Future Shock (Initial Project)

By Sp3ctral_52

Noun: Future Shock [Mass Noun] "The State of Distress or Disorientation due to Rapid Social or Technological... More

Vol. 1 Chapter 1 - Ikarashi
Vol. 1 Chapter 2 - Chance
Vol. 1 Chapter 3 - Loyal Squads
Vol. 1 Chapter 4 - Hostile Contact
Vol. 1 Chapter 5 - The Mage
Vol. 1 Chapter 6 - Dispatch
Vol. 1 Chapter 7 - Never Bring a Sword to a Gunfight
Vol. 1 Chapter 8: What... Did I just do?
Vol. 1 Chapter 9 - End of a Guild
Vol. 1 Chapter 10 - Updates
Vol. 1 Chapter 11 - The Medium Tank
Vol. 1 Chapter 12 - New Personnel
Vol. 1 Chapter 13 - The Cavern
Vol. 1 Chapter 14 - The Goddess
Vol. 1 Chapter 15 - Some Minor Advancement
Vol. 2 Chapter 1 - United Kingdom
Vol. 2 Chapter 2 - Albatros
Vol. 2 Chapter 3 - Second Contact
Vol. 2 Chapter 4 - Negotiations
Vol. 2 Chapter 5 - Battle of Albatros (1/2)
Vol. 2 Chapter 6 - Battle of Albatros (2/2)
Vol. 2 Chapter 7 - Aftermath | Encounter
Vol. 2 Chapter 8 - Two Assasins (1/2)
Vol. 2 Chapter 9 - Two Assasins (2/2)
Vol. 2 Chapter 10
Vol. 2 Chapter 11
Vol. 2 Chapter 12 - Hilgus Valley (1/3)
Vol. 2 Chapter 13 - Hilgus Valley (2/3)
Vol. 2 Chapter 14 - Hilgus Valley (3/3)
Vol. 2 Chapter 15 - Aurora Borealis
Vol. 3 Chapter 1 - Accumulation Program
Vol. 3 Chapter 2 - Drone Down
Vol. 3 Chapter 3 - Progression
Vol. 3 Chapter 4 - Modernization
Vol. 3 Chapter 5 - Visitation
Vol. 3 Chapter 6 - Diplomacy
Vol. 3 Chapter 7 - The First Strike
Vol. 3 Chapter 8 - Confinement
Vol. 3 Chapter 9 - 'Der Wunderschlacht'
Vol. 3 Chapter 10
Vol. 3 Chapter 10.5 - Short Past
Vol. 3 Chapter 11
Vol. 3 Chapter 12 - Demonstrate
Short (and possibly useless) News
Vol. 3 Chapter 13 - Saturation
Vol. 3 Chapter 15 - Segregation
Vol. 3 Chapter 16 - Anti-Imperialism (1/2)
Vol. 3 Chapter 17 - Anti-Imperialism (2/2)
Vol. 3 Chapter 18 - Besiege
Vol. 3 Chapter 19 - Capitulation
Vol. 3 Chapter 20 - A Rising Nation
Vol. 3 Chapter 20.5 - The Prison
Vol. 4 Chapter 1 - Spies
Vol. 4 Chapter 2 - Foreigners (1/2)
Vol. 4 Chapter 3 - Foriegners (2/2)
Vol. 4 Chapter 4 - The Monument
Vol. 4 Chapter 5 - Another Conflict
Map of Atochia (Repost)
Heheh (Nevermind...)
Vol. 4 Chapter 6 - Afral (1/2)
Vol. 4 Chapter 7 - Afral (2/2)
Vol. 4 Chapter 8 - Calm
Character Sheet 1 (Updated)
Character Sheet 2 (Short)
Vol. 4 Chapter 9 - Entry (1/2)
Vol. 4 Chapter 10 - Undetected
Vol. 4 Chapter 11 - Simultaneous Engagement
Vol. 4 Chapter 12 - A Darkened Mentality
Christmas Special - Christmas Special
Vol. 4 Chapter 13 - Their Fates Pt.I
Vol. 4 Chapter 14 - Their Fates Pt.II

Vol. 3 Chapter 14 - Prelude to Incursion

1K 40 97
By Sp3ctral_52

—~~—~~—~~—

With the elimination and/or capture of strategic Forts & Outposts, and the 'flush out' of minor Outposts, The Ground Defence Force currently borders the Far western Territory of the Empire, also preventing the UKP to go ahead and steam-roll through that specific territory until further notice.

Meanwhile, the Royal Pluvimian Army steam-rolled through the cut-off Territory Eventually reconnecting the South to the North, However King Cenric became wary of the North, as the northern nobles that were stuck with them prior to this already planned and felt compelled to strip him off his power and send the United Kingdom back into its unwanted stage of Expansionism.

—Primary Base, Sickbay—

I brought the found group of slaves and prisoners to the Primary base's sickbay, due to faster response and comfortable treatment. We used two rooms, as the numbers were about 31 say, each room could hold about 20 patients, so essentially one room has half the total capacity, and one of them which Appears to be an old man was being treated for his severe handicap-type injury.

I was currently conversing with Marie, one of the major individuals in the Department of Health, outside of the rooms, sitting by a two-seat table. I waited outside until further notice from the doctor and nurse treating Half of the seemingly 'high-ranking' patients, at-first I assumed them to be typical imprisoned slaves, that had relations to one-other, but after awhile I gradually began to receive the gist that they are more than what they claimed or appear to be.

The conversation was quite friendly and calming, which put me at ease, I eventually said her something that lingered in my mind for awhile.

"You Know Marie, Just talking to you makes me calm and composed, To be completely honest you really remind me of someone back in my past life."

"Your mother I presume?" She asked, as she laid down her cup of tea.

"I-..."

"*smile*..." That smile made a bit uneasy.

"Didn't Kara tell you?" She asked, her smile still present but less uneasily beaming.

"O-Oh, Right... Important personnel are given sufficient but not too much information regarding my past. I feel a little... Violated, but understanding it already, will be less painful than for me to say it..." I replied.

"Were you really worried about her?"

"...How could I not be...? She is my mother, my only family left, the same one that raised me to be positive and adaptable... My Gratefulness and Care cannot be measured precisely."

She gave off an expression of interest, as she finished up her tea.

"I shall not push you any further, Director. I pray that you will be able to finish this war swiftly."

"Thank you, Marie."

The door to the room which held the 10 individuals opened, with the Doctor walking out.

"Director, The individuals have Been recovering quickly, they may may wake up soon."

"Alright, Doctor Marlowe. Thank you for your time Marie."

"No problem, Director." She faintly waved.

———

I passed Dr. Marlowe, entering the Room and closing the door behind me. I turned towards one of the Beds, there laid the girl that we broke out from her chains in an isolated chamber. I sat on the revolving chair next to her bed, I was waiting for her to wake up for her to answer a few of my questions.

Not before I snapped my fingers in the air for a few times above her head, making sure.

'This will be awhile won't it?'

—~~—15 minutes—~~—

Its been quite awhile already, and I snapped fingers above the girl's head.

"*gasp* *cough* *pant* *pant* *pant*" she abruptly woke up, which made me jolt slightly as I was busy texting Sagorski on my phone.

She quickly turned her head from the ceiling to her right still lying down, to see me.

"H-hey?" I anxiously greeted

"Y-you are... Did you?"

"I'm one of the five individuals that assisted you and your group to escape, along with rescuing several restrained people. Please calm down."

Her breathing slows to a more calm degree, after awhile. Upon remembering me mentioning the rescue of the slaves, she raised an eyebrow.

"W... Why would you save mere slaves?" She asked, that was to be expected, the concept of human rights are very very weak, in this continent, or potentially this world, due to its primitive outlook.

"It is complicated for me to explain considering how you people operate, but all I can say is that one of the reasons was the to minimize casualties and gain information that may assist us in bringing the empire to its knees."

She seemingly broke into a light sweat, and she gulped, before she stared back into the ceiling.

"Umm... I have a few questions I want to ask, If I may, and if you're comfortable."

"I-I-I... Y-yes... I'll- hear them..." she replied

"Alright, try not to be nervous I won't harm you, that would be a violation of human rights and the acknowledgement of the Geneva conventions as the Geneva 'suggestions', which the empire ignored." He said, and pointed out.

. . .

"May I know your name."

"I'am . . . Hazel." She replied

"And... What's your last name?" I asked, to try and get more details.

"I-I don't have one."

"Hm... I don't think so..." I eventually heard a voice come from the corner of the room, the corner adjacent to the Room's door, both of us looked at the origin to see Akane sitting there. Hazel's Eyes widened, and her limbs shivered, upon the sight.

"Akane?" I asked.

"I've gotten used to this place, so I wander around often." She replied as she winked.

"I see... What do you mean?"

"She's lying, she has a last name... and judging from her expression it seems she also knows me too." Her response, made me look back, I hesitated to continue as a saw her expression filled with shock, I tried to calm her down again before I continued to ask.

"Calm down... this isn't an entrance exam, there is no need to be this anxious. Please... May I know your full name?"

". . . . . H-Hazel *gulp*... El Regele..." she reluctantly replied, 'Regele...? Didn't Lynette tell me at one point that-...'

"T-The Imperial Princess...?" I said, which made her shut her eyes, anticipating violent action. I looked to Akane, who mouthed 'Just Calm her down... at-most.'

"*sigh* Please don't act like that..." I replied, which made her slowly turn her gaze towards me again.

"Look... I'm not your Brother or your Father, I'am the Director. I do not follow the basic semi-barbaric commodities in this continent. And besides I have already received information from several P.OW.'s and Leo, regarding your reputation and acts, none of which give me a reason to act in any way aggressive or Spiteful towards you."

". . . Then... What do you want from me?"

"Simple, Information... And this is not something I would usually do, but I respect your reputation, little to no crimes whatsoever other than the existence of slaves treated as Maids in your record. Perhaps we can reach a mutual agreement, You give any information for the Administration useful for the concurrent war, and I can help you with something that is within my power."

"I want My Brother's rule to fall." She said something that I should've expected, but didn't

"I don't care what happens to the old empire anymore, Like my father; All I Care For was the people that are true and loyal to me and my father, they are in the southwestern regions, They will be decimated by both the United Kingdom and the Empire, Please... Help them..." she continued to plead.

"...Are most of them civilians?" I asked

"Y-Yes."

"*sigh* Alright then. I'll see what I can do... I would have to send out viable commands to the Defence Force divisions surrounding that specific region."

"Wait... What about my father...?"

"The former emperor... He is identified as a war criminal, Captured officers have already given us information with what we have collectively referred to as 'Extermination Camps', Where the mass execution of non-military personnel are held, some of which are criminals, while most of which are innocents."

"N-No... My father wasn't the cause..."

"What?"

"That's what they want you to believe, in their hearts they are purely confident for the prince, my father is described as becoming incompetent in his old age, and they wanted a leader to bring them to prosperous victory... Everything, was all twisted, and my bother authorized these Executions to take place... Because his vision is equal to that of a Horse..."

"And you want me to spare your father from severe punishment...? There are still several gaps in the information so we can't do that so nonchalantly, And— I'm not trying to be as aggressive toned as I can but... How can I believe you with just your word, after I have met you?"

"You can tell I'm far more different, you knew my reputation as-well... I only want what's best for the empire's future and its people, Not straightforward expansionism... Especially after seeing everything, you have..." she replied. I looked back to Akane who nodded.

"*sigh* Okay Then... I'll try to see what I can do." I assured her, she nodded.

"Akane, If you don't mind, may you please watch over them?" I asked her

"Alright." She replied.

I exited the room, and walked from the door and laid my back on the wall.

"Is there something wrong now Director?" A familiar voice asked me.

"Hello, Esther." I turned to the origin and replied with a faint smile.

"Ah, Well... I have new plans for the continuation of the War."

"Which is—...?" She asked, she appeared a bit sleepy.

"The upcoming alterations and assault for the Empire, I can explain it to you so-" Before I could finished she 'slowly' collapsed to the floor into a sitting position as she lightly snores.

"*sigh* I'm sorry, I shouldn't Have pushed you with domestic-related objectives."

I said as I eventually grabbed her staff (which was again modified with a sling, akin to that of a hunting rifle) and slung around her, and carried by my back

Through the corridor, I eventually opened the door to her room, I laid her on the bed before I eventually went to remove her Mage Robe-
''*PFT!* W-what the heck am I doing!? This is borderline Illegal... She says she's 16 which is the normal age of consent in this world... But I'm not bound by this world!'

"You can go ahead..." Esther faintly said her eyes lightly open, and a faint smile.

I blushed just for a second, before stopping assuming I misinterpreted the context of her reply, only for me to jolt in horror as she grabbed my arm and attempted to pull.

"N-no...! You are not doing that...!" I said, before I noticed a bit of a blush on her face, she let out a yawned breath which made me eventually perceive the smell of Alcohol...

'N-No way... 16...? You ingested Alcoholic Beverages at 16!?'

"Director~" Esther uttered with a hazy voice, as she attempted to pull me close, only for me to grab an Epipen and pressure it into Esther's neck, it wasn't used for medical doses rather It injected something akin to to Rohypnol. Performing the correct measures, There was little to no pain on Esther's side as she was eventually put to sleep.

"Sorry, Esther... Its illegal, our age gap is by 2 Years. You'll forget this ever happened, and I'll try to forget this ever happened."

I uttered out quietly as a backed my way to the door of her room and shut it behind me as I exited.

"*relieved sigh* Oh my goodness... I need to remove all alcohol in the base, Why am I surrounded by females...?"

"Because you're a walking magnet?" I heard a sarcastic voice call from above me, I looked up to see one of the Box Diffusors Of the ventilation system open, Senka being inside.

"W-wha? Why would you-? How did you even get in there?"

"Long story short; I entered the shaft through one of the Openings at the top, I'm good a parkour." She said as she dropped down from the shaft managing to shut the diffuser closed, I moved away to give her a clear site to drop down on.

"And How did you get passed security?"

"I've ranked up as an assassin, I can easily pass some bearded wizard."

"So then that's means—..."

"No no no, the only reason I even got here was because I have knowledge of how your things work. But still, you may want to upgrade your security systems in-order to prevent other assassin from invading here, though that would lock me out, so I came here."

"Okay... What did you need me for?"

"I was hoping to get a job and place here."

"What?"

"Its been getting boring as an assassin lately, I gathered up some Roys hoping to rent out a pace for me to stay here, And I want a combat job in the Directorate. And I left the Mercenary Guild, just to do so."

"Are you serious?"

"Can I be anymore serious? Besides, I've got a Frickin' Gun so I'm fearful of it getting stolen by my former-colleagues. Plus I'm sure I can be useful."

"...Well when you put it like that... Maybe you can be cut out as a sniper or special force unit."

"That's what I wanted hear! So is it a job then?"

"First you need to get citizenship, And you'll need to be processed, then I can find a suitable position."

"Seems like a lot of work."

"Well... I could be a described as some unremarkable individual put into a world where modern common courtesy is nonexistent... Yet."

"And... That last part just gave me chills."

———

"How are those Type 74 Tanks coming up?" A chief warrant officer asks as he observes the production of Type 74 tanks, these Japanese MBTs have more armour thickness than the Leopard 1, which is needed for the operation which will be Applying Defence of the currently occupied territories, and the continued assault against the Empire.

"Up N Atom." An engineer replied.

"Those Imperialists won't know what's coming to them... To be honest, they are practically Medieval Nazis."
"Well you know what they say, not every 'German was a nazi', Which is why we didn't Missile them into submission, Civilians who were just living their lives would be caught in the crossfire."

"Yet many civilians may be tainted to the point of fanaticism, sticking to the Empire's primitive beliefs of superiority, they won't back down easily."

"Guess so... But they'd have to go against the SES, their literal hearts and bodies were made of pure Stalinium, metaphorically."

"...Wait... Those guys will be in the battlefield?!"

———Reichia, Capital of the Empire———

"Destroyed!? How did those damn Water-logged Bastards even broke through our defences!?"

"My emperor, Documents have shown that the United Kingdom are being supported by an unknown faction that call themselves 'The Directorate'."

"Never heard of them... Tell me about them now!"

"We know very little of them my emperor, But survivors and scouts alike were positive, they have Unbelievably Fast Steam-Tanks, and they originate from the Nomadic regions."

"They have tanks, but they're from those barbaric regions? Don't make me laugh! How would that even be possible!"

"But it's true your majesty, without them the United Kingdom would've been destroyed by our armies. But when they came, everything has been-!"

"Don't even finish that sentence! Nothing will bring the empire down! Tell me what have our spies and assassins brought back from this 'Directorate' now!"

"T-That's the problem your majesty... None have ever returned, and we've never heard of them since..."

"What!?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

105K 1.6K 15
High School DxD: Bullet Hell DxD (OP Reimu Trap Reader x Harem) You, the protagonist. After having been killed, you were sent to another world. This...
290 8 11
In the distant future, around the 22nd Century, a world once filled with technological marvels and awe-inspiring advancements has fallen under the sh...
6.7K 175 9
Y/n is your average high school student reaching the end of his final year of high school. Well average as a boy from a rich family who goes to a pri...
824 460 40
I've never been able to taste fear before, but I do now, it lingers in the air. Like a flame. Kindled by the president, fed by the citizens, and I'm...