The Buddy System. *Complet...

By Caffinated_Mama

Back to Hogwarts, Raelyn felt like she was starting all over again. No family, no friends. She was destined t... More

Cast Ideas
Return to Hogwarts
Conversing with Snakes
The Buddy System
Can't Sleep
Potions Class
Classroom antics
Meeting Her
An Unexpected Meet Up
Painting
The Broom Cupboard
Knowing You Better
WOW
Getting Out
While I was sleeping
The Makeover
Apologies
Opening Up
Kissing
Flashback
Hanging with Snakes
The Battle talk
The Date - prt 1
The Date - prt 2
Meetings & Greetings
Leap of Faith?
The Memory
Dean Thomas
Initiations to the Snake Club
Morning After
Like Old Times
Seeing Stars
Azkaban
Dancing
Dearest Azaleah
Dancing in the rain
Breakfast
Shopping
Lucas
Love and War
Quidditch
Hexing & Humour
The Party
News
Packing
Preparations for Arrival
Reunited
Catch Ups
Letters
Trying to Understand
Healer
New styles and stories
Draco
Our Song
The Tree
The prick arrived
Letters
Vulgar Talk
Three Letters
A Letters Request
Lagos
Wren
Home Truths
The Real Teeny
Prick!
Sorting Out Our Issues
More truths
What Ifs
Supermarket
Spice Men
Good Ole Dad
What Needed To Be Said
Christmas Past
Christmas Presents
Castle Escape
Sunrise
Unexpected Meetings
Gifts
Getting To Know You
Reunion
New Years Eve
Party Prep
Happy New Year!
Minister Visit
St. Mungo's
Plot Twist
Planning
January Blues
New Term
Hospital Wing
Bleeding
Theory
Burn
The Tower
You Heard Me
Pain!
Read My Mind
Trouble Finding Me
Appeal
Fucking Creep
Imperious Curse
Are They Always Like This?
The Answer?
Lucius Malfoy
A Book
To your health
Getting Organised
Blackmail
Toothache
First Year
Kissing
Theodore
Bed Rest
Bolting
Heart to Heart
Round Two
A Trip Down Memory Lane
A Trip Down Memory Lane - part II
The Tape
Lestrange
Celebrating
Unusual Proposal
Buddy Session
Future Plans
Epilogue 1
Epilogue 2

Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

11 1 0
By Caffinated_Mama

Trixie outdid herself with the food for Christmas dinner. I was so full I felt like I was about 15 months pregnant. But that didn't stop me from helping myself to lemon meringue pie and ice cream for dessert.

Or having a second helping of each either.

Then Draco and I collapsed on the sofa as Narcissa and Andromeda took Teddy up for a nap. Azaleah and Theo had went for a walk in the garden.

For the past few weeks I had been feeling off. I couldn't out my finger on it I was always tried and the headaches and nausea were terrible.

I had taken to lying down in the afternoons or lying on the sofa and today was no different.

I usually felt OK after a few minutes.

"Thank you doll for the broom. It is truly amazing. How did you know exactly what I wanted?" He reached across and pulled me over so I was lying across his chest.

"You have only mentioned it about 50 times this month." I laughed as he tickled me.

"And the present last night?" I didn't have to look up to know he was smirking.

"That was Pansy's idea. She said it was sort of a...fantasy of yours. But one you admitted you hadn't found the right girl to do it with."

"Well I definitely have now. That was still the best present I ever got. Remind me to thank Pansy for suggesting it."

He was rubbing circles on my back, slowly and it was making my eyelids grow heavy. If he kept that up I would be asleep within minutes.

Thankfully Narcissa came into the room at the moment. "Draco I- oh he is asleep," she whispered but smiled.

"Is he? I better get up and let him rest." I tried to move to give him the couch but as I did he pulled me closer to him and hugged me tightly burying his face in my neck and gave a peaceful sigh.

"Eh..I take it I am staying put." I smiled.

"He looks so peaceful," she said as he tilted her head to look at him. "All I ever wanted for Draco was the best. He was right earlier, he was spoilt beyond belief. I thought that buying him possessions, it would make up for his father and how he didn't seem to care much. I have no idea why."

"Lucius...well I know he was wrong in his beliefs. He knows it too believe it or not. But he was always a charming husband. Attentive and loving. He never had any other women even though most of his colleagues and friends did. He loved me. I know he did. And I believe somewhere deep down he loved Draco. There must be some good in him Somewhere."

I held out my hand for Narcissa to take and when she did I pulled her over so she was sitting on the couch with us.

"Do you remember the vials that Lucius made you and Draco drink at the beginning of the battle?" I asked.

"Yes...it was strengthening solution for something."

"No it wasn't. It was Liquid Luck that I had brewed. He had been told to destroy it but not before he took a vial for each of you. To give you the best chance at survival. Narcissa he only took two vials. He didn't take a third."

"He didn't?" She gasped as I shook my head.

"He clearly loved you both. Very much. Enough to risk his own life to save yours."

"I wish Draco knew this. I wish he would listen when I tell him his father loves him."

"He knows. He does. He is just angry right now and it is blinding his vision. He will come around. Don't give up on them just yet." I squeezed her hand.

"You know I always wanted another baby. I wanted a little girl. Someone I could talk to and cuddle and shop and have tea with. Someone just like you Raelyn."

"Well you have me now and I am always here for you."

"I couldn't have chosen a better match for my son if I held interviews and auditions with the whole of the UK. You are an angel. A star, my dear. Your mother would be so immensely proud of you."

"I hope so." I smiled. I really did hope so. I tried to live my live with love and kindness instead of hatred and bitterness.

It would be easy to be bitter. To seek revenge on those who hurt my brother and my mom. To hunt them down and make them feel the way I felt. But then I would be no better than them. Happier maybe but no better.

"I know she would be. I have only known you a short time and I am immensely proud of you. You are remarkable."

"Well it helps to have inspiring women like you, Andromeda, Mrs Weasley and Azaleah in my life. I am lucky."

"No my dear, we are lucky." She smiled again as Theo came bursting through the front door.

"It would freeze the balls off a brass monkey out there!" He whined from the hallway.

Trixie popped into the room at that moment and with a click of her fingers, lit the fire. The crackling a popping of the wood was a soothing sound.

No one even spoke. Theo and Azaleah came into the room and curled up on the sofa as Andromeda came into the room and sat on the armchair by the fire. Narcissa settled herself on the sofa and pulled Draco and my legs so they were resting over her thighs.

It was relaxing.

"Rae, sing us a song." Theo spoke up.

"What? No! You do not want to hear me sing." I groaned. I was mortified. I didn't sing in public. I sung in the shower...less criticism - unless you count the birds outside.

"Oh yes please Rae! She has a beautiful voice," Azaleah said to the two sisters.

"I remember," Andromeda smiled.

"Well I haven't heard you...please Raelyn dear?"

I rolled my eyes. "Fine." I groaned.

"Good! A Christmas one." Theo suggested.

So I sang:

"Have yourself a merry little Christmas,

Let your heart be light
From now on,
our troubles will be out of sight

Have yourself a merry little Christmas,
Make the Yule-tide gay,
From now on,
our troubles will be miles away.

Here we are as in olden days,
Happy golden days of yore.
Faithful friends who are dear to us
Gather near to us once more.

Through the years
We all will be together,
If the Fates allow
Hang a shining star upon the highest bough.

And have yourself A merry little Christmas now."

There was a round of applause from everyone in the room as I felt my cheeks burst into flames. Then the arms around my waist grew tighter and Draco kissed the top of my head.

I looked up to him. "Did I wake you? I am sorry."

"For that? Never be sorry for that. You sing beautifully my love," he kissed the top of my head again.

"That is one of my favourite Christmas songs!" Azaleah smiled.

"We will have to watch the movie it is from later when the boys are away," I winked at her.

"Speaking of which," Narcissa said yawning slightly. "We better be heading Draco. I don't want to leave it any longer as it is due to snow more this evening."

"Hmm...oh yeah...off to see father." He groaned.

We stood up and I was overcome with a dizzy feeling. I could feel my legs give way beneath me but there wasn't much I could do but clench and brace for impact as I was sure to hit the floor and maybe even the coffee table.

But I didn't. "Woah love, are you ok?" Draco gasped as he lowered me onto the couch.

"Just stood up way too fast is all," I assured him. I waited a minute before standing again. Successfully this time. Draco kept his hand around my waist just in case.

"Narcissa that present there, the black box and gold ribbon? That is a present for Lucius."

Narcissa froze halfway to lifting the gift. "For Lucius?"

"Yeah. I bought it the other day in town. I put Draco's name on it as I don't know if he knows about me."

She smiled and picked up the present putting it in her bag. "He knows. Maybe not who you are but he knows that his son is dating someone. Someone that I am very fond of and someone his son loves."

"Oh he does?" I asked.

"Yes he does. I will let Draco tell him the rest. Thank you Raelyn. It is a lovely gesture."

I turned to Draco who was putting on his cloak, still watching me to see if I was ok. Truth was I was still feeling dizzy but I hid it well so I didnt worry him.

"Too nice for your own good you know," he mumbled.

I pulled the coat around him and pulled him to me, kissing him. "Don't pout love. Sooner you go the sooner you are back."

He smiled at that and hugged me.

"Yeah I best be off too. My gran will be sending the house elf to come and lo-" Theo starred but he didn't even get to finsh his sentence as there was a pop and a house elf appeared.

"Mast...Master Theo," the elf bowed. "Mrs Nott... ha.... has... as... aked... Gil...to..to...to ...fetch you," he bowed again.

"See, I told you. Ok, Gil tell her I will be with her momentarily." He smiled as the house elf disappeared again. "Crazy old goat!" He groaned as he turned to Azaleah.

Draco and I headed into the hallway to give them some privacy.

"Will you be back tonight?" I asked as I wrapped his scarf around him.

"I really don't know love. I want to spend some time with my mother and -"

I covered his mouth with my hand. "I was only curious. Don't worry. You don't have to spend the whole holiday here. Of course you want to be alone with her."

He sighed as I removed my hand. "You don't mind?"

"Not at all. Just let me know if you are planning on coming back before the end of the holidays."

"What?" He asked.

"Em...what?"
_______________________

DRACO POV

Did she really think I didn't want to spend my time here? That I would rather be at that bloody Malfoy forsaken Manor than here, where I feel most at home?"

"I just meant that you can let me know. We have Blaise and Pansy coming over next week and I've asked Hermione to start studying with Az ASAP."

"So you don't want me here?" It sounded wrong even saying it.

"What? Of course not. Draco if I had my way you would never leave my side. But your mother is heading home and I know you want to spend some time alone with her."

She looked horrified by my outburst so much so that I immediately felt guilty.

"Sorry love....I- well I have no clue what I was thinking. I will be back in a day or two I would say."

"I really didn't mean that I didn't want you here. I just know you need to spend time with your mother as well as here so I assumed you would be spending only half the holiday with me or something. I didn't mean to upset you."

I smiled at her. Now I felt really guilty. "No love I'm sorry. I didn't mean to snap. I guess I'm a little on edge about visiting...him. I know you meant nothing by it."

"Ok, good. Well I will miss you," she leaned in and hugged me as I squeezed her back.

"And I will miss you. My star. My everything."

I moved a stray strand of hair out of her way as my mother stepped into the hallway.

"Raelyn, thank you for letting us spend Christmas with you. It was simply perfect. And I will get Draco back to you in one piece," she smiled as she hugged Raelyn.

"I wouldn't ask for anything else. Thank you for coming for Christmas. I know it meant a lot to Azaleah and I."

Theo joined us with a sulking Azaleah by his side. She dropped his hand and made her way over to Raelyn who wrapped my arms around her.

Both girls looked miserable. They both gave one last wave.

Time to go and see the son of a bitch I happen to call father.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

406K 9.3K 76
Her name is Sarah Johnson. She's an ordinary girl from Boston, but after years of moving around USA with family, she lives in Washington. One day on...
5.3K 919 24
{Editing} ~Goktug Love story~ Daughter of Tekfur Thomas was very humble and amiable. She was a youthful, admirable women which many men adore. Elenor...
47.6K 902 28
Kayla and Destiny Fairchild are Clary Fray's older sister and they are twins. When Kayla and Destiny were 12 their father Valentine Morgenstern kidna...
34.6K 689 11
"I was an elite soldier in the vampire army all around the world, a Death Dealer. And I was good at it. We had hide Eve, a pure blood hybrid whose bl...