Future Shock (Initial Project)

By Sp3ctral_52

Noun: Future Shock [Mass Noun] "The State of Distress or Disorientation due to Rapid Social or Technological... More

Vol. 1 Chapter 1 - Ikarashi
Vol. 1 Chapter 2 - Chance
Vol. 1 Chapter 3 - Loyal Squads
Vol. 1 Chapter 4 - Hostile Contact
Vol. 1 Chapter 5 - The Mage
Vol. 1 Chapter 6 - Dispatch
Vol. 1 Chapter 7 - Never Bring a Sword to a Gunfight
Vol. 1 Chapter 9 - End of a Guild
Vol. 1 Chapter 10 - Updates
Vol. 1 Chapter 11 - The Medium Tank
Vol. 1 Chapter 12 - New Personnel
Vol. 1 Chapter 13 - The Cavern
Vol. 1 Chapter 14 - The Goddess
Vol. 1 Chapter 15 - Some Minor Advancement
Vol. 2 Chapter 1 - United Kingdom
Vol. 2 Chapter 2 - Albatros
Vol. 2 Chapter 3 - Second Contact
Vol. 2 Chapter 4 - Negotiations
Vol. 2 Chapter 5 - Battle of Albatros (1/2)
Vol. 2 Chapter 6 - Battle of Albatros (2/2)
Vol. 2 Chapter 7 - Aftermath | Encounter
Vol. 2 Chapter 8 - Two Assasins (1/2)
Vol. 2 Chapter 9 - Two Assasins (2/2)
Vol. 2 Chapter 10
Vol. 2 Chapter 11
Vol. 2 Chapter 12 - Hilgus Valley (1/3)
Vol. 2 Chapter 13 - Hilgus Valley (2/3)
Vol. 2 Chapter 14 - Hilgus Valley (3/3)
Vol. 2 Chapter 15 - Aurora Borealis
Vol. 3 Chapter 1 - Accumulation Program
Vol. 3 Chapter 2 - Drone Down
Vol. 3 Chapter 3 - Progression
Vol. 3 Chapter 4 - Modernization
Vol. 3 Chapter 5 - Visitation
Vol. 3 Chapter 6 - Diplomacy
Vol. 3 Chapter 7 - The First Strike
Vol. 3 Chapter 8 - Confinement
Vol. 3 Chapter 9 - 'Der Wunderschlacht'
Vol. 3 Chapter 10
Vol. 3 Chapter 10.5 - Short Past
Vol. 3 Chapter 11
Vol. 3 Chapter 12 - Demonstrate
Short (and possibly useless) News
Vol. 3 Chapter 13 - Saturation
Vol. 3 Chapter 14 - Prelude to Incursion
Vol. 3 Chapter 15 - Segregation
Vol. 3 Chapter 16 - Anti-Imperialism (1/2)
Vol. 3 Chapter 17 - Anti-Imperialism (2/2)
Vol. 3 Chapter 18 - Besiege
Vol. 3 Chapter 19 - Capitulation
Vol. 3 Chapter 20 - A Rising Nation
Vol. 3 Chapter 20.5 - The Prison
Vol. 4 Chapter 1 - Spies
Vol. 4 Chapter 2 - Foreigners (1/2)
Vol. 4 Chapter 3 - Foriegners (2/2)
Vol. 4 Chapter 4 - The Monument
Vol. 4 Chapter 5 - Another Conflict
Map of Atochia (Repost)
Heheh (Nevermind...)
Vol. 4 Chapter 6 - Afral (1/2)
Vol. 4 Chapter 7 - Afral (2/2)
Vol. 4 Chapter 8 - Calm
Character Sheet 1 (Updated)
Character Sheet 2 (Short)
Vol. 4 Chapter 9 - Entry (1/2)
Vol. 4 Chapter 10 - Undetected
Vol. 4 Chapter 11 - Simultaneous Engagement
Vol. 4 Chapter 12 - A Darkened Mentality
Christmas Special - Christmas Special
Vol. 4 Chapter 13 - Their Fates Pt.I
Vol. 4 Chapter 14 - Their Fates Pt.II

Vol. 1 Chapter 8: What... Did I just do?

2.3K 81 85
By Sp3ctral_52

(Esther POV)

Teleportation, one of the advanced-grade magics I have, I was capable of transporting myself, objects, or other people within close or far distances in the blink of an eye. 'Mother... Thank god, we were here, I never wanted it to be like this, please don't Die... I don't want to lose you too...'

I teleported myself and Sera towards a different location in the town, a Courtyard.

"!?" Sera was in confusion, that was expected, I never performed not told them my Teleportation properties... even though that was a high risk on myself. Sera's gaze shifted her green eyes around, her blonde hair fluttering as she quickly observed her surroundings, before she gazed back at me.

"Sera..."

"Esther... I-" She stuttered.

"Please, don't do this... They brought my family, They will be tortured, whether they are In the guilds hands, or those men in grey your allied with."

"Sera, don't come to conclusions, They are-" I stopped my sentence, as she fired an Arrow at me with such speed, but one arrow didn't end it. She began shooting arrows at me at fast intervals.

Using enhanced Body Magic, which gradually consumes mana similar to how a fire slowly melts the Wax of a candle, I managed to dodge her arrows, she stopped firing as I eventually lunged at her, and she pulled out a One-edged Sword, My staff was reinforced with some kind non-rusting cast iron which gave it the durability to that of armour.

Our weapons impacted however Sera's sword cracked slightly, to which she responded by athletically jumping back, before keeping her blade high.

"Sera, please listen to me!"

"Just Shut up! I can't believe any lies that those humans have said! I don't want to lose them! Just-!" She yelled while tears for me in her eyes, before she was knocked back, as a Loud boom resounded, and blood began spilling from her shoulder.

"Huh!?" I said in shock.

"Gah! *cough* *struggle noises*"

"Ms. Esther!" I heard a familiar voice, as I turn around to see Kara the subordinate of that Resurrected One. Dual-wielding stranger looking 'guns'.

"Kara!" I yelled in response.

"Come on, we need to get out of here." She said as she approached me.

"No... Wait..." I said faintly in objection, before I turned around to look at Sera, her eyes were closed but tears still formed out, as if she was accepting her fate.

"I need some help."

"What?" She said, before she looked at Sera, she looked back at me in confusion. I think she guessed my intentions.
"But, She is..."

"Please, I'll explain it later. But really I need some help, I can repay you people. But I need your help." I pleaded, while She looked to the ground whilst pondering before she looked back at me after several moments of silence.

"Alright, Sir might talk to me about this, but... He did want me to assist allies, as he assists us."

I smile and nodded, to which she nodded back.

"What about the Others?"

"They are busy with the subhumans of the guild, I think it will buy us some time for whatever your plan is. But there will only be Tw- Three of us."

"That will be fine, but I will need to heal her first. And get her with us."

"Do What you do best."

I raised my staff over Sera, she seemed to have reacted to my presence.

"Wha- *cough* a-are you doing...?" She spoke

"Those men aren't as cruel as our masters, you don't have to believe me, but I just want to ask you... You want your family to be free?"

She only stared at me

"We can help you make that wish, if you follow our plan."

"W-We?" She said before she looked behind me, to see Kara.

"Yes, We."

———

(Matthew POV)
I have not anticipated this...

Our bullets can't even penetrate this person's shield, and again at random intervals he begins firing high-voltage streams, that I would imagine he would call Lightning, which can knock personnel back, but fortunately they wouldn't die... Death isn't something I want them to experience... They were only created here just hours or a day ago.
His shields... I never expected magic to be this impenetrable...

I eventually used up most of my mana create semi-automatic Firearms, and a few grenades, but whilst attempting to manifest one, I realized I couldn't anymore.

'Stamina-Preservation Measures... I'm out of Mana and I couldn't utilize my Stamina as a substitute... But what made my blood run cold is the next words the man said as he approached.'

"Hmm? It seems you have run out of mana... I can't believe you fell for that! I knew it! Cowardice and Gullibility! Hahahahahaha!"

'Dammit...! What have I done!? No, I can't let him-'

"Let me show you my power! You have made the mistake!"

He yelled before he raised his hand, his shield dissipated but a dark dome manifested and encompassed me and my men. The dome prevented the Two tanks from approaching, they attempted firing shells but they couldn't penetrate it.

"What-? What is...-"

"Sir, What are your orders? we can-!" I heard one of my personnel yell which made me turn to look at him, but His sentence was cut as his body seemingly exploded, blood spilling into a puddle and light-blue cubes dissipate into air from his remains.

"!" I stared in shock, before abruptly even more of them began to share the same fate, from 20 personnel in our location, it was reduced to 5.

All of which a bloody mass remained, some of the stains have remained on my face, one of the survivors saw some standing still my expression in disbelief.

"Sir?"

I heard him but... I couldn't move...

'Again... Again... I let it happen Again... I've made the worst choices, because I didn't think on the statistics properly... I underestimated the cruelty of this world... In the end, I Let them Die again... Why...?'

The dome slowly dissipated, however it then reformed into a wall, the two tanks were separated from us. The lumbering dual-wielder named Don, eventually approached.

"Hahaha!" He laughed, but I still didn't flinch back.

"See! you have No more power, only Cowardice! You can't even face me! Dom, Kill him."

To which the man through one of his large daggers aimed straight for my head, I turned around.

"Sir!" One of my remaining personnel, dashed in-front of me, only for him to take my place in death, the dagger pierced through his head, the tip of the blade just a foot away from my face, blood lightly hit me, before the soldier's body fell to the ground, as a pool of blood formed.

Just then, my surroundings went cold... And my head lowered.

"Kuh! Man, you are worthless aren't you? Dom!" Hayden said

"Yes, Sir!" Dom eventually dashed towards me, my head was still lowered however, upon reaching a few yards in-front of me, I felt like I lost control of my own body. My head raised, my Pupils were dilated and appeared unstable, they were drained of colour severely and were reduced to a greyish-Dull Blue, I had lost all feasible expression from my face.

'What's happening?!' I said in my mind with anxiety but my entire form on the exterior was contrary.

"Aah-! *gurk* G- Ah!" He stopped in His tracks, Hayden and his remaining men too was startled by Why he stopped. However almost everyone noticed the air seemed to be distorted around him, That was my doing.

Matter Manipulation, I wasn't just capable of rearranging the patterns and editing Atoms & molecules to create an entirely different object as if I created it out of thin air, I was also capable of Influencing and Interacting with Matter, I managed to manipulate the surrounding air particles to a degree where I'am holding him in place... I didn't shed a single expression, Everything felt numb.

Dom was quite strong, he struggled severely but managed to keep pushing himself forward with all his strength to kill me. Eventually I did something I never thought I would do, I went ahead and caused the air particles surrounding him to vibrate, the degree of vibration I'm conducting resulted in... Spontaneous Combustion.

"AHH! Argh! *cough* AH-!" He screamed as his entire body was engulfed in flame after the air particles combusted as one. However I did not stop, I kept him in place as I continuously cause the air particles to combust over and over, burning his body, for dozens of seconds... I eventually stopped after his screaming stopped and all that's left was the struggling noises of his faint almost incomprehensible voice, and Then I Manipulated the surrounding particles to throw him back, and into the middle of the Middle of the Four-road intersection where his body continued to burn.

"W-Wha-...!?" Hayden himself was startled.

"You... M-Monster! Kill hi-!" Before he could finish his order to his nearby men, fast-paced slashes in the air caused him to stop his sentence, However he felt nothing, after knowing he was fine he attempted to order again, but to his horror.

"*cough*"

"W-Wh-"

Several of his men fell to the ground, as puddles of blood begin to form around their bodies, I Sent Unbearably Thin slashes of Manipulated Air particles, to pierce almost all of Hayden's remaining men. As he looked around in disbelief, he turned to look at me, but I wasn't there.

"W-W-Where are you Co-!?" His sentence was abruptly stopped as I appeared right in-front of him, I appeared in the blink of an eye as static formed around me like a glitch in a Program, as I pulled my fist back, and punched him in the face which sent him meters away. He received a Nosebleed.

"*cough* Bl- Argh...! *panting*"

"You shouldn't have done that." I said with little to no expression in my voice, yet he held his pride high and didn't flinch, but instead he raised his hand to use his magic, on me. Several projectiles and streams of Lightning, keep being vectored towards me only to be reduced to cold Snowflakes as I constantly and instantaneously rearrange, edit, and replace their their molecules and the molecular.

Eventually all the attacks stop before I remained static 5 feet away from Hayden, he wasted his mana.

"The Irony Hurts doesn't it? You told me it was my downfall that I wasted my mana, who here expected that the one who said that would end up the same, Mana-less. Do you have anymore tricks up your sleeve, or is this the end of the line...?" I said, again without any form of expression. There wasn't even a tone of mockery or Discrimination.

"You-! Your a monster!"

"Ooh... I'm offended, anything else?"

He eventually drew out something from his waist, it looked like a weapon of sorts, but it wasn't a firearm. My guess was that it was a magic-concentrated weapon of sorts, and I was right.

"Void!" He yelled which caused an entire streak of a dark Massless Substance to emit from the object, however to his horror, the streak of darkness too Was reduced to powdered snow, which slowly fell to the ground into forming a small concentration.

He looked at me, now fear is in his voice, and began scrambling backwards. Several of the civilians in the town were also wide-eyes, some were even fearful.

"Get Away! You Monster! You idiots help me!" He screamed to try and call for any of his remaining men, unfortunately for him, they were not here.

"So you finally swallowed your pride, eh?" I spoke.

I'm scared... Even though I'm the one who these bastards are afraid of, I'm more scared of myself, I took away those lives and I'm cornering this man, without a shed of hesitation or empathy, I lost full control of what I want. What... What is happening...?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.2K 1K 31
Noun: Future Shock [Mass Noun] [ /ˈfyo͞oCHər SHäk/ ] "A state of distress or disorientation due to rapid Social or Technological change." - Oxford En...
34.2K 1K 23
Reincarnated in Another World With the Ability to Create a Modern Country Dariel a senior high school student who died because of a traffic accident...
4.9K 150 14
[Story under heavy WIP, feedback very greatly appreciated. Title and description subject to constant changes.] "You never know what you truly have un...
294 9 11
In the distant future, around the 22nd Century, a world once filled with technological marvels and awe-inspiring advancements has fallen under the sh...