thirty-nine

Justine's.

"You sure you're not coming? Thanksgiving will be a week over after my birthday."

I am now leaving the Philippines for over 2 weeks, I'm eventually going back home to my wife. You heard it right too, my birthday is just around the corner then after that it will be Thanksgiving. Still have no decisions about the said event considering my family went expanded with Emma's kin.

Before reaching my flight, Joey assisted me here at the airport as he send regards to me. "I'll be coming late over, but I don't want to miss Thanksgiving with Russel. Besides, my birthday present is already packed in your suitcase, so open it when you're alone in your room okay?" I got frightened about this mysterious gift he has for me, I hope it didn't go just like last year.

"It better be not tarantulas again, Joey. I fucking swear to you, you're dead." I furiously glared at him and he laughed about my response. He's such a bully.

"It's better than the spiders, Tine. Now go, and say Hi to Dad and Russel, include Emma too." We both hugged each other, watching me board my plane as I spurted him goodbye.

15 hours flight is very tiring and boring, and I miss how Emma disturbing me from my work just to have some time and scrutiny to her only. Every time I sleep in here and woke up, I'm still in the mid-air. All I see are clouds and sometimes droplets of rain. Shit! I'm so bored. I tried to check my emails but I've already done replying to them. I tried to sleep again but this time I tried to breathe out first as slowly as I shut my visions off.

"Justine."

That's what I heard, yet my eyes are closed, I heard my wife's sweet voice calling me.

"Mama."

"Mama wake up!"

What?

Are they referring to me? Why am I hearing two voices in my head, and they sound genuine to my ears.

I slowly open my eyes, as the sun rays beam to my room, our room. I was laying down on our king-size bed as I watched Emma was looking down at me. "Good morning, sleepyhead." She greeted me, wearing those love smile. I was about to reply to her when two children jumped on my torso, giggling and jolly to found me.

What is happening?

"This is our family now, Justine. Don't forget that. We will always and forever love you." Emma smiled at me and I can't help but kiss this woman. As I closed my eyes, I heard a sad sniffing and whining to me.

I once opened my eyes more, and I realized I was 5 feet down to the ground lying. I felt cold and thin air from here. As I looked up, I saw Emma, with these two children again, crying over to my corpse. Am I dead?

"You promised to me, Justine! You said you will be with us, always and forever! Then why are you dead?"

I woke up from the chair, where I left asleep on here. My head got hurt, and I was so fuzzy about those dreams, or worst, my nightmare.

Am I going to die?

Am I going to leave my wife all the responsibilities we shared as partners and parents?

I thought I have twins, how do I have a daughter and son too?

This series of questions keeps bugging me and it stopped as Taylor came to e and looking at me worriedly. "Young Mistress, are you ok?" He asked.

I finished drinking my one glass of water with panting and sweaty. "Yeah, I'm great. Any news?" I changed off the topic. "We're about to land, and I came here to check on you, but are you sure, you're fine? I can call the ambulance immediately as we once landed." I shook my head from disagreeing with him. "No need Taylor, as we finally landed, take me to my office to finish some articles to approve it." I instructed him as I put on my seatbelt. "Yes, Young Mistress."