The Buddy System. *Complet...

By Caffinated_Mama

Back to Hogwarts, Raelyn felt like she was starting all over again. No family, no friends. She was destined t... More

Cast Ideas
Return to Hogwarts
Conversing with Snakes
The Buddy System
Can't Sleep
Potions Class
Classroom antics
Meeting Her
An Unexpected Meet Up
Painting
The Broom Cupboard
Knowing You Better
WOW
Getting Out
While I was sleeping
The Makeover
Apologies
Opening Up
Kissing
Flashback
Hanging with Snakes
The Battle talk
The Date - prt 1
The Date - prt 2
Meetings & Greetings
Leap of Faith?
The Memory
Dean Thomas
Initiations to the Snake Club
Morning After
Like Old Times
Seeing Stars
Azkaban
Dancing
Dearest Azaleah
Dancing in the rain
Breakfast
Shopping
Lucas
Love and War
Quidditch
Hexing & Humour
The Party
News
Packing
Preparations for Arrival
Reunited
Catch Ups
Letters
Trying to Understand
Healer
New styles and stories
Draco
Our Song
The Tree
The prick arrived
Letters
Vulgar Talk
Three Letters
A Letters Request
Lagos
Wren
Home Truths
The Real Teeny
Sorting Out Our Issues
More truths
What Ifs
Supermarket
Spice Men
Good Ole Dad
What Needed To Be Said
Christmas Past
Christmas Presents
Castle Escape
Sunrise
Unexpected Meetings
Gifts
Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
Getting To Know You
Reunion
New Years Eve
Party Prep
Happy New Year!
Minister Visit
St. Mungo's
Plot Twist
Planning
January Blues
New Term
Hospital Wing
Bleeding
Theory
Burn
The Tower
You Heard Me
Pain!
Read My Mind
Trouble Finding Me
Appeal
Fucking Creep
Imperious Curse
Are They Always Like This?
The Answer?
Lucius Malfoy
A Book
To your health
Getting Organised
Blackmail
Toothache
First Year
Kissing
Theodore
Bed Rest
Bolting
Heart to Heart
Round Two
A Trip Down Memory Lane
A Trip Down Memory Lane - part II
The Tape
Lestrange
Celebrating
Unusual Proposal
Buddy Session
Future Plans
Epilogue 1
Epilogue 2

Prick!

19 1 0
By Caffinated_Mama

"Rae?" Azaleah asked as I detached myself from Draco and dusted myself down.

She always could know when I wasn't myself.

"Hey sweets. I got your shopping. It's up in my room."

I didn't think I could do through everything again. It was still too raw.

"What's wrong?"

Damn it!

"It's a long story Az. And I'm not feeling great. I'm totally drained as well."

I leaned on Draco's shoulder. Just as Lucas came into the room followed by Theo.

"Hey baby," Lucas smiled and my stomach turned. "I missed you. How was Wren?"

"Not now Lucas." I groaned.

He sulked. But didnt press the issue.

"You know I would have decked him by now. Only reason why I haven't is because I don't want to upset you." Draco said. He didn't say it quietly either. Azaleah and Theo laughed as Lucas scowled.

Draco leaned in and kissed me.

"Can you not do that around me?" Lucas groaned.

"Well then leave," Draco smirked and kissed me again.

"Seriously why are you still here? Another guard arrived about 15 minutes ago." Theo asked.

Lucas rolled his eyes.

"Someone else is here?"

"A Mrs Hobkirk. She is currently in the kitchen baking. She believes the cure for everything is baked goods." Theo smiled. "I like her a lot."

I laughed as Lucas stepped forward. "I was about to leave but I wanted to wait to see you. Can we talk Raelyn?"

"Talk," I shrugged at him. "I'm listening."

"In private."

"Why Lucas?" I crossed my arms.

"Please it will only take a minute."

I looked to Draco who simply smiled at me and went to sit next to Azaleah. Theo ventured back into the kitchen in search of food my guess was.

"Fine you have a minute." I followed him out into the hallway. I thought he would stop there but he kept walking, outside.

Half way down the garden he stopped. And I stopped about 6 feet from him. I wasn't sure what he was doing. He was breathing heavy.

Then he turned to me. I took a step back. He had a weird expression on his face.

In two long strides he was in front of me and he cupped my face in his hands and pulled me to him kissing me.

It didn't event take a millisecond for my body to react. And not in the way he would have liked.

I pushed him off me and slapped his face.

"You slimy, arrogant son of a bitch!" I pulled my wand out of my back pocket. I wasnt even sure which spell I shot at him but whatever it was, by the time Theo and Draco ran outside Lucas was on his back gasping.

When he sat up, both boys took one look at him and burst out laughing.

Turns out I have given the pig a snout. Well it matched his personality.

"What happened?" Azaleah gasped as she ran behind the boys.

"We have no idea. We heard Rae shouting and came outside -"

"This prick kissed me!"

"HE WHAT?" Theo and Draco shouted. 

"You tried to kiss her? After what Theo and I said to you?" Azaleah shouted.

"She needs to see if she feels anything for me. I would be good for her. I would treat her better, I can give her a family and a life. I don't live off my daddy's money. I make my own way. I never ever even for a second thought about joining the Death Eaters."

Draco didn't say anything. He just hung his head.

—————————————————————————-

DRACO POV

There wasn't much point in arguing with him. He was right. 

Not about being better for her. One thing I do over and over again is underestimate her and I don't plan to do that again. She can make up her own mind about she wants to be with.

But he was right about all the bad things he said about me. I am who I am. I made an awful decision and I tried to make up for it after it was too late. 

I wasn't a good person. I wasn't as amazing a person as Raelyn so it doesn't make sense for her to be in love with me. 

But she was. And as long as she was I would fight tooth and nail to keep it that way.

"I don't need to know about other options," she snapped. I didn't lift my head but she came around to my side and slipped her hand into mine.

And my heart screamed in delight.

"I don't care about other options. I am with Draco. I love Draco and I don't care about anyone else. He is and always will be my number one choice."

She gave my hand a squeeze.

"He is no good for you." It was hard to take him seriously with a pig snout.

"And you are?"

"It's obvious!"

"Really? Because from what I have been told you are the last person I should be with. You sleep with women when you get the urge. You chase women, especially taken women and when you get them into bed you are no longer interested."

"I don't. That's a lie!"

"I have more than one source on this. My own brother told you to stay away from me."

"Cedric would be happy to know that we have feelings for each other."

Was I allowed to punch him?

"But we don't. They are one sided. I don't have feelings for you Lucas. Get that through your thick skull!"

She went to turn around but spun back to face him. "And for the record Draco is 10 times the man you will ever be. He would never go after a taken woman and he sure as hell wouldn't treat them like you do."

I raised my eyebrows. Actually 4th-6th year that exactly what I would have done. But not anymore. I was an ass back then.

"Well not anymore he wouldn't," she corrected.

Can she read my mind? 

"Am I interrupting something?" 

Everyone turned to see the Minister for Magic at the garden gate.

"Not at all sir we were-"

"I would like him removed from Azaleah's care. He is not interested in her. He is only here so he can make passes at me and I am very uncomfortable with it." Raelyn said squaring her shoulders.

Lucas laughed. "She is lying sir. She has a crush on me. Just now she made a pass at me and when her boyfriend almost caught her she turned the tables on me. She can't help how she feels. But I think I am helping Miss Matthews. I think I should stay. If anything I would like to increase my visits so I am here more often."

Alright time to speak up. "Sir that is not the truth. I have complete faith in Raelyn and she would not lie. She also would not do what he is accusing her of."

Surprisingly the Minister took two steps towards me and placed and hand on my shoulder. "Oh I whole heartedly agree Mr Malfoy. And -what happened to your face?" He looked like he was trying not to laugh.

That I was not expecting.

"What? You are going to listen to him. Of course he is going to defend her. She's sleeping with him. And he did this to my nose."

"You've got about 2 seconds to shut your mouth." Theo warned.

"Oh go on. Hit me. Please hit me. I'd love the council to see how violent Azaleahs partner is. Maybe then I can have both girls to myself. So go on hit me. Please hit me. I'm begging you -"

So I punched him. Square in the jaw. I hit him and he hit the ground.

I stood over him smiling. Raelyn was smiling. Theo and Azaleah laughed. Even the Minister smirked.

"Did you see that? He hit me. Oh I can't wait to tell everyone. He hit me. Am I bleeding? I hope I am. Did you see him hit me sir."

"I did see that."

"I know you did. I -"

"But I also seen you ask him to. Actually I saw you beg him to. So he just did exactly what you asked of him."

Lucas looked awe struck. He looked from me to Shacklebolt, to Raelyn. 

It killed me when he looked at her. Every time he looked at her. He seemed so bloody normal when I first met him. Yes he had a crush on Raelyn but so did I at the time so I could hardly blame him. But the way he looks at her. Like she is some property to be claimed. That pisses me off. 

And from what we now know it's not just her. Azaleah too plus many more women I don't know. 

He is like a predator.

"You can't be serious sir," Lucas gasped.

"What you don't know is that this place has been rigged with security since Miss Azaleahs stay. Including these muggle inventions called cameras at the exists and entrances. I wonder," Shacklebolt rubbed his chin. "If I was to check the footage, would I see your side of the story or hers?"

"What's a cam-er-ath?" Theo asked.

"Like a moving picture only it lasts longer than a few minutes. Very handy little things I think." Azaleah said smugly.

—————————————————

RAELYN POV

Lucas looked horrified. "I...I...well I mean..."

Kingsley just smiled. "I see. Well Lucas I think you and I need to have a little chat. Raelyn can I use your office?"

"Of course sir." I smiled.

"This won't take long." He winked at me and gestured for Lucas to move into the house.

I turned to Draco who wrapped his arms around me. "You ok?" He whispered.

I hadn't realised that I was crying. Not until he wiped a tear off my cheek. The guilt that seemed to be consuming me suddenly took full effect and I could feel myself gasping for breath. "Draco I am so sorry." 

He looked shocked by my outburst. I knew I probably sounded crazy  it I had to get my point across to him. 

"I just. I couldn't stop him. I mean, I didn't know what he was about to do. I should have been more alert. I should have done more. I should never have let it happen. I shouldn't have went outside with him. I can't believe I did. I'm so-"

He cut me off by kissing me. 

And it bloody worked.

He held onto my face as he leaned back. "Sorry but you were going off in a rant."

"Uh...thanks." I smiled.

"I do NOT blame you for anything. I mean you gave him a pig nose. I love you for that. He should not have done that to you. He shouldn't have put you in that position, he shouldn't have taken advantage of you and he bloody should not have said those things about you or Az."

"You don't hate me?"

"I could never hate you. And after you defended me like that? If anything I love you more." He leaned in again and kissed me. 

One thing about Draco I never would have guessed was his affection. He doesn't shy away from public displays. He always seems to be hugging me or holding me. I used to see people and their PDA and I cringed. But I was a hypocrite. I didn't know how it felt. 

And now? I bloody love it. The fact that he is open about how he feels. He isn't afraid to tell the world be loves me.

That means more to me than anything.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.9K 1.6K 41
"We are two different person that live in a very different world" Jessica Jordan or best known as Jess Jordan, the music sensation all over the world...
1.3M 56.2K 103
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
3.6M 62.3K 79
Throughout the last thousand years of being a vampire, everyone always thought that Niklaus Mikaelson was merciless, heartless. What they don't know...
4K 102 22
Daughter of Damon and Elena, Stefanie Salvatore 16, is half human and half vampire and has been since the day she was born. Damon and Elena are certa...