The Shy Girl Has a Gun

By makeandoffer

Faith Mitchell was never confident. She was happy to blend into the background, much to the protest of her fr... More

The Shy Girl Has a Gun.
The Shy Girl has a Gun...Chapter 2
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 3
The Shy Girl has a Gun...Chapter 4
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 5
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 6
The Shy Girl Has A Gun...Chapter 7
The Shy Girl Has A Gun...Chapter 8
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 9
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 10
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 11
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 12
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 13
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 14
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 15
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 16
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 17
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 18
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 19
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 20
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 22
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 23
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 24
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 25
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 26
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 27
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 28
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 29
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 30
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 31
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 32
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 33
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 34
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 35
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 36
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 37
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 38
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 39
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 40
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 41
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 42
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 43
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 44
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 45
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 46
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 47
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 48 (THE END)
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...EPILOGUE

The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 21

816K 22.5K 5.1K
By makeandoffer

A:N its been too long people, i was planning to upload thursday but wattpad died on me and i couldnt! i have missed you all and i hope the chapter makes up for the wait!

Please vote and comment, and thank you so much for reading!

---

I rush over to Chris, Drake and Connor with Jace in pursuit.

“Connor say goodbye to the lovely woman with the double DD’s, we need to get out of here.” Drake coos Connor, gritting his teeth as he tries to drag him away from the podium.

“Why?” Connor whines, his voice slurring from the alcohol “I’m the birthday boy, and I want to get a chance to motorboat those beauties!”

Connor was actually clinging onto the podium while Drake attempts to pull him away, and if it was any other circumstance I would be rolling on the floor laughing at how funny they both looked. But due to the fact we had about 3 minutes until the drug lord and his army of dealers were made aware of the fact we were here, my patience was running thin.

I reached over and dug my nails into Connor’s hands, causing him to let go of the podium with a shriek of pain and look at me pouting like a child.

“That hurt.” he whines, rubbing his hands.

“If you don’t pull yourself together Connor, I will do more things that will hurt!” I threaten, my teeth gritted. I couldn’t be too hard on him because I knew he was drunk. The rest of us had a few drinks tonight, but we were all still able to think clearly. Connor, obviously, couldn’t.

I turn my head to Drake “Get him out of here and go home. They don’t know that you two are with us, so we’ll stay and hold the fort down.” I gesture my head towards Connor “He’s in no state to be fighting right now.”

Drake shakes his head “No way, I'm not leaving for you to have to deal with this alone. You don’t even know how many of them there are.”

My patience was running paper thin by this point “It’s not your mission Drake, get Connor home safely.” I order, and I can still see the reluctance in his face “Look, you know me. I can handle myself.” I try and persuade, realising that ordering him to do anything will not work “I’ve got these two here with me anyway, so I have backup.”

He clenches his jaw, then after a few seconds of debating he nods his head. He pulls a stumbling Connor with him, holding him up by the waist as he helps him walk out of the club. Once I see they are clear out of the building and they are both safe, I turn my head back to Chris and Jace.

“Actually Jace, it’s probably better if you go with them.” I suddenly realise I had no idea how many of the drug lords people were here, and it was way too dangerous for him.

“Not a chance in hell. I’m here, I’m helping.” I recognised his tone. It was firm, and I knew that when he was like this there was no changing his mind. With a sigh, I gave up as I knew I didn’t have time to start persuading Jace to get out of here.

“So you’ve seen the drug lord here?” Chris asks, he too realising there was no use in trying to persuade Jace to leave.

I nod my head “He was talking to Hol-the other nurse earlier on.” I correct myself, not wanting to call her by her name. I had to detach myself from her, this was about completing the job, not about former bonds “I don’t recognise him, but I have a picture we can run through the system and get a name on.”

He nods his head, and he opens his mouth to ask a few more questions but he is interrupted as a gunshot goes off in the club, sending the crowd into a screaming mess of panic.

All 3 of us automatically crouch down, and turn our heads to one of the podiums to see Dan, The guy who we had recognised as the drug lord earlier and 3 more guys behind him. Dan held the gun to the ceiling, and amused smirk on his lips.

“Ladies and gentlemen now I have your attention, you have 10 seconds to rush to the door before people start dying.” Dan announces, before pointing his gun towards the 3 of us on the ground “Apart from you 3, you don’t get a head start unfortunately.”

In a heartbeat a stampede of civilians rush to the door, knocking each other over in a panic to get the hell out of here. After the 10 seconds were up, a couple of guys with guns stood in front of the doors and shut them, leaving the people who had not managed to escape locked in here just like us.

There were about 20 clubbers who had been too slow to get out of here, and the two guys by the door ordered them to get to the other side of the club and in the middle of the dance floor where they could have a watchful eye on them. They followed the orders, a few of the women crying in fear. Actually, a few of the man were crying as well. So much for male pride.

Through the chaos of people trying to escape, Chris, Jace and I had managed to crawl behind the bar where we were shielded from Dan and his itching trigger finger. I knew they let us crawl there because at the end of the day, they had us locked in their club. Their turf and we had no way of escaping. We had one option.

Kill our way out of here.

We were all on the floor with our backs to the bar, and I could see Chris’s eyes scan around for any form of weapon he could use.

“We need a gun.” He groaned in frustration as he settled on one of the knives behind the bar. He then spotted a corkscrew on one of the shelves by his head, and took it as his weapon of choice and handed Jace the knife. Jace took it without a hesitation, knowing he needed to gear up if he even stood a chance.

I opened my bag and pulled out the semi automatic that I had stashed in there while I was getting ready. As I cock the gun, Jace’s mouth falls open.

“You brought a gun with you for a night out clubbing and stashed it in your handbag?” he asked in disbelief.

I turn my head to shoot a death glare at him “Considering the situation we are in right now, are you really going to judge me for doing so?”

He actually has to hold a smile down at my words, before nodding sheepishly as if to tell me I had a point. I was the one battling disbelief right now. We were locked in a club with god knows how many drug dealers who wanted us dead, and Jace still had it in him to look amused.

“I’ve never been more thankful that you are all work and no play until now Faith.” Chris mutters, grabbing one of the vodka bottles and a cloth. He stuffs the cloth in the bottle so a little bit of the cloth is still hanging out, and sets it down next to him and proceeds to do the same to 3 more bottles.

“Guys, I think it’s time you come out and play!” Dan calls over in a sing-a-song voice, and I have to grit my teeth from jumping over the counter and pulling the trigger now at the arrogant asshole.

I turn my head to Jace “I really hate your manager.”

He grins “Former manager.” He corrects. “And me too. The bastard always took too long locking up.”

I actually laugh at his teasing, which was refreshing considering the situation we were in. I glance my head back to Chris, and realise it was time to get going.

“Right, they think we're unarmed so that gives us the element of surprise.” I glance around, and try and find some sort of escape route.

“You have 30 seconds to come out, or I start shooting people.” Dan calls over, his tone getting slightly irritated. We all glance at each other, and with an understanding nod we realise we had to come out and play like he wanted or civilians were going to start dying.

The fucker wanted to play, I am more than game.

I point at Jace “Stay down.”

He was just about to protest, but the impatient look on my face stopped him. I tucked the gun under the bar, so it was at easy reach if I needed to grab it. I cursed this damn dress and how I wasn’t able to keep it on me due to the fact it really left little to imagination as it was. If I tried holding the gun in the dress, they would think I was packing a penis under all this white.

Me and Chris rose to our feet, our arms in the air in a surrender motion. As I looked over to the middle of the club, I could see the 20 something civilians all sat on the ground of the dance floor, Dan and the 3 guys still on the podium. The drug lord was nowhere to be seen, and I’m guessing he is probably in the back watching the whole show but getting his little pets to do any of the dangerous work.

I could also see we were severely outnumbered. Not including Dan and the 3 guys on the podium, there were 15 people I counted who were packing weapons and out for our blood. This could be a little more difficult than I thought. Then I swallowed hard as I spotted Holly walk onto the podium and stand next to Dan, looking at us with a cocked head and her eyes boring into me curiously.

“Long time no see agents, how have we been?” Dan asks sarcastically, he looks around and a mock expression of confusion crosses his face “Where is my old employee Jace?”

“In a land far far away.” I answer, a smirk on my face as I realise I am quoting myself from the hospital when Jace used his cover name as ‘Van Solo’. I heard a slight snort at my feet as Jace also got my joke.

Dan gritted his teeth “You really are all mouth aren’t you bitch.”

I give him an innocent smile, before winking mockingly “Your father thought so.”

His eyes blaze in fury and my smile widens. Dan held his gun up higher and I braced myself to duck away from the bullet I knew was coming. Before he could press the trigger, someone cut him off.

“Wait!” Holly ordered, holding her hand up to Dan but her eyes were still on me. She pointed her finger at me, and crooked it gesturing for me to come closer “Come over here.”

My stomach flipped as I realise she is trying to figure it out. She didn’t recognise me yet, but she knew something was up.

I hesitated also because my gun was under the bar, and if I walked forward I would be leaving it behind.

“Now!” Holly ordered, and I realised I had no choice but to follow her order. She pointed at the civilians in the middle of the dance floor “Move over there.” She ordered them, and they moved to the far side of the club as I walked around to the bar and towards the podium, Chris was also ordered to follow me to the middle of the room. They seemed to have forgotten about Jace because Holly was too busy burning her eyes into me.

We were both in the middle of the club now and Holly jumped off and walked closer to me, narrowing her eyes as she studies my features.

“There is no way...” She muttered to herself, but as her eyes locked with mine I could see she has figured it out “Faith?”

I fake smiled “Long time Holly. Tell me, what have you been doing with yourself?” I ask sarcastically.

I can see the shock still on her face, but a slight smirk appears on her lips “Won’t you look at that. You’re still alive, and an agent too. Jesus, things really do change.” She scanned her eyes up and down on me; before I notice a slight flash of a genuine smile on her lips “You finally grew into your confidence huh?”

Again, my stomach lurched at the friendly tone she used. It was just like old times, like we were sat in her room talking about boys. A friendly exchange. But as I looked around, I realised there was no way this could be friendly. We were on opposite teams.

“Guess being an agent raises your self esteem.” I shrug, my tone icy “I see the company you have been keeping in the last 3 years really has plummeted downhill.”

I gesture my hands around to the other dealers, and she winces slightly. “Circumstances brought me here.”

It was my turn to wince at her reply, because I knew by ‘circumstances’ she meant the downfall she had when I went missing. Guilt poured through my body, but I beat it down as I realised I had a job to do.

Never compromise the mission Faith...

“Enough of the trip down fucking memory lane!” Dan cuts in the annoyance clear in his voice. He gestures towards two of the apes stood near us with his gun “Hold them down.”

The two bulky guys follow the order and walk over, pinning me and Chris against their bodies with one of their arms across our throats and another around our stomachs, making it extremely difficult for us to move. Dan smirked.

“Now it’s time to have some real fun.” He muses, moving his gun from me to Chris playfully pondering who to shoot first.”Eenie meenie miney mo...” He then settles the gun pointing at me. “I just caught the piglet by its toe.”

“Hold on a minute!” I call out before he can fire “You have forgotten one thing...”

He furs his brows in confusion “What?”

I smile “Never fuck with a woman in heels.”

And with that, I stomp my pointed white heel on the foot of the guy holding me from behind, his scream of agony enough of a distraction that Chris fights his way out of the grip of the guy holding him. I elbow the guy behind me in the face, turning him around in an instant and using him as a shield for the bullet Dan has just fired in my direction. The bullet hits the guy in the back, and he collapses onto the floor lifeless. The guy who had been holding Chris down also plummets to the floor without a pulse.

With a flick of his wrist, Chris throws the corkscrew he stashed in his blazer pocket towards the podium and it stabs into Dan’s shoulder. Dan screams in agony, dropping his arm with the gun by his side as he clutches his shoulder which is already bleeding rapidly, the corkscrew sticking out of his flesh.

I snort with laughter, and then turn to Chris Nice shot.”

He grins proudly, before shrugging like it was nothing.

3 more guys walk onto the dance floor and surround me and Chris. One of them dives towards me, and I lift my leg up and again use my heel, plunging it into his leg causing him to collapse to the floor from the pain. I turn and punch one of the other guys in the face, narrowly avoiding an elbow to the face with a duck before I uppercut the guy sending him tumbling onto his back.

“Faith!” Jace’s voice makes my head turn to the bar, and he throws the gun I stashed there earlier over to me and I catch it with ease. I grin thankfully at him, before turning and pointing the gun at the two guys I floored. Two bullets later, that was two more guys who we didn’t have to worry about.

“Chris, duck!” I call out, and he immediately follows my instruction and ducks down, leaving the shot open as I fire at the guy he had been fighting with. He too collapses to the ground.

14 left to kill.

I mentally remind myself, as I begin to shoot left right and centre at the dealers coming at me from every direction. Chris is next to me, using his punches to fend off the incoming dealers if they got too close.

7 left to kill.

I realise I only have one bullet left, and I look at Chris as he too realises we are almost out of ammo. Suddenly, a cry of agony from the podium catches our attention, and Dan is still nursing the corkscrew in his shoulder which was jammed there. Chris and I turn to each other, and nod as we both come up with the same plan without even having to speak aloud.

I lift my gun and point it at the podium, noticing the look of panic dart across Dan’s face.

“Whose got you by the toe now bitch?” I smirk at him, before I pull the trigger. The bullet hits him and he tumbles forward and off the podium, the gun he was holding flying out of his hand and sliding across the floor. Chris immediately dives for it, and before we know it we had another gun and another almost full round of ammo.

We both grin at each other. We really did work well together.

Chris begins his round of firing bullets and taking out the rest of the dealers.

4 left to kill. The countdown still ticks in my head as bodies fall to the floor. One of the dealers sneaks up from my right and sends a right hook across my cheek, knocking me off guard. Due to the damn heels I was wearing, I got knocked off my feet and landed on my back. He straddles my hips and pulls me up my by hair, another punch coming at my face.

I manage to hit the guy around the head with the empty gun in my hand, but not before long he has recovered and sends another punch to my face, and I could taste the blood in my mouth. As he retreated his arm back to send another blow to my face, he is suddenly pulled back violently and kicked in the face, knocking him clear out. I look up at Jace who is stood over the guy, a look of fury over his face as he stares at the guy who beat 2 shades of shit into me.

Jace turns to me, pointing at the unconscious lump on the floor “This piece of shit is the perfect example of why I don’t like hitting girls.”

I smile slightly, taking the hand he held out and getting to my feet, spitting out the blood in my mouth in an extremely lady like manor.

“Lovely.” Jace comments dryly, but I could see the humour in his eyes. He hands me the knife Chris gave him behind the bar “I may be awesome at punching and kicking, but I don’t think I have it in me to kill anyone quite yet. Even if he is an asshole.”

My face softens at his words, and my smile is warm towards him. He is not worried about sounding weak, but he is honest. He wasn’t ready to be a murderer, and a part of me never wanted him to be ready. I didn’t want him to experience the life as a murder, even if the people we killed deserve a knife to the throat.

I don’t tease him, and just nod my head before turning and plunging the knife into the guy’s heart. I look up and see that Chris has now run out of ammo, but he has yet another lifeless body at his feet.

“Drop the knife Faith.” Holly’s voice caused me to snap my head to her, and my body freezes as I see her holding a knife of her own at Jace’s throat.

1 left to kill.

.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 14.6K 37
Living in a world where the dance team is her kingdom, fashion her passion, and judo her secret pastime, Jade Wright's life is as close to perfect as...
294K 7.9K 42
She's troublesome. He lives for trouble. Both embedded with their own secrets and lies. A girl who's self-destruction leads her to a camp for delinqu...
451K 20.3K 47
= a wattpad featured story (14102017) = After she was kidnapped to a foreign land, Devora Evans found herself rescued by a questionable team claiming...
202K 4.8K 35
Nova West, a girl who's bad at making friends, decides to opt it off and become a loner. She's an insecure girl, although she's too guarded to admit...