Extinguisher (A Sequel to Fir...

Von faithhood11

Def. A person or thing that extinguishes. Being raised by wonderful parents, Ray and Leigh Landon, Alexa Land... Mehr

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103

Chapter 46

234 10 8
Von faithhood11

Chapter 46 Extinguisher

Alexa's POV

I woke up from continuous dreams of Noah, him running away. I dreamt that something bad had happened to him, that he got into trouble, and that I would never see him again. My heart was racing as I slipped out from under Cole's sleeping figure. Being the heavy sleeper he was, he groaned but didn't wake up. He just grabbed my pillow pulling it into his body to cuddle with. I smiled, pulling on my sweatpants and a hoodie, reaching for my phone on the nightstand.

3 new voicemails.

My heart raced all of them being from Lily.

"Hey Lex, I know you're probably asleep and I hate to call you in the middle of the night but...I'm not sure what to do. Noah, he drank so much and now he's really upset."

"Uh...He's calling out for you now. I don't know. His father and I don't know what to do. His room is trashed. Nick and I don't know what to do. I know you could calm him down."

"Lex, I hate to ask you this but...I know you could help me. I just...could you maybe come over? I hate to ask you this but I'm running out of options."

My heart pounded, hands shaking as I locked my phone, shoving it in my hoodie pocket as I grabbed my boots from my closet. After putting my shoes on, I pulled my hair into a messy bun tiptoeing into my bathroom to quickly wash my face and brush my teeth. I scribbled down a quick note for Cole, promising I would be back soon but more than likely, he'd sleep until I returned. I retrieved my purse from the top of my dresser and made my way downstairs.

"Where are you off to?" Ben asked, standing in the kitchen.

I hadn't realized he'd spent the night.

"None of your business. Don't you have your apartment still?"

"Yes." He said carefully, crossing his arms over his broad, muscular chest.

"Aaron wanted me to stay. He's going to go to work with me this morning."

"Oh...well have fun." I muttered, approaching the door before he stopped me.

"Where are you going, Lex?"

"I'm going to Noah's if you must know. He got really drunk and went home last night."

"So...Lily and Nick having an affair, huh?"

"Ben, I have to go." I sighed, wishing he would just let me leave without feeling the need to interrogate me for once.

"Fine, just...be careful."

"I will. You too. Be careful at work, okay?"

"You know I always am. Love you, sis."

I nodded.

"I love you too, Ben." I told him before positioning my bag on my shoulder and quickly scurrying out the door.

It was nine a.m. and I hoped that Noah wasn't still giving his parent's trouble. He'd probably be dealing with a hangover but I felt the need to step in, having missed all of Lily's calls throughout the night. Cole wouldn't like it. He wouldn't like me being gone, but I had to know. I had to know that Noah would be okay. I needed it.

Or maybe I just needed...him.

................................

I almost ran through the door, finding Nick and Lily in the kitchen, Lily in tears and Nick holding her while she cried. They pulled away from each other, looking almost relieved to see me. Lily placed her hand on her upper chest, sighing deeply as she attempted to compose herself.

"Lex...I'm so happy you're here."

"Is he still acting up?"

"Yeah...He's trashed his room. He won't come out or let us in. He hasn't slept all night. He's just in there trashing his room in between throwing up. I've tried to calm him down. Usually I can but..."

"I'll try." I nodded, wrapping my arms around her, giving her a tight hug but I really wanted to get upstairs, afraid of what I would find but ready to face it anyway.

I made my way up the stairs, climbing them two at a time. I hastily walked down the hallway, wincing at the sound of a loud bang, obviously being Noah continuing to trash his room. I'd never seen him this way. I guess his parent's affair pushed him over the edge, but I wanted my calm, considerate Noah back.

"Noah..." I knocked on his door, pressing my ear to the wood, the noises stopping.

"Noah...open the door. I'm here. Just let me in."

I figured I would have to plead with him, but within seconds the lock clicked and I turned the knob opening the door to find Noah already sitting at the end of his bed, head buried in his hands. His room was completely trashed, trashed meaning, every single one of his belongings damaged in one way or another. His skin looked pale and as he looked up, I could see dark circles around his eyes, making his appear almost zombie-like.

"Noah..." I whispered, looking around his room, my chest aching at the mere sight of him.

I made my way over to him, kneeling in front of him, taking his face into my hands, my fingers running over the slight stubble there.

"Noah, why did you do this?"

"Because...I...I don't know. I'm angry. I just want to disappear. You don't want me." he nearly cried, pulling away from me and lying down on his bed.

I crawled on his bed, pulling his shoulder back so that he would look at me. I straddled him, knowing it was wrong but doing it anyway. My lips pressed to his forehead holding his head before pulling away, peppering kisses all over his face, my lips lingering on his cheekbone. He always said that was the way to his heart, cheekbone kisses, claiming that was the "sweet spot."

"You know that's not true, Noah."

"Then why weren't you here for me last night? I needed you and you were gone. I wanted you to come and stop me, stop me from drinking and trashing my room, but you didn't. You left me alone and I had to go to Meg. I had to..."

Tears formed in my eyes at the thought of him with Meg, her comforting him instead of me. I didn't want to think about it but that's all that ran through my thoughts as I climbed off Noah, sliding away from him, sitting with my legs crisscrossed on the mattress.

"Don't cry. That's the last thing I want to see right now."

I wiped my tears away and reached out for his hand, playing with his long digits.

"You need to go take a shower. I'll change your sheets and you can sleep while I clean up your room." I muttered, avoiding his eyes, finding it hard to do so.

"Will you come with me, shower with me?"

I looked up to find his eyes pleading, but I shook my head, knowing damn well I couldn't take things that far, to that level of intimacy when my boyfriend is at home sleeping in my bed. I felt wrong for even being here but I'd do what it took to help him feel better,

"No, Noah. You know I can't. It's not our time, Noah. We can't...I can't do that to Cole."

"It's just a shower."

"You know what would happen if I said yes." I pointed out, us both knowing what would happen if our clothes started coming off.

We'd end up having sex and that couldn't happen even if he wanted it to...even if I wanted it.

No, I don't.

"Yeah, I guess you're right." Noah muttered, shaking his head, getting up to grab some clothes before disappearing into the bathroom, the door slamming behind him.

I huffed under my breath and sighed deeply, knowing the task of cleaning his room was going to take me forever. I began pulling his dirty sheets from his bed, retrieving the clean ones he always had in his bottom drawer. Once the bed was made, I placed my hands on my hips, rolling my eyes as I looked around his room. It was an actual pigsty but I knew I was the only person he'd let clean it and he for sure wouldn't do it himself. I just wanted him to sleep and then, after cleaning his room, I could leave and climb back into bed with Cole like I'd never left. I knew that's what I should do but Noah was always so persistent, so desirable. I shook my head, dismissing that thought as I started in a little corner, cleaning up the spot around me, organizing as I went.

I kept my eyes on the task at hand, my eyes momentarily flicking to Noah as he emerged from the bathroom, a towel wrapped around his lower half exposing his long wet torso. I bit my lip lower lip, tugging at it harshly as I looked away, training my eyes away from his body as he dressed.

"You don't have to do this. I don't deserve for you to clean up my mess."

"You've bailed me out of things so many times...taking care of me when I was too drunk to walk. You've carried me out of parties too many times to count. Just let me do this." I snapped, still managing to avoid his eyes and body.

"Okay, well let me help you."

"No, Noah. Please just get in bed and sleep. Just take a break. Please, just sleep."

"I don't think I can."

"Noah, please."

"Will you...Will you lay with me after you finish, please? Will you lay with me for a while before you leave? Please don't leave."

"I will. I'll lay down after I finish this."

"You promise."

"Yeah..." I lied.

..............................

An hour or so later, Noah's room was spotless and I'd washed a load of his clothes, folding them before storing them in his drawers. I gathered his suit to take to the dry cleaners, hoping it wasn't ruined. It looked as if he went swimming in a mud puddle.

I took one last look at him, shaking my head. More than anything, I wanted to crawl into bed with him and hold him tightly, but I just couldn't. I didn't know if I could leave once I did, and I knew I had to leave. I knew as soon as I was in bed with him, I wouldn't be able to stop. He'd wake up and I wouldn't be strong enough to stop his roaming hands as his blazing eyes would flick over my body. I wouldn't be able to stop, so instead of even tempting myself, I closed his door quietly, and I left.

Earth, swallow me whole. I can't take this for much longer.

Noah's POV

"Damn you." I muttered as I woke up, cold sheets sliding off my chest.

She hadn't crawled into bed with me as she promised and I knew she hadn't because I would've woken up. My skin would have burned from her touch and my eyes would have fluttered open at the smell of her scent, rousing me from my slumber. I looked around my spotless room, shaking my head. I wanted to trash it all over again so my mom might call Lex one more time. The only thing was, I didn't want Lex to feel the need to do that ever again.

I just want her in bed with me, allowing me to hold her body and tell her how much she means to me.

I picked up my phone, going straight to my text messages.

Me: Why would you do that? Why would you leave when you knew I wanted you to lay with me?

Lex: Because, Noah, you know what would have happened.

Me: What if I wanted it to happen?

Lex: What if I didn't, Noah?

Me: I know that's not true, Lex. I know you wanted it to happen as much as I did.

Lex: It can't happen, Noah.

Me: Would you come to our place tonight if I asked you?

Lex: No.

Me: Please, Lex? I'll keep my hands to myself, I swear. I won't try to kiss you or do anything. I just want to talk.

Lex: I'll come for a little while. Cole gets off work at seven thirty. I'll meet you at six o'clock but I'm only staying for an hour and if you try anything, I'm gone. No more of this middle of the night crap. We're not doing that.

Me: Okay, I promise. I love you.

Lex: I love you too.

Me: It feels so good when you say that to me.

Lex: I know what you mean, Noah. Bye.

I smiled to myself, stuffing my phone in my pocket and watching time slowly tick by, second by second. I wanted more than anything for Lex to actually show up, to not run from me for once. Despite my promise, I didn't know if I could stop myself from kissing her. I wanted to kiss her more than anything. I'd bet my life that she wanted that too. I smiled again.

"Lex Landon, you're going to kill me." I muttered while looking up at the ceiling, rolling over to bury my face in my pillow.

........................

"Where do you think you're going?" my dad asked, his tone dripping with anger.

"Out." I answered, equally as harsh.

"No, you're not. You're not going out again. You almost got yourself killed the last time you went out."

"You should be happy...I'm giving you time to go ahead and fuck my mother." I spit harshly, right in his face before walking out the door.

You're an asshole, Noah.

A/N

At least Noah knows he's an asshole and owns up to it. That's gotta count for something, right? Idk. I get very annoyed with him but I kind of love him at the same time. He's beautifully infuriating. Vote, share, and comment. Would love to hear your opinions/suggestions.

What do you think will happen??? Theories are my favorite thing ever so please comment them here.

Also...I have an...announcement. 

I'm going to start a story called "Demolition Expert." Could be a fanfic...Could not be. I'm actually going to start writing it soon but I'm not going to give the details yet. Stay tuned because it will be good. I might finished "Saved" first. Haven't really decided. "Saved" is getting really hard to write but I'm not a quitter. When I post something, I finish it. 

Faith <3

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

8.3K 510 51
Just some Cimorelli one shots. Mostly depressing ones, because I seem to be good at that. Cover by @PhoenixWriter11 Most of the older chapters aren't...
312K 10K 200
This is the 5th book in my Embers' series. Please, Please, Please do not start with this book. Please start in the following order: Embers, Extinguis...
372K 10.6K 50
Leigh was an independent girl who lived through a tragedy. Ray was a twenty-two year old firefighter with a five year old son. What happens when worl...