The Shy Girl Has a Gun

By makeandoffer

Faith Mitchell was never confident. She was happy to blend into the background, much to the protest of her fr... More

The Shy Girl Has a Gun.
The Shy Girl has a Gun...Chapter 2
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 3
The Shy Girl has a Gun...Chapter 4
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 5
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 6
The Shy Girl Has A Gun...Chapter 7
The Shy Girl Has A Gun...Chapter 8
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 9
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 10
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 11
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 12
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 13
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 14
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 15
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 16
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 17
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 18
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 19
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 20
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 21
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 22
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 23
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 24
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 25
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 26
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 27
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 28
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 29
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 30
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 31
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 32
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 33
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 34
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 35
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 36
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 37
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 38
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 39
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 40
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 41
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 42
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 43
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 44
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 45
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 46
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 47
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...EPILOGUE

The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 48 (THE END)

633K 19.7K 6.5K
By makeandoffer

A/N: I am so sorry this took so long to get out, but as ive explained i had a genuine excuse and im still using the 'tonsil operation' as an excuse to cut work and eat ice cream as lunch and dinner ;) 

But here it is guys, the last chapter!

I really hope i did it justice considerin you had to wait to long and i really want to thank ALL of you for reading this and voting and all your amazing comments that still put a smile to my face when i read them. i genuinly love you all for the support and without it i wouldnt want to write. Even when you had to wait a month for a chapter to come out you remained loyal to the story and that is why I LOVE YOU ALL PEOPLE!

Please let me know what you think, and thank you again for everything you amazing people!

---

I hated airports.

I mean they’re always so overcrowded that you’re practically tackling people out of the way just to get to the check in desk, there are never any seats in the waiting lounge because its full of selfish idiots who spread out on about 4 of them to catch up on ‘much needed sleep’ and don’t take into account others who would like to sit down. You’re always guaranteed to have little kids running around screaming ‘DISNEYLAND!’ and you have to hold yourself back from booting the annoying fuckers in the face.

Mostly I hated airports because for the last 3 years whenever I visited one, I would have to watch as people got off the planes and were greeted with open arms by their boyfriends, parents or friends. I would have to walk through the airport alone while everyone around me had someone to go back to when they got off the plane.

That’s never a nice feeling.

I took a deep breath as I walked past the girl who was hugging the crap out of who I’m guessing was her boyfriend, crying hysterically and telling him how much she missed him. I ignored her as best as I could not just because I was on my own and she clearly had someone there who loved her, but also because she looked a bit of a twat considering the scene she was making.

I’m not a big fan of public affection, especially when they resemble a scene from a cliché rom com.

Yeah I was on my own at the minute and a little bitter about it.

The drive to the airport from the church basement took about an hour and I was getting on the first plane to Australia to get the hell away from this town, this country and these bastards who want my head on a stick for killing Ed.

When I got my luggage checked in that was like a surreal experience.

It was one of the first glimpses of what my life will feel like now I am no longer an agent. It was strange going through airport security without the fear of getting caught with explosives on you or someone spotting the gun that was professionally hidden in your luggage.

It was the first time in a few years where I could just put my luggage onto the conveyer belt and watch it go away without fearing I would get tackled to the ground any minute by a security guard and having to sit in a police cell until Ed rang up and explained that I was not a terrorist but in fact someone attempting to protect you from terrorists. Knowing I wouldn’t have to wait hours to be let out because in the end I always would, that was one of the pro’s of being an agent.

One pro that I didn’t have any more because I was no longer an agent.

That thought alone put all other thoughts of having to face the crying loved up couple on my own to the back of my head and tattooed a smile on my face for a good 10 minutes.

Less than half an hour after checking in, I heard the voice echo around the waiting lounge telling people that flight 170 to Sydney Australia was ready for boarding.

I looked around the waiting lounge, rolling my eyes as I realised there was no one here for me to wait for to get on this plane. It was just me for now.

The queue to get on the plane slowly died down as each passenger handed their boarding pass and ticket over for the airline attendant at the desk to check over.

I finally reached the blonde woman who greeted me with a big smile, showing me her sparkling white teeth. She had a thick coat of foundation on her face and that teamed up with her fake eyelashes she looked like the typical Barbie air hostess. Her hair was tied to a side ponytail that was curled and as she took my boarding pass I noticed her perfectly manicured nails.

This young girl was stunning you could tell, but the amount of make up on her face made her look older than she actually was. She was trying so hard when in fact she didn’t need to.

I took my attention away from the girl as she looked over my boarding pass, scanning my eyes around the room to see if there was any sign of anyone. There wasn’t.

“Do you have your ticket?” the bimbo at the desk asked me, and I cursed under my breath as I realised it must be somewhere in my bag.

“Yeah, it’s probably at the bottom of this pit of hell, just give me a second.” I replied to her, lifting my bag onto the counter as I began to rummage through it. I heard the tutting begin behind me as the rest of the passengers were getting impatient. I stopped looking through my bag and turned to them “The plane is not going to leave without us, so there’s no need for you impatient fuckers to start tutting at me like you got something stuck in your teeth is there?”

The queue was silent.

I smiled sweetly at them before I turned back to my bag and continued my search.

“Definitely not her…” I heard the bimbo at the desk mutter under her breath.

I looked up at her with a confused expression on my face and noticed her eyes boring into me with a small smile on her lips.

“Excuse me?”

She suddenly realised I heard her “Oh sorry I was just thinking out loud.”

“Thinking out loud?” I repeated, indicating for her to explain more.

She let out a small embarrassed laugh as she began to explain “This is going to sound really stupid but for second I thought you were someone else. Then when I saw your pass I saw you had the same name as her as well so for a second I really thought it was you and that you’d gotten married or something and that’s why you had a different surname.”

She let out another laugh and casually brushed the subject off clearly thinking she just had a blonde moment.

She looked like the type to have a lot of those.

I cocked my head to the side a little as I took in her words, staring at the bimbo a little more intently.

“Who did you think I was?” I asked, pushing the subject because something about it was bugging me.

She looked a little taken back as I pressed the subject, clearly expecting me to just drop it and think nothing of it. Being the good little Barbie she was though, the pearly white smile was back on her lips as she answered me.

“Oh just this girl who I used to go to school with. I don’t even know why I remember her to be honest, she wasn’t exactly high up on the social ladder and barely said 4 words in public her entire high school life.” She laughed “That’s what made me realise it couldn’t be you because you clearly are not afraid to speak your mind…” She gestured her head towards the queue, referring to my little outburst a minute ago “…whereas this girl was basically invisible in high school. Wouldn’t say boo to a goose.”

I found my teeth clenching together as each word was hitting a little closer and closer to home. I continued to try and look past the paintball gun applied foundation on her face to see if there was any aspect of this girl that would make me recognise her. Her face was familiar, but to be honest I didn’t know if that’s because I knew her or because I have seen so many orange plastic bimbos that they are all starting to look the same.

I forced a smile to play along “If the girl really was invisible how come you can remember her to this day?”

She clearly had gotten past the fact that I was pushing the subject and had gone into the ‘gossip’ mode that many of her species, the orange whore, go into when provoked.

“The only reason I remember her is because of all the rumours that went around about her and my boyfriend. I was dating this guy back then, gorgeous by the way and he was totally mad for me, we were together for a while but there were all these rumours about her having an ‘affair’ with him behind my back.” She shook her head as she air quoted, making it sound like the most ridiculous thing she has ever heard in her life.

My eyes almost popped out of my skull as I suddenly realised who this girl was.

The name badge that I stupidly didn’t notice a second ago suddenly was screaming at me.

Gina.

Irony was clearly sitting somewhere watching this whole thing on the telly with a bowl of popcorn and a coke having a good old laugh at this right now.

I was away from my agent life and just as I am about to step onto the plane to take me far, far away from this forever, I meet the biggest bitch from my old life.

“I mean, I didn’t believe them for a second of course.” Her voice cut through my thoughts.

Clearly getting older has not meant this girl has matured. I mean, she was gossiping about me to someone she thought was a complete stranger in the middle of her shift.

Age really has had no impact on this girl.

I clenched my fist next to me, forgetting just how much this whore got under my skin. I suddenly wished I did have my pocket knife tucked away in my bra. That would have been fun.

“Why’s that?” I asked her with a big fake smile.

For a brief second she looked at me as if to say ‘do you really have to ask?’ but then she quickly covered it up with her bubbly fake persona.

“I mean, i don’t wanna toot my own horn here but back at school I was kinda’the queen bee.” She giggled like a school girl. My eyes snapped to the pen in her blazer pocket which I could use to gank her in at least 26 different ways. “This guy was in the football team, everyone knew that he wouldn’t risk losing the head cheerleader for a girl who wasn’t even on the map. I had nothing to worry about because the guy left her to be with me, he wouldn’t have gotten back with that loser any time soon I can tell you that.”

You know I said irony was sitting somewhere watching all of this on the telly?

Turns out, irony plays fair because what happened next was definitely in my favour.

“I’m not pushing in! We’re all going to get on the plane eventually so chill the fuck out!” I heard a voice from behind me and found a small smirk appear on my lips as I noticed Gina’s eyes also get drawn towards the guy who was currently pushing his way to the front of the queue. “Look I’m trying to get to my girlfriend, if you do not move the hell out of my way I will tell security you’re packing a grenade in that man bag…Yeah, That’s what I though.”

I shook my head in amusement as I realised he really did have to make a scene everywhere he went.

When he finally managed to reach the front of the queue, he was actually out of breath.

“Sorry about that, some people are so inconsiderate.” He shook his head before giving me one of his smirks and placing a small kiss on my lips.

“What the hell took so long, you said you needed to pee.” I stated, realising that he had been gone for over 20 minutes.

That familiar look was on his face. The look that made him look like a school boy who had been caught doing something he shouldn’t, but was secretly proud of it.

“I did need to pee, but when I came out I thought I’d pop into the duty free shop to get a copy of razzl-I mean a copy of The Times to read on the plane.” He quickly corrected himself, but unfortunately for him I knew him too well. The only magazines Jace reads need to have big pictures in them of naked girls to keep his interest for longer than 3 minutes.

Razzle had this, The Times however, did not.

“And where is this copy of The Times?” I questioned him, playing along.

“You see this is why I was late, I got so caught up reading it in the shop that I almost forgot we had a plane to catch.” He said fluently, attempting to pull the corner of his mouth down to stop from laughing.

I raised my brow, crossing my arms over my chest and cocking my head giving him a look that told him I wasn’t buying any of this bullshit.

He rolled his eyes and sighed “Okay, I found the toy section in the shop and spent the last 15 minutes attempting to do a rubix cube.”

I let out a laugh “Now that I believe.”

He flipped me off before he placed his arm over my shoulder and turned back to the desk attendant.

I almost forgot about her.

Her expression however had me almost buckled over the desk while trying to control my bladder from weeing all over the place.

Her eyes were wide and her red lipstick covered mouth was hanging open as she stared between me and Jace, obviously having seen the whole exchange and managing to piece the little pieces back together in her head.

That pearly white smile was gone I can tell you that for sure.

Jace didn’t even recognise her.

He was oblivious of the look she was giving us as well as he was too busy wrapped up in his own little world. Ever since he untied me from the chair in the church basement and I accepted the fact he was not letting me go, he was basically bouncing off the walls.

He had called me his ‘girlfriend’ 3 times alone to the check in lady when we got here.

“Oh yeah I got the tickets.” Jace remembered and he digs out the two tickets from the pocket of his hoodie and hands them to Gina, who doesn’t take them and just remains standing with her jaw touching the ground staring at Jace. Jace wrinkled his brows and leans back, looking at her like she was a little mentally challenged.

 After another couple of seconds of her not moving, he snaps his fingers in front of her face and she comes out of her shock. She takes the tickets, never taking her eyes off Jace and I. She glances at them for literally a second, clearly not checking anything properly as she was too busy staring at the both of us.

Clearly she was really good at her job. I could have handed her a coupon for Nandos and she still would have let me on the plane.

Jace takes the tickets from her, the expression on his face clearly showing he thinks she’s a few crumbs short of a cookie.

“Cheers love…” He says to her, and she still doesn’t reply “…seek help.”

I snort a laugh as I realise he still is unaware of who this girl is. The girl who in my opinion was so much better for Jace. The girl who I thought he would always want more than me.

The girl who he doesn’t even recognise when she’s wearing a name badge.

Jace turned to walk towards the door which led to the plane entrance. I stopped before we reached it, turning back to Gina who was still staring in awe at us. I walked up to the desk and placed my hands on it, leaning forward so our faces were inches apart.

“I don’t mean to toot my own horn here…” I repeated her own words back to her, a small smirk on my lips “But even though I wasn’t ‘on the map’ in high school, your boyfriend still wanted to be with me rather than you.”

 I went to push myself off the desk but stopped, leaning forward again and giving her my sweetest smile “Oh, and this loser had sex with your boyfriend in your bed while you were passed out drunk in the toilet during your end of term house party.“

I stood up straight, the smug smile still plastered on my lips as she continued to stare at me like she was seeing a ghost. In all fairness, she was.

I waved at her with a toothy smile “Toodles G.”

I turned my back to her, walking back over to Jace as he automatically wrapped his arm around my shoulder again giving me a curious look.

“What was that about?” He asked, not actual having heard any of the conversation.

I grinned at him “Something that will make me sleep with a smile on my face tonight.”

He gave me a small confused smile before we both began to walk down the corridor and towards the entrance of the plane.

“So you’re not going to tell me then?” He guesses.

I shake my head “It’s not important. Not anymore anyway.” As I said the words, I realised how true it was. Everything that happened was not important anymore.

Jace gave me the adorable boyish grin as we were about to approach the plane door and the air hostess that was waiting to greet us to the beginning of our new life.

“You’re fucking right on that one, all that’s important is the fact I finally got you back and believe me when I say I aint losing you again anytime soon.” I looked up and met his eyes, seeing how genuine he was and feeling actual butterflies in my stomach. Oh god, I was turning into one of those soppy romantic girls-

“Actually, another thing that’s important right now is that I get the window seat. Last time I went on holiday to Turkey, I threw up the whole journey. I thought I was going to lose a lung at one point.” Jace interrupted, grounding us both back to reality and sort viciously murdering any romance that was there before.

But I couldn’t help but laugh because this was the Jace I knew, the Jace that I loved and the one that I have always loved. I lost him once to go into a life that I hated, I spent every single day wishing that somehow I would be able to escape and return to a normal life.

I spent my days feeling alone and closing myself off from everything, making sure to turn myself into stone so that the guilt of the things I did would not destroy me. I hated being an agent and killing people daily.

But as I stepped foot onto the plane with my hand intertwined with Jace’s, I realised I finally found my escape. Realising that I was about to begin the life I always wanted and that I actually had a shot at being genuinely happy. Being normal.

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again…

It’s amazing how your life can change so suddenly.

.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

202K 4.8K 35
Nova West, a girl who's bad at making friends, decides to opt it off and become a loner. She's an insecure girl, although she's too guarded to admit...
649 158 22
Carry on living without parents is already hard for them. Angeline and Sarah have been living under a happy masks seeing the other's happiness. Mostl...
12.7K 1.3K 45
📖Featured by @adultfiction on "Kills and Thrills" reading list📖 Previously known as "Undercover: Fake Identity" *** "What are you running away from...
2K 102 33
Kandis Miller (18 yrs old) a strong and a very intelligent girl who knows to handle guns and protect herself in any situation,her parents used to be...