A PLUS /h.s./

By storybookdream

"Hello everyone. My name is Mr. Styles, and I'm your new Precalculus teacher." More

A+ (a Harry Styles Fan Fiction)
About
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Epilogue
Turn Back Time

Chapter 57

9.7K 261 44
By storybookdream

Here's a somewhat happy chapter for you all without a cliffhanger so yay. Hope you like itttt :)

------------

Harry was discharged from the hospital later that night, and we left, hand in hand. Mikey and Ana came in my Hummer about an hour and a half ago, and since Harry’s car was kind of wrecked, I’d be driving him to his house.

The other guy involved in the crash is in critical condition, and they’re not sure if he’s going to make it or not yet. I prayed that he would, because even though I wasn’t the one behind the wheel, I felt absolutely terrible for the other family who was waiting for the verdict on his life. It also killed me to see how much it was affecting Harry. You could tell he felt horribly guilty, but can you blame him? He may be the reason another man might die. We tried to ignore it though, until we knew 100% that the guy wouldn’t make it. There’s no use worrying about something that may not even need worrying about.

His hand hasn’t left mine very much since we began holding them when I first arrived, and I wasn’t complaining. I enjoyed it quite a bit, actually. 

He sat in the front seat as I drove Mikey and Ana home, dropping them off with a friendly goodbye before we made our way to Scottie’s house to drop him off as well. He left the car with a dramatic farewell, and a quick “be safe, lovebirds!” comment, which I think he meant in more ways than one.

I laughed, pulling out of his driveway to take Harry to his apartment, but he leaned over and turned my blinker off, and then turning it on to the opposite way.

“What are you doing?” I asked curiously, because I’d have to go left out of Scottie’s house in order to get to Harry’s, but he changed it so that we were going right. 

“Can we just go to your house?” He asked in a quiet voice, and a small smile gracing his beautiful, plump lips.

I nodded, returning a smile, before turning right to take us to my house. I have no idea why he’d wanna go to my house instead of his, but I didn’t mind.

Unless he’s hiding something. Nope, we’re not starting this, Miranda. He’s your boyfriend now, and you trust him. He’s not hiding anything. Like a girlfriend named Whitney, or the other brunette. Nope.

I bit my lip, trying to contain my insecurities so I didn’t ruin the small relationship that we just started. I’m acting like we’ve been dating this entire time, and we haven’t been. We were on a break (kind of), so whether he used that break to date other girls or not doesn’t concern me.

“Today didn’t turn out how I expected it to,” Harry chuckled from beside me and I laughed along.

“I know, your car crash was the biggest plot twist ever, I think,” I said, pulling into my driveway.

“I was just trying to find you,” he shrugged, and my eyes widened. That information was new.

“Find me? Why would that cause you to crash your car?” I asked him, alarmed. There is no way I was responsible for that accident.

“I was calling Scottie to find out where you were when it happened. My phone fell and I was leaning down to grab it and when I looked up I didn’t realize I was in the right lane until it was too late. And I crashed into another car,” he stated, sounding quite sad.

I digested this new information, feeling a million times guiltier than I did before. If I had just stayed at the graduation and waited for Harry to show up, rather than jumping to conclusions and running off, I could’ve prevented this entire thing. That guy’s life wouldn’t have been threatened, he wouldn’t be in the hospital in critical condition right now, Harry wouldn’t have been in the hospital for his minor injuries, and both of their cars would have been perfectly fine.

I tried pulling my hand out of Harry’s, but he wouldn’t allow it, only grabbing onto it tighter.

“It was all my fault,” I stated, the guilt washing over me like a tidal wave. 

“Fuck, Randi, I didn’t mean it like that. None of this shit was your fault. I was the one late to your graduation, I was the one looking for you, I was the one talking on the phone, and I was the driver of that vehicle. You had absolutely nothing to do with it,” he stated firmly but I still couldn’t help but feel the guilt. He was looking for me. He was talking on the phone in order to find me. It was my fault.

“All because of me, Harry! If I didn’t jump to fucking conclusions like I always do, you wouldn’t have had to look for me, because I would’ve been at graduation, waiting for you like I should have been!” I was raising my voice slightly, and I tried to lower it near the end so I didn’t sound psycho. 

“And I shouldn’t have been over thirty fucking minutes late to your graduation, Randi. Please don’t blame yourself, it was my fault,” he sighed, rubbing the top of my hand with his thumb soothingly.

“It was nobody’s fault,” I finally decided, because it wasn’t. Well, it was kind of Harry’s fault since he wasn’t paying attention and he ended up driving on the wrong side of the road but still, he didn’t need to hear that.

“It’s fucking mine, Randi! I should’ve been paying attention, if I was then a guy wouldn’t be possibly dying right now!” He yelled and my eyes widened, not expecting that outburst.

“I know, Harry, but you didn’t mean to. He’ll be okay, and everything will be fine,” I was the one rubbing his hand now, trying to comfort him.

“It’s not fine, because he has a family. If he dies, I’ll have to live with that for the rest of my life. His daughter won’t have a dad anymore, and his wife a husband. His parents won’t have a son, and his siblings would lose a brother. How could I ever forgive myself?” He used his free hand to rub at his face, squeezing my hand impossibly tight. We were now in my driveway, so I put my car into park and turned my body so that I was facing him. I grabbed his other hand, pulling it off of his face and holding both of his hands in mine.

“Listen to me. It’s not your fault. Everyone knows that you didn’t mean to do that, and we don’t know how he’s doing yet. He could be awake right now for all we know. Let’s just forget about it for tonight, and we can go visit the hospital in the morning to see how he’s doing, okay?” I said gently, moving my hand that was holding his to his face to cradle his cheek. He closed his eyes, nodding his head before gently lifting my hand off of his cheek.

“C’mon,” he nodded his head toward my house and got out of my car, his hands breaking away from mine for the first time in what felt like hours. It was short lived, because it returned to mine as soon as we were next to each other again. I struggled to unlock my door with only one hand, but successfully did it after a few tries. It was extremely dark inside my house, so I blindly walked into the kitchen, leading Harry with me and searching the wall for a light switch.

“I know it’s gotta be here somewhere,” I grumbled, my hands having yet to come in contact with the damn thing. “Ah, gotcha,” I stated triumphantly, flicking the switch up with my forefinger.

I turned to see Harry, the cute little bandaid on his forehead, where it hit the windshield. He’s lucky he didn’t turn out worse, just a few cuts and bruises.

“Are you hungry?” I asked him, because he’s been in the hospital for hours, and who knows when the last time he ate was.

“Starved,” he answered and I let go of his hand, gesturing for him to sit down at the bar stool. I then rummaged through my fridge, looking at everything it had to offer and trying to figure out what I could make him.

“Okay, would you rather have food that I can make in 5 minutes that may potentially be shitty, or an actual meal that could take me up to an hour?” I asked him, eyeing everything in the refrigerator and brainstorming ideas.

“A home cooked meal sounds perfect right now,” he practically groaned, and I nodded my head. 

I made up my mind and grabbed meat, ketchup, mustard, and other items that I needed to make meat loaf. I know meat loaf is like the general ‘disgusting’ meal that you don’t wanna eat when your a kid, but oh my God have you ever had meat loaf? It’s so good, I have no idea why anyone would ever think it’s gross. Hopefully Harry likes it.

I washed my hands, grabbing a bowl and putting the meat in it, before putting the other ingredients in with the meat. I mixed them together with my hands, before packing it into a pan to put in the oven. I turned the oven on, setting the meat loaf in there to cook.

I then grabbed carrots out of my fridge and potatoes out of my cupboard, cutting the carrots before putting them in a boiling pot on top of my stove. I did the same with the potatoes, and then sat next to Harry to wait for everything to cook.

“What are ya making?” He asked me with a childish grin on his face. I returned it, obviously, and replied, “Meatloaf, carrots, and potatoes,” with a proud grin on my face. 

“Sounds great,” he answered, leaning toward me, as close as he could without falling off the stool, before grabbing my cheek in his hand and pulling my face toward his until our lips met.

I heard him sigh in relief as our lips moved together, and I wanted to do the same. It has been way too long since we’ve kissed. Well, it’s only been a few hours, but I meant before that. We haven’t even talked in 3 months, let alone kissed, so to say I was deprived would have been an understatement.

“I missed you so much,” Harry mumbled into the kiss, grabbing my body and somehow lifting me from my stool to his, so I was now sitting in his lap with my legs wrapping around each side of him. I felt like I was going to fall off, but I knew Harry wouldn’t let me.

He broke away from the kiss, pulling me tighter into him so that his face was nuzzled into my neck as he hugged me. I was slightly out of breath from the kiss, but pulled him in impossibly close before whispering into his ear, “I missed you more.”

“Not this again,” he laughed, and I felt his teeth hit my neck as he smiled.

“I can’t believe we made it. We made it through the six months,” I pulled back, grinning at him. 

“Did you not have faith in us?” Harry asked, sounding mockingly appalled.

I giggled, “Of course I did. I just thought the day would never come,” I admitted to him.

“Me either. It felt like ages, but at the same time, time flew,” he stated, twirling my hair around his fingers.

I winced slightly as he accidentally tugged a piece of my hair harder than necessary, but excused it because I would take every single piece of my hair being ripped out of my head if that meant spending time with Harry.

My mind drifted back to the day at the beach, as well as what Whitney told me today, but I just pushed the thoughts back. I’m not starting this relationship off on a bad note. He doesn’t owe me an explanation.

“I absolutely love how you look in a suit,” I stated, playing with the tie that adorned his neck.

“I bought it especially for today,” he grinned proudly and I raised my eyebrows.

“Really? Why?” I asked him, because suits aren’t exactly cheap, and he could’ve gotten away with wearing something that he already owned.

“Because I wanted today to be special, and if that meant buying a new suit and tie, then so be it,” he leaned his head back into the crook of my neck, and I wrapped my arms around his waist, squeezing him into me.

“It sure was special,” I laughed, because honestly, I don’t think I’ll ever forget today, it was such an emotional roller coaster.

I began to smell the meat loaf, so I stumbled myself off of Harry’s lap, clumsily of course, and made my way over to the stove. I stabbed my fork into the carrots and potatoes to see if they were tender enough, and they were, so I took them out, draining them before buttering them and pouring a shit ton of salt and pepper on them. I then checked the meat loaf in the oven and it was almost done, it just needed a few more minutes.

“It’s almost done, we’re just waiting on the meatloaf,” I told Harry, leaning my body against the counter and crossing my arms.

“Mmkay,” he mumbled tiredly, laying his head down on the counter top. I was tired as well, not being able to sleep at all last night because I was so worried about today. I just wanted to finish our food and take it upstairs so we can eat it in my bed while watching disney movies. Even though he probably won’t be down for the whole disney movie thing but oh well, he can deal with it.

I took my phone out of my pocket, checking it for the first time since I read Harry’s missed call on there. Yet another thing to add to my guilt. If I had just answered the fucking phone when he called, I could have prevented all of this.

I had endless notifications from my mom and I furrowed my eyebrows, unlocking my phone and reading the texts.

“Congrats on graduating!!!” Was her first text, along with a graduation cap and clapping hands. Who knew she knew how to use emojis?

Her second text said, “Can u visit us in London soon pls? We need 2 talk 2 u.”

I assumed by ‘we’, she meant her and dad.

“Hello?” She sent after I didn’t answer the first two.

“Miranda, answer me. We can pay u $ in gas when u get here, just tell us when that’ll be.”

“Why aren’t u answering?”

“Call me when u read this.”

I think that was the most she’s contacted me in the last year. I sighed, locking my phone back up, not wanting to call her. I’ll do that tomorrow.

I checked the oven once again, and pulled the meatloaf out. I looked it over, sticking a fork inside to check and make sure all of the meat was cooked. It looked good enough to me, so I got two plates and loaded them up full of food for Harry and I. I went to the fridge, grabbing a Powerade for myself while getting a Coke for Harry, aka his favorite soda. Unless that’s changed in the last few months. 

“Thanks,” he grinned, taking the plate and coke from my grasp as I brought them over to him. I then grabbed mine, carrying them up the stairs as Harry followed me. When I got to my room, I set my food and drink down on my desk, skipping over to my movie shelf and immediately grabbing Cinderella. I quickly put it into my VHS player, so Harry wouldn’t be able to change my mind about watching a cartoon.

I grinned to myself as we both got comfy in my bed, covering ourselves in my poofy blanket and setting up my million pillows so we could sit up. I then grabbed my plate, setting it on my lap as well as laying my Powerade down by my arm. I grabbed the remote and fast forwarded through the previews.

“What’re we watching?” Harry mumbled through a mouthful of food, and I shrugged, trying to look indifferent.

“Disney?” He looked at me with his eyebrows raised as he saw the disney logo flash on the screen and I laughed.

“How can you not love Disney? They’re all good movies, and they make you happy,” I grinned, pressing play a little late, when Cinderella was in the middle of singing at the beginning.

“Cinderella? You couldn’t have picked a manly disney movie, like Aladdin, or the Lion King?” He scoffed, taking another bite of his food.

“Cinderella’s manly!” I argued, “Kinda,” I added on afterwards, because it isn’t really all that manly. Oh well, it’s good nonetheless.

“You’re lucky I love you,” he smirked at me, and I rolled my eyes.

“Eat your meatloaf, you sap,” he elbowed me as I said this, before taking another massive bite. Okay, maybe he really was starving.

“You know, you should be a chef or something. This is seriously delicious,” he stated, food flying out of his mouth as he spoke, hitting me in the cheek.

I wiped it off in disgust, before replying, “I can only make like three actual meals. I usually just eat fast food, cereal, and poptarts. Oh, and pizza rolls,” I grinned just thinking about them. I really love pizza rolls. “Now shhhh, it’s starting,” I stated, referring to the movie. 

“Shh, it’s starting,” he mocked me in a girly voice, before finishing his meal quietly.

I smiled because I missed this. Like a lot. 

Once both of our meals were finished, I set the plates on my desk, and snuggled right into Harry. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders, pulling me into him, as I wrapped my arm around his waist. 

I laid comfortably with him, watching one of my favorite movies, in my favorite spot in the world (Harry’s arms, if you couldn’t guess), and I couldn’t be any happier.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

681K 18.9K 61
Cover credit: @fruitloupz
19.4K 445 12
(Y/N), after getting fired from her last job at a radio station, didn't know what to do. After getting a new job as a First Class Spy for Boss Enter...
220K 4.6K 60
Will she get her Harry back?
404K 11K 43
a story of a man who becomes hopelessly in love with a woman that thinks his intentions are nothing but that. [A Dramatic Romance Alternate Universe...