forty-nine

A/N: This is not an easy chapter when I made it guys, so prepare some tissues while reading it.
___________________________________________

Justine's.

"You're going to be fine, Devon, just keep your eyes open! HELP!" His eyes are getting weaker, as he loses his blood on his chest, the same as his lips turning into pale color.

"I've done my last work here, Young Mistress... I saved Mrs. Cruz as well as you... I think I'm done working here right now... I finally go see my mama and papa... Thank you, Young Mistress..."

"No! Don't fucking sleep Devon! Wake up! No!" I was devastated and throbbing as I tried to keep him awake. I'm crying out loud, begging God not to keep him away from this world. When he is not responding to me, I mourn while shedding my tears. I keep him in my embrace, feeling his warm body but sadly, he's already gone.

"I'm so sorry, Justine. It's my fault." Emma spoke while crying.

"It's her fucking fault." I harshly told her while glaring rage at Gina who's now being handled by the police.

"Ma'am, we need to bring him to the hospital, we will announce his death there." The paramedics separated me from Devon's corpse.

"No! He's not dead! He's just sleeping, get your hands on me! No! Devon!" I shouted while they carried dead Devon away from me.

I'm acting like this because I felt like this is on me. He died on my watch while protecting my wife. I didn't wish or planned to get into this messy situation. He's just a kid, for fuck sake!

"It's okay, honey. He will be fine now in another world. We're thankful for his service to us, especially to me. He is my friend too, Justine. I know it is hard to accept it but we need it to, that's what he wants, to get rest now and be with his family above." Emma comforted and hugged me as I grieved his loss from her arms.

"He's not supposed to get that shot, Justine... But he takes it for me and our babies, and it is totally my fault." She also cried in my arms. Taking the blame that it supposedly is not to her, it's Gina.

I detached myself from my wife as I started to walk toward Gina, holding my gun from my back. If there is someone who needs to get killed in here, it is putatively her. "Justine, stop!" Emma halted me and before I could reply, Gina shoved the police as she successfully grabbed the officer's weapon, aiming at us.

All the police in here are now aiming their guns at her. "Shoot me! And I will kill this bitch!" She shouted and threatened my wife. I covered my body to Emma as I pointed my pistol to her.

"This is all your fault, Gina! You've killed enough for this day you fucking whore!" I furiously told her.

"If they're going to kill me, then I have no choice but to bring you too, Justine... in hell!" We heard a pop of a gun as I successfully nudged Emma to the side as I took the bullet from her.

But I didn't get any impact on me as I looked at my body, there's no blood coming out from me. I looked at Emma if she got the shot, hoping she wasn't. "You're alright?" I asked her and she's more perfectly fine while nodding her head at me.

Then I looked back at Gina, and there her white shirt was continuously bleeding out. "You shot me?" She asked toward my back and I saw it was Taylor, holding his own gun.

"That's for Devon you basic bitch." He replied yet holding his aim to her.

Suddenly, Gina targeted her weapon to Taylor, and I can't lose another man on my watch, I quickly stood up to block the bullet coming to Taylor, but it turns out it was another blast to Gina's body, as I saw Detective Marga Gonzales consistently shot Gina multiple time as she brought down to the ground.