The Buddy System. *Complet...

By Caffinated_Mama

Back to Hogwarts, Raelyn felt like she was starting all over again. No family, no friends. She was destined t... More

Cast Ideas
Return to Hogwarts
Conversing with Snakes
The Buddy System
Can't Sleep
Potions Class
Classroom antics
Meeting Her
An Unexpected Meet Up
Painting
The Broom Cupboard
Knowing You Better
WOW
Getting Out
While I was sleeping
The Makeover
Apologies
Opening Up
Kissing
Flashback
Hanging with Snakes
The Battle talk
The Date - prt 1
The Date - prt 2
Meetings & Greetings
Leap of Faith?
The Memory
Dean Thomas
Initiations to the Snake Club
Morning After
Like Old Times
Seeing Stars
Azkaban
Dancing
Dearest Azaleah
Dancing in the rain
Breakfast
Shopping
Lucas
Love and War
Quidditch
Hexing & Humour
The Party
News
Packing
Preparations for Arrival
Reunited
Catch Ups
Letters
Trying to Understand
Healer
New styles and stories
Draco
Our Song
The Tree
The prick arrived
Letters
Vulgar Talk
Three Letters
A Letters Request
Lagos
Home Truths
The Real Teeny
Prick!
Sorting Out Our Issues
More truths
What Ifs
Supermarket
Spice Men
Good Ole Dad
What Needed To Be Said
Christmas Past
Christmas Presents
Castle Escape
Sunrise
Unexpected Meetings
Gifts
Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
Getting To Know You
Reunion
New Years Eve
Party Prep
Happy New Year!
Minister Visit
St. Mungo's
Plot Twist
Planning
January Blues
New Term
Hospital Wing
Bleeding
Theory
Burn
The Tower
You Heard Me
Pain!
Read My Mind
Trouble Finding Me
Appeal
Fucking Creep
Imperious Curse
Are They Always Like This?
The Answer?
Lucius Malfoy
A Book
To your health
Getting Organised
Blackmail
Toothache
First Year
Kissing
Theodore
Bed Rest
Bolting
Heart to Heart
Round Two
A Trip Down Memory Lane
A Trip Down Memory Lane - part II
The Tape
Lestrange
Celebrating
Unusual Proposal
Buddy Session
Future Plans
Epilogue 1
Epilogue 2

Wren

28 2 0
By Caffinated_Mama

RAELYN POV

By the time we made it to Parkinson Manor I was a little apprehensive. I hadn't seen Wren since the night he kicked me out. It wasn't exactly a friendly or even civil split. 

I walked out the door that night, slamming it behind me with such force that it cracked the frame. I walked away and never looked back. 

With a split lip for my troubles.

And here I was, less than two years later, walking back towards him. Thankfully not at his apartment. That would be bloody awkward.

The one thing I noticed about Parkinson Manor is that it is was very regal looking. It's something straight from a Jane Austen novel.

Not as large as Malfoy Manor (from what I saw in photos) but it still had a very cold demeanour to it. 

It's not a place I would imagine bringing kids up in and yet I know that Pansy has lived here all her life. With her younger sister sister and older step-brother.

As we approached the end of the long driveway, we stupidly apparated to the bottom and walked (It was a looooooooonnnnnnnnnggggggg driveway) the front door flew open and Pansy came running out to greet us with Blaise on her heels. 

She wrapped an arm around each of us and squeezed. "It's lovely to see you. Wren said you might be stopping by. I've missed you Rae."

"I missed you too Pans."

I stepped back and hugged Blaise as well. "It's good to see you Rae," he smiled.

"And you sir. It's been too quiet without you." I winked at him as Pansy took my hand and led us inside.

"My family want to meet you. Is that ok?" Pansy asked shyly. "If not...I will tell them. I don't -"

"Pansy I would love to meet them."

She smiled and gave my hand a squeeze and then led us into a room to the right. It was a formal sitting room.

Pansys mother was standing by the fire with another man. Her mother was smiling as we entered. The man - well he looked uncomfortable. 

"Mother, Uncle Levi, this is Raelyn Diggory. Of course you already know Draco Malfoy, her boyfriend?"

Her uncle stepped forward and bowed slightly reaching out and taking my hand, kissing it. "It's so good to meet you. Any friends of Pansy are always welcome in this house."

"It's lovely to meet you too Mr -." 

"Parkinson. Pansy's father is my big brother."

Mrs Parkinson then stood up and pulled me into a hug. "I always wanted to meet the girl who turned by immature, sometimes bully of a son into the gentlemen he is now. It's so delightful to meet you at last."

"And you Mrs Parkinson." I smiled as she turned to greet and kiss Draco.

"Please, sit." Mr Parkinson gestured to the sofas just as the door to the drawing room burst open. A teenage girl came in. She had to be a out 16 years old at least. Although she looked much older.

"Ah Penelope. Come say hello to our guests. This is -"

"Draco Malfoy," she said dreamily. 

Even turned to look at her. Her mother and uncle with scowling looks. Pansy looked furious and a Blaise looked delighted. Draco looked confused.

"Uh...yes," Mr Parkinson said. "And this charming young girl is Raelyn Diggory."

"Uh huh." She muttered not taking her eyes off Draco.

She walked over and squeezed herself on the sofa. Right between Draco and myself. She had to shove me out of the way. "So what brings you here Draco?" She asked batting her eyelashes.

I tried my hardest not to laugh, pressing my bottom lip and biting down hard.

"I am...uh...here with my girlfriend...to see...um your brother."

"Oh I can keep you company while she talks to Wren," she put her hand on his thigh. Quite too high up for my liking. 

"No you won't!" Pansy snapped.

"Who asked you pug face?" She snapped at her sister.

"Nobody asked but I am telling you. Leave him alone. You are too young and he is too smart and NOT single."

Penelope shot her a nasty look. 

"Wren isn't back for a few minutes. Mum and Uncle Levi were just on their way out. Why don't we wait in my room?" Pansy offered. "Without the child." She added as Penelope made to move.

"That's a good idea. Have Chester make you tea." Mrs Parkinson added then turned to Penelope. "And you...get upstairs and study."

"But -" she started but her uncle cut her off.

"Your Christmas report came this morning while you were shopping. Your results were abysmal!" Mr Parkinson snapped.

"But uncle, mother," she batted her eyelashes at them. "Remember what we talked about this morning? I mean talk about a perfect opportunity." She gestured to Draco.

"Absolutely not!" Pansy snapped.

"I wasn't talking to you."

"Penelope stop. Pansy is right. I am not going to let you make a show of yourself. Besides you are too young for him." Mr Parkinson said.

"Him?" Blaise asked.

"Penelope overheard you, Pansy, Wren and I talking about arranged marriages. Pansy asked to choose her own. Well Penelope overheard and decided that she wanted Mr Malfoy here and asked me to have his mother over to discuss the price."

"What?" Came about 5 replies.

"Don't worry son. I assured her you are not interested in an arranged marriage and I would not be enquiring. In any case even if he was I probably couldn't afford it."

"Uh...thank you sir."

"She just has a little crush is all," Mrs Parkinson laughed.

"She has no bloody chance," Pansy laughed.

"Shut it Pug. You know nothing."

"I know he is in love with Rae. Right Draco."

"Yip. Sorry kiddo but this is my girl." He said as he pulled me into his arms.

"See," Mr Parkinson clapped his hands. "He is taken. He is older than you and I doubt he has the time or energy to deal with your bloody dramatics. You're too immature for someone like Mr Malfoy."

"Merlin uncle you are so embarrassing!" She squealed and ran from the room.

Pansy just guided us out of the too and upstairs, down the hall and around the corner. As we walked we could hear screams coming from the room at the end of the hallway. "Pen's room. She is such a brat. She has been talking about you Draco since you came to visit me in the summer. Obsessed with you."

"Who isn't?" He laughed.

"She was furious when I told her you were not single. She said it was my fault for not setting you up with the little psychopath."

"I'm glad you didn't." He laughed again.

I did feel sorry for her. I mean he was dreamy in his dark grey suit and crisp white shirt. He always dressed impeccable compared to me in my black floral dress and DM boots. 

Why does he like me again?

Then the door to the left opened. Wren stood there in black jeans and a black jumper with boots.

He looked a little rougher than I remembered him. More facial hair for one thing but it suited him I had to admit. 

"Hey you," he smiled awkwardly at me. 

"Hello Wren. It's been a minute." I smiled at him in a friendly way. There was no reason for us not to be civil to each other.

"It has." He rolled on his heels and shoved his hands into his pockets.

Pansy was trying her hardest not to laugh as the 5 of us stood in the hallway.

When I was beginning to secretly beg the ground to sallow me up she cleared her throat. "Let's go into the study. Its just in here."

She opened a large oval shaped door and motioned us through.

A large white marble fireplace was tonthe right of the room with a roaring fire. There were two sofas at either side of the fireplace. They were brown soft leather with two high back winged armchairs.

There was very glamorous gold and brown curtains hanging from the large windows and the opposite wall housed  book cases crammed with dusty books.

A very large ornate desk sat in front of the window.

Draco and I sat on one sofa and Blasie amd Pansy took another. Wren sat on the chair and rested one foot over the other knee.

"Thanks for agreeing to meet me Rae."
Wren tried to smile.

"Oh it's no problem. We had some last minute errands to run anyway and it's a good excuse to see these two." I winked at Pansy who beamed.

"I have to admit that I never saw you falling in with this crowd."

Pansy slapped his arm. "Hey! What's that supposed to mean?"

"Well I mean she is a Ravenclaw for starters not a Slytherin. You and your little group used to be very biased if you remember. Plus you were always so moody and grumpy."

"Was not!" Pansy sulked.

Wren just rolled his eyes. "You know you were which is why we never got on. But you've changed Pansy. You are more open and receptive of others feelings. You're no longer shy but actually pleasant to be around."

"Uh...well...thanks?" She seemed unsure.

"I assume its a little to do with Raelyn. She always was a good influence. Think you could spend some time with Penelope too?"

Everyone laughed.

"It's nothing to do with me actually. Since the war ended Pansy has been able to be herself. She realised that she is just as important as everyone else and we should all be treated the same."

"You really haven't changed," he chuckled and then turned to look at Draco. "And you won her heart."

It wasn't really a question but I found myself nodding and taking his hand. Blaise looked from one boy to the other as if trying to read the situation.

"You're a lucky guy. I can see from the look in her eyes that she is sincerely happy and that makes me happy. I am glad she has you. You actually seem to suit each other very well."

He leaned forward and offered Draco his hand which Draco shook.

"I love her." He simply answered.

"Only reason I'm not trying to win her back right now. I threw away the best thing to happen to me but she was right to leave me. I was a mess and if she had stayed with me she would have been miserable."

He looked down. "I wasn't a good boyfriend. I was lazy and arrogant and a mean drunk and I treated Raelyn horribly."

I went to respond but he raised a hand to me. "Don't defend me I was awful. You don't know that half of it."

He gave a sigh. "I believe that what is meant for us will work out. I can see now that you were meant to be with Draco. The better man won."

"Do I look like a prize in a competition?" I smirked.

"Doesn't matter." Draco said covering my mouth with his hand. "Shush I finally won something."

The boys laughed as I rolled my eyes. Wren leaned forward again.

"But now we have to talk about what happened."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 57.7K 95
On the twelfth hour of October 1st, 1989, 43 women gave birth. It was unusual as none of them had been pregnant since the first day they started. Sir...
190K 8.6K 107
In the vast and perilous world of One Piece, where the seas are teeming with pirates, marines, and untold mysteries, a young man is given a second ch...
2.2K 56 18
A harrowing case and horrific side effects shatter the BAU. Nearing the first year anniversary of that tragic event, the BAU has almost put themselve...
1M 33.8K 80
"π™Ύπš‘, πš•πš˜πš˜πš” 𝚊𝚝 πšπš‘πšŽπš–! πšƒπš πš˜ πš•πš’πšπšπš•πšŽ πš—πšžπš–πš‹πšŽπš› πšπš’πšŸπšŽπšœ! π™Έπš'𝚜 πš•πš’πš”πšŽ πšπš‘πšŽπš’'πš›πšŽ...πšπš˜πš™πš™πšŽπš•πšΓ€πš—πšπšŽπš›πšœ 𝚘𝚏 πšŽπšŠπšŒπš‘...