forty-four

Justine's.

We re-watched the footage that happened in the ballroom last evening, and it's certainly evidence that my secretary, my friend, Gina, was the one who initiated the shot to my wife. Why would she do that? She knows that Emma is my wife, her boss' spouse. She almost killed my children, fuck!

"Good thing you're finally awake, Mrs. Cruz. We need some clarifications with you also about the incident last night." Detective Gonzales told it to my wife.

We're all here at the hospital, which Emma was still recovering. At first, I didn't believe in her, I know is a shitty way but I trust my secretary to do not things like that. I need to be elucidated by this situation. I instructed Taylor to grab the CCTV footage inside the event, considering the police will go to get it. As we watched it, I can't stand steadily while watching Gina hurting, or rather shoot my wife.

"Justine... Are you alright?" Emma asked me softly.

I looked at her and to be honest, I don't know either if I'm okay. "Have you ever been contacted Ms. Scotts?" I ignored my wife's question and I asked the detective.

"I ordered my men to go to her crib, and sadly, she wasn't there. We tried contacting her also but no response at all. Mrs. Cruz, maybe you can help us set her up by calling her. She's your secretary, she trusts you. And with this evidence, we really need you to go to the precinct about the accusations with Ms. Gina Scotts." She retorted to and I nodded my head.

"For now, I will talk to your wife about the occurrence last night, can you step outside first?" She requested to me.

"Can't I be here while interrogating her? She might need me, and I want to be right by her side. She's injured, detective." I protested.

"I know that, Mrs. Cruz. But right now, we can see you as an alliance with the suspect, for now." Is she kidding me? Why would I be getting on Gina's intentions to kill my OWN wife?!

"You fucking joking, right? Do you think I'm all behind from this?! Why would I be her accomplice when I'm fucking clueless about this despicable circumstance!" I am now being a mad man to her, how dare she is to indict me?!  

"Mrs. Cruz, calm down, we will also talk to you after your wife. Please, exit the room, or else we will see you different around from this."

"Who's your boss?! I need to speak to them, this is absurd!"

"Justine, just get out." Emma stopped me.

"What? No, she's violating my right!" I complained.

"Justine, please. This will take shortly, okay? I believe in you that you'll never do this to me. I know you love me and will never hurt me. Just wait outside okay? I'll be fine." She holds my hand that it makes me calm. I sighed as I nodded my head and kissed her forehead. "I love you, Emma. I will fix this." I whispered to her.

"I love you more, Justine. I will be fine, don't worry." Emma smiled at me as she kisses my cheeks which turned into rosy color.

I abruptly glare at the police detective and I departed from the room.
___________________________________________

Emma's. 

"Let me introduce myself, my name is Detective Marga Gonzales, in charge of this case, and I would appreciate it if you cooperate with us, Mrs. Emma Cruz. We're also sorry about what happened to you and we're also grateful that you're in good shape for now. Anyways, let's get started." Detective Gonzales introduced herself as she was appreciative of my condition.

"Can you tell us what happened there? I mean we already know with a different perspective though, but I want to know your own side, Mrs. Cruz." She asked me. I sighed as I recalled the last scene from there. It's traumatizing but I need to be brave, for my babies and to my Justine.