The Shy Girl Has a Gun

By makeandoffer

Faith Mitchell was never confident. She was happy to blend into the background, much to the protest of her fr... More

The Shy Girl Has a Gun.
The Shy Girl has a Gun...Chapter 2
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 3
The Shy Girl has a Gun...Chapter 4
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 5
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 6
The Shy Girl Has A Gun...Chapter 7
The Shy Girl Has A Gun...Chapter 8
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 9
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 10
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 11
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 12
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 13
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 14
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 15
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 16
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 17
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 18
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 19
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 20
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 21
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 22
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 23
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 24
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 25
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 26
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 27
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 28
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 29
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 30
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 31
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 32
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 33
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 34
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 35
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 36
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 37
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 38
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 39
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 40
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 41
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 42
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 43
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 44
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 45
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 46
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 48 (THE END)
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...EPILOGUE

The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 47

579K 17.6K 2.8K
By makeandoffer

My eyes began to flutter open, the bright light that was around me was making me squint as I regained consciousness.

When I finally managed to lift my head up and make the room stop spinning, everything came rushing back to me.

Saying goodbye to the guys and walking to the car, then getting jumped from behind and the chlorophorm knocking me out…

I was on a steel chair, my legs were tied to each chair leg and my hands were tied behind me. I struggled as hard as I could against the restraints but realised whoever did this made it so I had no hope in hell of getting out unless I had a handy little knife to cut me out.

“Shit!” I cured loudly after about 5 minutes of attempting to pry my hands free with no luck.

I breathed heavily, realising I was basically screwed. I knew that Ed’s associated would come after me, but I never anticipated it would be so early. I thought I had at least a couple of hours to get the hell on a plane and outta England.

I leaned my head back and closed my eyes, pissed off with myself for being so stupid and getting caught so easily. When I opened my eyes again, I realised something wasn’t right.

No, not the fact I was currently tied up, but of the current location I was being tied up in.

I was in a basement. Not just any basement, but a church basement.

How did I know this?

Because I had been in this basement before.

I looked at the corner of the dungy room, and sure enough there was the confession box to confirm that my suspicions were right.

This was the basement me and Jace hid out when we were getting chased by the dealers. This was the basement that we committed a very large sin and got freaky in the confession box.

I screwed by brows together in confusion as I realised this suddenly made no sense. Why the hell would the dealers take me here of all places?

“Did you like the sentimental thought behind the location I chose?” A voice suddenly broke my train of through as I looked at the stairs in front of me.

I saw the white and red high tops first, followed by some dark blue jeans and a red T-shirt that was tight around some broad shoulders, then when his grinning face finally came into view, I almost choked on air.

Jace Dixon.

He leaned back against the banister, crossing his arms casually over his chest and never losing the amused look on his face as he looked at me.

“Jace…” I trailed off, too shocked to process what was actually going on. Then, I got angry. "What the hell is going on and why the FUCK am I tied to a chair?!”

“Someone is wound a little tight…” He commented, trying to hold back laughter.

“Jace…” I warned through gritted teeth.

He chuckled “You’re tied to a chair because you’re a stubborn little idiot.”

I looked at him like he was a complete moron “You kidnapped me!”

He waved his hand dismissively “Oh well, it’s not like you haven’t been kidnapped before.”

I went to open my mouth to shout, but then realised how much like déjà vu this was turning out to be. 3 years ago Chris kidnapped me and brought me into this life, and just as I’m about to walk away from it the same thing happens.

Ironic huh?

“Where did you get the chloroform?” I suddenly wondered, realising chloroform was not something that Jace would be able to easily access. Hell, he probably didn’t even know what it did.

He suddenly looked really amused but I could tell he was trying to hide a smile.

“Let’s just say I have connections.”

My eyes narrowed “I’m going to murder Chris and Connor.”

His grin spread “They were just trying to help a brother out. I had to stop you from running off before I had a chance to speak to you, and I knew how hard headed you are so I figured the only way to do that was to knock you out cold first.”

I rolled my eyes at how romantic this was.

“When did you even speak to Connor and Chris?”

“Earlier when you went back to the house, I rang up and the guys explained the situation so they helped me get hold of some of that chloroform stuff. That shit’s good.”

“Wonderful stuff isn’t it?” I asked sarcastically.

“Got you here.” He replied cockily.

There was a silence around the room as we stared each other out, him looking arrogant as if he had one over on me just because he actually managed to kidnap me, and me staring daggers at him because he actually managed to kidnap me.

“So what now? “You’re going to take advantage of me while I’m helpless?” I ask bitterly, nodding my head towards the ties around my arms and legs.

The corner of his mouth tugged up “Don’t tempt me baby.”

I rolled my eyes “Untie me now.”

He shook his head “No can do sweetheart, we need to get a few things straight before I let you loose.”

“A few things straight?” I repeat in disbelief.

“Yep, like how you got another thing coming if you think your running off and leaving me here without so much as a goodbye.” Jace informs me.

I sigh “Look I know leaving without saying anything was a shitty thing for me to try and do, but I didn’t even think you wanted to look at me again after what happened with your dad.”

His jaw clenched at the mention of his father. After a few seconds of silence, he finally responds.

“What happened with my dad never made me want to not talk to you, I just had to be on my own to come to terms with the fact I just killed a man. Not only any man, but my father.”

“And you never would have had to do that if I didn’t bring you into this life.” I reply “This is exactly what I mean, being around me and my world has made you do things you never would have done if you just went on with your normal easy life.”

His face has no amusement in it anymore and his stare was hard “My life was not easy. Living with guilt for 3 years because you let someone walk away from you and thinking that’s what killed them is anything but easy Faith.”

I swallowed hard as his reply actually managed to shut me up.

“And let’s be honest, neither of us are exactly ‘normal’ so why the hell would we want normal lives?” He asks me, a hint of a smile on his lips as he actually managed to make one break out on mine.

“I’m sorry I was just going to leave.” I tell him, my tone softer as I do get where he is coming from “We can say our goodbyes now.”

“Oh no we won’t.” He shakes his head and chuckles dramatically as if what I just said was hilarious. “I don’t wanna say goodbye, that’s not why I drugged you and tied you up, I was just making a point.”

“Obviously.” I reply sarcastically as if what he just said made any sense at all.

“The reason I brought you here is cos I’m not letting you out of that chair until you get it into your thick skull that you’re not going anywhere without me.” He clears up.

I sigh in desperation as I realise it was this conversation  again.

“Jace-“

“No shut up. I know what you’re going to say. You want to protect me, you don’t want me to get dragged into this fucked up life of yours  blah blah blah. I’ve heard all of this coming out of your mouth before and still not one of those things sounds like a valid excuse.”

“Every single one is a valid excuse Jace.”

“No their not!” the loudness of his voice actually made me jump a little “Every single one of those is a bullshit excuse because as strong and as brave as you may act Faith, your still scared shitless because of how you feel about me.”

My mouth falls open slightly at his words, and as hard as I try to find words to say back to him I couldn’t find my voice.

He smiles as he looks at me clearly struggling to speak “See, you can’t even defend yourself and deny it.”

“I’m not scared.” My voice comes out quieter than I had hoped, letting me down completely.

“Yes you are. You come face to face with people who could quite easily kill you without a second thought every single day of your life and you never run away from that. I tell you I want to be with you and that I love you and you’re getting on the next plane out of the country.”

“I was getting on the next plane out because I sort of have every major firm boss out of to kill me right now, not because I can’t handle you saying 3 little words to me.” I snap at him.

“In that case then why were you going to make a run for it as soon as my back was turned?”

Again I had no reply, which caused another one of those smug smirks to appear on his face.

I clench my jaw, trying hard to push away the voice at the back of my head that was screaming he was right.

“Can you blame me?” My voice finally breaks through as I realise the asshole has actually touched a nerve.  “As much as I love you Jace, and believe me I really do love you, what’s going to stop you from fucking me over like last time?” His stare again bored into me as he waits for me to carry on, as if to let me get it all out now “What’s to stop you from lying to me and killing me more than any of those other firm bosses ever would if they caught me? Because as much as I hate myself for it Jace, you’re the only person who has ever managed to hurt me like that, and that includes the time someone broke my kneecap with a baseball bat! You’re the only person who still could hurt me like that so why would I let myself be around you and just wait until the next moment another Gina catches your eye and you leave me?”

I stop and regain my breath realising i had not breathed once during my little speech.

“Are you done?” He asks. He pushes himself off the banister and walks towards me, crouching down so we were at eye level. He places his hand on my knee. “I know what it’s like to live without you Faith. To think that you were never coming back and knowing it was because of something I did to screw it up. Do you ever think in a million freaking years I would do anything to risk that again? I want to be with you, and only you. You’re the only thing in my life that I actually care about. I’m prepared to leave everything behind just so I can run away from some crazed killers for the next god knows how many years just so I can be with you. If I’m prepared to do all of that, why would I ever hurt you again?”

I could see the sincerity in his eyes as he locked them with mine. A small heart-warming smile spread on his lips.

“I love you and I am sorry for every fucked up thing I did to you. I know you want to be with me, so cut the crap and just come to terms with the fact you are not leaving this room, or that chair, until you give me a big smile and a nod whilst saying ‘Yes Jace, of course Jace’ in a cute little abeyant voice. Kapish?” the amusement in his face was infectious, and I actually found myself letting out a laugh.

“Did you really just say Kapish?” I ask through a laughy breath.

He grinned “And I’m not even shy to admit it.”

I cocked my head to the side as I stared into his eyes a little harder, debating with myself if all of this was really worth it. If I wanted to take this massive risk and let this boy come with me and possibly break me in the process. Was he really worth it or was I just going to run away and possibly live the rest of my life with this regret?

I felt his hand squeeze me knee gently breaking me out of my thoughts.

“I’m only untying you when you come to your senses Faith, so I’d hurry up and do just that before you get rope burn.” His thumb stroked my leg gently and the smile on his face made me think that any risk was worth taking if it meant I got to see it every day for the rest of my life.

My life was all about taking risks, and just because I was walking away from the agent life didn’t mean I should change completely. Ed has a point, I am the person I am today because of this life.

I returned his smile, realising I would rather risk everything that live my life with any more regrets.

 “Untie me you Moron.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9K 780 40
[completed] "What's wrong? What's wrong is that no matter how hard you try and convince me that I'm what you want, I can't believe you. I see the way...
649 158 22
Carry on living without parents is already hard for them. Angeline and Sarah have been living under a happy masks seeing the other's happiness. Mostl...
451K 20.3K 47
= a wattpad featured story (14102017) = After she was kidnapped to a foreign land, Devora Evans found herself rescued by a questionable team claiming...
225K 2.4K 6
Two and a half years ago, Clara Stone was offered a deal. Now, Seventeen year old Clara is working at the SSF (Special Secret Forces) as one of their...