My Life My Rules

By LexForLexxanie

After being taken from her home by loan sharks, Kaila finds herself in an unforeseen environment. After being... More

Chapter 1: Pay Attention
Chapter 2: Sold
Chapter 3: Journey Through the Dark
Chapter 4: Hello Floor
Chapter 5: Ice Breaker
Chapter 6: Brunch
Chapter 7: Worlds Apart
Chapter 8: Our Little Secret
Chapter 9: Red and Blue
Chapter 10: Outfit Change
Chapter 11: First Stop
Chapter 12: Game Time
Chapter 13: Strike
Chapter 14: Hidden Scars
Chapter 15: Inner Thoughts
Chapter 16: Clues
Chapter 17: Shocked
Chapter 18: Blind Buying
Chapter 19: Two Extra Pairs of Ears
Chapter 20: Corrections
Chapter 21: Goodies Galore
Chapter 22: Decisions
Chapter 23: Sudden Surprise
Chapter 24: Trial Run
Chapter 25: Wildfire
Chapter 26: Stuck
Chapter 27: Fastforwards
Chapter 29: Time for Departure
Chapter 30: Stay Back from the Fishies
Chapter 31: Mixed Emotions
Chapter 32: Easy Flow
Chapter 33: The Fault is Yours
Chapter 34: Clingy and Worried
Chapter 35: From Zero to a Hundred
Chapter 36: Triple Threat
Chapter 37: Strange Suspicion
Chapter 38: A Safe Place
Chapter 39: Explain Yourself
Chapter 40: The Wicked Witch
Chapter 41: The Monster in the Dark
Chapter 42: Distractions
Chapter 43: Car Troubles
Chapter 44: A New Friend
Chapter 45: Living on the Edge
Chapter 46: Urgent Wake Up Call
Chapter 47: Our Little Secret
Chapter 48: Play With Us
Chapter 49: Splitting Up
Chapter 50: A Simple Gesture
Chapter 51: Seperation
Chapter 52: Locked In
Chapter 53: Art Class
Chapter 54: Reuniting Family
Chapter 55: Hiding Away
Chapter 56: The Sound of Heartache
Chapter 57: The Return
Chapter 58: Line Troubles
Chapter 59: Disappearing Act
Chapter 60: Unwelcomed Guests
Chapter 61: Karma
Chapter 62: The Bargain
Chapter 63: You What
Chapter 64: Double Date
Chapter 65: Fight Outside
Chapter 66: Aftermath
Chapter 67: Everyone's Got Gloomy Days
Chapter 68: Presents
Chapter 69: Sunset
Chapter 70: Imperfect Reflection
Chapter 71: Distinct
Chapter 72: Mood Shifts
Chapter 73: Double Trouble
Chapter 74: Just A Dream
Chapter 75: The Trust We Hold
Chapter 76: Madame's Cafe
Chapter 77: Hourglass
Chapter 78: Bird Calling
Chapter 79: And Then There Were Three
Chapter 80: Turn of Trust
Chapter 81: Anchor
Chapter 82: Everlasting Effect
Chapter 83: Remember This
Chapter 84: Confused Bug
Chapter 85: Evening Preparations
Chapter 86: Sudden Awakening
Chapter 87: Reflection
Chapter 88: Journal Entries
Chapter 89: No Take Backs
Chapter 90: Cafe of Fun
Chapter 91: Apologic Gesture
Chapter 92: Voicemail
Chapter 93: A Festive Distraction
Chapter 94: Winter Wonderland
Chapter 95: Late Night Troubles
Chapter 96: Special Venue
Chapter 97: Inside Job
Chapter 98: Hot Cocoa
Chapter 99: Poker Face
Chapter 100: Palace Event

Chapter 28: Incident

5.6K 198 9
By LexForLexxanie

"Wakey wakey" Lain cooed as she lifted Kaila off of the bed. She whined being interrupted from her slumber but the woman just set her on her hip as she began to pat her bottom.

Quieting down the girl, Lain carried her out to where Faye was happily playing once again with stuffed animals on the living room floor. Lauren had been sitting besides the girl just watching as she played. Luckily though she wasn't by herself.

Both Nina and Natalia were sitting besides them as they laughed and commented while Faye played. "Look mama look!" Faye held out her stuffed giraffe to the woman as she gave it a shake. "She's dancing!" Faye giggled.

"She is dancing!" Nina said proudly. "Don't you think so Lauren?" She asked trying to keep her involved with her little girl.

She curled up in Nina's lap as she nodded against her chest. "Do you want to try playing too Lauren?" Lain asked as she sat besides the other women with Kaila in her lap.

"Mommy look!" Faye giggled immediately holding her dancing giraffe for Lain to see.

"That's a very pretty dance she's got going on princess. Do you think you can share your stuffies with Kaila and Lauren?" She asked of her.

Faye looked tentatively between the girls trying to debate in her head whether or not she would allow the girls who had ruined her fun earlier to use her favorite toys. For a moment she was about to nod in agreement. Having playmates sounded like fun!

But that was before a darkening thought filled her head. Especially after she took a closer look at the new girls around her and noticing how both of them took up her mommy's laps. 

The women were cradling the new girls exactly like how they would hold her. Rocking them exactly like how they would for her. Loving them the exact same way they did for her! It wasn't fair! There was a sudden burst of green charging through her blood that made it boil.

She enjoyed playing when it was just her mama, Lauren, and Grammy but now seeing Kaila and Lain in the mix made her heart sink. There was no place for her in either woman's lap—at least none she wanted to be curled in.

While she loved Natalia's cuddles, the girl could only handle so much before she missed the motherly touch the women gave her. But now with Kaila and Lauren stealing all of it from them, there was nothing left.

"Faye?" Nina asked seeing Faye staring off into space as she was thinking.

Catching back up with reality she shook her head before grabbing all of the stuffed animals off the ground and running off into Natalia's room to play alone.

"Faye!" Nina yelled at her before she disappeared but the girl didn't listen. Instead she only picked up her pace as she tried her hardest not to drop any of her friends on the floor as she ran.

Both women stood with their respective girls and were about to charge off afterwards but Natalia stopped them. "Put Lauren and Kaila down. I'll watch them." She told the women. "I told you she's missed you both. This was bound to happen sooner or later. I'll watch the girls while you talk to her."

Placing the still tired girls on the couch Lauren whined reaching back out for Nina. "I know honey, I'll be right back okay. Look my moms gonna keep you company while I'm gone." She said as her mom got down on her knees between the girls.

Even Kaila protested as she grabbed ahold of Lain hand before she could get away, but the woman simply kissed the back of the girls soft hand before removing her grasp.

As women disappeared Natalia smiled. "Hello there." She said softly going to grab their hands. They only pulled away slightly before allowing the older woman to take hold of them. "We haven't properly been introduced yet, but I'm Natalia as you already know. I'm Nina's mother." Getting up to sit in between them she said gently, "if you girls ever need something or someone to talk to, I'm the one."

She hinted seeing the questions already building on their faces.

However, neither of them spoke. As expected. Deciding to take matters into her own hands Natalia looked between them. "Do you girls want to help me make cookies?" She offered.

They just sat frozen.

"Well..." she smacked her lips, "I'm going to get the ingredients out and if either of you decide to be my helper later I'll be happy to accept the help." She said before walking away.

She didn't even make it into the kitchen yet when she heard one set of footsteps trailing behind her. Turning around she saw Kaila looking down as she played with her fingers.

"Are you gonna be my big helper today?" Natalia asked as she held her hand out towards the girl.

Grabbing on Kaila got closer to the woman as she guided the girl into the kitchen with her. After helping Kaila wash her hands she whispered over to her, "think you can grab me the flour and butter?" She tasked the girl while she dug for the pans and bowls they would need.

After assembling everything Natalia looked down at Kaila cheering. "Good job sweet girl!" She praised. "You got it all! Now the fun part—the mixing." She chuckled softly as Kaila managed to giggle.

As laughter escaped the kitchen Lauren found her way towards them slowly. "Are you here to help us out?" Lauren nodded. "Well then don't just stand there. Come here and let me wash you're hands." The woman guided the girl towards the sink.

Assisting in the process Lauren blushed as Natalia practically did it for her. As the cool water ran through her hands Lauren's eyes caught sight of something directly besides the sink.

Sitting on a drying racket was nearly a dozen of pacifiers. Each with their own special pattern. One in particular caught the girls eyes. She hadn't seen it before. But sitting directly on the handle of the object sat a letter L, and besides that had two more similar designs except with an F and K on them.

"Do you want it? It's custom made just for you."Natalia asked even though she already knew the answer. Watching as Lauren cautiously reached out for it, the woman chuckled as she grabbed it and placed it in the girls mouth.

Happy enough to have gotten one just for her Lauren sucked on it while the woman carried the girl over to the mixing bowl that Kaila was tending to.

"Kaila?!" Natalia exclaimed as she approached. In the few seconds she was gone to help Lauren, Kaila managed to get half of the dry ingredients out of the bowl on either onto the floor or on herself. Either way there was going to be a huge mess to clean.

Giggling in guilt, Kaila blushed. "That's what I get for leaving such a silly girl to handle such a hard job." Natalia's statement made Kaila feel different. It wasn't something she could describe, but yet she liked it.

Hearing the nickname in addition to the context put Kaila's heart and mind at ease knowing she wasn't in trouble.

"Sorry." She mumbled.

"It's alright. Messes are bound to happen when we bake. But why don't we give Lauren a try?" She took the whisk away and passed it over making Kaila whimper. "We can all take turns mixing the batter."

While the three of them slowly engaged more in their baking session, the couple sat in their guest bedroom waiting for a timer to go off.

When it finally did Lain looked over to their girl standing with her nose to the corner. "Faye you can come out now." She instructed waiting as the sorry girl ran back before collapsing in her mommy's lap.

Crying out a series of apologies Faye felt her body being lifted from the ground as she was laid out over top both women. "Faye do you know why mommy and I had to put you in a time out?" Nina asked her.

"Cause I was mean." She said upset with herself as she looked down.

"That's right. And what's something mommy and I expect you to do?"

"Share."

"Thats exactly it, so what made you think that running away with all your toys earlier was a good idea?"

She shrugged feeling more tears surfacing.

"You do know." Nina raised her eyebrow knowingly as she stared down at Faye.

Without needing to look up Faye could feel the woman's glare. "Cause you're gonna forget about me." She let a tear slip through as the women cuddled her close.

"Baby, mama I know that we haven't spent as much one on one time with you lately because of the girls, but that doesn't change anything." Lain comforted. "Mama and I still love you the same."

"Promise?"

"We promise. We're just busy trying to make sure Kaila and Lauren feel comfortable here." Lain responded. "Once their settled the three of us can all spend time together like the old days while Grammy watches them."

Silently cheering to herself Faye agreed already trying to plan what they were going to do.

"So how about we try this whole sharing thing again?" Nina asked with a smirk. "I can hear them doing something out there by all of their laughing, and I'm sure they'd love another set of hands."

Smiling Faye cheered as she was the one trying to yank the women off of Natalia's bed before running out of the door. Following the sound of joy the three of them entered the kitchen.

Seeing the aftermath of the girls baking event, Nina and Lain looked over angrily at Natalia as white powder covered their entire kitchen floor. "It's only some flour and sugar, it'll come off." She brushed them off while she cleaned up other parts of the kitchen.

"Where's the girls?" Nina asked.

"Their upstairs getting cleaned. I told them I'd call them back down when the cookies were ready."

"Hear that baby. Kaila an Lauren are upstairs, think you can keep them company while we help Grammy clean?" Lain looked proudly at Faye who nodded nervously.

"Chin up darling. You got this." Nina encouraged making the girl laugh as she walked off.

Crossing their fingers the women hoped their small speech had an effect on her behavior and attitude with the new girls. Meanwhile, they turned back to Natalia who chuckled nervously as she continued to clean.
———————————————————————————
Let me know what you think. Thanks Lexx signing off

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

348K 10.2K 50
When a stubborn and intolerant, werewolf gets classified as a little puppy, her whole life changes as she is fetched by a Vampire. Starting date:12...
605 11 25
Teal, a 23 year old P.O.W. and refugee was forced to live under extreme rules. Today's torture: a visits to the zoo with a group of verbally abusive...
112K 2.1K 189
⚠️DONT ADD TO AGEPLAY READING LISTS⚠️ BxB age regression story! Angst, Fluff, A little smut (only when not regressed) We'll see how this goes Trying...
506K 16.5K 52
After losing his mom, Charlie had been left to live with his abusive father for years. He felt completely alone, only finding comfort in his age regr...