My Life My Rules

By LexForLexxanie

After being taken from her home by loan sharks, Kaila finds herself in an unforeseen environment. After being... More

Chapter 1: Pay Attention
Chapter 2: Sold
Chapter 3: Journey Through the Dark
Chapter 4: Hello Floor
Chapter 5: Ice Breaker
Chapter 6: Brunch
Chapter 7: Worlds Apart
Chapter 8: Our Little Secret
Chapter 9: Red and Blue
Chapter 10: Outfit Change
Chapter 11: First Stop
Chapter 13: Strike
Chapter 14: Hidden Scars
Chapter 15: Inner Thoughts
Chapter 16: Clues
Chapter 17: Shocked
Chapter 18: Blind Buying
Chapter 19: Two Extra Pairs of Ears
Chapter 20: Corrections
Chapter 21: Goodies Galore
Chapter 22: Decisions
Chapter 23: Sudden Surprise
Chapter 24: Trial Run
Chapter 25: Wildfire
Chapter 26: Stuck
Chapter 27: Fastforwards
Chapter 28: Incident
Chapter 29: Time for Departure
Chapter 30: Stay Back from the Fishies
Chapter 31: Mixed Emotions
Chapter 32: Easy Flow
Chapter 33: The Fault is Yours
Chapter 34: Clingy and Worried
Chapter 35: From Zero to a Hundred
Chapter 36: Triple Threat
Chapter 37: Strange Suspicion
Chapter 38: A Safe Place
Chapter 39: Explain Yourself
Chapter 40: The Wicked Witch
Chapter 41: The Monster in the Dark
Chapter 42: Distractions
Chapter 43: Car Troubles
Chapter 44: A New Friend
Chapter 45: Living on the Edge
Chapter 46: Urgent Wake Up Call
Chapter 47: Our Little Secret
Chapter 48: Play With Us
Chapter 49: Splitting Up
Chapter 50: A Simple Gesture
Chapter 51: Seperation
Chapter 52: Locked In
Chapter 53: Art Class
Chapter 54: Reuniting Family
Chapter 55: Hiding Away
Chapter 56: The Sound of Heartache
Chapter 57: The Return
Chapter 58: Line Troubles
Chapter 59: Disappearing Act
Chapter 60: Unwelcomed Guests
Chapter 61: Karma
Chapter 62: The Bargain
Chapter 63: You What
Chapter 64: Double Date
Chapter 65: Fight Outside
Chapter 66: Aftermath
Chapter 67: Everyone's Got Gloomy Days
Chapter 68: Presents
Chapter 69: Sunset
Chapter 70: Imperfect Reflection
Chapter 71: Distinct
Chapter 72: Mood Shifts
Chapter 73: Double Trouble
Chapter 74: Just A Dream
Chapter 75: The Trust We Hold
Chapter 76: Madame's Cafe
Chapter 77: Hourglass
Chapter 78: Bird Calling
Chapter 79: And Then There Were Three
Chapter 80: Turn of Trust
Chapter 81: Anchor
Chapter 82: Everlasting Effect
Chapter 83: Remember This
Chapter 84: Confused Bug
Chapter 85: Evening Preparations
Chapter 86: Sudden Awakening
Chapter 87: Reflection
Chapter 88: Journal Entries
Chapter 89: No Take Backs
Chapter 90: Cafe of Fun
Chapter 91: Apologic Gesture
Chapter 92: Voicemail
Chapter 93: A Festive Distraction
Chapter 94: Winter Wonderland
Chapter 95: Late Night Troubles
Chapter 96: Special Venue
Chapter 97: Inside Job
Chapter 98: Hot Cocoa
Chapter 99: Poker Face
Chapter 100: Palace Event

Chapter 12: Game Time

6K 234 8
By LexForLexxanie

Passing by the new buildings around, the silence started creeping back into the car. It became apparent that all the tall city buildings were no longer in sight, the girls could tell they were getting further out of the city limits which worried them more.

They couldn't recall exactly where the facility they were trapped in was, but they knew it was out of the city.

Slowly they had stopped eating the delicious food in their laps as they felt their stomachs turning inside out with uncertainty. Catching a glimpse of them from the front seat, Lain finished taking a sip of her drink before clearing her throat.

She took it upon herself to start up another conversation with the girls before they would lose the little progress they were making. "So who's ready for game time?" She hummed as the two girls in the back avoided all eye contact with her.

"Babe you go first." Lain said as she looked towards the waiting woman in the drivers seat. "What's something you absolutely love?" She said with a hint of charm in her voice.

"What do I love?" The woman repeated back to herself as she gave herself time to ponder as she ate her food even slower than normal. It was painfully watching as she moved in slow motion. "My family." She finally replied.

Lain sighed as she laughed. "Took you long enough, I thought that one was going to be an easy one."

"It was easy babe, I was just finishing what was in my mouth." The woman sarcastically defended as she chuckled.

Lain turned around to look at both girls. "Who wants to go next?"

She was met with two completely frozen girls. With both pairs of eyes staring down at the car floor, Lain couldn't help but smirk at them. The outfits she had chosen from them fit each girl perfectly while giving them an adorable look.

"Come on girls it's not as bad as you think it is." Nina assured as she peaked at the sight from the rear view mirror.

Looking at one another the two girls in the back silently pleaded for the other to go first. But seeing as how neither of them were budging Lain picked for them. "Alright then Kaila I'll ask you first." She chose.

The girl in the hot seat looked like she was paused. The only thing moving was the way her eyes scanned the car cautiously.

"What's the strangest thing you've ever done?" She asked lightheartedly not wanting to go digging into anything personal quite yet.

"Um..." the girl said as she blinked slowly looking at the white shoes on her feet that the women had helped her put on.

The girl tried to think of an answer but nothing seemed to be coming to mind. She just felt herself getting hotter as she could feel all the other sets of eyes staring at her. She tried to scavenge through her brain for anything, but for every second that passed an avalanche of emotion washed over Kaila.

She didn't want to be in trouble for taking too long to answer, however, in fear of being punished for not answering she continued on with her constant thinking.

"Hey Kay just relax. Remember it's only a game. There's no right or wrong answer now, we just want to get to know you better." Lain told her as she closed her food tray and set in on the floor away from her.

Giving Kaila another minute or two to think about it, the small girl finally had her answer. Lifting her head up she locked eyes with Lain. "I...I used to hide in a pot." She admitted shyly before hiding behind her hair.

Immediately Nina laughed envisioning the picture of Kaila just chilling in a plant pot on an outside porch. "Why a pot?" She asked.

"C-cause my parents used to have a house in a bad neighborhood, and there was this girl who would bully me after school. She would chase me sometimes so I used to hide in our planter so she couldn't see me." She muttered embarrassed by the whole situation.

With the back completely quiet, from the front Kaila could hear the women gasp quietly. It was obvious they were trying not to make a sound because just as soon as the gasp came out it disappeared.

"Did you tell your parents about it." Nina asked watching as the girl nodded. "Did they do anything about it?" She added. But the little girl looked back down in her lap where her leftover food sat as she shook her head.

"Kaila," Lain said waiting until Kaila looked up at her, "as long as you're with us nothing like that will ever happen again." She promised as the girl just looked back down in disbelief.

With the car dead silent from that sudden turn of events everyone could hear Kaila's sniffles as she wiped her eyes with the back of her hand.

Letting her relax for a minute, Lain moved on to Lauren to try and help get all the attention off of her. "Lauren, it's your turn." She said as the other girl shook with anxiety.

She was fearful of what question she was going to get after witnessing what happened to Kaila. The fear of not having a decent answer or any answer at all frightened her.

Not wanting to pick anything too difficult for her Lain paused as she was thinking about what to ask. Eventually her wife took over seeing the difficulty she was having coming up with another question.

"What's something you're passionate about?" Nina asked as she finished eating her food.

The girl was still shaking but not nearly as much as her mind eased. She already knew her answer but all the attention on her made her hold back. Even though Kaila wasn't paying much attention to her, the two women in front were.

Her face was turning redder the longer she thought about it. "I...I uh...like to color." She said shyly.

"Coloring? I didn't take you for a coloring person Lauren." Lain laughed making the girl blush harder not knowing whether that was a good thing or not. "If you remind me when we're not in the car we can buy you some coloring supplies."

"Really?!" She glanced up at the woman with hope filled eyes and a large smile.

"Of course."

Looking through the rear view mirror Nina could see the contrast between the girls, while Lauren was now swaying herself in her seat as she continued eating, Kaila was still sniffling as she continued rubbing the back of her hand against her eyes.

Not wanting her to feel left out the woman spoke up. "What's something you'd want Kaila?"

"I want?" She whined pointing towards herself.

Looking ahead at the mocha woman as she nodded in confirmation Kaila's glassy eyes met hers. The woman wanted desperately to stop the car and hold the little girl in the back who was trying so hard to hold back her tears. She hoped this would make her feel better.

"Books?" She questioned.

"Books it is, Kaila. You can pick out as many as you'd like." The woman told her as her saddened face brightened up ever so slightly. "That is under one condition." Nina said making the girls lip wobble as she waited to hear the terms.

"Eat the rest of your food and you can have all the books you want, like Lauren is." She said easing the girls mind.

Nodding as she sniffled away her final tear the little girl had joined the other in finishing her food. As the women smiled at them from the front, they sighed.

Thinking it was going to be an uneventful rest of the ride Lain had leaned back in her seat ready to rest. That was until she felt her wife's hand on hers. "Don't think you're getting off that easy babe." She winked. "You still haven't gone."

Rolling her eyes playfully at her the woman sat up. "Alright, what's the question?"

"What do you do for a living?" She smirked at her wife as Lain slapped Nina's hand away from hers in a laughing fit looking in disbelief. There was no doubt the woman already knew what her wife did, but it was the fact that she wanted both girls to know that made Lain embarrassed.

Waiting nervously for her response both girls sat quietly munching on their chicken pieces.

"I don't work." She said making Nina laugh. Hitting her wife's shoulder repeatedly Lain's face was flushed. "Because somebody said I didn't have to."

"Don't complain about it. We both knew you didn't want to work." Nina clapped back. "If I remember right you jumped on board with the idea the minute I told you that you had a choice to work or not."

Teasing one another back and forth the ride didn't seem so long after that. Timidly laughing to themselves the two girls enjoyed watching the woman 'argue.'
———————————————————————————
Let me know what you think. Thanks Lexx signing off

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

119K 4.4K 100
Who would've thought a kidnapper would fall into someone else clutches and be kidnapped themselves? Following the tragic taking of Lain and Kaila Col...
325K 6.2K 22
In a world a new, sub/dom is the new normal. When you turn 17 you get categorized as a sub/dom. And in these two groups you get put into a category...
9.8K 322 11
In the year 4896... Life is hard, but for Sophie, it has been a nightmare. Growing up in a place where she is considered a mere inconvenience due to...
616K 9K 25
A 17 year old named Miranda , works at a low paying restaurant as a waitress, she gets abused by her step mother and father as if they think what she...