forty-eight

Justine's.

I received a call from Detective Gonzales that talks about Gina's bearing. Right now, I'm wearing some casual clothes to meet up with her again at our hiding spot. Anyways, when I came out from our walk-in closet, I saw Emma was somehow agitated through her phone.

"You alright, honey?" I asked her as I walked in front of her.

"I don't know, I got worried about Chandler." She replied as she was biting her nails. So now they're talking without mentioning it to me?

"Oh. So you're talking with him now. How long, Emma?" I sardonically asked her as I kneel to level up her pace.

"Don't get envious about it, honey. Like you, I'm more devoted to our relationship, okay. And he's the one who always updates me if you're going to the Cruz Corp. or not, which most of the time, not." She told me and I furrowed my brows.

"Hey, I love you, with all my heart. You're my home, remember?" Emma massaged my eyebrows and I rested my head to her chest.

"You're my home too. Mahal na Mahal kita Emma." I spoke it with my Filipino accent.

"How charming you are, the way you speak to me in Filipino language. You should teach that to Harls and Harvs." She chuckled as she gave nicknames to our twins.

"I wished they had your jolly face and those drowsy emerald eyes too. And your blonde hair as well, I want to have a little Emma's." I smiled at her as I kissed her watermelon tummy.

"Well, I want them to have your cute nose, as well as your curly hair. And I hope they didn't get your stubbornness and attitude." We both laughed because of that.

"Hey, I've changed, okay?" I sarcastically argued to her.

"I know, honey, I know. And I love you so much."

"I love you more, Ems." We both kissed as we let our foreheads rest with each other while we closed our eyes.

"You're going somewhere?" She asked.

I forgot about that.

"Yeah, Marga has a lead to Gina's case." I stood up as I kissed the top of her skull.

"Who the fuck is Marga?!" She furiously asked and I laughed at her response.

I kissed her deeply, showing her not to worry about everything. "She's the Detective in charge of this case, remember when she interrogated you at the hospital the day after you got shot?" I let her recall it.

"Hah. The Detective. Okay." She coldly retorted.

"Do you wanna join me in meeting up with her? You know to make sure that I will be certainly fine and safe. I will let Devon and Taylor come with us." I proposed to her while smiling. I saw how her lips curled and she hugged me.

"Even though she is only expecting you, and not bringing any company?" She fidgets her fingers like she was shy to ask it.

"She doesn't mind it after all. And also we can both know that Gina will be grieving in hell back in jail." I assured her.

"Good thing you're irritated with your friend now." With gesturing a quote and quote from her.

"She is not my friend. I have no friend who will hurt the love of my life. I have no friend who's a total psycho and a murderer." I seriously told her.

"Then let's get going to see the news she has to tell us." Emma makes me solace as she kisses my forehead. And we both proceeded outside our house, finally.

___________________________________________

Emma’s. 

I waited 15 minutes from now while watching these two young ladies arguing with each other, probably because I am here, as well Devon and Taylor. We’re here, honestly speaking, don’t know where we are but it’s kinda a sort of a safe house for Detective Gonzales. When we arrived, the young detective scolded my wife and right now, we can hear them blaming and refuting in the other room.