My Life My Rules

By LexForLexxanie

After being taken from her home by loan sharks, Kaila finds herself in an unforeseen environment. After being... More

Chapter 1: Pay Attention
Chapter 2: Sold
Chapter 3: Journey Through the Dark
Chapter 4: Hello Floor
Chapter 5: Ice Breaker
Chapter 6: Brunch
Chapter 7: Worlds Apart
Chapter 8: Our Little Secret
Chapter 9: Red and Blue
Chapter 10: Outfit Change
Chapter 11: First Stop
Chapter 12: Game Time
Chapter 13: Strike
Chapter 14: Hidden Scars
Chapter 15: Inner Thoughts
Chapter 16: Clues
Chapter 17: Shocked
Chapter 18: Blind Buying
Chapter 19: Two Extra Pairs of Ears
Chapter 20: Corrections
Chapter 21: Goodies Galore
Chapter 22: Decisions
Chapter 24: Trial Run
Chapter 25: Wildfire
Chapter 26: Stuck
Chapter 27: Fastforwards
Chapter 28: Incident
Chapter 29: Time for Departure
Chapter 30: Stay Back from the Fishies
Chapter 31: Mixed Emotions
Chapter 32: Easy Flow
Chapter 33: The Fault is Yours
Chapter 34: Clingy and Worried
Chapter 35: From Zero to a Hundred
Chapter 36: Triple Threat
Chapter 37: Strange Suspicion
Chapter 38: A Safe Place
Chapter 39: Explain Yourself
Chapter 40: The Wicked Witch
Chapter 41: The Monster in the Dark
Chapter 42: Distractions
Chapter 43: Car Troubles
Chapter 44: A New Friend
Chapter 45: Living on the Edge
Chapter 46: Urgent Wake Up Call
Chapter 47: Our Little Secret
Chapter 48: Play With Us
Chapter 49: Splitting Up
Chapter 50: A Simple Gesture
Chapter 51: Seperation
Chapter 52: Locked In
Chapter 53: Art Class
Chapter 54: Reuniting Family
Chapter 55: Hiding Away
Chapter 56: The Sound of Heartache
Chapter 57: The Return
Chapter 58: Line Troubles
Chapter 59: Disappearing Act
Chapter 60: Unwelcomed Guests
Chapter 61: Karma
Chapter 62: The Bargain
Chapter 63: You What
Chapter 64: Double Date
Chapter 65: Fight Outside
Chapter 66: Aftermath
Chapter 67: Everyone's Got Gloomy Days
Chapter 68: Presents
Chapter 69: Sunset
Chapter 70: Imperfect Reflection
Chapter 71: Distinct
Chapter 72: Mood Shifts
Chapter 73: Double Trouble
Chapter 74: Just A Dream
Chapter 75: The Trust We Hold
Chapter 76: Madame's Cafe
Chapter 77: Hourglass
Chapter 78: Bird Calling
Chapter 79: And Then There Were Three
Chapter 80: Turn of Trust
Chapter 81: Anchor
Chapter 82: Everlasting Effect
Chapter 83: Remember This
Chapter 84: Confused Bug
Chapter 85: Evening Preparations
Chapter 86: Sudden Awakening
Chapter 87: Reflection
Chapter 88: Journal Entries
Chapter 89: No Take Backs
Chapter 90: Cafe of Fun
Chapter 91: Apologic Gesture
Chapter 92: Voicemail
Chapter 93: A Festive Distraction
Chapter 94: Winter Wonderland
Chapter 95: Late Night Troubles
Chapter 96: Special Venue
Chapter 97: Inside Job
Chapter 98: Hot Cocoa
Chapter 99: Poker Face
Chapter 100: Palace Event

Chapter 23: Sudden Surprise

5.3K 193 7
By LexForLexxanie

"The next time we go out for ice cream, remind me to take earmuffs." Nina laughed as she unlocked their house door letting the hyper girls zoom pass her into the house.

Giggling and laughing the two girls raced around the living room circling the couch while Nina rubbed her temples. "Babe I swear if I have to hear you complain one more time about the girls, I'm going to be the one needing headphones." Lain chuckled as she walked in.

Her wife gasped as she threw her hand to her chest.

"Oh don't be so surprised, I could go on and on about how loud your snoring is when we sleep but you don't hear me complaining now do you?" Lain teased. She smirked at her wife as she settled onto the living room couch watching happily as the girls ran by.

Still frozen in her wife's roast, Nina coughed trying to collect herself as she walked over.

Carefully maneuvering between the girls frantic movements, she joined her wife's side. They breathed deeply trying to relax but the constant laughter around them kept them on the edge of their seats. Last thing they wanted was for either girl to get in any pain from their fun.

But not wanting them to bottle up all their sugar energy, the women waited patiently for them to run off their ice creams. Eventually after a few minutes the girls slowed down slightly. It wasn't much longer after when the storm caught up with them.

Crashing down on the floor the girls were yawning and rubbing their eyes as night grew near. The women looked at one another smiling as the silence took over. Finally feeling their own energy coming back they were ready to tackle the night.

"Kaila. Lauren." Lain called making both girls tiredly turn their heads her direction. "Go get yourselves showered. It's getting late and I don't want you both to stay up late."

"We can sleep in our new beds?" Lauren yawned half asleep already as she groaned struggling to stand up.

Chuckling Nina stood up picking the girl up off the floor, while Kaila who was still just as tired managed to stand on her own. "We wouldn't have gotten you those bedsheets if you weren't going to use them." She reminded as she laughed.

Taking Kaila by the hand while carrying Lauren on her hip, Nina lead the girls upstairs while her wife stayed seated scrolling through her phone.

As her wife and girls left, Lain looked through the many pictures of Faye that Nina's mother had sent her. The girl looked happy and well, but Lain knew her girl better than that. Under her shining smile and glee-filled eyes her baby was longing to be home.

She could see the plead in her eyes that she wanted to be back in her own room with the women at her sides. Knowing her girl well, Lain knew that Faye enjoyed spending time with Nina's mother.

With the woman being aware of their situation, Faye was always welcomed and cared for graciously. There was never a moment of hesitation with her. She was the most open woman Lain had met and it was part of the reason she loved her for it. She was the most supportive person of her relationship with her wife as the woman even helped when it came time to planning their engagement party.

But seeing that her read receipt went through it wasn't much longer after when her mother-in-law started to call her phone. Cursing herself for constantly forgetting to turn that feature off, Lain turned up her energy as she pressed the green flashing button on her phone.

"Hey Natalia." She said happily into the phone.

"Lain how many times do I have to tell you, call me mom. Natalia is so formal." She could hear the woman smiling through the screen.

Laughing Lain nodded even while she knew that the woman at the other end couldn't see. "Sorry mom, force of habit." She blamed.

"I know Lain. So how's my baby doing?"

"Nina's alright."

There was laughter over the phone before the woman finally breathed out. "I appreciate the news, but I was talking about you Lain. I know my girl. And I know she's doing just fine. She's always been independent on her own. It's you I'm always checking on."

"Oh..." Lain chuckled embarrassed. "I'm alright. Just a little more tired than normal since we've been trying hard to help Kaila and Lauren adjust to everything still."

"Speaking of the girls, you still haven't sent me a picture of them yet." Natalia reminded.

"Oh yeah." Lain instantly rushed to scroll through her recent pictures finding one of the girls scarfing down their ice creams and sending it off.

"Aw their precious looking!" The woman cooed as soon as the images downloaded on her end. "They're so small. Have you been feeding them enough?" She asked concerned.

"Yeah mom. Nina and I are trying to fix that."

"They're so innocent looking, where did you say you girls found them again?"

"Uh..." Lain paused. "Nina had an old friend look into some stuff for us. He's the one who helped us find them." She covered up easily after having already planned that story in her head.

"We'll make sure to thank him for me. Now I've got two new babies that I can spoil rotten!" She celebrated while Lain quietly chuckled nervously.

"Now you can't leave me just hanging here. There's still so much I don't know about them. How are they holding up? Can I come by to meet them yet?!" She asked excitedly.

Sighing Lain paused to think. "I...I don't know yet. They're still a little shy."

"Oh please, everyone's shy at first. All it takes is some interactions and they'll warm up to people. Plus, I want to meet my new grand babies soon!"

"Mom the girls aren't even in that place yet. Don't get your hopes up. It's only been about a week."

"Oh week, shmeek. I was just trying to get your approval since Faye and I are stopping by tomorrow anyways. So I'll be meeting them then."

"Wait?...What?!"

"You heard me right girl, don't make me repeat myself now. Faye misses her mommy's and I want to meet the new girls."

"Mom really that isn't the best idea. We haven't even gotten them settled yet-"

Lain tried to stop her but before she even had a chance to plead her case, the woman over the phone interrupted her.

"Im sorry Lain, I can hear Faye getting a little fussy. I'll talk to you later honey. I'm going to put her to bed now. We'll be seeing you all tomorrow." And with that the line ended leaving Lain flabbergasted. Her mouth was dangled wide open as she stared down intently at her black phone.

"Babe!" She shouted running up the steps. "Babe!" She repeated after getting no response.

"I'm in here babe!" She finally heard her wife shout out from the bathroom inside of their bedroom.

Ushering in, Lain barged in the room while her wife was busy showering. Hearing the panic in her voice and desperation to get air in her lungs, Nina poked her head out. "What's the matter?"

"You're mom called me earlier." Lain had to pause after only a few words as she spent more time breathing heavily.

The woman nodded following so far. "What'd she want?"

"She's coming over tomorrow!" She announced.

"What?!"

"And she's bringing Faye with her!"

"What?!" Nina shouted again nearly letting the soap on her hair drop into her eyes. "Why didn't you stop her?!" She asked rinsing the soap off of her face.

"I did try! But she was persistent!"

"The girls aren't ready to meet new people though! Let alone Faye! Or my mother!"

"Babe I know! I don't know what to do! You know we can't turn your mom down!"

Hitting her palm firmly against her forehead Nina sighed feeling her temples tensing up again. "Okay. Let's just take a second to breathe." She said mainly to help herself.

Feeling her sudden racing heart slowing down she looked at her wife who was in the middle of a breathing exercise. "Did she say anything about them being babies?" She asked.

"That's all she was talking about. She went on about how she was so excited to meet her new grand babies."

"They haven't even gotten to that point yet."

"That's exactly what I told her!" Lain shouted. "What're we suppose to do?!"

After both women spent a few seconds pondering for any ideas they could scrap up, nothing surfaced. "There's nothing we can do. We just got to tell them to prepare themselves tonight and hope that tomorrow doesn't end horribly."

"Let's hope." Lain rubbed her head frustratedly. "Where are they anyways?"

"Lauren's showering and Kaila was in her room waiting last I checked."

Nodding Lain sighed longingly as she walked out resting in her room as she waited for her turn to shower.

And once she finally stepped into the steamy water she couldn't think of anything other than how she was going to explain their situation to the girls.
———————————————————————————
Let me know what you think. Thanks Lexx signing off

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 2.1K 189
⚠️DONT ADD TO AGEPLAY READING LISTS⚠️ BxB age regression story! Angst, Fluff, A little smut (only when not regressed) We'll see how this goes Trying...
58.8K 1.6K 29
Kai Ocean: 16 year old boy who's parents died when he was 11 due to their pack. An omega, which means he is seen as nothing but a slave. Gay and his...
30.9K 795 22
At the age of 23, all what Camille wanted in her life was someone who would take care of her like she wished to be treated ever since she realized sh...
914K 28.2K 103
Finally, it was the first day of Kaila's senior year at Salvia High. Under the right circumstances she would have seen today as exciting. But these w...