twenty-two

Justine's.

I was 30 minutes waiting here outside of my wife's room, her best friends; Stella and Scarlett are also in here waiting for the result. Stella mentioned that lately she was been dizzy and having a migraine. She has her morning sickness and she only eats basil after she vomits.

"Maybe she's adjusting her time since she was back at taping again." Scarlett cheered Stella because she's being overreacting to what happened to Emma.

"She knows how to do that, but she always sleeps at night very late, and I don't even know why." She was sobbing and I lift my head because of that, am I the reason why she's been feeling sick for the last 2 weeks?

I was disturbed when the doctor came out of the room. "Doc, how is she?" Emma's best friends asked the physician immediately. "Are you the family of the patient?" He asked two ladies. "I'm her wife, Justine Amara Cruz." I told to the doctor. "Oh, Mrs. Cruz! Great to see you here at the hospital, well your wife is stable now, she just lacks of rest and she eats inappropriate food that even her stomach can't accept it but she keeps on eating. But overall, she's great now and we put her some IVs to gain some more energy." We all huffed because of relief that Emma is better now.

I brushed my hair as I smiled that nothing happens to her. Shit, I should be more careful with her. I was scared that she's too much worrying about me, well that's what friends are for, right?

"You can now see her in the room." The doctor allowed us to enter the room as we saw the sleeping beauty. Yes, she's so beautiful even when she's sick. I let her friends take care of her as I go to the nurse table to check her medicine charges. They even gave me her medicine, I don't know what is called, but they said it is for immunity boost and energy.

I continued to walk again to her room, where she was now wide awake. We looked at each other's eyes like we're being chatting telepathically. "Hi." I was the one who greeted her and I gave her my warm smile. I know she's still mad at me but as I make it up to her, I should help her and take care of her.

"Here are your medicine and vitamins. They said that it will sustain your energy back again." I showed her the tablets as I went to the end of the bed. "Did that nurse flirted with you too?" Yup, she's still mad at me. I cleared my throat to organize myself for the next line I will say it to her.

"Can we give us a minute, please?" I pleaded to the two ladies as they were now smirking at me. Yes I know, I will be dead because of this. They went outside and the two of us are left in here.

"Look, I know you're still mad at me, but I'm telling you the truth." I explained myself to her as I went to the chair beside her. "Who told you that I was mad?" She sarcastically asked me and I left dumbfounded because of that. Shit, this is my first strike.

"You looked hysterical earlier at the trailer?" I replied to her.

"So I look like a delirious mother now?!" Her voice got higher and I was getting scared now. Strike 2. I swallowed my saliva and I was thinking about getting out in here.

She rolled her eyes at me like I was an unbelievable person she ever met. "I'm not mad at you. I'm just disappointed in you." Emma clarifies to me. "They're just the same, Emma." I told her. "Ok, this is where you zip it and let the older one talk." She winced and hold her head and I quickly stood up and grab some water.

"You need to drink this, it will ease your migraine, according to the nurse." I handed her the water and the pill, but she just stared at them.

"Justine, you can do whatever you want, go whoever you wanted to be. But please, just tell me where and when will you be back because I got worried so much about you. I'm still your wife." She was calm now and I understand what she told me. I was guilty of it and looked at what I got to her when she was distressed about my safety.

I brushed her long bangs aside and plucked them to her ears to see her blooming face. I feel sad about how her eyes got darker under it as her lips are really pale. "I'm sorry that I made you worry. I promised to you, I will always update my whereabouts. Ok?" I assure to her and she nodded her head to me. "You're acting like my older sister yet you're just my wife and my friend." I told a joke to her and we both chuckled because of it. There it is, that smile that makes my day brighter.

"Let's get you back, ok? Drink this, hot mama." I teased her and she smacked me in my arms. We both giggled and I handed her the medicines.

"Wait!" Emma and I were startled as the doctor earlier, as well as the nurse jumped off to our door. "You didn't know the word knock, doctor?" I was mad at them for trespassing without noticing us.

"I'm so sorry, Mrs. Cruz's, but we need to take it that back." The nurse snatched the tablets from my hand. "What, why? Don't tell me you prescribed the wrong drugs to my wife, because I will definitely file a case against to you and to the hospital." Emma hold my hands like she was calming me down. Thanks to her, I brushed my hair back to hold my temper and I glimpsed to my happy wife.

"We were sorry about this but we discover the result of your wife's check-up." The doctor explained to us and we both got curious about it. "What is it? Does she has a severe sick? Or maybe worst than that?" Emma punched my arms as I felt that so hard and painful. "Ouch?!" I complained to her. "Do you want me to die?" She questioned me. "Of course not." I rub my arm to make the discomfort away.

"Mrs. Cruz, she's not sick, I told you that she's stable right now and it is typical for the woman who carries a child to that symptoms. " The male doctor announced us and I was relieved once more.

Wait, something's wrong.

"Wait, what did you say?" I told to the doctor while still holding my wife's hand.

"Congratulations, Mrs. and Mrs. Cruz, your wife is 2 weeks pregnant now." Both medical experts cheered us and me with my wife was left stupefied by the news.

I'm gonna be a mother?!
___________________________________________

Emma's.

I'm pregnant?!

That's what I thought, but it is actual, right? Is this for real? "It is one of the indications that your wife is pregnant, morning sickness and fatigue. From her urinal check-up, we discover that she is 14 days pregnant." The doctor informed us of the great news. I was happy, I didn't know that my eggs are still alive and active.

I stared at my wife when she unclasped her hands to mine. Oh no, is she upset because of this? "I-I need proof of that." Justine stammered and she was demanding evidence that I was pregnant.  So she really doesn't want to have a child with me?

"Emma, you told me that y-you're on p-pills right?" She was asking me while her voice are trembling. This is where I fibbed to her, I didn't take pills anymore. "What the fuck Emma?!" She yelled at me and I was hurt because of that. Justine pulled her hair hard as she left the room. "Justine!" I shouted at her but it was too late.

My friends are now appeared in here as they talked to the doctor again and I was crying right now. This is what I'm telling always myself. Justine will see our child as her number one enemy to her father's will. "Mrs. Cruz, I suggest that try not to stress yourself out, since it is still small, it may lead to miscarriage if too much work and tension will react to your child." Nice, doc! I was having a problem now with my wife, now he will threaten me about miscarriage.

Fuck!