Future Shock (Initial Project)

By Sp3ctral_52

Noun: Future Shock [Mass Noun] "The State of Distress or Disorientation due to Rapid Social or Technological... More

Vol. 1 Chapter 1 - Ikarashi
Vol. 1 Chapter 2 - Chance
Vol. 1 Chapter 3 - Loyal Squads
Vol. 1 Chapter 4 - Hostile Contact
Vol. 1 Chapter 5 - The Mage
Vol. 1 Chapter 6 - Dispatch
Vol. 1 Chapter 7 - Never Bring a Sword to a Gunfight
Vol. 1 Chapter 8: What... Did I just do?
Vol. 1 Chapter 9 - End of a Guild
Vol. 1 Chapter 10 - Updates
Vol. 1 Chapter 11 - The Medium Tank
Vol. 1 Chapter 12 - New Personnel
Vol. 1 Chapter 13 - The Cavern
Vol. 1 Chapter 14 - The Goddess
Vol. 1 Chapter 15 - Some Minor Advancement
Vol. 2 Chapter 1 - United Kingdom
Vol. 2 Chapter 2 - Albatros
Vol. 2 Chapter 3 - Second Contact
Vol. 2 Chapter 4 - Negotiations
Vol. 2 Chapter 5 - Battle of Albatros (1/2)
Vol. 2 Chapter 6 - Battle of Albatros (2/2)
Vol. 2 Chapter 7 - Aftermath | Encounter
Vol. 2 Chapter 8 - Two Assasins (1/2)
Vol. 2 Chapter 9 - Two Assasins (2/2)
Vol. 2 Chapter 10
Vol. 2 Chapter 11
Vol. 2 Chapter 12 - Hilgus Valley (1/3)
Vol. 2 Chapter 13 - Hilgus Valley (2/3)
Vol. 2 Chapter 14 - Hilgus Valley (3/3)
Vol. 2 Chapter 15 - Aurora Borealis
Vol. 3 Chapter 1 - Accumulation Program
Vol. 3 Chapter 2 - Drone Down
Vol. 3 Chapter 3 - Progression
Vol. 3 Chapter 4 - Modernization
Vol. 3 Chapter 6 - Diplomacy
Vol. 3 Chapter 7 - The First Strike
Vol. 3 Chapter 8 - Confinement
Vol. 3 Chapter 9 - 'Der Wunderschlacht'
Vol. 3 Chapter 10
Vol. 3 Chapter 10.5 - Short Past
Vol. 3 Chapter 11
Vol. 3 Chapter 12 - Demonstrate
Short (and possibly useless) News
Vol. 3 Chapter 13 - Saturation
Vol. 3 Chapter 14 - Prelude to Incursion
Vol. 3 Chapter 15 - Segregation
Vol. 3 Chapter 16 - Anti-Imperialism (1/2)
Vol. 3 Chapter 17 - Anti-Imperialism (2/2)
Vol. 3 Chapter 18 - Besiege
Vol. 3 Chapter 19 - Capitulation
Vol. 3 Chapter 20 - A Rising Nation
Vol. 3 Chapter 20.5 - The Prison
Vol. 4 Chapter 1 - Spies
Vol. 4 Chapter 2 - Foreigners (1/2)
Vol. 4 Chapter 3 - Foriegners (2/2)
Vol. 4 Chapter 4 - The Monument
Vol. 4 Chapter 5 - Another Conflict
Map of Atochia (Repost)
Heheh (Nevermind...)
Vol. 4 Chapter 6 - Afral (1/2)
Vol. 4 Chapter 7 - Afral (2/2)
Vol. 4 Chapter 8 - Calm
Character Sheet 1 (Updated)
Character Sheet 2 (Short)
Vol. 4 Chapter 9 - Entry (1/2)
Vol. 4 Chapter 10 - Undetected
Vol. 4 Chapter 11 - Simultaneous Engagement
Vol. 4 Chapter 12 - A Darkened Mentality
Christmas Special - Christmas Special
Vol. 4 Chapter 13 - Their Fates Pt.I
Vol. 4 Chapter 14 - Their Fates Pt.II

Vol. 3 Chapter 5 - Visitation

1.2K 49 47
By Sp3ctral_52

—~~—Three Days Later —~~—

Ever since the First incident between us and the Empire, I have begun to accelerate the development processes, both domestically and militarily.

The city of New Ottawa have begun to slightly increase in size, and several other municipalities are under construction, Several paths have been widened, and flattened, allowing for the future instalment of Asphalt Roads. The Military is beginning to increase in size, numbering up to 500,000 Personnel (11 Corps | 45,000 personnel per Corps). But the Air Force and Maritime Force have also begun to progress.

For the Maritime Force, I have decided to boost our numbers, So far there are Eleven Ships, Three of which are the Zeratörer 1-class, Three being the Forrest Sherman-class, with another two being the more advanced Farragut-class, the Barony (Baltimore-class Cruiser), and lastly the Newport News, a Heavy cruiser, which is going to be modified whilst being built, I'am still planning on what designs upcoming Frigates or Corvettes should be.

for the Air Force, Propeller Fighter aircraft have now been reduced from Backbone aircraft to Scout & Maritime Patrol Aircraft, While our current main Fighter is the Me-262, with modifications, internal improvements, and new engines, the 262 will be more reliable, manoeuvrable, and capable, as-well as ruling out several major weaknesses the originals had. With our technology, and level upgrades, I could've attempted to create F-4 phantoms, but they will be severely limited into small numbers, so I decided to focus on larger numbers for now, to quench the mass numbers of enemy armies, so I chose the Me-262, a Fighter-bomber, capable of decimating Ground Troops, While also excellent in combating Aerial opponents, and with its speed combined with upgraded manoeuvrability, it rules out the P-51 Mustang. And New Helicopters are currently being manufactured.

As for the Ground Force, It has remained relatively the same, aside from upgrades to current vehicles, All Leopard 1 MBTs have been updated or replaced with the latest variant, the 1A4 And the Flakpanzer Gepard is beginning to be fielded as a vehicle for Anti-Air Warfare, as I was already beginning to expect opposition from the skies.

And lastly the Security Enforcement Squadron, I have decided to give them a boost in tactical combat training, as they are currently a Militia Group meant to prevent any insurgent, Mercenary, Assassin, or enemy spy to enter within the confines of the Directorate, which have been working successfully.

They are personnel are incapable of being Mind controlled, Drugged, Bribed, and all know how to conduct escape attempts with little flaws, even in the most dire situations.

But my current problem is how to resolve this matter, I have decided to conduct a more serious attention towards external nations.

"It has come to our attention that establishing Non-hostile Relations with another country, I have been pondering on sending a diplomatic envoy to this Reichian Empire, But with all Information we have regarding them, that won't be possible as of now." The one who spoke was Gabriel, he is the head of the recently created Department of Foreign Affairs, and he too is a new person here.

"With all this in mind, that currently points to have our diplomacy towards an eastern nation instead." I replied

"Indeed, Director. The United Kingdom of Pluvimia, has been struggling against the empire, but they are still standing strong. If we were to establish relations with them, we may get some tension off of our backs, and assist them in their campaigns against the empire."

"And, Uh... As for my 'Defence' for my statement, We have assisted them three times, Director. Once directly during the battle of albatros, and twice indirectly by; saving and assisting Princess Lynette, and eliminating an entire Imperial Force monitoring a significant region in the cut-off point, and capturd their Figurehead, Trump card, and Second-in-command, Andr, The Summoned one." He finished.

I nodded in agreement.

"I'm baffled at how you managed to gain such amount of independence, in just two days."

"It was because of you Director, May I speak the the truth? When I was first created I believed it would be the essential 'Master commanding his servant to do everything and anything he wants, for his own gain, with unconditional loyalty.' But, really... You treat us as if we are human beings like yourself."

"Well... You are, are you not?" I asked

"*scoffed laugh* Yes, Director. I was just saying how much it felt to gain rights, I guess this is how the Black people felt, when slavery was abolished?"

"Most probably. Oh-! Anyways, back to the topic; I agree with that but... It's not that I have doubts in your choice, but it's the Doubt they would even choose to even come into contact with us."

"They are in a desperate time sir, Princess Lynette and Knight Echethier are aware of our capabilities, they may appease to the King if possible, but as of now, We need to use some of our cards in diplomacy to try and-"

"Director!" Eventually Kara bursted into the room, I nearly fell off my rotating seat, while Gabriel fell off of his.

"W-wha-? Yes K-Kara, What seems to be the situation now?" I said as I stand up from my seat.

"We intercepted a Horse-drawn Convoy, of three carriages and Dozens of Horsemen, most likely escorts. They say they are from the United kingdom, and are serving as Envoys to the Directorate."

"...What?" I spoke, after a few moments of silence.

"Oh, And Princess Lynette and Elizabet are both in the convoy." She added in bluntly.

———2 Days Ago———

The Southern Regions, where the capital laid, has been starving themselves out, the Imperial Cut-off Territory severed the supply Transportation from the north to the south, and a naval blockade was conducted preventing Maritime Trade & Transportation, as-well as preventing allied assistance with their Iron-reinforced 80 & 100-cannon Galleons, all these resulted in the UKP draining themselves out of Military-grade Food, manpower, and resources.

In a meeting room, the King and several army personnel, including the Order knights, were discussing on the next course of action, but they all knew one thing, the longer this war ensues, the UKP will starve themselves out into submission.

"What do we do..." the Prince who was usually calm and optimistic, was beginning to have doubts.

"We can take them! We need to redirect all forces into a weakspot!" One Noble yelled, he was from the Northern Territory, and was now sheltered in the Capital. He was one of those nationalists.

"And how do you suppose we find that huh?! If we send out aerial or scout units they might as well be targeted and killed, We can't replace our losses, and we have no more contact with the north!" The prince retorted

Amidst this Lynette stood in her chair, this cornered situation has been eating her out, and the King prevented her from leaving the confines of the Capital, out of fear of another ambush, however she has been quite a help in tactics, but ever since they encountered their so called Steam-powered carriages, which they called 'Tanks' they have been pushed back, skill and number is no longer a factor.

"Forces have never even caught, let alone; Overwhelm, any of these Iron beasts... Our options are decreasing day by day..." one of the commanders uttered.

Eventually Lynette recalled events that happened prior to her return. The King, noticing her sudden expression, asked.

"My Daughter, Do you have something in mind for the next course of action?" The king said, which made several individuals in the chamber to look at her, waiting for an answer.

"...Father, I know a group who can help us defend these regions, but the problem is; Only I know them, and where they are."

"What is this group...?"

"An Organization of sorts, they have the resources and weaponry to combat the Upcoming Invading Forces of the Reichian Empire."

"And where are they located?" The prince asked.

"...The Nomadic Regions" the northern nobles look on with disgust at that word, while most of the others present were confused.

Upon hearing that, Elizabet stumbled for a fraction of second, with little notice from anyone, however Lynette glanced at her to a split-Second. She remembered Matthew's group that defended the City of Albatros, She remembered that they came from the Nomadic Regions.

"Lynn, I cant just let you risk your life by leaving the confines of this capital-!"

"Then we have no more extra options, other than our own.

"..." Several people were silent

"Father, Let me tell you something. If it weren't for their 'Director', I wouldn't be here, and that Summoned One would've prevailed and punch through the nomadic regions to surround us. Now it is your choice to believe or not believe what I'm saying next; they never asked for money or my body for compensation, they asked to be remain unknown, I have believed them to be nomads themselves, not wanting to be amidst national tensions, But they are currently one of our last hopes."

"But this is a challenging task, Defending an entire nation? Let's say they actually managed to succeed, Just imagine the immense conditions for such a thing!" The northern Noble said worried more about the payment cost.

"That's what diplomacy is for, Northern Noble."

"...But, The Bandits or any other insurgents may be in the nomadic regions, your safety is our primary concern." The King doubted

"Actually, Your Majesty, Demi-human scouts have discovered that bandit activity has strangely decreased, and what shocked them more was that they found several bodies of Bandits, and abandoned camps." Elizabet said.

"Abandoned eh?...That Makes it all the more easier for us."

"But then again... What happens if it was a deception tactic, or if there are more Bandits Hidden?" The king was all too paranoid, it was understandable, Several things have gone wrong in the past weeks, and he didn't want to have his daughter attacked & lost again, and possibly lose her completely.

"Father, We have very little options, I have seen their weaponry first-Hand. They can assist us, I'am willing to take responsibility for the compensation. If not... Everything is going to be reduced to ash..."

"..."

"*sigh* I want a diplomatic convoy ready-."

"Your majesty I strictly suggest not to, we're sending the princess to some Barbarian orga-!" One of the northerners attempted to disagree.

"Silence." The king pointed his finger towards the northern noble, instantaneously shutting him up.

"-AndI want it to be heavily defended, I'll be appointing the Knight Order for this task. Lynette, I hope you stay safe."

"Don't worry father, Remember, I have gotten stronger."

Elizabet only looked at her, in thought, but the meeting was adjourned

———————

Elizabet was walking through the hallways of the Palace, she was in deep thought, about everything Lynette has said, she never said anything when she came back other than the attack.

"Eliza." Lynette eventually said, as she approached Elizabet from behind.

"Y-Your Highness." She bowed.

"You seem to be dazed, did I say something that bothered you?"

"N-No, Princess, I was just thinking about the possible enemies for defending your convoy." She lied, attempting to end the conversation quickly.

"Is it about the Organization In the Nomadic Regions?"

Elizabet stood silent, before she objected.

"No... I believed that-"

"There is no need to lie Eliza, Matthew already told me several things when we were at that forest."

Elizabet's gaze quickly focused on Lynette, and her eyes widened. While Lynette just smiled, with a hint of Smugness behind it.

"The 'Treaty of Obscurity' was it?" Lynette continued

"...Y-Yes, Your highness, I'am sorry doing such an unauthorised act." She said no longer objecting the truth.

"No no no, what you did was good, he saved the port city, and his conditions were the most favourable... Out of all 'other' possibilities."

Elizabet only nodded lightly, whilst still remaining silent.

"*sigh* Even though this diplomatic mission will break the treaty, it is needed. And I managed to get a glimpse of his personality, he is troubled but... He isn't quick to snap, such as 'breaking an agreement in a non-hostile manner out of desperation'."

"But how would you know he won't? I don't even think he is human...!

"-An ability which he refers to as 'Matter Manipulation' which allows him to complete alter and control anything surrounding him in his volition." Elizabet stood silent.

"He told me lots of things, I can understand why You don't trust him. Because he has this power. And let me tell you something, that you cannot absolutely tell to anyone."

"W-What is it, Your Highness?"

Lynette leans in close to her ear.

"Matthew... Is a Resurrected One." Just That sentence made Elizabet, her blood ran cold, almost as if they were beginning to slowly crystallize.

"H-He... *gulp* H-H-He is..." She stuttered.

"I know, it may seem unbelievable, but they say experience is the best teacher, I have seen everything he did, Things that can only be done by these Resurrected ones, If he was to be our ally, the Empire's Resurrected done will face an equal like none-other."

"But then doesn't that mean, he is malicious...? He must be planning something..."

"Eliza, Remember I can surmise everything a person says, and I can use hidden magic to see into his personality. Unbelievably, he has no malicious intent, his interest lay in Creation. But there is a negative side, which can be triggered by Atrocious acts such as Slavery, so bringing slaves as payment won't be an option."

Elizabet was busy taking all the information, before she could speak.

"Do you really trust him?"

"I bet on every fibre of my being."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9K 492 57
NOTICE: THIS STORY IS AN OLD DRAFT. It is currently in the process of being rewritten. For your sake (and mine) please go check out "ILLUSIONS AND LI...
37.7K 2K 47
Getting Isekai'd to another world is indeed awesome, especially embarking on an adventure as a hero to defeat the Demon King, who turns out to be a w...
5.7M 304K 125
Falling into the fiery hell she created must've been the perfect way for her to die. The other woman would then become the heroine that saved the tow...
I Want It All By Blaxk77

General Fiction

1.2K 103 9
[This Modern vs Fantasy story exist for the sole purpose of commiting warcrimes] A scientific genius with sociopathic tendencies dies on our Earth bu...