If it weren't for youtube- Jo...

By chloeannmarie

in which an athlete meets a sugg in a broken elevator. More

Brief introduction
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
A/N
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
A/N
1K//ILY
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
A/N
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five (LAST CHAPTER)
#prayforparis
10K?!?
Serious sequel news!
Sequel
oh boy..
okay heres the thing

Chapter Twenty-One

2.3K 50 35
By chloeannmarie

JOES POV

Chloe and I are currently waiting for our breakfast to arrive at our table. We haven't been waiting that long but I'm hungry and impatient, so you could say i'm a little bit restless. Chloe looks good today, she's rocking the whole band/grunge thing even though we all know her personality doesn't match. 

"you know, as much as I love the grunge thing your going for, it doesn't really match your personality" I decided to tell her.

"oh, really you don't think I could be badass?" she responded

"hmmm, I think you could but you chose not to" I said back, it was true. she probably could be a punk, but she chooses not to be because she likes living and she just wasn't brought up that way. Well, that's my guess. I know she doesn't have a lot of family around her now but I'm guessing her mother brought her up pretty well, I don't know. I'll ask her later. 

"Yeah I think your right" she replied, leaning back in her seat.

"so what degrees does it get to in summer in the UK?" she changed the topic, hmm, I wonder why?  She's never really changed the topic like that before. Was it something I said? I chose to ignore it.

"um usually about 25? maybe 28 if we're lucky" I replied. (a/n: I actually don't know, so don't judge) 

"really?" she asked sitting up straight again.

"yeah, is that a surprise" I asked

"I mean, kinda that's so cold for us, if it was 25 here, everyone would be wearing jumpers and trackies"

"trackies?" I asked, what the hell are trackies?

"track pants" she said furrowing her eyebrows. Ohh right, of course, Aussie slang. I have to get the hang of it. Maybe I should google it? or is that to much?

"oh, I knew that, well I didn't but you know I'm not Aussie, so I-" I started rambling, 

I think she got it in the first sentence Joe. My subconscious said, it was right.

She just laughed and turned her head towards the waiter who was approaching our table with the meals we ordered. "Finally" I whispered as the waiter was placing the food on the table. 

"sorry for the wait" the waiter said, looking at Chloe directly. "oh, it's okay" she said

"Oh, it's not a pretty lady like you shouldn't have to put up with bad service like that" he winked, HE WINKED? wtf does he think he's doing, I'm sitting right here. 

"oh no, really mate it's fine me and my girlfriend don't mind at all" I said emphasising the word girlfriend dramatically. He looked rather taken back, what the hell? why was he taken back he must be an idiot.

Chloe coughed a little, a forced, awkward cough. The waiter took that as a sign to leave, he turned on his heels but not before flashing Chloe a smirk, oh my god some people just don't know when to stop. 

"wow, he was a creep" Chloe said, I relaxed in my chair a little knowing she wasn't into that at all. 

"tell me about it, you'd think he would've taken the first hint and then left, apparently not" I added. She just nodded and picked up her spoon, She ordered some sort of greek yoghurt thing, I got bacon and eggs. 

"you know your eating a dead animal" she blurted while I was half way through stuffing my face with bacon. I chocked a little not sure if it was on my food or her words? 

"where did that come from?" I asked swallowing my mouth full

"uh, sorry it's just I'm vegetarian and I just have a habit or saying those sorts of things, that was quite rude of me" she said with an awkward smile. "it's all good" I replied with a smile. I didn't know she is vegetarian, now I just feel awkward. 

"sorry, I probably just made you really awkward" she said, it's like she read my mind, haha or did I say it out loud? I hope not..

"it's alright, really. You know what I'm not even going to finish this bacon" I tried to sound confident, really I did want to eat the bacon but hey, it's not going to hurt me if I don't and it's not like I'm giving up meat all together just this bit of bacon. 

"oh, you don't have to do that I was jus-" She started but I cut her off, "no, really it's fine" I said with a reassuring smile, I grabbed her hand and squeezed it and she smiled back. 

"So how far are you running today?" I asked, "oh only like 3 k's, i'm doing sprints today as we'll though" she sighed. I can't believe she said only three kilometres, ONLY THREE, wow she's like superwoman. "only three?" I asked sarcastically, she knew I was joking and laughed her quiet, adorable laugh. 

"yeah" she said shaking her head and eating more fruit. "I was kidding, I certainly couldn't last 3 k's" I said, just to make it clear.

"yeah, I know" she said smiling

"okay, I'm done, you ready to go?" I asked, standing up "yep" she replied popping the 'p' 

"alright, lets go then" I smiled, she returned the smile and we walked up to the counter hand in hand to pay the bill, "i'll pay" I whispered to Chloe, "oh no it's alright we'll split it" she tried to say but I had already paid, I'm meant to be a gentleman, right? well I did just that. We walked out of the cafe and hopped into Chloe's black and red jeep. Me in the passenger seat and her driver's, I would drive but Australia is weird so and I don't want to kill us.

The drive back to the hotel was quiet, but not awkward it was a comfortable silence. Chloe's hand was tapping to the beat of who she claimed to be Alt-J, I've never heard of them but judging by the music Chloe put on of theirs they sound pretty good.

We eventually arrived back at the hotel, "you coming in?" I asked before getting out of the car. "nah I have to get ready for training, but I'll text you later, okay?" She said and then pressed a light kiss to my lips, I nodded and then kissed her forehead before getting out of the car and waving as she drove off.

CHLOES POV

I had a good time with Joe, but I still felt a little bit awkward with the whole meat thing, he said he didn't mind but I think he did. I'm pretty sure he really wanted to eat that bacon.

I pulled up out front of my house, unlocked the door and then went inside. I kicked off my shoes at he door and then walked upstairs to change into appropriate training clothes. (aka sports bra and nike shorts *sigh*) 

Once I was changed I washed off any makeup that was on from this morning, because if I don't there it would just run from my sweat. Doing sprints is a lot harder then long distance, well in my opinion anyway. With long distance you get to stay one pace throughout and you have plenty of time to get to the front of the 'pack'  where as sprints you have to get in front right at the start and stay there in order to win, theres not a lot of time for over taking is what i'm trying to say. 

I walked/jogged back down stairs and grabbed an apple and a water bottle I threw them in my adidas bag, threw on a jacket that was next to the door and went to the car.

It takes about 20 minutes to get to training so I left early, I always jam to intense songs on the way to training because it gets me in the right mindset. I might occasionally listen to some sort of motivational thing but that's only when I'm tired or just not up for running. Which isn't that often because I love it.

I finally arrived at the place which I train, I jumped out of the car and ran inside, I really don't want to be late. If I'm late I get and extra kilometre and I was happy with 3 at the moment. 

I threw my stuff in the change rooms, ran outside and chucked my jacket on some seats. I walked casually over to my coach, I didn't want her to think I might have possibly been late. I approached her with a smile. 

"Chloe, you were almost late" 

dammit, I really thought I would get away with it. "I'll let it slide, but just today" she said. 

'YES THANK YOU JESUS I LOVE YOU' I said in my head.

"alright start with a warm up and then 3 k's" she ordered, I wasn't going to complain so I got right to it.

...

100 metres left, yes!

but all of a sudden I felt a sharp pain, in my left rib cage. It was so painful, nothing I've ever felt. I doubled over and it was like everything went in slow motion as I fell to the ground, tears were already flowing from my eyes like they were waterfalls. I saw my coach knit her eyebrows together, she looked very confused. She ran over to me leaving the other people she was with without warning.

"Chloe? Chloe what happened?" She yelled

"I- I don't know" I managed to get out between sobs and gasps for air, the pain was still there but it had spread. It's worse and wow does it hurt. "P-p-please help me up" I asked. She nodded and called for a one of the guys she was training to come over and help me. He came over and picked me up like I weighed virtually nothing. 

He carried me over to the chairs which my jacket was on and then went back to his training, Mary (coach) thanked him as he left. 

"Chloe tell me what happened, do I need to call an ambulance?" She asked in a clam voice. 

"I don't need an ambulance I can take myself to the hospital" I said, but it wasn't very convincing because I shrieked with pain once I finished saying the last word of the sentence.

"I'm calling an ambulance" she said

"NO" I yelled probably to loudly but I just really didn't want to go in an ambulance. "okay, then call someone that can take you, because you're not taking yourself and I can't take you because I have other people to coach" she said in a stern voice, I knew she wasn't being mean purposely she's probably just stressed she doesn't usually have injuries to deal with. 

"o-okay" I replied, "m-m-my phone is in the change rooms" 

"alright, DANIEL" she yelled and the boy who carried me before turned his head to look at us. I guess his name is Daniel. He's tall, dark drown hair, hazel/greenish eyes and a very nice body, very nice he has olive skin and toned biceps. He's doesn't measure up to Joe though, well okay he kinda does but ugh stop Chloe. I told myself.

"yes coach" he said in his deep Aussie voice, and he had a god damn attractive voice. gah, I have to keep reminding myself I'm with Joe.

"could you please go into the change rooms and get Chloe's phone" 

"into the girls?" he said awkwardly

"yes" coach said

"uh I- uh"

"oh get over your pride, she certainly can't get it" she snapped, I couldn't help but laugh a little but I wish I hadn't because it made the pain worse. 

I let out a sort of sound that a women might when she's giving birth, to 10 kids at once. hahah, oops.

"Okay," he said and then ran into the girls change rooms and came out seconds later with my bag.

"Th-thanks" I managed to get out.

I whipped out my phone and went into contacts.

Ugh, I can't call Joe, he's doing a meet and greet. Great. Micah and Terina! they'll come.

I tried calling Micah, no answer.

I tried called Terina, no answer. 

great.

Who else is there? I was scrolling through my contacts when I saw Cameron's. ugh, should I? I kind of have to.

'chloe just do it' my subconscious said, it was right, again. I had to do it.

I dialled his number and he answered, great out of all the people that actually answers their phone.

-PHONE CALL CONVERSATION BETWEEN CHLOE AND CAMERON-

Cameron- hello?

Chloe- h-hi cameron, uh I- I

Cameron- Chloe? are you okay?

Chloe- uh not r-really, I need someone to take me to hospital

Cameron- why? are you alright? what happened?

Chloe- can you just come get me, I'm training

Cameron- yeah, sure on my way, I'll be there as soon as possible

Chloe- thank you

Cameron- no worries, see you soon

-END OF PHONE CALL-

He knows where I train because he used to come and watch me, when we had a 'thing.'

A/N- okay so I wrote this because it's kinda what's happening with me right now, the whole injury thing. And you write better if you can relate to the situation, right? yeah well, I don't actually know what's wrong with me as of yet but mum wants me to see a good doctor so apparently we have to wait longer, but yeah anyways you don't want to read my life story.

vote, comment whatever xx

peace, love, rubber gloves ;) 

(side bar gif reference) ^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

126K 3.3K 23
[COMPLETED] Living on the streets is tough. Especially for a 12 year old girl. But her life is turned upside down when she gets saved. But who are th...
127K 3.1K 50
the one in which she believes that he is too good for her and he believes that she is horribly mistaken. TOO GOOD JOE SUGG [COMPLETED] HIGHEST RAN...
346 9 20
She is on exchange and her life could change for better or for worse
38.9K 704 76
It all starts with a gaming channel, a couple of clicks here and there. They. All. Count. Will our characters discover that there's more to life than...