ten

Justine's.

After the tremendous introduction for me and my wife as we entered the venue, we took a seat at the front stage while everyone is having a great night eating with the prepared food. It is nice to have a combination of American and Filipino cuisine on the food list. I watched how Emma was so curious she was eating, definitely, it was Lechong Baboy, or pork roasted.

"Having trouble?" I had to ask because she was about to burst from her curiosity. "I was wondering, is this the famous dish in the Philippines?" She inquired. I nodded my head and she can't even pick up the roasted skin of the pork since it is crunchy and a little bit hard to chew. "Grab it by your fingers." I advised her and she heeded it. While chewing it, her face was lighting up, and satisfied with the food. "Delicious isn't it?" I questioned her and she shook her head yes. I smiled at her response and we continue to finish up our dinner.

When the dinner is done, I heard someone clamping their wine glass and I recognized it was my father. "May I steal your time, everyone?" Father asked as he headed to the table where we are. "Thank you, this will be short, I'm not a big talkie though." He made humor where everyone chorused their laughter.

"I just wanted to say congratulations to the newlywed, especially to my daughter." I abruptly gazed my attention to him when he called me. "You've grown up so quickly and the last time I checked upon you, you were having your first taste of the alcohol at the age of 16. I may be busy with my work but you'll be always the daughter that I wanted in my whole life. Your mom will always be proud of you." He sincerely said that too I and I can feel my eyes became watery. I didn't expect that dad will be this too dramatic about me, and I was happy about what he said to me. And God knows that mom is watching me right now.

"A toast for my daughter, and to her wife. Congratulations, Justine." He smiled as everyone stood from their chairs, raising their glass to us.
___________________________________________

After several guests that made a congratulatory speech to us, it is time for the dance, which I argued that to Emma while we're planning it but of course, Marla will agree to her since it is part of the tradition. I hold Emma as we reached the middle space of the room. The music starts and I put Emma in my embrace.

"Earlier, I saw how vulnerable you are when your dad made a speech for you." Emma murmured at me while we're dancing.

(A/N: ignore the man and imagine it is Justine

(A/N: ignore the man and imagine it is Justine. This GXG story for heaven's sake.)

"What do you think of me at first?" I changed our topic because it is too early to open up to her. "When I first saw you in the hallway, I thought I saw an angel... no, I mean I saw a Goddess or Godly face. But you ruined it when you become cocky to me." She explained to me and I laughed off because of that. "What about you? I guess you already knew me before our first encounter, but what did you think of me when you saw me in person?" She questioned me back.