forty-three

Justine's.

As I listen to the monitors placed over my wife's oblivious body, still wearing the same shirt with a bloodstain on me, waiting for her to finally wake up. Everything went fast, as a loud bang keeps on repeating to my ear like it was never-ending. This is not what I expected for my celebration. It's a bad portent to me, I'm not happy about my birthday.

"Young Mistress, the police are here to take your statement about the accident." Taylor caught me up as I steadily gape at my sleeping wife, waiting to move any parts of her body, indicating that she's alive.

"I can't right now. Can't you see I'm busy?" I firmly answered him, not stealing away my eyes from her. I can't lose her and our babies.

Flashback:

I heard commotions over at my wife's post when I noticed someone popping up my occasion. I know him, but I can't remember his name, and he was captivated by Emma's presence.

"Excuse me, I need to get to my wife, gentlemen." I excused myself from my guests and moved forward to my wife when that intruder shouted Emma's name.

"Please, come back to me! I beg you!" I fully recognized him when I getting closer to my wife, he was wearing a lousy suit, with an unshaven beard and shaggy hair, kneeling in front of Emma.

Richard Fallon. Emma's ex-boyfriend.

How the hell he gets in here? He wasn't invited or for sure, he was prohibited to get close to my wife. As I showed up next to Emma and Gina, I guided Emma to go hide behind me, because I'm feeling something wrong with him, where his eyes are colored red with pale lips on his. He's not supposed to be here, he might put my family in danger, I need to protect them.

"Mr. Fallon, I supposed we filed an order to you for keeping your distance away from my wife." I told him while he got furious when I called Emma 'my wife'.

"It was you! You ruined my career, my life! Even my girlfriend, you homewrecker!" He shouted as everyone now was looking at us. "I believe you started the betrayal between you and Emma. Fucking someone while your girlfriend keeping her phone update to see any messages from her 'faithful' partner." I retorted. I can also see some securities now are coming inside.

When Richard caught a glimpse of the securities coming out, the motherfucker pulled out a revolver aiming at me. "You tricked me! You only said to stay out of way to Emma and even paid me for doing that! Then why do you have to wreck my career as well, you scumbag! Tell me! Waking up in the muds of hate and terror from my fans, banning me all over the agencies out here, and receiving death threats from you! Is this what you call truce?!"

What the fuck is he talking about? At some point he's indeed correct, dad paid him up to break up with Emma and get married to me, but ruining his career? That his fault, streaming his scandals all over the net, but I have no idea about banning him and the blackmailing thing too.

"Ok, calm down Mr. Fallon. We can peacefully make this talk, okay. Look, I don't even know what you're talking about! You're putting a risk to my family, for fuck sake!" I'm getting frantic now as he's moving his aim to my wife.

"Come back to me, Emma. Is just one mistake, don't make it fall our relationship just for that." He pleaded to my wife and I can feel her hands trembling to mine. This is bad, it can affect my children too, if she's having a panic attack right now, I will kill this son of a bitch with my bare hands.

"Drop the gun, sir. The police are on their way, we can settle this down by just talking, without the gun." Taylor persuaded Richard to lower his weapon and he got panicked as he peeked on Taylor moving closer to him.