Chapter 33

Writing this kind of depressed me lol. Let me know what you thinkkkk! Please comment & Follow :)

------------

"Girlfriend?" I repeated. "You're not serious."

He laughed, "I am, actually. You're going to be my girlfriend, and we're going to go on dates, and you're gonna forget all about Mr. Styles."

"But, I, Hunter, I have a friend that likes you, like a lot. I can't just go out with you when they're practically in love with you," I explained. I didn't want to throw Scottie under the bus, so I was being vague, but there was absolutely no way I could do that to him.

But Harry's job is on the line. Which is more important? Harry's job, or Scottie's friendship? I didn't really know the answer to that.

I contemplated a reply, and decided I could try and make a compromise.

"I'll be your girlfriend, but we can't tell anybody," I countered. It was a long shot, but I was crossing my fingers.

"No way! We're telling everybody," he chuckled and I rolled my eyes. I had to choose between Harry and Scottie, and I didn't know what to do. Either way, I'm going to feel absolutely terrible and neither choice is better than the other. I rubbed my forehead with my hands, feeling my headache intensify.

"Please, anything but that. My friend will never forgive me," I begged, but I don't think he'd care if my friend got mad at me or not. I mean, he was willing to blackmail me. He wouldn't come this far for nothing.

"Guess the choice is up to you. I mean, I'm perfectly okay with just giving these photos to the principal. This is my only offer, so take it or leave it," He said, sighing as if every second I stood here was taking away from other important things.

"You can't ask me to choose between somebody's job, and my friend's happiness," I stated, but I knew that he can, and he is.

Sure enough, he replied, "Yes I can."

"Can I have the night to think about it?" I asked, but I didn't really know what good that would do. Maybe I could think of a plan to fix all of this.

"I guess, but I expect your answer by tomorrow morning. If you agree to being my girlfriend, I'd like to make an entrance," he said and I looked at him like he was nuts. Maybe because he is.

"Alright. I'll text you," I sighed, getting ready to walk out of his room.

"Oh, and Randi?" He spoke up as I opened his door. I turned around, my hand on the doorknob, waiting for him to continue. "Don't tell anybody about this." He smiled and I rolled my eyes.

"Of course not," I muttered, walking out of his room and down the hallway and finally out the door. I drove home feeling quite numb. I didn't even know how I got home, because I don't remember even driving. All I can remember is thinking about how to get out of all of this.

What am I possibly going to do? I wanted to call Scottie and tell him about this, but Hunter's words replayed in my mind. "Don't tell anybody about this." If he found out I did, I know he'll turn those pictures in. But what if he didn't find out? I mean, maybe I could tell Scottie in a way that he won't even know I told him. But what if Scottie doesn't believe me, and brings it up to Hunter and then he knows that I told him?

I groaned, why, of all people, did it have to be Hunter? Couldn't it have been someone that my best friend didn't like?

I couldn't trust Cassidy with this anymore, as she helped him with it. I still don't understand what she'd get out of it.

When I finally got out of my car, I went straight into my house and straight into my bed, plugging my phone on the charger and just laying there, looking up at my ceiling and thinking.