The Shy Girl Has a Gun

By makeandoffer

Faith Mitchell was never confident. She was happy to blend into the background, much to the protest of her fr... More

The Shy Girl Has a Gun.
The Shy Girl has a Gun...Chapter 2
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 3
The Shy Girl has a Gun...Chapter 4
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 5
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 6
The Shy Girl Has A Gun...Chapter 8
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 9
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 10
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 11
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 12
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 13
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 14
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 15
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 16
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 17
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 18
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 19
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 20
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 21
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 22
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 23
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 24
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 25
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 26
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 27
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 28
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 29
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 30
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 31
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 32
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 33
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 34
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 35
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 36
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 37
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 38
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 39
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 40
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 41
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 42
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 43
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 44
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 45
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 46
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 47
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 48 (THE END)
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...EPILOGUE

The Shy Girl Has A Gun...Chapter 7

1.1M 37.1K 8.6K
By makeandoffer

A/N: Hey guys, this chapter is probably the first one so far that has a lot of action in it, and i was really nervous about writing it because my knowledge of fighting and guns goes about as far as the Die Hard films, so please let me know what you think! Hope i didnt make it too sucky for you, and votes and comments are always appreciated ;)

Thank you for reading and enjoy!

==

JACE POV

“So I’m guessing you found the bugs then?” The blonde girl questions Dan and Freddie. They do not reply and just stare at both the man and woman with wary eyes.

Should I warn them that Dan has a gun?

“Right guys, you can come out from behind there and we can talk this out if you want?” The man, who is Chris I’m guessing from what the girl called him earlier, calls over to Dan and Freddie behind the counter, his tone sounding friendly.

I see Dan and Freddie glance at each other exchanging a look, then as quick as a flash they both stand to their feet pointing a gun at the man and woman, but not yet shooting. Where the hell did Freddie get a gun?! Why does Freddie have a gun?! I had known him for almost a year; he did not strike me as the gun wielding type! Chris had said something about drug dealers earlier but it didn’t quite register until now, was Freddie a drug dealer with a gun?!

I hear Chris sigh and shake his head “Why do they always have to go for the violent version of this story?” He asks dramatically to no one in particular. If it wasn’t for the fact that there were guns involved in this situation, I would laugh at the guy. He’s quite funny.

I hear a gunshot go off, and both Chris and the girl dive out of the way, the girl diving left and Chris diving right. Chris runs over to the counter faster that you could think was possible, places a hand on it and jumps over sending a kick to Dan’s face on the way down. They both continue fighting, the gun had been knocked out of Dan’s hand and they stumble into the stockroom and out of sight.

Naomi clutched onto my arm, squealing in fright. I had forgotten she was still there as I had been frozen to the spot on the floor in the corner of the shop, my eyes glued to the blonde girl who was stood on the tyre that customers used as seating. I saw a small smirk appear on her lips as Freddie pointed the gun at her again.

“Do you really need a gun to take me on Fredster?” She mocked. He clenched his jaw and pulled the trigger. I gasped waiting for the bullet to hit her, but to my utter shock as soon as the sound went off she had jumped into the air, grabbing hold of the hanging ceiling lights we had in the shop and completely avoiding the shot. She swung on the ceiling light, landing on her feet with easy right in front of Freddie and laying a punch in his face.

How she did that with heels on is beyond me.

She booted him straight in the stomach, sending him flying back towards the shelves, and with another kick the gun went flying out of his hand.

Freddie looked at her clenching his jaw in fury. He grabbed one of the heavy shoe shaped fixtures off the shelf, and swung it around aiming for the girls head. She quickly dodged it, thank god because if that hit her she would have been knocked unconscious or dead. He swung it around again, and she kept backing away avoiding every hit. She had backed straight up into the counter, and she looked around hastily for something to use against him before he swung one more time, hitting her for sure. Just before he could sway his arm forward again, she grabbed the cash register off the counter and with a scream threw it at him, knocking him off his feet with the force of it hitting his chest.

That must have hurt like a bitch.

She strode over to his laying form on the floor, while he was clutching his stomach from the blow of the cash register. She smiled down at him, the smile was vicious. It was almost frightening.

“Later Fredster.” She said, raising her knee up and slamming her foot down onto his head with such force I swear I could hear his skull crack. Not to mention that she was wearing heels, there was no way he would have survived that. My mouth fell open at the sudden realisation that she had killed Freddie.

Freddie who I had known, or though I knew, for almost a year. The weird thing was I didn’t feel sorrow that my friend was dead. He was a drug dealer who tries to shoot girls, I clearly did not know him as well as I thought. The only thing I felt was the sudden urge to run over and see if the girl was okay, even though I knew that the only damage on her was probably the blood on the heel of her boot. She didn’t have a scratch on her.

She did not have a chance to glance over to me and the new chick yet, because before she could even catch her breath two men came running out from the back.

The others will be here in a few...Dan’s words echoed in my head. This must be who he was talking about.

One of the men grabbed the girl from behind, holding her forcefully with his arms around her chest keeping her arms trapped. The other man goes up in front, connecting his fist with her cheek. She let out a cry of pain, but barely spent 2 seconds recoiling from it. The guy punched her in the stomach, and again she quickly recovered. This girl was something else. I stood to my feet automatically, going to the girl’s aid. I may not be some sort of killer martial arts warrior like these people were, but I couldn’t just stand here and watch this girl get beaten up by two guys. I felt like I had to go over and protect her.

I didn’t even take on step forward when I realised she really didn’t need me to come to her rescue. As the guy raised his fist to punch her again, she pushed her legs off the ground and using the guy behind her to keep her balanced, plunged them in the guy’s stomach sending him flying back into the shoe stands in the middle of the shop. She threw her head back hitting the guy in the face.

His arms involuntarily unwrapped from her and went to his bleeding nose, and she used this to turn around and lay a few punches into his face. I see her bend over and get something out of her boot, and next thing I know she grabs the guy by the hair and plunges the blade in her hand into his neck. She pulls the blade out and dumps him on the floor without a second glace as he nurses the blood pouring out of his wound, his eyes slowly losing the light in them as he is clearly going to die.

She turns to the other guy who was punching her, and her eyes glaze over in anger as she looks at him. Obviously she was not too happy that he had hit her. The guy dives towards her, and she moves to the right before he reaches her, kicking him in the back so he flies forward into the shelves. She backs away towards the shattered door as the guy turns and knocks the knife out of her hand. I see her eyes glance to one of the shelves, and she quickly reaches over and grabs a packet off it. She takes out the shoe laces from the packet, and as the guy dives towards her again she ducks his punch, sending one swift kick to the balls so he buckles over from the pain. My face scrunches as I realise how much that must have hurt. Not that I cared that the guy was in pain, but I had been kicked in the balls before and believe me, probably the worst pain I have ever felt in my life.

She twists his head around so she is behind his crouching figure, and wraps the laces around his neck, pulling back with all her might. The guy’s hands leave his pained balls and go to his throat, attempting to pull the laces away so he could breathe. He starts to splutter and his face changes colour until after a few minutes his hands drop. The life had literally been choked out of him.

I joked about strangling myself with a pair of shoelaces from boredom earlier; it’s quite ironic now actually.

She lets the lace go from around his neck, and he slumps forward face first not moving. The third man she’s killed in less than 5 minutes.

She isn’t even breathless. She just stands there with an expression of almost boredom on her face, wiping her hands against each other like she had just made a cake and was wiping flour away or something.

My eyes bore into her, the tingling feeling in my stomach as I stare at her getting stronger. She suddenly spots Naomi still crouched in a corner crying hysterically, and I can see the look of disgust on her face. She then looks up at me, and I see her whole body freeze over.

The tingles that are running through my body almost explode as I finally saw her face looking in my direction. I almost forget how to breathe as the realisation hits me.

She was blonde, she was slimmer and her face looked older, obviously from the years that I have not seen her, but it was definitely her. Her chocolate brown eyes that she always used to call dull confirmed that.

“Faith?” I choked out, not quite believing that I was finally saying that name to the actual woman herself. She was supposto be dead...

Her face turned from shocked to cold. Her eyes hardened as she heard my voice and I saw her clench her jaw as she looked at me. I knew it was her, but as I looked at her icy expression, I almost flinched. This was not the girl I remembered, the shy girl who wanted to blend in and always had a smile on her face. This girl was confident, cold and has an expression that made you recoil from intimidation. Her eyes were no longer the warm welcoming ones I remember, that I have been remembering for the last 3 years.

The eyes of the girl staring at me now were...well dead. There was no life left in them.

I can understand her resentment against me due to how we left things. But the hateful stare she was giving me actually made my stomach sink. The only sounds in the room were the sobs of that Naomi chick on the floor, and neither of us lost eye contact.

Then unexpectedly, I see her hand reach behind her back and pull out a gun. She points the gun in my direction, making my eyes almost pop out of my skull. I automatically cover my head with my arms as if to duck from the bullet. I shut my eyes tightly waiting in horror for her to pull the trigger.

Oh god she’s going to shoot me...

I hear the gun shot go off, and then a thump from behind me. I wearingly open my eyes, looking at Faith who had now lowered her arm so the gun was at her side, with my arms still covering my head. I lower my arms, and look behind me to see another man face first on the ground with a visible bullet hole going through the back of his head.

I close my eyes taking a deep breath as I realised I was still alive. She had shot the guy sneaking up behind me, and not actually put a bullet in my head. I knew she must hate me, but she wouldn’t do that, it is still Faith after all...

“I wouldn’t look so relieved.” Her voice broke the silence, and I looked up at her emotionless face. “I spotted him after I pulled my gun out.”

I laughed slightly at her comment, and then the frosty expression on her face quickly caused my laughter to die out.

I realised I had absolutely no idea if she was joking.

.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 14.6K 37
Living in a world where the dance team is her kingdom, fashion her passion, and judo her secret pastime, Jade Wright's life is as close to perfect as...
202K 4.8K 35
Nova West, a girl who's bad at making friends, decides to opt it off and become a loner. She's an insecure girl, although she's too guarded to admit...
39 9 9
"Everyone has their own perspective,from their own camera" Keira Emberson is a 16 year old girl going thru some shit. Everyone thinks her life's pic...
648 158 22
Carry on living without parents is already hard for them. Angeline and Sarah have been living under a happy masks seeing the other's happiness. Mostl...