The Buddy System. *Complet...

By Caffinated_Mama

Back to Hogwarts, Raelyn felt like she was starting all over again. No family, no friends. She was destined t... More

Cast Ideas
Return to Hogwarts
Conversing with Snakes
The Buddy System
Can't Sleep
Potions Class
Classroom antics
Meeting Her
An Unexpected Meet Up
Painting
The Broom Cupboard
Knowing You Better
WOW
Getting Out
While I was sleeping
The Makeover
Apologies
Opening Up
Kissing
Flashback
Hanging with Snakes
The Battle talk
The Date - prt 1
The Date - prt 2
Meetings & Greetings
Leap of Faith?
The Memory
Dean Thomas
Initiations to the Snake Club
Morning After
Like Old Times
Seeing Stars
Azkaban
Dancing
Dearest Azaleah
Dancing in the rain
Breakfast
Shopping
Lucas
Love and War
Quidditch
Hexing & Humour
The Party
News
Packing
Preparations for Arrival
Reunited
Catch Ups
Letters
Trying to Understand
Healer
New styles and stories
Draco
Our Song
The Tree
The prick arrived
Letters
Vulgar Talk
Three Letters
A Letters Request
Lagos
Wren
Home Truths
The Real Teeny
Prick!
Sorting Out Our Issues
More truths
What Ifs
Supermarket
Spice Men
Good Ole Dad
What Needed To Be Said
Christmas Past
Christmas Presents
Castle Escape
Sunrise
Unexpected Meetings
Gifts
Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
Getting To Know You
Reunion
New Years Eve
Party Prep
Happy New Year!
Minister Visit
St. Mungo's
Plot Twist
Planning
January Blues
New Term
Hospital Wing
Bleeding
Theory
Burn
The Tower
You Heard Me
Pain!
Read My Mind
Trouble Finding Me
Appeal
Fucking Creep
Imperious Curse
Are They Always Like This?
The Answer?
Lucius Malfoy
A Book
To your health
Getting Organised
Blackmail
Toothache
First Year
Kissing
Theodore
Bed Rest
Bolting
Round Two
A Trip Down Memory Lane
A Trip Down Memory Lane - part II
The Tape
Lestrange
Celebrating
Unusual Proposal
Buddy Session
Future Plans
Epilogue 1
Epilogue 2

Heart to Heart

12 1 0
By Caffinated_Mama

"YOU ASSHOLE!" Blaise jumped up from the bed and ran around to Draco, grabbing him by the throat and pinning him to the wall. 

"Blaise!" I think everyone shouted at once. 

"She needed you! You selfish prick! She needed you and you bolted like a fucking coward. What the hell is wrong with you? I thought you had changed. I thought you had become a decent person!"

"Blaise mate, you are choking him." Theo said trying to pry Blaise's hands from around Draco's neck. 

Draco who was turning red and making chocking and gasping noises. 

"She has already taken the first of her cure potions. You weren't here. Off snivelling in a corner somewhere? How the fuck could you? She loves you, you complete ass!"

"Blaise!" Pansy snapped. 

He turned to look at her. Seething. 

"What? You were here. She looked heartbroken. He did that to her."

"I know but you can't kill him. I have not had my coffee and I have no patience for a trip to The Ministry right now to bail you out of Azkaban." Pansy looked deadly serious as she spoke. 

Blaise looked back to Draco and then rolled his eyes and loosened his grip. 

Draco clutched his throat and bent over to catch his breath.

I stood up out of the bed and grabbed the monitor stand for support, using it to manovere myself around the room.

Draco then stood up straight and took a breath to speak. Only to be met with my right hook. 

Right to the face. 

"Holy fuck!" He groaned as he bent over again. This time there was blood spurting from his nose. 

"That is for leaving!" I shouted and rubbed my knuckles.

Punching is not like in the movies I discovered.

It hurt like a mother trucker! "Ow!" I mumbled checking the red patch that was now appearing on my hand.

"Rae!" Draco stepped closer and took my hand examining it. "Are you ok? Does it hurt?"

Asshole he may be but he was still my Draco and I did feel guilty for how he was being treated.

He bent down and picked up my wand which must have fallen in the chaos.

I took it and muttered a spell to clean him up and to fix the damage caused to his face. Then, I grabbed his jumper and pulled him into me kissing him. 

"That was for coming back!" 

"Alright Jo March, enough action for you for now. Back into bed," Azaleah said as she pulled me back by the waist and over to the bed, before helping me in and pulling the cover up around me. 

The large smirk never left her face. 

"I am fully aware that I was a dick for leaving. I have absolutely no excuse for it and I will never forgive myself that I was not here for her ok?" Draco shouted. "I was a coward who could not stand by and watch as she was in pain. It broke me and I know that what she was going through was 10 times worse but like I said I was a coward."

"Yeah you were," Pansy snapped and folded her arms. 

"Where the fuck did you go?" Azaleah asked. She was sitting next to me in the bed, acting like a barrier between myself and Draco. 

He had not made a move towards me yet. 

"I went to school...I needed to calm down...clear my head."

"For hours?"

"Yes...I was drained. I needed to gather myself. I am not stupid. I know you all love Raelyn and would do anything to protect her so I bloody knew what I was coming back to. I wanted to...prepare!"

He looked heartbroken as he spoke and all I wanted to do was pull him into my arms. I didn't even have it in me to be angry at him. I was just delighted that he had come back. 

"Now can you all fuck off for a few minutes so I can see my girl?"

No one moved. No one was sure what to do. Slowly they all turned to look at me.

It was bloody eerie. 

"It's ok guys. Go and get something to eat. Bring me back something nice," I said squeezing Azaleah's hand. 

"I will be back in 15 minutes." She warned Draco but then smiled at him. He gave a deep sigh.

______________________________________

DRACO POV

They all slowly walked out of the room. As soon as the door was closed I could hear them rounding on Theo. Poor guy. 

But I had more important things to worry about. 

I took a step closer to the bed, keeping my eyes on her the whole time. I didn't want to overstep my boundaries.

"Raelyn?"

"Draco?" 

"I am so sorry for running out like that. Seeing you in pain....it...it felt like my heart was being torn up. I couldn't stand it. I couldn't!"

She looked down and I took another step closer. 

"I know it was stupid and I am so sorry that I left. I hate myself for not being there for you. I was selfish. As soon as I left I wanted to come back but I thought you hated me for not realising the alarm was going off in the first place."

"I wasn't. I was scared."

"And I hate that I did nothing to help that fear. When you needed me most, I wasn't there." I could feel the anger rising in me. I truly hated myself for what I did. I would never forgive myself for leaving. 

"Draco I -"

"You have been there for me through thick and thin. You chose me, even when others told you that you were crazy to do so. You defended me when others told you I was scum. And I went and proved them all right."

"Draco -"

"I am so sorry Rae," I said taking another step closer. I was now at the edge of the bed. "I will never be able to explain how sorry I am. Nor will I ever stop trying to make it up to you."

I slowly sat on the edge of the bed. 

"Draco, you - "

"Were a complete fucking idiot. I know. Believe me I know. A colossal prick. A fucking asshole. Scumbag. Hateful bastard. Selfish cunt. I am so sorry. I truly am. I -"

She leant forward at that moment and clapped her hand over my mouth. "Will you shut it and let me talk?"

"Sorry - again," I mumbled. 

"Draco, I am not angry that you left. I was...upset but I understood. I have no clue what I would have done in your situation if the rolls were reversed."

"I do. You would have stayed. You would have been by my side."

"We don't know that. Look at Azaleah. She was in pain during her trail, pleading her innocence and I just bolted from the courtroom. Didn't even hear her out."

"That was different."

"No - she was in pain just as I was. A different kind of pain but a pain non the less and I couldn't handle it. I know how you felt. I do not blame you at all."

"You don't?"

She shook her head and put her hand in mine. "I am just glad you are back." She looked up at me. 

I could honestly have stayed forever in that moment. Her piercing blue eyes held nothing but love. I could plainly see it. No hate, no hurt, no disappointment. Only love. For me. 

I was the luckiest son of a bitch to ever exist. 

"Are you going to kiss me or would you like to wait until everyone else is back in the room?" She smirked. 

I didn't need telling twice. I leaned forward, cupping her face in my hands and kissed her. What I wasn't expecting was her reaction. She wrapped her arms around me and pulled me down so we were lying in the bed with me on top of her.

And I continued to kiss her. I used one hand on the mattress to support my weight so I wasn't crushing her. The other hand (which seemed to have a mind of it's own) was currently running along her thigh, bunching her dress up and grabbing her hip, grinding myself up against her. 

She moaned in response. My favourite sound. 

I kissed along her jawline and down her neck along her collarbone and up the other side before coming back to her lips.

Her hands traced their way up to my hair and I was completely lost in this moment with her.

To be honest my throat still hurt from Blaise trying to choke me to death and although her spell had cleaned up the blood and the swelling, my nose and lip still stung from the impact of Raelyn's fist.

But I was too happy to even worry about it....much.

Not as much as I wanted to be as I was fully aware that she was unwell and resting but enough that I was able to pour my emotions into every kiss.

All too soon the kissing was interrupted... again.

Bang bang bang

I closed my eyes and leaned my forehead against hers.

"Do you think if we ignored them, they would do away?" She asked hopeful.

"I promise you, we won't." Came the response from the other side of the door.

"Well that answers that," I chuckled as I moved off her and sat on the edge of the bed.

She scooted closer to me and snuggled into my side and I thought my heart was going to burst.

"Get decent, we are coming in," Theo called as the handle turned on the door and everyone picked into the room.

Nicola made a beeline for the monitors to check Raelyn over, smiling at us as she did.

I made a mental note to buy her a house when this was all over.

"How are you feeling doll?" She asked as she scanned her wand over my fiancé's body.

"I'm actually feeling ok. Tired but I'm good."

"Your BP is down and your heart rate has increased slightly. All good signs. It means the potion is working."

Rae looked up at me and beamed. I couldn't help but smile back at her. That smile, the one that could light up a room and send my heart fluttering wildly was contagious.

"That's great love," I smiled and wrapped my arms around her.

"Do you want anything to eat or drink? You should stay hydrated." I asked. I felt like I should be doing more to take care of her.

What the fuck had she turned me into? Some whipped little bitch.

I smiled at that. I didn't even care.

"I'm a little hungry yeah," she mumbled.

"What would my girl like? Chicken? Pasta? Pie? Steak? Ice cream? Tell you what I'm just going to whip up everything we have for you."

I kissed her and jumped up, running out of the room. I was being serious. I would just make everything in the hopes that something took her fancy.

I walked into the kitchen realising a few things.

1) I was a lucky son of a bitch
2) Rae was the most understanding person there was.
3) She had a mean right hook
4) I never wanted to leave her side again
5) I have absolutely no clue how to cook.

Someone should really stop me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.3K 1.6K 33
Yazmin Nessa works as a full time nanny for Niklaus Mikaelson's daughter Hope Andrea Mikaelson. Yazmin has been helping Klaus as he's struggling with...
327K 9.8K 105
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
5.3K 917 24
{Editing} ~Goktug Love story~ Daughter of Tekfur Thomas was very humble and amiable. She was a youthful, admirable women which many men adore. Elenor...
221K 4.6K 47
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...