A PLUS /h.s./

By storybookdream

"Hello everyone. My name is Mr. Styles, and I'm your new Precalculus teacher." More

A+ (a Harry Styles Fan Fiction)
About
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Epilogue
Turn Back Time

Chapter 16

17.2K 403 300
By storybookdream

Enjoyyy :) Sorry it's been so long! This is an extra long update to hopefully make up for it. Hope you're all good. Let me know what you think please, it motivates me to update more. Xx

 -------------------------------------

That week went by really fast, and so did the next, and not once did Mr. Styles, or Harry, so much as glance at me. I was really confused to be honest, because I didn’t even do anything. It literally went from joking in the hallway while he helped me with my homework, to him acting like I was just another student.

Which, I guess I was. It’s not like I’m special, but he never treated me like this before and I don’t understand it.

I’ve wanted to confront him multiple times during this week and last, but I couldn’t bring myself to do it. It’s not a simple thing to ask your teacher why they’ve been acting so distant, because he’s your damn teacher. So I just grin and bared it.

It’s not like it’s really effected me that much anyways, I mean yeah it sucks, but I barely know the guy so it’s not like I lost my other half. It just hurts a little bit, but not as much as those novels that you read make it sound. I’m not in love with him, though, so that may be a reason.

It was now the 4th week of school and I went into first period at the latest possible time everyday because I didn’t want to have to sit in his classroom for longer than I had to. Scottie and I normally just waited next to his door until the late bell rang, in which he’d leave for his class and I’d continue to wait until last second to go inside.

Normally, Mr. Styles stays in his classroom and sits at his desk until the bell rang but today was different.

I heard a phone ring and I looked around the practically deserted hallway, minus the few kids running to their next class so they’re not late, and couldn’t find the source.

That is until I realize it’s coming from inside Mr. Style’s class room. I have about a minute or two until I have to go into the classroom so I just continue to lean against the lockers that are right next to his open door, but I’m out of site to Mr. Styles and the rest of the students in the class room.

The ringing stopped and I heard a chair rolling before I heard a soft thud of footsteps coming toward the door. I sincerely prayed that it wasn’t Mr. Styles walking out but I had a gut feeling that it was.

I rolled my eyes at my luck and prepared myself to start walking to the bathroom but then the footsteps stopped.

“Hello?” I heard him say, and it took me a few minutes to realize he was talking on the phone.

“I’m at the school, babe, what do you need?” He said and my heart dropped at the word ‘babe’. that shouldn’t hurt this much, should it?

“Listen, I’ll come pick you up at 4, okay? And we can go do whatever you want. But I gotta go, class starts in roughly 30 seconds. Okay, love you too. Bye,” He said and I barely heard his footsteps walking back to his desk.

The bell rang and I couldn’t bring myself to care. My feet carried myself to the bathroom where I locked myself in a stall and laid my sweatshirt over the toilet seat before I sat down.

I sighed and rolled my eyes at myself, why does it even bother me? It’s not like we’re dating and he’s been ignoring me for two weeks. He’s probably talking to fucking Whitney. I bet you she’s really his girlfriend and he just fed me all of that bullshit.

And before you make assumptions, no I am not sitting in a bathroom stall crying over my teacher. I’m simply sitting in a bathroom stall so I don’t have to go to my dumbass teacher’s class today because I’m sure if I did, I’d be sending him some serious daggers. I’m not gonna let him get to me, we hung out like what, twice? And yeah, I have a crush on him but who cares? He’s avoided me for two weeks and he has a girlfriend so fuck him. I don’t need him. 

And why am I wasting an absence on him? No way, I’m not giving him the satisfaction. I’m gonna walk into that fucking classroom with my head held high and show him that I don’t care. I don’t give a fuck what he does or says, I’m done wasting my feelings on a teacher that obviously will never feel the same about me. D O N E.

* Harry (Mr. Style’s) POV *

“Hello?” I spoke to Madilyn on the phone, trying to keep my tone quiet so the rest of the class didn’t hear me on my phone. I walked closer to the door so I’d be out of earshot.

“Harry?” She asked me in a small voice, “Where are you?” She whined and I winced at her high pitched voice. 

“I’m at the school, babe, what do you need?” I asked her. I heard cartoons playing the background and loud chewing before she finally replied.

“Mommy said you were babysitting me today! I wanted you to take me to the park like you always do, the one with the curly slide?” She slightly begged me and I looked at my watch. It’s almost 7:30, do kids normally wake up this early?

“Listen, I’ll come pick you up at 4, okay? And we can go do whatever you want. But I gotta go, class starts in roughly 30 seconds,” I told her, hoping she’d listen for once and let me get back to class. 

“Yay! I’m gonna go pick out my outfit, I’ll see you soon Harry! I love you,” she told me sweetly and I smiled before replying, “Okay, love you too. Bye,” followed by hanging up the phone.

My sister, Gemma, had to attend some business shit in London tonight so I told her I’d watch Madilyn until she got back. Madi is almost 5 and she’s a lovely kid, really. I saw her all summer, but haven’t seen her once since school’s started. I’ve been way too busy grading all of these papers. Who knew being a teacher was this hard? I always thought they had it easy.

I walked back to my desk as the bell rang and my eyes immediately fell to the seat in the middle where I normally saw her. Except, I didn’t today, because the seat was empty. 

I felt kind of bad, as I’d been avoiding her all this week and some of last, but I wouldn’t if I didn’t have to. The fucking principal called me to his office. He received an anonymous tip that I’d been having personal relations with a student and I told him it wasn’t true. He obviously didn’t believe me, as I’m new and I’m young and all of the students seem to fancy me, or so he said. He said I could be on ‘probation’, one wrong look at a student and I could lose my job.

How wonderful would it look if I lost my first teaching job for having ‘personal relations with a student’? How would I ever find another job?

I don’t know who the fuck gave him an anonymous tip, and how the fuck they knew I was having personal relations with a student.

Even though I’m not, really. I wish I did, if we’re being honest here, but I’m not. I’ve barely gotten to hang out with Randi, hardly enough to even call it ‘personal relations’. So, whoever gave the principal that idea is stupid as fuck.

I turned to the class deciding that I wasn’t really in the mood to talk. All of that thinking put me in a bad mood. 

“Alright, I’ll make you guys a deal. We can watch a movie today and tomorrow if you promise to do the homework on pages 53-57 by Wednesday. You can either do it during the movie or at home, it doesn’t matter to me as long as it gets done. Cool?” I asked them and received a round of cheers.

I went to my desk and opened my desk drawer. Lucky for them, I had a few movies in here that I keep for me to watch at the detentions I’m in charge of.

Which reminds me, I need to find someone to cover for me today.

I pull out 3 movies, “Alright, let’s take a vote. We have Hunger Games, Hunger Games: Catching Fire, and Frozen,” I held them up before adding, “And don’t ask me why I have Frozen, it’s my niece’s movie,” I say, which is true. I just left out the part where she made me watch it, which is the reason I have it. I did watch it though, and I couldn’t really figure out what all of the hype was about it. I mean, yeah, it’s good. But not as amazing as everyone’s been claiming it was.

I wasn’t entirely sure if Hunger Games was even school appropriate, but screw it. It’s not a bad movie and these are highschoolers, I’m sure most of them have seen it anyways.

Catching Fire just came out on DVD last week, so almost everyone picked that movie and I put it into the projector as I tried figuring out how to work it.

I asked the class if they had any idea how to do it and nobody had a clue. I continued trying before I heard the door opened and I turned around to see Randi.

She smiled at me and I scrunched my eyes up, confused as to why she was smiling at me after I’ve practically ignored her all week.

“You’re late, Miss Groves,” I forced myself to speak. Everybody knows my late policy in this class is a detention, so I couldn’t not give her one, “I’m afraid you’ll be spending after school in detention.”

She rolled her eyes at this, “I could’ve just skipped the entire hour, but since I didn’t, I’m rewarded with a detention? How fair,” she said sarcastically.

It was difficult to not laugh at that, as the rest of the class clearly did.

“You know the rules, you shouldn’t of showed up then,” I stated, trying not to be too harsh on her while also trying to treat her like I would a normal student.

“Would I still get a detention if I left and pretended I was absent?” She asked, causing a few snickers to ripple around the room. Is it bad that I love her attitude?

“Yes, you would,” I say as she sits down and drops her bag on the ground next to her. From the corner of my eye, I can see her and Cassidy whispering. I wonder what they’re talking about.

I went back to the matter at hand and tried get the damn movie to work before someone spoke up.

“You have to press the button on the side and take the cover off of the projector,” I heard her say. I looked to the left of the machine and saw the button she was talking about. I pressed it and proceeded to take the cover off of the projector, and voila. You saw the main menu of the DVD on the screen.

“Thank you, Miss Groves, but you still have detention,” I smiled, trying to lighten the mood in the classroom. I didn’t want her to be pissed at me, she has to understand that I have a job to do and I can’t just excuse her for being late, especially in front of the entire class.

“I know,” she huffed and then the class got quiet as the movie started.

I sat in my chair and watched bits and pieces of the movie, but got bored since I literally watched this movie the other day.

I started looking around the room and my eyes couldn’t help but skip the rest of the students to look at Randi.

She had her elbow resting on the table, and her chin on her hand. She looked like she was ready to fall asleep, you could tell by the way her eyes kept drooping shut only to be forced open again. She didn’t really do much with her hair today, just pulled it back into a high ponytail but she made it look good. Great, actually. I didn’t see an ounce of make up on her either. How is it possible for someone to look so good without even trying?

I realized I was probably staring at her for a good two minutes and that this definitely was not good for the whole job situation. If the person who sent in the anonymous tip is in this class, I probably just got caught.

I worriedly glanced around the room at all of the students and they all seemed really into the movie, none of them were paying attention to me for which I was glad.

About halfway through the movie the bell rang and I said, “Alright, we’ll finish it tomorrow. Don’t forget about the homework guys! Miss Groves, come and get your detention slip,” I waved the red piece of paper in the air.

She rolled her eyes and grabbed it out of my hand before walking out the door. I tried not to stare at her, I really did, but she was wearing high waisted jeans that looked really good on her, and a crop top. How could you not check her out?

I shook myself out of it as she turned the corner. I plopped back down at my desk, waiting for the next class to come in.

* Miranda’s POV *

I snatched the detention slip out of Mr. Style’s hand and rolled my eyes before walking out of the room. I swear I felt his eyes burning my back on my way out, but I wasn’t gonna turn around to find out. 

During the hour, I decided that I’m not even gonna call him Harry anymore. He’s Mr. Styles to me from now on, I don’t give a fuck if he told me to call him Harry outside of school, that’s not happening. He’s my teacher, therefore I will call him Mr. Styles like normal students have to.

And what the fuck was that? It’s completely fine to act like I don’t exist until I’m 5 minutes late to his class and then I get a detention. So now I’m going to have to sit in a room, hopefully not alone, with Mr. Styles for an hour. Talk about awkward.

I didn’t talk much the rest of the day. I was too sad and angry to carry a normal conversation with someone.

Every single thought in my head had the word ‘fuck’ in it today.

‘I fucking hate this class’ ‘When’s fucking lunch’ ‘Fuck, I have a headache’ are just a few examples.

I mentally punched Whitney in the face a few times, as well. She’s so fucking annoying honestly, I don’t know how Mr. Styles can handle being around her for more than 5 minutes. I had to do it the night of the party when I drove her home and I considered crashing my car into something just to escape her whiny voice.

Why does my every thought go back to Mr. Styles, can’t I just stop thinking about it for 5 minutes? I groaned and realized after it was too late that it was out loud.

“What was that, Miranda?” Mrs. Bowling asked me, probably thinking that I groaned at something she said. 

“Sorry, I just realized that I, uh, forgot to feed my dog. He’s probably starving right now!” I said, in a fake worried voice. I hope she doesn’t know that I don’t have a dog.

“That’s unfortunate,” she said in a bored tone. Wow, thanks for the concern for my fake dog.

After that, I just tuned everyone out for the day. Part of me wanted to get the day over with so I can go to detention and go home, but the other part just wants time to freeze so I don’t have to face detention with Mr. Styles.

Okay, I’m going to attempt to stop thinking about Mr. Styles starting now.

I met Scottie and Cassidy and Chelsea at lunch and we sat at our usual booth. Cassidy has basically been taken in by my very small but very cool group of friends. I think Chelsea likes her more than she likes me, to be honest.

They do have similar personalities though, they both love to shop which is something I actually dislike. It’s like our group is divided into two; me and Scottie, and Chelsea and Cassidy. Scottie and I usually have our own conversation at lunch, and so do Cassidy and Chelsea.

The rest of the day flew by and before I knew it I was standing in front of the detention room, aka Mr. Hardenbrooke’s room. I sighed and went inside and sure enough, there was Mr. Styles at the desk. There was one other kid sitting in the back of the room with his hood up and headphones blaring in his ears.

He looks pleasant.

I sat down at a desk and laid my head down, trying to fall asleep so the hour went by fast.

I ended up dozing off a little bit before I heard talking and lifted my head up.

Mr. Styles was talking to Mrs. Hernandez, my Spanish teacher. I focused in on their conversation to listen to what they’re saying.

“…to stay here until 4:30 and you and them are free to go. I’m sorry for the short notice, I need to go pick up Madilyn…” I heard Mr. Styles say and I rolled my eyes before putting my head back down and droning out the rest of the conversation.

He can’t even fucking watch over the detention because he has to pick up Madilyn. Doesn’t school come first, what kind of teacher is he?

Wait, did I hear Madilyn? Not Whitney? He has another girlfriend? When did this happen? What a fucking player, I have never wanted anything more than to rip his fucking curls out of his head.

I sound really violent but I’m just really annoyed. Sorry. I promise I’m normally a really nice person.

I heard the door shut and when I looked up, Mr. Styles was gone and Mrs. Hernandez took his place at the desk.

Cool. I hope he has fun with Madilyn, whoever that is. And what kind of name is that? It sounds like she’s 6.

He should get fired if he’s ditching his duties for a girl. That’s not what you’re supposed to do when you’re a teacher, you’re supposed to put school first.

I need to cool down. Deep breaths, Miranda.

“Are you alright, Miranda?” Mrs. Hernandez says in her Spanish accent. 

I didn’t realize how loud I was breathing in this very quiet room. This is the second time today, I’m really out of it. Maybe I should start drinking coffee.

“Oh, yeah, sorry. I need to sneeze,” I covered. Wow, maybe I don’t need coffee. That was very clever, Miranda, pat on the back for you.

Okay, now I’m talking to myself.

The final half hour went by fast and I was so relieved to step out of the school and into my car.

I drove home and ate some leftover pizza from the weekend. I took it to the couch and turned on the TV, putting on Impractical Jokers which is some American show that I’ve never heard of before but thought it looked interesting.

I was practically choking on my pizza about 5 minutes into the show, it was so funny. 

I was halfway through the episode and laughing my ass off when there was a knock on the door. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

220K 4.6K 60
Will she get her Harry back?
892K 41.2K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
1.1M 37.5K 41
PLEASE READ THE 2018 VERSION ON MY PROFILE! NOT THIS ONE! "You know, it's not good to be out this late.❞ ❝I know.❞ PUBLISHED DECEMBER 2014 [The story...
283K 10.8K 40
'And, yeah, I let you use me from the day that we first met but I'm not done yet, falling for you...' _ mature content @teecaakes covers