My Life My Rules

By LexForLexxanie

After being taken from her home by loan sharks, Kaila finds herself in an unforeseen environment. After being... More

Chapter 1: Pay Attention
Chapter 2: Sold
Chapter 3: Journey Through the Dark
Chapter 4: Hello Floor
Chapter 5: Ice Breaker
Chapter 6: Brunch
Chapter 7: Worlds Apart
Chapter 8: Our Little Secret
Chapter 9: Red and Blue
Chapter 10: Outfit Change
Chapter 11: First Stop
Chapter 12: Game Time
Chapter 13: Strike
Chapter 14: Hidden Scars
Chapter 15: Inner Thoughts
Chapter 16: Clues
Chapter 17: Shocked
Chapter 18: Blind Buying
Chapter 19: Two Extra Pairs of Ears
Chapter 20: Corrections
Chapter 21: Goodies Galore
Chapter 22: Decisions
Chapter 23: Sudden Surprise
Chapter 24: Trial Run
Chapter 25: Wildfire
Chapter 26: Stuck
Chapter 27: Fastforwards
Chapter 28: Incident
Chapter 29: Time for Departure
Chapter 30: Stay Back from the Fishies
Chapter 31: Mixed Emotions
Chapter 32: Easy Flow
Chapter 33: The Fault is Yours
Chapter 34: Clingy and Worried
Chapter 35: From Zero to a Hundred
Chapter 36: Triple Threat
Chapter 37: Strange Suspicion
Chapter 38: A Safe Place
Chapter 39: Explain Yourself
Chapter 40: The Wicked Witch
Chapter 41: The Monster in the Dark
Chapter 42: Distractions
Chapter 43: Car Troubles
Chapter 44: A New Friend
Chapter 45: Living on the Edge
Chapter 46: Urgent Wake Up Call
Chapter 47: Our Little Secret
Chapter 48: Play With Us
Chapter 49: Splitting Up
Chapter 50: A Simple Gesture
Chapter 51: Seperation
Chapter 52: Locked In
Chapter 53: Art Class
Chapter 54: Reuniting Family
Chapter 55: Hiding Away
Chapter 56: The Sound of Heartache
Chapter 57: The Return
Chapter 58: Line Troubles
Chapter 59: Disappearing Act
Chapter 60: Unwelcomed Guests
Chapter 61: Karma
Chapter 62: The Bargain
Chapter 63: You What
Chapter 64: Double Date
Chapter 66: Aftermath
Chapter 67: Everyone's Got Gloomy Days
Chapter 68: Presents
Chapter 69: Sunset
Chapter 70: Imperfect Reflection
Chapter 71: Distinct
Chapter 72: Mood Shifts
Chapter 73: Double Trouble
Chapter 74: Just A Dream
Chapter 75: The Trust We Hold
Chapter 76: Madame's Cafe
Chapter 77: Hourglass
Chapter 78: Bird Calling
Chapter 79: And Then There Were Three
Chapter 80: Turn of Trust
Chapter 81: Anchor
Chapter 82: Everlasting Effect
Chapter 83: Remember This
Chapter 84: Confused Bug
Chapter 85: Evening Preparations
Chapter 86: Sudden Awakening
Chapter 87: Reflection
Chapter 88: Journal Entries
Chapter 89: No Take Backs
Chapter 90: Cafe of Fun
Chapter 91: Apologic Gesture
Chapter 92: Voicemail
Chapter 93: A Festive Distraction
Chapter 94: Winter Wonderland
Chapter 95: Late Night Troubles
Chapter 96: Special Venue
Chapter 97: Inside Job
Chapter 98: Hot Cocoa
Chapter 99: Poker Face
Chapter 100: Palace Event

Chapter 65: Fight Outside

2.6K 129 18
By LexForLexxanie

"Mom?!" Lain nearly did a spit take as she wiped the drink off her lips.

While Lain was in pure shock, seeing Nina's face was even more priceless. She looked as if she were waiting for someone to jump out from one of the many decorative plants to say they've been set up in an elaborate joke.

Except that sadly wasn't the case.

Standing at the edge of the table stood Lain's mother. While she had a lighter tan glow than her daughter, they shared the same height. With a smile on her face she couldn't have been more relieved to see Lain.

"It's nice to see you girls out." She said while looking at Nina. The woman closely inspected her secret daughter in law. "Although I didn't think that out of all places you'd come here?" She said as her eyebrow cocked up when she noticed their attire. "And dressed like that?"

"Oh this. We wanted to be comfortable tonight." Lain brushed off.

"Well in any case, I've been meaning to talk to you about—you know—what happened. I wanted to apologize for going off at you the way I did. I guess I just started to freak out when I thought Natalia meant something by her post."

"Mom it's okay seriously, don't-don't mention it." She meant with full sincerity.

"Still I feel bad. How about I get you and your friends some dessert?" She offered before scanning a left behind menu at their table for something that would be large enough for the four of them.

"No mom. It's alright, you don't have to get us anything. We were just leaving anyways, so if you excuse us." Lain tried to get out of the booth but her mother stopped her in her tracks.

"But you haven't even introduced me to your new friends yet." She wiggled her eyebrows as if waiting for good news.

As both women blushed the men just sat back watching the scene unfold not knowing whether or not to speak up. "It's not like that mom. Now please Nina and I really have to be getting home."

"Ah. So your still living with my daughter?" Lain's mother, Emma, turned to tell Nina disappointedly. "How much longer before you consider moving into your boyfriends place?" She asked gesturing towards James who had a cocky smile plastered on his face.

"He isn't my boyfriend Mrs. Meridian. This was just a one time dinner event." She said before attempting to leave but yet again Emma blocked her escape route.

"So you're still single and living out of my daughters gift."

Sighing Nina tried to keep her head clear from the growing pain that is her mother in law. "Something like that."

"Well neither of you are getting any younger here. And the sooner you find yourself a man, the sooner you can move out and my daughter can get her own life together. One where she's not having to worry about someone living in her home."

"Mom!" Lain stopped her. "That's enough. I don't have an issue living with Nina. She's one of the best roommates I've ever had."

While the dinner seemed enjoyable to them, the brothers were ready to hit the road. After all they had a long drive back to their 'home'. Being in the city always took a toll on them. They were ready to be back in their own space without any unwanted distractions.

Excusing themselves from the table the men were able to convince Emma to allow the couple out of their seats in order for them to be released as well.

As they said their goodbyes, the couple were more than happy to see them leave. However, the older brother turned to look back at them one last time before he walked away. Smirking with the biggest smile on his face he was chuckling to himself like a child. Clearing his throat he had one final, memorable, goodbye to say.

"It's been great meeting you Lain. I hope you and your wife have a safe trip home." He smiled out through his crooked teeth before taking off with James. The men chuckled to themselves as they walked out of the restaurant leaving the couple with a panicked look on their faces as they stared back at the woman looking at them with blank glare.

"Bastard." Nina grumbled under her breathe. As she was about to consult her mother in law, the mocha woman opened her mouth to speak but was met with Emma's hand in her face. She groaned at the movement remembering the similar act Lain had given her.

"Did he just say what I think he did?" Emma asked Lain softly.

"Mom it's not what it looks like." Lain flared her hands in front of her in defense.

"Not what it looks like?!" She shouted grabbing the attention of the whole restaurant. As the brothers walked out not wanting to deal with this mess, the people surrounding them turned to silence as they watched the couple get hounded on. "Then please explain it to me Lain. Cause what it does look like, is that one of those guys who just left said to have a safe drive home...with your WIFE! The only other woman who's here is Nina!"

"Yeah but...but-" Lain's palms began to sweat as her nerves kicked in. From her peripheral vision, she could see Nina with her jaw dropped as she frantically shook her head.

As much as the woman wanted her wife to confess everything to her mother, she knew they had a plan for it.

And yet while that plan was apparent in Lain's mind at the time, there was still a small voice in the back of her head screaming at herself for allowing this to happen again. Allowing her mother, of all people, to yell at her like a child in front of an audience.

While Emma rambled on about nonsense, there was a moment where Lain's world froze. She could see the many eyes peering their way and the constant whispering happening. But in her time stop, she glanced down to where her phone lied on the table. And illuminated right on the front screen sat a picture.

Her girls were all together smiling with all their hearts as Nina proudly stood behind them.

Looking back up at her mother, she saw something. She saw the face of the warm woman who raised her to dream of success and happiness in life. And yet in her eyes she saw a darkness. Someone who critiqued and criticized every little movement she made.

And in a split second she clenched her teeth as she stomped her foot down onto the floor. "Mom!" She silenced the woman.

"Don't yell at me-"

"Would you listen for one damn minute!" She shouted back. "I don't care about what you think is best for me! I don't care about your expectations for me anymore! I'm not some kid who's incompetent in making her own decisions! I'm my own woman, mom! And I hate to break it to you but my wife and I need to get home." She said pushing past her mother and grabbing hold of Nina's hand.

Not caring about the horrendous dinner she was forced to go along with, she marched with Nina out towards the doors of the building. But like a lost dog, her mother followed behind.

Not wanting to continue making a scene in front of the entire restaurant, Lain kept walking all the way out to where her car was parked.

"Lain, don't walk away when I'm talking to you!" Emma waved a finger aimed at her daughter as she heatedly made it to their car as well.

"I don't have anything other than that to say to you!" She shouted.

"How long have you been hiding this from me?!" Emma's voice cracked as she nearly broke into tears right then and there.

"Who cares about how long I've kept this from you! At this rate, you should be able to see why I did!"

"How! Long!" Her mom demanded.

Rolling her eyes, Lain crossed her arms. "You really want to know mom, I've kept this from you for eleven years! Eleven years of my life living a lie for your fantasy!"

She watched as her mother's eyebrows furrowed. The woman's face began to burn red and the tear that dropped out of her eye sizzled as it hit the road underneath them.

Turning her glance ever so slightly, Emma saw Nina. Just standing back looking with big eyes as they argued. "You!" She marched towards the woman. "You're the one responsible for turning my daughter against me!" She shouted reaching her arms out as if to strangle the woman.

"Mom stop!" Lain shouted pulling her mother's arms away as Nina fought back against the older woman's attempt.

"You're the cause behind all of this!"

"I didn't do anything Emma." Nina defended. "I did nothing to Lain! The only thing I've ever done to your daughter is love her unconditionally! Something you should've been doing all along."

"How dare you-!" Emma threw herself away from Nina as she pushed Lain off her back. "I don't ever want to hear from you both again!" She stormed away.

Letting the tense evening of constant yelling and bickering sink in, Lain felt her heart drop down into her stomach.

Sighing as they came together, Nina opened her welcoming arms as her wife collapsed into them in tears. "Let's go home." She said helping her sobbing wife into the car before she took off herself.
———————————————————————————
Let me know what you think. Thanks Lexx signing off

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

605 11 25
Teal, a 23 year old P.O.W. and refugee was forced to live under extreme rules. Today's torture: a visits to the zoo with a group of verbally abusive...
454K 10.7K 37
Lucy leaves home in an attempt to escape an abusive situation. Two women take her in and care for her as their own.
9.7K 165 13
The following story depicts a Mommy Dominate/Little Girl relationship taking place between two consenting adults. If this genre does not appeal to yo...
506K 16.5K 52
After losing his mom, Charlie had been left to live with his abusive father for years. He felt completely alone, only finding comfort in his age regr...