A PLUS /h.s./

By storybookdream

"Hello everyone. My name is Mr. Styles, and I'm your new Precalculus teacher." More

A+ (a Harry Styles Fan Fiction)
About
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Epilogue
Turn Back Time

Chapter 8

19.3K 425 106
By storybookdream

Here's chapter 8 :) Enjoy! By the way, I know this story is based in England, but I'm from America so I have no idea how school is there, so just pretend it's the same there as it is here. Thanks :) Please vote & comment, I love reading your guys' reactions & reviews. They make me happy <3

---------------------------

We walked into the classroom and parted our ways, as she sat on the opposite side of the room from me. You were supposed to put the assignment in the basket next to the door as you walked in, but unfortunately I had to skip it. Mrs. Bowling seemed to have noticed as well.

"I certainly hope you're only walking past the basket so you can get the assignment out of that ridiculous purse of yours, Miss Groves," she said, and I had to refrain myself from rolling my eyes. I looked down at my bright green purse with studs on it and mentally scoffed. Ridiculous?

"Actually," I began, "I sort of left my homework at home today. I woke up late and completely forgot to grab it. It's finished though!" I lied straight through my teeth. "I'll bring it in tomorrow, I promise."

"Finished, is it?" She asked me, and I responded with a nod. "Okay, so give me a summary of what you had to do."

I inwardly flinched. "U-uh, um well, you see, I had to write an essay on.... Shakespeare?" I blindly guessed, having no idea what the hell the worksheet was on as I hadn't paid much attention in class yesterday, or given the worksheet much of a glance.

Mrs. Bowling only laughed, "Dentention, 3:30." She wrote my name on the little red slip as well as the time and what room I need to be in at that time. I grabbed the paper from her hand and turned around, making my way to my seat. So much for cutting me some slack.

I sat down at my desk and quietly paid attention today in class, not wanting to repeat all of this tomorrow. I glanced down to read my detention slip. Miranda Groves. 3:30 PM Room 104. Why did that room sound so familiar? It's one of my teacher's rooms, I think. It seems like I've seen it on my schedule.

Soon enough, the bell rang and Mrs. Bowling rolled out the whole, 'The bell does not dismiss you, I do' thing and we had to stay an extra two minutes while she explained the assignment that was due tomorrow. Another thing about this class, you get homework basically everyday.

I wasn't far off about yesterday's assignment, BTW. I said we had to write an essay on Shakespeare, but we actually had to read the beginning of one of his plays and reflect on it, meaning, we had to talk about what it means and how it makes us feel and all that jazz, as well as fill out a worksheet that asked questions about the play. Tonight we had to read a biography about Shakespeare and write about him. Fun.

She finally let us leave and I hurried out of the hallway, passing Mr. Styles on the way, who nodded at me and I smiled at him. I made my way to Science and since Mrs. Bowling released us late, and it was on the opposite side of the school, I was racing against time. I made it in the door and the bell rang as I just sat down at my seat. We just did a powerpoint in that class.

Spanish was next and Mrs. Hernandez passed out the notes for the section and then did a powerpoint, with the same exact notes that were written on our papers. I think I fell asleep during that class, because all of a sudden the bell rang and I opened my eyes, not remembering what we were supposed to learn about.

It was finally lunch, and I went into the lunch room to see that our booth was completely unoccupied. I must of got here early, as usually Chelsea or Scottie would be sitting down already, but it was empty. I slid in and waited for them to come.

Cassidy saw me and came to sit next to me and I smiled at her.

"Do you normally eat lunch alone?" She asked me, gesturing to the empty booth I was sitting in.

I laughed, hoping nobody really thought I was a loner just because I was alone for the first five minutes of lunch today.

"Nah," I laughed, "Chels and Scottie aren't here yet. I wonder why," I thought out loud. I looked around the cafeteria and then saw Scottie run in with Chelsea behind him.

He glanced at Cassidy, doing a double take, probably wondering why she was here, but then shook off the thought and looked at me.

"So everybody's talking about Mr. Hottie Pants going psycho today, and word on the street is it was because of you. Care to explain?" He smirked at me, wiggling his eyebrows in the oh so famous Scottie way.

Cassidy began laughing really hard, clearly not used to Scottie and he looked at her, smiling that someone appreciated his personality around here.

Chelsea and I are just used to it, I guess.

"There's nothing to explain. You know Jeff Sanders? He was getting all pervy in class, hitting on me and touching me and stuff. Mr. Styles didn't like it, so he talked to him out in the hall then changed his seat. No big deal," I shrugged it off.

Chelsea rolled her eyes, seeming a bit annoyed, "Come on, Miranda. Stop with the 'I'm innocent' act, we all know you like Mr. Styles here, and we all know he likes you. Now, can we please have a conversation about him without you denying it."

I looked at her, taken aback. She just put her hands up in surrender and said, "Sorry, we were all thinking it. I didn't mean to come off as such a bitch though," she softly smiled but I was still annoyed with her.

"I'm not 'acting' anything," I replied, "I may have a tiny, little, microscopic crush on Mr. Styles but that's all, and that's all it will ever be. He doesn't like me, and nothing's going to come from it," I stated, hoping to drop the subject but luck was not on my side.

"Okay, Miranda, but he went ballistic over a guy hitting on you and touching you. Does that not sound like jealousy?" Scottie asked me, gently. Clearly noticing that Chelsea made me aggravated.

"Or, maybe he just doesn't want a guy to touch a girl when she clearly doesn't want to be touched? He has morals, that doesn't mean he's jealous," I told everyone in the booth.

Cassidy didn't make a sound during this entire conversation and it kind of scared me a bit, to be honest. What if I couldn't trust her and she ran and told everyone that I had a tiny crush on him, that would be so embarrassing.

Chelsea rolled her eyes again, and I sighed, not wanting to fight with my friends, "Ok guys, can we please stop talking about Mr. Styles. Whether he likes me or I like him, it doesn't matter because he's my TEACHER and nothing can come of that. And I don't want to fight with you guys over something this stupid."

Scottie grinned at me while Chels sent me a small smile, "I'm sorry. I'm overreacting, I know, I just.. For the past two days all we've talked about was Mr. Styles and how you don't like him and he doesn't like you and it can't happen blah blah blah. I just want to talk about other stuff now," she explained.

I was still kind of mad at the way she handled that, but I smiled and nodded at her nonetheless.

"Well, this is Cassidy," I said, just now remembering that they probably have no idea who she is and why she's sitting at our booth. "She sits next to me in Mr. Sty-" I looked at Chelsea, "You know who's class," I finished.

Chelsea burst out laughing, "You can say his name, dumbass. He's not Lord Voldemort."

Cassidy started laughing next and Scottie followed. I rolled my eyes but started giggling as well. I looked to my left to see Mr. Styles looking at me, smiling. My laughs trailed off and I faced Scottie again, who started talking to Cassidy.

"I'm Scottie. I'm gay, by the way, so don't be getting any ideas," he told her, wiggling his finger.

She laughed, "No worries, I figured," she said.

Scottie scoffed, acting like he was offended, but we all knew he wasn't. Well, I don't think Cassidy did, as she immediately apologized, "No, I didn't mean it like that, I'm sorry. I just meant-" Scottie cut her off, "I'm kidding! Damn, girl, I forgot what it was like to actually trick people. These two over here are too used to me by now, I can't get away with anything."

She started laughing and Chelsea did too, "I'm Chelsea," she smiled at Cassidy, and she returned the smile.

I kept silent for the rest of lunch, just observing the conversation around me. Chelsea and Scottie welcomed Cassidy into the group and that made me really happy. She fit right in. I found myself extremely proud of the friends I chose a few years back.

I grinned at them and they all noticed.

"What?" All three of them said in unison. Weird. They all looked at each other wide eyed before bursting out laughing and I joined them.

"Nothing, I just love you guys. So much," I said, sounding extremely sappy.

"Oh shut up, Miranda, don't get all emotional on us now," Scottie said, although a small smile graced his lips.

Chelsea also threw in her input, "Yeah, Mer, stop acting all mushy and shit. It's weird," she rolled her eyes but she still grinned at me.

The bell rang, disrupting our sentimental and bipolar lunch. I got up, throwing my trash away and thankfully not bumping into Mr. Styles today.

I went back to my group of friends and we all walked to my locker. I got a pencil and my notebook for Art and then we all parted ways, going to separate classes. I was not looking forward to sitting next to the evil, quiet girl, to be honest. I hope she opens up to me soon so I don't fail all of my assignments. Although, I'd probably fail anyways since I got my art skills from my dad, and let me tell ya, he couldn't draw a cat to save his life.

I walked in and sat down, the girl not even acknowledging me. I decided to try to start a conversation with her, after all, what could it hurt?

"Hey, how was your day?" I asked her. What a stupid question, but what other options did I have? 'Why are you so quiet?' 'Why do you hate the world?' Haha, no.

She looked at me and rolled her eyes before looking back toward the front of the room.

Well, okay then. That wasn't very nice.

Mrs. Callahan greeted the class, telling us all we would be learning how to draw buildings from a bird's eye view. She showed us a few examples from previous classes and began by drawing one of her very own on the whiteboard. It seemed easy enough to me, you just draw squares and then lines connecting it to the ground.

I somewhat paid attention, my mind drifting off since it was kind of really boring watching her draw.

But I got the gist of it, so when she handed out the blank pieces of paper, I didn't have too much trouble doing it. Wow, I thought, this is a lot easier then drawing faces. Especially Mrs. Grouch's face, over here.

Surprisingly, she turned to me, "How the fuck do you do this?" She asked me, pointing to my paper.

I looked at her, eyes wide. I didn't know if it was because her voice was so high pitched and shrilly, or because she actually talked.

When I sat there, eyes wide and mouth hung open, she rolled her eyes and said, "Forget it," and began erasing her entire drawing, which looked super terrible, and I say that in the nicest way possible, and trying to start over. I recovered quickly, grabbing her paper and putting it in the middle of our table.

"No, here, let me help you. Okay, so basically, you want to make it look like you're in a plane looking down. Have you ever been in a plane before?" I asked her and she nodded, "Okay, so the when you're up there and you see buildings, you can only see the tops of the building right? And not much of the sides? Well you do that by drawing what you see, so since most buildings are squares, just draw a square like this," I drew a square, "Then kind of make a triangle with the lines, like this," I demonstrated it on the paper, "So those are the sides that you do see. Then just draw windows, pools, or whatever else you'd find on a building. And if you want a triangular building, or whatever, just draw a triangle and do the same thing."

I handed her her paper back and she grabbed it, mumbling a small, "Thanks," before bending down and getting to work.

Near the end of the hour, most of the class had their pictures drawn and we had to color them tomorrow. I looked over at the girl's drawing next to me and then back at mine. Wow, I had to teach her how to do it yet it was still better than mine. I frowned.

The bell rang and I put my paper in my notebook, so it wouldn't get all bent and crinkled, and walked out of the class and into Child Development.

Nothing happened in that class, we literally talked all hour so that's cool.

Last hour is yearbook and we got to play around on the program that Mr. Hardenbrooke told us about yesterday. Although I didn't pay attention to anything he said yesterday, the program was surprisingly easy to use. It wasn't hard figuring out what to do and how to do it and we all had to make practice yearbook pages and a practice newspaper template.

We saved them into the public folder to be graded, and since I'm fairly good at anything computers, I got done really fast. I played around on the internet for a while, waiting for the rest of the class to finish. I was looking at makeup online when Mr. Hardenbrooke cleared his throat behind me.

I looked up at him, "Yes?" I asked him. He mustered up a dirty look on his face, "Looks like you're working hard. I take it you're yearbook page has something to do with makeup?"

"Um, no, actually. But I finished my newspaper and yearbook page, so I was just passing time," I shrugged, trying not to sound too snobby. But damn, what's up this guy's ass?

"Really? It's only been 15 minutes, and you're done?" He questioned, seemingly not believing me. I nodded, refraining from rolling my eyes. "Well, let's see it then," he said, gesturing to the computer.

I turned around in my chair, rolling my eyes when he couldn't see me. I opened up the program and opened my pages. He read all of them and then when he couldn't find anything wrong, he nodded his head and walked away.

Take that, I thought, and continued looking at makeup.

The bell rang and I was so relieved to go home, until I remembered that I had detention. Ugh. I walked to my locker to get my detention slip and then saw Scottie was waiting there. Shit! He rode to school with me and expects me to drive him home.

I smiled up at him sheepishly, "Scottie, I have detention," I said, wanting to break the news fast. He looked very alarmed, "Well, what do you expect me to do, wait here until it's over? My mum's at work! How am I gonna get home? Walk?" He questioned, sounding very annoyed. I didn't blame him.

I sighed, "Look, here, take my car keys and drive yourself home. Pick me up for school tomorrow, kay?" I got ready to hand him my keys but before he grabbed them, I pulled them back, "7:15." He grabbed at the keys, but I pulled away again, "Don't be late." He nodded and reached for the keys, but I pulled them out of reach again,"Be careful with my baby." He nodded his head, finally wrapping his fingers around my car keys and taking them out of my grasp.

He took off down the hallway, turning back to look at me before yelling, "Have fun in detention!" In a sing song voice. How thoughtful.

I rolled my eyes and unlocked my locker, grabbing the red piece of paper on the shelf. I looked at the room number again and then down at my schedule, seeing if it was on there since it looked so familiar. Sure enough, it was Mr. Hardenbrooke's room. Ugh, I have to spend a full hour of detention with him. I groaned, turning around and walking back to the room I just left. If I would have known, I could have just stayed in the room rather than doing all of this walking. I groaned again, realizing I'll have to walk home tonight. Unless someone in detention could give me a ride. Here's hoping that someone I know also forgot to do their English homework.

I walked into his room but stopped mid step. There, sitting at the desk, wasn't the short and plump old man known as Mr. Hardenbrooke. It was quite the opposite, actually. A tall and lanky man, with chestnut brown curls and that smirk with those irresistible dimples and the cute butt. Okay, I'll stop now, but seriously, have you seen that ass? Apparently, Mr. Styles was watching over the detention kids today. And when I say kids, I mean me, since I'm 3 minutes late to detention and there isn't anybody else in the room. Unless there are other late kids, however that's very doubtful. Well, this will be eventful.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 42.7K 69
The world is in war again, military bases being the only safe haven for the population in the affected areas. Danger, lies, and secrets lurk between...
681K 33.7K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...
700K 20.9K 15
The story of a ten hour flight in which Frances finds herself trapped next to the famous and obnoxious rock star Harry Styles. All rights reserved...
212K 4.2K 60
PREVIOUSLY NAMED "TENSION" ~Nothing is louder than the silence between two people who used to be so in love with each other~ • • • In her first year...