The Buddy System. *Complet...

Von Caffinated_Mama

Back to Hogwarts, Raelyn felt like she was starting all over again. No family, no friends. She was destined t... Mehr

Cast Ideas
Return to Hogwarts
Conversing with Snakes
The Buddy System
Can't Sleep
Potions Class
Classroom antics
Meeting Her
An Unexpected Meet Up
Painting
The Broom Cupboard
Knowing You Better
WOW
Getting Out
While I was sleeping
The Makeover
Apologies
Opening Up
Kissing
Flashback
Hanging with Snakes
The Battle talk
The Date - prt 1
The Date - prt 2
Meetings & Greetings
Leap of Faith?
The Memory
Dean Thomas
Initiations to the Snake Club
Morning After
Like Old Times
Seeing Stars
Azkaban
Dancing
Dearest Azaleah
Dancing in the rain
Breakfast
Shopping
Lucas
Love and War
Quidditch
Hexing & Humour
The Party
News
Packing
Preparations for Arrival
Reunited
Catch Ups
Letters
Trying to Understand
Healer
New styles and stories
Draco
Our Song
The Tree
The prick arrived
Letters
Vulgar Talk
Three Letters
A Letters Request
Lagos
Wren
Home Truths
The Real Teeny
Prick!
Sorting Out Our Issues
More truths
What Ifs
Supermarket
Spice Men
Good Ole Dad
What Needed To Be Said
Christmas Past
Christmas Presents
Castle Escape
Sunrise
Unexpected Meetings
Gifts
Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
Getting To Know You
Reunion
New Years Eve
Party Prep
Happy New Year!
Minister Visit
St. Mungo's
Plot Twist
Planning
January Blues
New Term
Hospital Wing
Bleeding
Theory
Burn
The Tower
You Heard Me
Pain!
Read My Mind
Trouble Finding Me
Appeal
Fucking Creep
Imperious Curse
Are They Always Like This?
The Answer?
Lucius Malfoy
A Book
To your health
Getting Organised
Blackmail
Toothache
First Year
Kissing
Theodore
Bolting
Heart to Heart
Round Two
A Trip Down Memory Lane
A Trip Down Memory Lane - part II
The Tape
Lestrange
Celebrating
Unusual Proposal
Buddy Session
Future Plans
Epilogue 1
Epilogue 2

Bed Rest

9 1 0
Von Caffinated_Mama

"Draco it's alright love. I -" I gasped.

"It most certainly is NOT alright. Are you ok? What happened? What -"

"Miss Diggory just needs a few machines to keep an eye on her." One male healer said.

"Oh right well...who are you?"

"Apologies Mr Malfoy, I am Healer Wattson. I am your mother's private examiner."

"Oh."

"Nicola asked us to bring these machines here to monitor Miss Diggory more closely."

"Realyn, Healer Wattson. My name is Raelyn."

"And my name is Norman." He smiled, then turned to Draco again to explain. "This machine here, gives oxygen to Raelyn to help her breath. She won't always need it, it's just here in case she does." He then pointed out the one sticking in the back of my hand. "This one here is hooked up to this bag and the liquid is a drip of morphine - pain relief. It's a muggle remedy but it is very effective and means she doesn't have to take so many vials."

"Thank Merlin, they were giving me a stomach ache."

"Thank you Healer Wattson." Draco shook his hand.

"Norman, please Mr Malfoy."

"And I'm Draco." He smiled.

"This one," Nicola said attaching the last sticker. "This monitors your heart rate for me. The beeping, you will get used to. And this one just keeps check of your other vitals."

"So basically I can't move?"

"No, you can. Look this stand holds your drugs and has wheels so you can make it to the bathroom and back. But other than that you are on bed rest. Remember?" Nicola smirked. 

"Damn it," I sulked and held the mask back up, taking one last gulp of air (not that I really needed it now) and placed it back on the little holder Nicola pointed out. 

"I can monitor you from St. Mungo's if needs be. It will only be a day or two as the guys downstairs think they are on the home stretch."

"Have they looked into the possible side effects?" Another Healer who introduced himself to be Healer Llyods asked. 

"I am not sure," Nicola admitted. 

"Why don't we go and see?" The final Healer, Erin Hagan smiled as the four medical professionals left the room. 

"You - rest," Nicola said pointing to me. "I will be back." 

When she closed the door, Azaleah sat on the chaise at the edge of the bed and Draco sat on his usual side.

"How are you feeling?" Draco asked. 

"Like a Christmas turkey. I have been poked, prodded, injected and stuffed."

Azaleah snorted and I stuck my tongue out at her. "Tell Draco what happened?"

"Quiet you!"

"No! Tell me what happened. Azaleah?"

She suddenly looked nervous. Draco may have changed for the better but he still had his scary looks for such times as he needed them. Like right now. 

"Rae panicked and she began gasping for air and chocking and Nicola had to stick her a needle in her arm."

Draco head whipped around to me so fast I swear I saw his eyes jiggle. 

"I am fine. Actually whatever she gave me to calm me has made me feel very relaxed. I like that stuff. Maybe she should give you some?" I wiggled my eyebrows at him. 

"You're funny," he groaned. "Why didn't you come and get me?"

"Well I was a little busy - trying to breathe and Nicola and Azaleah were trying to help me."

"I am sorry I wasn't here. I should have been."

"Not at all. I am fine now.. Great actually. How are they getting on?"

"Professor Slughorn is in his element. Those other guys are hanging on his every word. He keeps harping on about all the famous people he knows. But on the plus side, Nicola was right. They said they just need to bring it to a boil, stir it for a few more hours, add the boomslang and dragon saliva and then leave it under the moon for a night."

"Dragon saliva?" I asked, slightly alarmed. "Do I have to drink this charming shit?"

"Em...I assume so. I actually don't know that part." He admitted. 

"I look forward to that. Maybe if it doesn't cure me, it might at least kill me faster."

"Oi! That is not funny!" Azaleah sulked. 

I groaned. It was a little funny. "I am bored," I moaned. 

"Already?" Draco laughed and kissed my head. 

"Oh I know....can we read?" I said smiling looking from Draco to Azaleah.

"We can do whatever you want," Draco smiled. 

"Well for what I really want, we would have to get rid of Az...and our clothes." I winked at him. He blushed but smiled and squeezed my hand. 

Clearly he would like the same thing! Stupid cock blocking curse!

"Gross!" Azaleah made a vomiting sound. "I think I am going to be sick!" 

Draco and I both laughed. "Like you wouldn't be humping Theo if he were here."

"Yeah but he isn't and Theo and I always make sure we are alone."

"Too bad you and Theo don't always make sure to sound proof the room," I laughed.

Her face drained of colour. "We...I mean did we not....Oh Merlin!" She buried her face in her hands. 

"At least you both sounded like you were having fun," Draco offered but this embarrassed her even more. 

"Ground swallow me now."

"I am sure Draco and I make just as much noise."

"Yes we fucking do," Draco praised.

"Yeah but I don't hear it!"

"It was only the one time," I reassured her. 

"Actually three times. But who is counting," Draco laughed. "Would it make you feel better if I shagged Rae without the silencing charm? Then we would be even."

"You two are not helping my embarrassment." She groaned. 

"The role play one was my favourite," Draco teased her. She nearly fell off the chaise. "What was it Rae? Theo was the Potions Professor and Azaleah gave him a love potion?" 

"Yeah and then they did it against the dresser pretending it was the classroom desk. Or when he spanked her forgetting her homework. I have to say Az your attention to detail is first class."

"Yeah you definitely deserved your Outstanding in that subject," Draco added.

"Oh Merlin! I want to die," Azaleah screeched. 

"Do you wear his school robes to really get into character?" I asked.

Draco and I were in hysterics from laughing so hard. I needed the mask for air after that one. 

"I hate you both!" She cried using her arms to hide her face. She didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

"Hey a healthy sex life is very important." Draco said in her defence. "It's the key to a happy relationship. Believe me, I should know."

"So you have a healthy sex life?" Azaleah smirked. 

"Abso-fucking-lutely! That is one thing you will NEVER hear me complain about. This little minx is incredible."

"Alright enough sex talk. I am sure Theo's ears are burning in the other room." I laughed

"Ok, ok. So story time?" Draco asked.

"Azaleah, are you staying?"

She smiled. "Do you want me to?"

"Always," I squeezed her hand. "It's not a real storytime without you."

"You know I don't know anyone else that ever does this." Azaleah smirked. 

"How did it start?" Draco asked as he browsed the shelf for the right book. 

"It's something my mother always did. We would sit under the tree in the garden and she would read to me. Usually it was when my dad took Cedric away for ice-cream or for trips to work. Then when I came to school, I would sit under the tree and read all the time."

"Even in the snow. Took me ages to find out Cedric had charmed her coat to keep her toasty and warm." Azaleah laughed. 

"It was a real comfort to me. Then when I met Azaleah and Teeny they would come out and join me. I don't think Teeny liked it too much to begin with but she got used to it."

"I was fascinated. Raelyn was reading muggle books. I wasn't allowed anything muggle related growing up so it felt rebellious to read them. And they were good too. I remember reading The Catcher in the Rye and Pride and Prejudice and falling in love." Azaleah smiled at the memory. 

"So it became our thing. We would take it turns to read to each other. Sometimes Cedric and the boys would sit with us too. We read both muggle and magical books. Then we would talk about them and make a list of our favourites."

"You and I, Rae both had very similar tastes and always liked the same books."

"It was like a safe haven for us. A time when we could forget about all the drama happening in the school and escape to our own little world."

"Theo tried to read to me after I got the mark. But it was never the same. I didn't have you or Teeny and even my usual books couldn't comfort me."

"Well now we have plenty of time. Especially since I am being held captive in this room until further notice," I groaned. Draco and Azaleah both rolled their eyes. And I sulked. 

"So what are we going to read this evening? Little Women?" Draco asked holding up the book.

"What else?" Both Azaleah and I replied. 

I pushed myself (with great difficulty) into the middle of the bed and opened the blanket. Draco and Azaleah moved so they were at either side of me. I took a gulp of air as I settled down to a comfortable position. 

"How about Azaleah and I take it in turns to read. A chapter each?" Draco offered. 

"Sounds good to me," Azaleah said as she slid her arm through mine. 

Draco opened the book and held my other hand in his free one. "Ok Chapter one -"

The door to the room opened and Theo stepped in. "Have you guys seen Az- wait, are you having reading time without me?" He sulked. 

Then he noticed Azaleah....and then the machines. "WHAT THE FUCK? How long was that film?" He asked looking at the three of us. 

Blaise and Pansy came running into the room. "What's wrong?" Blaise asked. 

"Who do I need to kill?" Pansy shrieked. 

They both looked from us to the machines and their mouths hung open. They were both about to ask so Draco quickly explained the situation from the bed rest to what each machine does. For a while no one said anything. Pansy looked like she might cry. Theo too. Blaise kept clearing his throat. 

"And to top it all off, these bastards were about to have reading time without me," Theo sulked again. 

"Reading what?" Blaise looked very confused. 

"Reading time. When it was me and the girls, we would always spend free afternoons under the large oak tree at Hogwarts either reading out loud or just watching Rae paint or listen to music. It became one of my favourite past times. And these guys were about to have one and not include me."

"Or me," Pansy added. 

"So what are we reading?" Blaise said. He sat at the bottom of the bed and lifted Pansy placing her over his knees and wrapped his arms around her and the blankets over them both. Theo jumped in the other side of him and snuggled down. 

"Little Women," Draco explained. 

"Little as in dwarfs?" Blaise gasped.

"No doofus. It's Rae's favourite book." Pansy said.

"But they aren't little?" 

"No," Theo explained. "Well they are...as in they are young women. Teenagers actually. Well all but Amy but she -"

"If you let Draco read we will find out." Pansy said. "Now shut up! I want to hear."

And so began a new tradition with my forged family. The Slytherins who captured my heart and my Azaleah.

Whatever happened next, I could cope so long as I had these guys by my side.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

527K 8.1K 83
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
3.6M 62.3K 79
Throughout the last thousand years of being a vampire, everyone always thought that Niklaus Mikaelson was merciless, heartless. What they don't know...
7.4K 140 11
Modern vikings "I don't regret anything, and I would approach and talk to you in that bar again without a doubt, because you made me really happy for...
4.8K 199 7
Kagome and Kikyo are betrayed by Inuyasha when Kagome catches the man mating with a feline demon. This, in turn, makes the two priestesses' grieve fo...