My Life My Rules

By LexForLexxanie

After being taken from her home by loan sharks, Kaila finds herself in an unforeseen environment. After being... More

Chapter 1: Pay Attention
Chapter 2: Sold
Chapter 3: Journey Through the Dark
Chapter 4: Hello Floor
Chapter 5: Ice Breaker
Chapter 6: Brunch
Chapter 7: Worlds Apart
Chapter 8: Our Little Secret
Chapter 9: Red and Blue
Chapter 10: Outfit Change
Chapter 11: First Stop
Chapter 12: Game Time
Chapter 13: Strike
Chapter 14: Hidden Scars
Chapter 15: Inner Thoughts
Chapter 16: Clues
Chapter 17: Shocked
Chapter 18: Blind Buying
Chapter 19: Two Extra Pairs of Ears
Chapter 20: Corrections
Chapter 21: Goodies Galore
Chapter 22: Decisions
Chapter 23: Sudden Surprise
Chapter 24: Trial Run
Chapter 25: Wildfire
Chapter 26: Stuck
Chapter 27: Fastforwards
Chapter 28: Incident
Chapter 29: Time for Departure
Chapter 30: Stay Back from the Fishies
Chapter 31: Mixed Emotions
Chapter 32: Easy Flow
Chapter 33: The Fault is Yours
Chapter 34: Clingy and Worried
Chapter 35: From Zero to a Hundred
Chapter 36: Triple Threat
Chapter 37: Strange Suspicion
Chapter 38: A Safe Place
Chapter 39: Explain Yourself
Chapter 40: The Wicked Witch
Chapter 41: The Monster in the Dark
Chapter 42: Distractions
Chapter 43: Car Troubles
Chapter 44: A New Friend
Chapter 45: Living on the Edge
Chapter 46: Urgent Wake Up Call
Chapter 47: Our Little Secret
Chapter 48: Play With Us
Chapter 49: Splitting Up
Chapter 50: A Simple Gesture
Chapter 51: Seperation
Chapter 52: Locked In
Chapter 53: Art Class
Chapter 54: Reuniting Family
Chapter 55: Hiding Away
Chapter 56: The Sound of Heartache
Chapter 57: The Return
Chapter 58: Line Troubles
Chapter 59: Disappearing Act
Chapter 60: Unwelcomed Guests
Chapter 61: Karma
Chapter 62: The Bargain
Chapter 63: You What
Chapter 64: Double Date
Chapter 65: Fight Outside
Chapter 66: Aftermath
Chapter 67: Everyone's Got Gloomy Days
Chapter 68: Presents
Chapter 69: Sunset
Chapter 70: Imperfect Reflection
Chapter 71: Distinct
Chapter 72: Mood Shifts
Chapter 73: Double Trouble
Chapter 74: Just A Dream
Chapter 75: The Trust We Hold
Chapter 76: Madame's Cafe
Chapter 77: Hourglass
Chapter 78: Bird Calling
Chapter 80: Turn of Trust
Chapter 81: Anchor
Chapter 82: Everlasting Effect
Chapter 83: Remember This
Chapter 84: Confused Bug
Chapter 85: Evening Preparations
Chapter 86: Sudden Awakening
Chapter 87: Reflection
Chapter 88: Journal Entries
Chapter 89: No Take Backs
Chapter 90: Cafe of Fun
Chapter 91: Apologic Gesture
Chapter 92: Voicemail
Chapter 93: A Festive Distraction
Chapter 94: Winter Wonderland
Chapter 95: Late Night Troubles
Chapter 96: Special Venue
Chapter 97: Inside Job
Chapter 98: Hot Cocoa
Chapter 99: Poker Face
Chapter 100: Palace Event

Chapter 79: And Then There Were Three

2.5K 116 3
By LexForLexxanie

As morning time came around so did the brothers time to pack their bags. With their trip being more stressful than anticipated, the brothers couldn't have been more thrilled to get back to their own lives.

While they didn't bring much with them, the boys were lucky enough to have bought enough outfits from the mall to last them a week. Packing it all up inside of their cars, the brothers were upstairs coloring with Kaila and Lauren while Faye was downstairs jumping around the place as the couple made the brothers breakfast.

Cooking up a plate of omelets, sausage, and sweet potato Lain and Nina had a side dish they knew the brothers would enjoy. A cake.

"Faye, why don't you run upstairs to tell them the food is ready." Nina said as the little girl bounced her way upstairs playing with her stuffed gingerbread man in hand.

"Are you excited for today?" Nina heard her wife ask from behind as she looked puzzled at the floor.

"I don't know." She sighed. "Is it bad of me for being happy that they're leaving?"

Chuckling Lain shook her head as she walked over pressing her lips up against her wife's. "No, it just means we get more alone time now." Lain said against her wife's chest before the rumbling of footsteps emerged from behind them.

"I smell something baking!" Nick clapped his hands as he skipped alongside Kaila. "What do you got baking in the oven?" He inhaled deeply trying to savor the sweet smell of the baked good.

"You'll find out later." His sister said.

Sighing Nick rolled his eyes as he made his plate of food instead.

"It looks delicious." Nelson complimented as he walked over grabbing a plate as well.

As the brothers made their own food Nina had picked Kaila up off the floor as she turned her back against the others before checking her little girls morning diaper. Seeing they were still in the clear, the woman proceeded to make her baby's plate along with a bottle.

While Nina handled Kaila, Lain made both Lauren and Faye's plates.

With breakfast running smoothly, the family all sat together at the dinning room table enjoying their last meal together.

After breaking news of the brothers departure to the girls, the brothers and couple had to hold back their own tears as the little girls erupted in emotions. Their time with Nina's brothers was short lived, and yet they still built a bond they weren't going to forget.

"Stay please Uncle Nicky!" Lauren cried into Nick's arm as she tried to tug his chair closer to hers.

"I wish I could, but you heard your mommy's. Uncle Nicky's got to go back home."

"It's home here."

"Oh I know, but this is your home. Not mines. Maybe someday I'll tell your mama she can bring you and your sissy's to my place." He offered instead.

"Really?" She looked at him with a twinkle in her eyes.

"Mhm. You can meet my soon to be wife and play out by the lake near our house. It'll be fun!"

"Can we have pool party there?" Faye sat on her knees as she eagerly asked from across the table.

"Why not?" He shrugged before seeing two pairs of disagreeing eyes staring back at him. "On second thought, we may have to see about that pool party Faye."

"Why?!" She whined.

"Because...sharks." He excused awkwardly with a grin as the little girl shrunk in her seat quietly trying not to imagine the largest shark in the world appearing in the same water she would be in.

While the two girls proceeded to bombard Nick with questions about his home life, Kaila and Nelson were busy doing their own thing next to them. While Kaila loved being fed by the couple, she had enjoyed being fed by the youngest brother as well. He always knew how to make the silliest of noises with her.

One bite after the other the small girl couldn't help but giggle when Lauren innocently told Nickolas, "I wanna bath." She could see the older brothers face turn red as Lain, Nina, and Nelson also broke out into laughter.

"Um..." the brother was speechless. He didn't know what to say or how to say it. He didn't want to help give the poor girl a bath like she wanted, but he also didn't want to hurt her feelings.

"Relax Nick, she's just saying she wants a bath. She's not asking you to give her one." Nina cleared up the air as Nick released his breathe. "Mama will help you after you finish eating Lauren. You're already messy enough as it is, a bath will probably do you some good." Nina said impressed by the extent of her mess.

"I'm ready mama." Lauren said as she dropped her fork down on the table leaving her with half of her plate on either her face or clothes.

As Nina chuckled, she excused both herself and Lauren. She wanted to clean her little girl up before it was her brothers time to depart.

With the remaining five people at the table, all the attention went to Nelson.

"What're you going to do when you get home?" Lain asked curiously.

"Probably get some work done before I have to go back tomorrow." He said with a disappointed look on his face.

"What work?" Faye asked intrigued.

"Well I handle meetings mostly with some of our partnering schools, and so I have a lot of paperwork that I have to sort through prior to the meetings in order to..." Nelson would've continued on if it wasn't for the loud snore from the side of him.

Looking down confused he saw Faye slumped in her seat with her eyes half closed with overly loud snores coming from her.

Scoffing as he stopped the woman, his brother, and the girls laughed at him.

Being dramatic as he threw his head back, the man looked at Lain with a face of disbelief. "Did you see what your girl just did to me?!"

"I didn't need to see it. I heard it." Lain laughed harder as the others laughter also tuned up in volume.

"And you're just going to let her get away with that?"

"Of course she's just having some harmless fun."

"Yeah, just having fun." Faye repeated back to Nelson as Nick nearly fell out of his chair from laughing so hard.

"Stop laughing before I give you a reason to keep laughing so hard." He playfully said as he lightly tickled over the girls stomach.

Making the girl blush, Faye shook her head anxiously as she tried to soften her giggles. The problem was, she found that to be easier said than done.

"Mommy help." Faye jumped out of her seat before running to Lain while she made a mess on the floor as the food from her clothes fell.

Lain sighed knowing Lauren wasn't going to be the only one needing a bath today, but nonetheless she opened her arms wide.

"Your mommy won't save you. I'll still make sure to give you a reason for laughing earlier." He threatened before a smile crept its way onto the man's face as he saw Lain cringe when a drop of sweet potato from Faye's shirt made its way onto her chest.

"Nuh uh!" Faye shook her head dramatically, rubbing the sweet potato into Lain more.

As Faye and Nelson continued throwing playful threats at one another for nearly five straight minutes, Nick decided it was finally time to put a stop to it. "Alright. I think we get the point you two. Why not call it even for now?" He asked in a rather demanding tone.

"You heard Uncle Nicky, you've got to stop arguing with me."

"You argue too. Mommy tell him." Faye said as she ignored the uncomfortable look on the woman's face from the mess she had made on her.

"You did argue back." Lain said simply to satisfy her little ones desires.

As Nelson playfully rolled his eyes in response, the man finally sat back from the edge of his seat. Turning to check on Kaila from besides him, her appearance alone had nearly sent him into another laughing spree.

Her checks were bright orange as her hands were covered in egg and cheese as she finished the rest of her food without him. "Okay I think it's time for us to all have a bath now." Lain said holding back her own laughter as she grabbed Kaila out of her seat.

Looking to the brothers Lain announced. "We'll be back." Before taking off with her girls in the direction of the bathroom upstairs.

Washing up as the brothers cleaned their mess downstairs, Lain finally returned back down in a new outfit while Kaila and Faye stayed in the bath for longer to play with Nina.

"Thanks again for the meal Lain." Nick said sitting in the living room.

"Anytime." She hummed taking a seat opposite to both of her brother-in-laws. "So..." she trailed on with a gulp. "...I wanted to ask you both something before you leave." She said nervously.

Seeing as nobody else was around to interrupt them, Lain wanted to address the elephant in the room.

Her displeasure from the soon-to-be-conversation could be heard as clear as day. Stopping in their tracks the brothers looked at the woman nervously from their seats. They shared a brief glance to exchange their flushed faces.

Taking in a huge breathe to relax Lain didn't know how else to approach the conversation than to get straight to the point. "I know you guys have been talking about something behind Nina and I's back."
———————————————————————————
Let me know what you think. Thanks Lexx signing off

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.4K 801 22
At the age of 23, all what Camille wanted in her life was someone who would take care of her like she wished to be treated ever since she realized sh...
459K 10.9K 37
Lucy leaves home in an attempt to escape an abusive situation. Two women take her in and care for her as their own.
19.1K 178 10
Just a bunch of Oneshots about littles being littles. I've decided; We don't have enough mcyt & friends agere yet, we have to change that! Here we go...
331K 6.3K 22
In a world a new, sub/dom is the new normal. When you turn 17 you get categorized as a sub/dom. And in these two groups you get put into a category...