Future Shock (Initial Project)

By Sp3ctral_52

Noun: Future Shock [Mass Noun] "The State of Distress or Disorientation due to Rapid Social or Technological... More

Vol. 1 Chapter 1 - Ikarashi
Vol. 1 Chapter 2 - Chance
Vol. 1 Chapter 3 - Loyal Squads
Vol. 1 Chapter 4 - Hostile Contact
Vol. 1 Chapter 5 - The Mage
Vol. 1 Chapter 6 - Dispatch
Vol. 1 Chapter 7 - Never Bring a Sword to a Gunfight
Vol. 1 Chapter 8: What... Did I just do?
Vol. 1 Chapter 9 - End of a Guild
Vol. 1 Chapter 10 - Updates
Vol. 1 Chapter 11 - The Medium Tank
Vol. 1 Chapter 12 - New Personnel
Vol. 1 Chapter 13 - The Cavern
Vol. 1 Chapter 14 - The Goddess
Vol. 1 Chapter 15 - Some Minor Advancement
Vol. 2 Chapter 1 - United Kingdom
Vol. 2 Chapter 2 - Albatros
Vol. 2 Chapter 3 - Second Contact
Vol. 2 Chapter 4 - Negotiations
Vol. 2 Chapter 5 - Battle of Albatros (1/2)
Vol. 2 Chapter 6 - Battle of Albatros (2/2)
Vol. 2 Chapter 7 - Aftermath | Encounter
Vol. 2 Chapter 8 - Two Assasins (1/2)
Vol. 2 Chapter 9 - Two Assasins (2/2)
Vol. 2 Chapter 10
Vol. 2 Chapter 11
Vol. 2 Chapter 12 - Hilgus Valley (1/3)
Vol. 2 Chapter 13 - Hilgus Valley (2/3)
Vol. 2 Chapter 14 - Hilgus Valley (3/3)
Vol. 2 Chapter 15 - Aurora Borealis
Vol. 3 Chapter 1 - Accumulation Program
Vol. 3 Chapter 2 - Drone Down
Vol. 3 Chapter 3 - Progression
Vol. 3 Chapter 4 - Modernization
Vol. 3 Chapter 5 - Visitation
Vol. 3 Chapter 6 - Diplomacy
Vol. 3 Chapter 7 - The First Strike
Vol. 3 Chapter 8 - Confinement
Vol. 3 Chapter 9 - 'Der Wunderschlacht'
Vol. 3 Chapter 10
Vol. 3 Chapter 10.5 - Short Past
Vol. 3 Chapter 11
Vol. 3 Chapter 12 - Demonstrate
Short (and possibly useless) News
Vol. 3 Chapter 13 - Saturation
Vol. 3 Chapter 14 - Prelude to Incursion
Vol. 3 Chapter 16 - Anti-Imperialism (1/2)
Vol. 3 Chapter 17 - Anti-Imperialism (2/2)
Vol. 3 Chapter 18 - Besiege
Vol. 3 Chapter 19 - Capitulation
Vol. 3 Chapter 20 - A Rising Nation
Vol. 3 Chapter 20.5 - The Prison
Vol. 4 Chapter 1 - Spies
Vol. 4 Chapter 2 - Foreigners (1/2)
Vol. 4 Chapter 3 - Foriegners (2/2)
Vol. 4 Chapter 4 - The Monument
Vol. 4 Chapter 5 - Another Conflict
Map of Atochia (Repost)
Heheh (Nevermind...)
Vol. 4 Chapter 6 - Afral (1/2)
Vol. 4 Chapter 7 - Afral (2/2)
Vol. 4 Chapter 8 - Calm
Character Sheet 1 (Updated)
Character Sheet 2 (Short)
Vol. 4 Chapter 9 - Entry (1/2)
Vol. 4 Chapter 10 - Undetected
Vol. 4 Chapter 11 - Simultaneous Engagement
Vol. 4 Chapter 12 - A Darkened Mentality
Christmas Special - Christmas Special
Vol. 4 Chapter 13 - Their Fates Pt.I
Vol. 4 Chapter 14 - Their Fates Pt.II

Vol. 3 Chapter 15 - Segregation

1K 43 15
By Sp3ctral_52

—~~—~~United Kingdom of Pluvimia, reconnected Territory~~—~~—

(3rd Person)

Several northern nobles have gathered by the area of the territory of a Duke, particularly outside with a vast flat area, in-front of the Duke Manor. Cobblestone and gravel serving as the ground, with a fountain the middle, This was to greet the King's arrival. Many were grateful and uplifted for the information regarding the success, and were now waiting for the presence of his Majesty and the directorate diplomats.

But they were eventually awestruck at their arrival, in a separate horseless carriages modelled after the 1920 Oldsmobile Four-Door Sedan, followed by two other horseless carriages which visually appear Armoured, and two large Tracked vehicles that reminded them of the 'Steam tanks' of the Empire, only having the marks of the United Kingdom, and they were visually faster (The tanks were modified being capable of hitting 12.7 kph on flat surfaces, About Twice as fast as the Mark IV)

Eventually the King followed by the Queen, Prince, and Princess, exited the Vehicle. And approached the northern nobles, to which they responded by bowing, and the Duke's maids curtsying.

"My Noblemen, we have finally managed to deter a threat that would've sent us back to the dark ages, but now. We shall no longer be moored, I have wanted to gather you here for a celebration." The king spoke.

"Glory to the United Kingdom!"

"Your Majesty, I can already see that you have managed to create what we needed to deter the Empire." A Viscount approached, with an interested expression.

"I'm sorry but I may have to correct you Viscount." The King said, which made several of them look with confusion.

"These Theriault Tanks were not made by us, they were given to us. By a nation I have recognised as the Directorate."

"A nation?" The nobles were dumbfounded at the explanation, they were nationalists and they weren't comfortable with another nation being the ones to back them up, as they were a lone superpower.

"Yes... In-fact we have brought one of their representatives here for the celebration in these new victories for the war, if it weren't for them, we would've been separated completely." The Princess eventually stepped in as a Male Diplomat from the Directorate eventually exited a nearly identical car, only less covered in regal accessories.

"I'am Davis Parsons diplomat of the directorate, and this my superior, Matthew Ikarashi. It is an honour to meet the nobility of this fine Superpower." Davis said as walked over giving out his hand for a greeting handshake.

"Tch." The viscount only clicked his tongue, disliking the fact that the United Kingdom is being supplied by another Nation to great and worrying lengths. Davis lowered his hand afterwards.

"Please don't be bothered by him, My fellow gentlemen, Shall we go ahead with the celebration?" The prince said and asked.

"Indeed." Matthew responded, as Davis followed behind him, several SES personnel exiting from the Armoured personnel carrier

—~~—~~—~~—

The Prince was busy walking alongside Matthew, mostly conversing about trivial things.

"-And My sister, yeah... She is quite a prickly cactus of a woman, but she is very competent at strategy and combat, She actually made father finally see the potential in allowing woman in the ranks, but due to the nature of the army, he felt that he should force women to become elite soldiers, to prevent any mishap from occurring."

"Really? That is actually very commendable, I respect anyone that prevents any mischievous acts from transpiring and seeing Gender-equality at-least at its borders."

"At-least at its borders-? Oh right, you people actually put women in your ranks, I almost forgot. But it seems everyone is quite gentlemanly or disciplined in a few ways, it makes it hard for me to believe they are foot soldiers."

"They are our standard infantry, trained to adapt and overcome. Like one danish man said 'only the best is good enough'."

"Danish...?"

"I'm sorry, It was... a Slang term that your aren't accustomed to Your highness." He responded

"Oh it's fine, I barely even understand I thing my sister says, because she can speak too unintelligibly fast when she is giving detailed information with haste."

"Speaking of which... I've heard her highness has been quite hasty for this party to end."

"Well she has always been paranoid, Actually... I'am too, Since this morning."

"That is unnerving..." Matthew said, however his tone exhibited less curiosity and confusion, and more... Less amused.

"Ah your highness, you're here! And a fellow from our newfound ally, the Directorate." A noble walked down the corridor coincidentally finding them. Both waved. "It truly is an honour to meet you, good sir." He responded.

"Yes, I could say the same thing to you." Matthew responded.

"I'm truly sorry if any of the other nobility here have been disturbing you, after all that event was quite shocking, and many are still wary and aggressive. With the reunification of our lands, The Reichian empire will never see victory whatsoeve!"

"Yes, Indeed. It is also... Interesting and admirable that your separated lands managed to hold up against the Reichian empire..." Matthew started his tone going less emotive and more or less neutral in demeanour.

"We are the United Kingdom of Pluvimia, our soldiers are trained for the most harshest combat, for no other nation to being us to our knees." He responded with pride.

"Yes, But it's not just military capability, but also agricultural and logistical. I've heard the North was a good producer of products, but the population density of the area combined with your rapid military action is intriguing, but of course that is most likely due to rationing correct?"

"Well, Yes. Our hearts and minds are strengthened to prevent faltering in even the most harshest situations such as food problems." He responded, the prince looked at Matthew with a bit of confusion.

"Then that leaves me to one thing... How come none of the areas within the border landscape was war-torn? Surely your people are possibly skilled at nature , even with such skill, a land can still show its scars, and it's only been a couple of months."

"...That is mainly because-..."

"And also it more confuses me on why haven't you been attempting to reconnect the United Kingdom yourself, you didn't even try when the Government had already sent a notice regarding their vehicle acquirement and the lack of defences within the border, may you explain that?" The noble stayed silent as if he was taking in the situation.

'Gotcha...' Matthew thought

"And there's also this..." he pulled out a shot scroll, to which the noble read and went wide-eyed.

"What's that?" The prince grabbed the scroll and read its contents, before his eyes went bloodshot.

"Would you like to explain what this-?"

"Die!" The noble yelled as he pulled out a dagger and attempted to stab Matthew in the gut by the air molecules quickly ceased its movement.

""Huh?!"" Both the Noble  and prince were shocked. Matthew turned to see the prince with a nervous expression.

"I'am sorry about that, we can talk about this later." He responded, before he manipulated the dagger out of the noble's hands, and quickly flew in a loop lodging itself straight into the noble's back. And he fell to the floor, dead.

"Barbarian scum!" A Baron down the other end of the corridor arrived, he then ordered his guards to dash at them. Matthew grabbed the prince's arm and pulled him aside before manifesting a pistol from his inventory shooting at the Seven guards before landing two more bullets to the noble's kneecaps effectively putting him down on a kneeling position.

"Christ..." Matthew uttered before he dissolved his pistol.

"Director!" Davis along with three escorting SES Personnel appeared from the same corridor the first noble came from. "What's going on?"

"Hostile-" Matthew was cut off before he could finish.

"Your highness!" A northern noble appeared from the other corridor alongside three other northerners. All looking sympathetically to the noble with his knees shot, before looking at Matthew with disgust, and turning back to the prince.

"Your highness, we need to defeat these bastards, they have been ridiculing you and tainting the United Kingdom's status! Look at what they have done!" The Noble said, pointing to the baron's bloodied knees

"He was endangering the prince's life as-Well." Matthew responded.

"Silence, scum!" The Noble retorted with venom.

"No you silence, Becuase I've found out what you dishonest narcissists have been doing behind the Royal family's backs." The prince stated before lifting the scroll up. "And don't even try to say this is fake, three nobles just like you had provided us within enough proof. You are committing high treason by colluding with the Reichian empire."

"And You yourself are not even honourable to be a king with such a backwards mindset, the United Kingdom is a mighty nation and we shall turn against the Reichians once we're done, for we are the one and only superpower!" The noble said as he raised his sword, along with the other nobles non-injured nobles.

"You really Intend to harm royalty?"

"None of the royal family are fit to be king! You will just allow these people to Further destroy our name and title!"

"Very well, I'll see you in the afterlife then." The prince said, stepping away.

"Fire!" Matthew ordered as they opened fire upon the nobles effectively eliminating them in seconds.

"Oh My God... I need one of those..." The prince uttered.

"Come on, we need to get out of here, your highness!"

"Ah, Right!"

———————
—Fort Elbion—
"SecDef, The Diplomat and the United Kingdom's Royalty were attacked by the northern nobles." An individual informed Kara whom was still overlooking the preparations for the invasion of Reichia, a Shock & Awe Operation. She instinctively turned around to respond.

"Expected... The Northern nobles had great animosity towards the Directorate, especially those first three claiming they tainted their name as a superpower. Are they all fine?" She asked

"Yes, all are accounted for a few are injured including the director himself, but the medics and his restoration make this less of a problem."

"Alright, Send an Osprey from here to the venue and retrieve them at all costs, and quickly order our border units to the Northern Lands to mobilize to provide support and gain ground. *sigh* We may need to suggest to Director to boost them and ourselves a bit to make this less of a burden."

"Affirmative."

—~~———~~—

In a stoned pathway with Woods on either side of the road, several SES personnel and Royal Loyalists fire upon the desperately charging forces of the Noble Nationalists.

"Goodness, these guys are as relentless, despite these odds." Davis uttered as he and several others defend the Armoured personnel carrier where the king, Queen, and prince are situated in.

"I'm out!" Lynette said as she expended her Beretta 92 magazines.

"It's a good thing I brought a good number of supplies in my inventory." Matthew replied as he manifested three magazines, clacking onto the stone pathway they were on. Lynette quickly reloaded only to see a wyvern rider in the distance.

"Oh no..." She uttered, The SES Personnel turn around, most were preoccupied with the noble soldiers, while a select few turned to try and fire upon the diving wyvern. However that wouldn't be needed as a stream of bright light appeared from the forest and towards the wyvern shredding through its scales. The moment afterwards a Gepard SPAAG appeared from the foliage, followed by several Defence Force Soldiers.

"Reinforcements have arrived." Davis said as the Defence Forces soldiers pass by and overwhelm the nobles. And the Gepard continued firing into the sky targeting and eliminating as many Wyverns as it could.

"...This can't be... You Bastards!" The viscount yelled before a shadow loomed overhead, he saw the wingless carcass of a wyvern hurdling down to earth. Which eventually killed him off.

Matthew observed the scene as several of the 'remaining' Leopard 1 tanks were either forcing several men to flee or decimate large numbers of nationalist forces, He snapped out of it once he started hearing a familiar rhythmic chopping. Looking above and behind to see a V-22 Osprey slowly descending.

"Lynette." He tapped her shoulder, to which she looked to see the Osprey before nodding.

"Alright... Evryone, get his & her majesty, and my brother to that flying machine immediately!"

"Yes, Your Highness!"

They were quickly assisted out of the rear of the vehicle by the loyalists. And the SES personnel back away slowly and towards the APC whilst simultaneously sustaining fire against the Charging foot soldiers. Davis pressed Matthew to go ahead, but he countered him saying that he, as a diplomat, shouldn't be further involved in the fight.

With much of the VIPs now settled inside they immediately broke away and dashed into the Osprey, and the ramp slowly closed shut and the aircraft proceeded to takeoff. The driver of the APC stepped on the gas and proceeded to ram into the northern soldiers, before driving directly into the battlefield.

"Well... That's that."

"Indeed... So... What were you going to talk to me about...? The prince said, he asked the last part with suspicion in his tone.

"...Oh..."

—~~—~~—~~—

It was now the end of Sunset, the skies above were somewhat dark, with stars beginning to come into view.
Three Ospreys Land on Outpost-UK-3, a bit far from Fort Elbion. Several  medical teams flock toward their rear ramps, with one peculiar person in a dark cloak approaching alongside them.

The ramp of the middle Osprey lowers and The first few people walked out, they looked to their sides to see people on stretcher's being brought out of the other two Ospreys, they were harmed escorts and unarmed maids, one-by-One were brought towards the emergency ward, The dark figure stood waiting for One individual. Lynette exited after the first individuals.

"*pant* *pant* *sigh* T-thank God..." she uttered, as she observed her surroundings, she eventually stood still as she looks at the figure in-front of her.

"Hello, Lynn. It's been awhile, right?" Senka uttered, as she lowered her Triangular hood. Lynette rolled her eyes, before she walked up to her for a brief hug.

The prince, king, and queen, stepped out of the Osprey bearing shocked expressions. While Matthew exited last.

"What happened to them?" Senka asked.

"...Yeah... About that." Matthew said

—~~———~~—

I exited my personal medical quarters, and walked down the corridor to check on the royal family's & other survivors' Conditions. As I made my way through the corridors, upon turning right I Immediately saw Lynette and Senka conversing in the corridor. I smiled at the sight because, something like this was what I wanted to prevent from collapsing.

"Director."

"Ah, Kara. I was hoping you'd be here, I was about to meet the King."

"Regarding the Northern front I assume?"

"...The need for Permission regarding peacemaking Operations on their lands...? Yes."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.1K 1.9K 46
Getting Isekai'd to another world is indeed awesome, especially embarking on an adventure as a hero to defeat the Demon King, who turns out to be a w...
7.1K 179 9
Y/n is your average high school student reaching the end of his final year of high school. Well average as a boy from a rich family who goes to a pri...
2.5K 173 76
It was horrible, everything was in flames, everything was either destroyed or burned. The corpses of his father, his aunt and his uncle as well as th...
I Want It All By Blaxk77

General Fiction

1.2K 103 9
[This Modern vs Fantasy story exist for the sole purpose of commiting warcrimes] A scientific genius with sociopathic tendencies dies on our Earth bu...