thirty-seven

Emma's.

"Please Devon, help me. I don't want to leave here, I wanted to spend more time with my wife."

We're already at the airfield and it turns out, Justine really makes the statement correctly. I waited for her all night, but sadly she didn't come. Now she's sending me back to LA without her?! This is absurd, I came here to mend the needed to be fixed, but so far, I've done nothing. I fucked up and drown everything.

"Mrs. Emma, I'm so sorry, I would like to help you too but I'm not familiar with this country, I don't even know where's Tagaytay located." Devon retorted to me. "Fine, then I'll do it to myself." I stomped out to the hangar and Devon was shouting my name. This is my only chance to get her, there's no way I'll slip this out.

On my way to the car, I heard a chattering gentleman, along the way outside the hangar, and I saw Justine's brother. Joseph wasn't it? "Emma! So delighted I found you here, did Justine forget you, or are you planning on leaving?" No, I guess my wife wants me out of here.

"No, Justine wants me to go back to LA, but I just got here yesterday, and I wanted to explore with her, but she didn't return last night to our room." That's a fact, I want Justine to introduce me to her homeland.

"Lucky for you, I changed the event for today, instead of Tagaytay, our investors wanted to view the beauty of Boracay. Sounds new or familiar to you, Emma?" Justine's brother guided me to his private jet and I can see Devon was questioning me with his glare.

"I'm sorry I didn't catch your name again, what is it?" I respectfully asked him. "Joey, my dear sister-in-law." I saw his dimples too when he smiled at me, same as his sister, but my Justine's better. "Yes, Joey, right. Listen, I just wanted to see and enjoy my time here in the Philippines with Justine. And I don't want to bother you at work, but can you bring me to her in Boracay, right?" Sounds like I'm proposing a deal to him.

"Of course, you two are my favorite couple!" I can see how jolly he was. I was so satisfied with his answer and I signal Devon to come with us to his jet. "Thank you so much, Joey. I feel like I owe you a great one. Justine and I have a little argument and I needed to resolve that to avoid quantities." I explained to him as he get his champagne. "I guess a little advice for you, go for it, ascend her. Tine is very introverted and suppressive since we're little. And she's not comfortable at expressing her true feelings, you know she closes her own door and locked it up." He told me about the young Justine.

"I can see that too, but as this past few months, she was trying everything to me, she's reaching me out and showing her true colors." I was smiling when I recalled how goofy she really was, but she's also too sensitive and fragile. "Great achievement for her, then why did you two down for a fight? If I may ask." He interrogates me.

"When she shows her true personality, I think she misheard... or heard me complaining about that, like being attached, nosy, and daffy. She feels like I was disturbed by showing her real Justine to me." I become sad and angry with myself. To be honest, I wasn't infuriated at all, yes it is a kind of speed for us both to jump into this relationship, but I was wrong, if that's what she really was, then I screwed her up.

"I told to her that I will accept her, whatever she is, just let her show me, but I hardly dismissed her. Now she's scared and locking again to herself alone." My tears running out of my eyes as I blaming myself for being the jerk to Justine, she deserves more than everything.

Devon handed me some tissues as he tapping my shoulders to make me calm. "Do you love Justine?" Joey firmly asked me.

"Of course, I do. There's no doubt with that."

"Then why did you hurt her?" I looked at him and he was scowling at me.

"I love my sister, Emma. She's experienced different insults, harsh actions, and rejections from everyone she wanted to have, especially our father. And Justine, seeing to her vivid actions, love is more to define to her words, and you've done it to her." Joey stand from his seat and proceeded to his room. "Actions are more accurate than words, Emma. Justine saw her future with you. I'm rooting for you to ease it." That's his final words to me.
___________________________________________

Justine's.

It's already noon and my idiot brother was late again, a good thing I save his ass to his new investor. Joey has a new project in building uniquely reforms here in Boracay, the pure beauty of the island. I love to be here but it's too overrated for me, and for Joey, this will be another opportunity to land a name of Cruz in here.

"Taylor, any news about Emma?" Yes, I'm still concern about her, she's still my wife, I should check her safety, 24/7. "Devon hasn't yet responded to me but their driver notified me that they're already at the airport, 2 hours ago." I was relieved about that news and I nodded my head to him.

"Young Mistress, the Young Master has arrived at the building with his guests." The lady who worked with my brother informed me. "Thank you." I replied.

So my brother got late because of these guests? I hope it's not like the last one he brought some exotic woman. When my foot landed in the lobby, my eyes puckered to my pregnant wife, what is she doing here? Is this Joey's guest?

"Justine!" Joey greeted me.

"Joe, what is she doing here? And you, I thought you're already back to LA?" I asked them.

"I saw Emma on our port, and she was looking for you, not having to say goodbye to her horrid wife." Is he referring to me?! Obviously, I'm her only WIFE.

"Goodbye. There I said it, now she can leave. And you," I glared at my erratic bodyguard, "You only have one job, and you totally screwed it. You're fired." Devon went apprehensive when I told him fired, Emma and Joe protested to me and I didn't bother them as I turn my back to them.

"Will you please slow it down? I',m pregnant you fucker!" Emma shouted at me and all the tourists in here are looking at us. "Come." I yanked her arm as we heading to the elevator, leaving the three gentlemen in there. "You're hurting me." She mumbled, which I heard at all, I dropped her arm as the door closed. "Devon has nothing to do with this. I heaved his ass to your brother's jet. He was strictly following your orders, you don't have to be ousted him!" Yes, Emma was mad about that.

"Why are you still doing here? I told you to go home 'cause apparently you don't want me to be around with you like a fucking pup." I gritted.

"Oh please, Justine! Grow up, will you?! This is not always about you!" We're both raising our voices now.

"Yes! This will and always be me! I'm a stupid, annoying, relentless, and selfish woman with a dick!" I huffed out some air from my guts as I covered my face with my palms. "I'm incapable to be love. And I will pin that to my mind." Once again the elevator opened, and I pressed the ground button as I exited and she stayed in there. "Go home, Emma. I'll be back as soon as possible to take care of our children." I told her as they closed again and I proceeded to my room with heavy baggage on my back.

I hate my life.