The Shy Girl Has a Gun

By makeandoffer

Faith Mitchell was never confident. She was happy to blend into the background, much to the protest of her fr... More

The Shy Girl Has a Gun.
The Shy Girl has a Gun...Chapter 2
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 3
The Shy Girl has a Gun...Chapter 4
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 5
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 6
The Shy Girl Has A Gun...Chapter 7
The Shy Girl Has A Gun...Chapter 8
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 9
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 10
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 11
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 12
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 13
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 14
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 15
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 16
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 17
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 18
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 19
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 20
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 21
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 22
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 23
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 24
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 25
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 26
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 27
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 28
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 29
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 30
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 31
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 32
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 33
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 34
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 35
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 36
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 37
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 38
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 39
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 40
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 41
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 42
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 43
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 44
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 45
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 47
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 48 (THE END)
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...EPILOGUE

The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 46

590K 16.9K 6.5K
By makeandoffer

A/N: i said it was going to be a few days, and i am sorry for keeping you waiting for two weeks! only a few more chapters left guys!!

Btw the video at the side had me laughting for a good 10 minutes straight, shout out to lonely island the absolute legends! gotta love them, as you can tell i do as their songs are referenced quite a bit in my stories ;)

anyway, enjoy my loversss :)

==

I was prepared to be tackled to the ground before I even reached the driveway.

I knew I was in for hell when I got home and finally came face to face with Chris and Connor. I mean judging by the last phone call with them I knew that they were a little, shall we say, upset about me going behind their backs and killing Ed without any of their help.

I wouldn’t be surprised if I was greeted with a slap, or maybe even a 9 inch blade thrown at my face. I’ve known those boys a while and I know when they are angry, they are freaking scary. Letting something go is not really their strong point.

Which is why I was baffled when I finally got home and was greeted by no one, just silence.

I walked into the living room and threw my keys onto the coffee table, scanning the room with no luck of finding any other human life. I knew they were in because both the cars were still in the garage. I listened for any movement but everything was just quiet.

Too quiet.

“Guys?” I called out, turning to attempt to look through the rest of the house “Anybody home?”

Silence. Nothing.

I stood still, still straining my ears for any slight noise.

I genuinely almost shat my pants as I turned around, thinking I really was in the house alone, to see a pissed off looking Connor inches away from my face.

“Pika-fucking-boo.” He smiled bitterly, distracting me long enough to not realise there was someone behind me.

I was spun around so fast I didn’t have a chance of stopping it. Next thing I knew, I was over someone’s shoulder with my face almost in what I am guessing is Chris’s ass.

“Chris put me down now.” I ordered, rolling my eyes at their childish act.

What were they going to do lock me in a room and lecture me for going behind their backs?

“Oh sorry, is that you asking me something specifically? Sort of like when we asked you not to do anything without us.” Chris humours, the sarcasm dripping out of his mouth “Guess if you don’t follow our requests I don’t have to follow yours princess.”

Again I rolled my eyes, realising that we were now moving through the house. I could tell Connor was close by following us to wherever Chris was taking me.

“Look I’m sorry okay but what’s done is do-HOLY MOTHERFUCKING HELL!” My screams must have echoed throughout the town as Chris finally put me down and threw me in the bathtub.

Which was filled waist deep in ice.

Freezing, mind numbingly cold ice.

I gripped the sides of the tub, the shrieks escaping my mouths as the cold pierced through my body, the shock of it making me scream more than anything.

“ARE YOU TWO FREAKING CRAZY!” that was not a question.

I looked up and saw both of them stood over the tub, looking down at me with their arms crossed over their chests looking pretty pleased with themselves.

“Cold, is it?” Connor asked with a smirk to his face, clearly enjoying the sight in front of him.

I shot him a look that I wished could kill, because right now I wanted to rip his lungs out of his body.

“We figured that a nice cold bath would cool you down little Miss Hot Head.” Chris informed me “And I swear on everything that is holy, if you ever, and I mean EVER, go behind our backs like that again that bath will be filled with lava next time.”

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, the cold not being as bad as it first was now that I had a few seconds to get used to it. I realised that even though the assholes just threw me in a life size ice bucket, I really had no right to get angry at them.

I lied to them, if this was going to make them feel better then fair enough.

If it was one of them who had done what I did, I probably would have shot them.

Not anyplace serious obviously, maybe just in the leg or upper arm.

“I’m sorry.” I looked up at both of them again, genuinely meaning the apology this time “I shouldn’t have gone behind your backs, but it was just something I had to do.”

“Something that we all had to do.” Connor corrected “Putting yourself at risk like that with no back up was probably the most idiotic thing you have ever done, and that includes the time you put a cookie in the microwave because you wanted cookie dough.”

Chris snorted, quickly covering it up with a cough when Connor shot him a look that said this is no time for laughs.

“In my defence I genuinely did think the cookie was going to melt, I didn’t realise it would burn it.” I explained.

Connor furrowed his brows and looked at me like I was a moron “It’s not freaking ice cream you idiot, dough turns into cookie from the heat, you stick it in more heat it’s not guna’reverse the effect!”

“It works with chocolate!”

“THAT’S BECAUSE YOU DON’T COOK CHOC-“ Connor cut himself off abruptly, pinching the bridge of his nose as if to calm himself down “This is not about a freaking cookie, this is about you lying.”

I let out a breath as I realised Connor was not easing up quite yet. Using the edges of the tub, I pushed myself to my feet, the chill I was getting from the waist down was making Goosebumps appear on the rest of my body, but I ignored it.

“Jesus I know we’re two hot lads here Faith, but getting that wet over us is ridiculous.” Chris grinned, gesturing towards my jeans which were about 10 shades darker from being soaked through from the ice.

Connor tugged the side of his mouth down to stop himself from laughing, while I rolled my eyes and ignored the remark.

“Like I said, I am sorry. I am not sorry for doing what I did because if I had to do it all over again I would to make sure nothing happened to either of you, that was my number one priority in all of this.” I looked at both of them, realising that stood in this bathroom were probably the 3 most stubborn people in the country right now because there was no way I would change my opinion on this, and vice versa with them. “I am genuinely sorry I had to lie to you though.”

They were both silent as they took my words in, and like an old married couple they then turned their eyes to each other, having a silent conversation as if to see what the mutual decision was about my apology. I felt like I had just been caught being naughty by my freaking parents and was awaiting my outcome. I had to bite my tongue from asking if I was going to be grounded.

Chris gave Connor a small nod, before they both turned to me again, the same grave expressions on their face.

“We are prepared to forgive you.” Chris declares, and I had to stop myself from laughing as I got the parent image of them in my head. I started wondering who the mum would be outta the two. My money is on Chris.

“As I said before though Faith, if you EVER do anything like that again I will not hesitate to scar you permanently.” Connor informs me.

Yep, Connor is definitely the dad. The mum is usually the good cop outta the two.

“You are aware than you two look like a couple disciplining your child right now?” I asked, the corner of my mouth tugging up. I couldn’t help but say something, it just wasn’t in my nature not to.

They both furrowed their brows in confusion as they thought about my remark, then at the same time their eyes widened slightly as they must have realised my point because they took one step away from each other and I noticed both of them stand up straighter and make their shoulders wider as if to assert their male authority.

“We are not a couple!” Chris exclaimed, his voice going deeper to show just how ‘manly’ he really was “We are trained killers!”

“Trained killers who punish their friend by sticking them in a tub full of ice?” I asked bitterly.

They both grinned. Connor raised his hand “Yeah, that was my idea.”

I shook my head, not being able to help the laughter “Where did you get the ice from? Last time I checked we didn’t have the freaking iceberg that sunk the titanic in our freezer.”

Connor’s grin spread over his face “That’s the beauty of being a spy, you can make shit happen.”

Suddenly the grin disappeared off his face as he realised something. His mouth hung open slightly and I could see he was clearly stunned as he thought about something.

“Oh my god…” Connor trailed off, still unblinking “We’re not spies anymore.”

It took a few seconds for Chris to realise what Connor had just said, but then he too was mirroring his expression.

“Ed is dead, which means so is The Agency…” Connor carried on, piecing all of it together in his head as the reality of it hit him.

“Maybe they will get someone to take over The Agency?” Chris wondered “I mean I know its Ed’s firm but I’m sure one of his associates could easily take over the building and find a replacement.”

I shook my head, a small smile at my lips.

“There is no building so there is nothing to take over.” I inform them, enjoying the further widening of their eyes at my words. I looked at my watch “The building went up in flames around 4 minutes ago boys.”

I had already thought about what Chris had said. Fair enough Ed started the Agency, but I knew his greedy employees very well and they probably would attempt to take over the building and therefor have run over another firm, so I made sure a nice little bit of C4 guaranteed that the building would go boom, along with all the files inside which made the agency.

No building, No Boss, No Agency.

It’s a triple fucking win.

I smiled at them both “The Agency is officially dead.”

Both of them were speechless, but unfortunately not for long.

“So…We’ve got our lives back?” Chris’s voice was adorable right now, he genuinely sounded like he was about to punch the air.

“Not your old lives unfortunately, you can’t go back to that otherwise it really would be too complicated.” I explained “But your lives are yours again, you can do whatever you want. You can have normal lives and don’t have to come home covered in blood and guts every other night.”

Connor’s stare was boring into me “I noticed how you never said ‘we’ in that little explanation there.”

I gritted my teeth as I realise I had forgotten just how well Connor knew me.

I nodded my head “You two will have normal lives. I gotta leave tonight.”

Chris nodded his head “How long before we go?”

I closed my eyes and inhaled, not wanting to get into another argument but knowing it was unavoidable.

“You two are not going anywhere, I gotta go and pack a suitcase and get the hell out of England before they catch up with me.”

Chris’s face blazed over in fury in seconds “You are not leaving on your ow-“

“She has to.” To my utter shock, Connor interrupted Chris.

Chris looked at him like he was crazy.

“You’re agreeing with her?!”

Connor kept eye contact with me, and for some reason I felt so much better knowing that he understood. I could see it in his stare; he saw it from the logical point of view and knew this is what had to be done.

He turned to Chris “If we all leave we will be so easy to track we may as well just wait in the living room with cups of tea for them to drink before they shoot us down. Not only that, but if we all leave they are going to think that we all killed him, whereas if me and you stay here they won’t be suspicious because they will accuse the person who did a disappearing act.” He explained calmly “Faith has to go on her own, they will stop looking for her in a few years. They just have to do it for their front to show that they will not be pushed over. If she is not found in a few years they will just kill a randomer and say that its Faith. It’s not like Faiths body hasn’t been faked before.”

I could see Chris backing down and realising that everything Connor had just said is true. What was shocking about this is that Connor was the one who had been in the agency for the least amount of time, and on a normal situation he would be the least mature, but right now I had so much respect for the adult in him it was a little scary.

“So you agree that Faith will leave the country, while we stay here and never see her again?” Chris asked Connor, pointing at me like I wasn’t here.

Here goes the parenting thing again…

“Oh HELL no!” And the real Connor was back again. He turned to me with a smirk on his face “This is what is going to happen, and you butt in once girl and I will bitch slap you.” He cleared his throat, telling me he was about to start telling me his plan “You leave tonight on your own and we will stay here. Go and pack a suitcase, anything you might need and everything else just leave here. When you get to the airport you’re guna’get on the next flight to Australia, far enough from here that there is no hope they will find you. When you get to Australia you’re going to use the money in the offshore account Drake set up a few years ago to get a little place for you to stay, but make sure it’s got enough bedrooms for us because when all the heat dies down here, me and Chris will be on the next flight out to join you in the land of Steve Irwin’s.”

I was smiling before he even finished his sentence.

He looked at me with one brow raised, the smirk plastered on his face with a look that dared me to go against or moan about any part of his plan.

I didn’t disagree with one thing.

“I’ll even make sure the house is set up with every game console known to man for when you guys get there.” My words caused the grins on their faces to spread so wide they both looked like the Cheshire cat.

“For once Con, your plan doesn’t totally suck ball sack.” Chris declared, clearly impressed by Connor’s fast thinking.

“The only thing that sucks ball sack is you Christopher.” Connor replied without a hesitation, and I snorted a laugh, feeling the relief go through me as I realised that they were going to be with me. I thought I would have to leave them, but all I had to do was wait a while and then I could be back living in a house with my family.

“What the hell are you grinning about, you got packing to do.” Connor cut through my thoughts. He walked up to me and placed a hand on my lower back, using it to push me towards the door “Hurry your fine ass up.”

**

Half an hour later, I was packed and ready to go. Everything I needed was in a suitcase and a small over the shoulder bag. Anything I left behind could be replaced because believe me when I say, the offshore account Drake set up ‘for a rainy day’ had enough for my great grandchildren to live on for the rest of their lives, as well as Connor and Chris’s. And bear in mind those two are whores, they will probably have a small football team of children running around with the amount of sperm soldiers they let loose.

Well, it was time to cash in on that rainy day.

Drake sure as hell made sure we had a freaking colossal size umbrella to shelter us.

The goodbye with Chris and Connor was not emotional. We were all grinning because we all knew that this was not goodbye. I could be seeing them as early as the beginning of next year, I would miss them sure but I could bet the rainy day fund that the assholes would be annoying me again by next Christmas.

They went back into the house, going over their story for when Ed’s associated came knocking at the door asking questions. I pulled the handle out on my suitcase and began to wheel it to the car, putting it in the trunk and then closing it. As my hand we on the boot of the car, I began to think about the only thing that was making this moment not perfect.

Jace.

I didn’t know where he was, he had not turned up at the house. The only way I knew he was okay is because Chris told me he rang him while I was packing.

So he was fine, he just didn’t want to see me.

I couldn’t even blame him, I was waiting for it to happen. For him to finally realise that the type of baggage my life comes with is not worth him getting caught up in.

He had to kill his own father because of me, if I was him I would hate me.

I pulled the hoodie that I had kept for the last 3 years tighter around my body, hugging against it as I realised I was not going to see him again. The thought of it made my stomach drop.

I refused to cry however because I didn’t deserve him. I loved him more than anything else, and that’s why I was prepared to let him live his life and walk away.

Not to sound like a cheesy romance novel or anything, but I loved him so much I was prepared to let him go.

Ergh, did I really just say that?

I was in the middle of mentally throwing up at my own cheesiness when a cloth was pressed to my mouth and I felt a strong muscled arm wrap itself around my body to restrain me.

I instantly began struggling with the figure which had grabbed me from behind, my screams to alert Connor and Chris were muffled as the cloth pressed harder against my mouth.

That’s when I realised the cloth was covered in chloroform.

A minute later, I blacked out. 

.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

140K 3.7K 72
This story follows 5 siblings living with their aunt and uncle after being abandoned by their parents. Clueless about the real world around them and...
6.9K 780 40
[completed] "What's wrong? What's wrong is that no matter how hard you try and convince me that I'm what you want, I can't believe you. I see the way...
626 70 23
Let me introduce you to Amanda Blade, just your average not-so -friendly corporate assassin. She's loyal, free-lance and a whole lotta bad ass. Isol...
39 9 9
"Everyone has their own perspective,from their own camera" Keira Emberson is a 16 year old girl going thru some shit. Everyone thinks her life's pic...