daveed and emmy oneshots

By daveedxemmy

just a one shot book about daveed diggs and emmy raver lampman:)) feel free to leave reviews/ comments More

i miss you
a perfect date
always by your side
the times we share
#mealswithfriends
the love of my life
slowing down
midnight scares
sleepovers
valentine's day
new addition
pool party
start of something new
ill leave a light on
we found love
renovations
you complete me
make time for me
adrenaline rush
cozy night in
pefect timing
survival jobs
better someday
birthdays
no place i'd rather be
photoshoot
keep you safe while you sleep
a place we knew
7 nights in chicago
sweet suprise
suprise cuts
baby fever
sing me to sleep
pizza nights
freedom to feel
something in the water
you know i love you, right?
slow dance into the night
helping hand
sweet life
gone outside
farmer's market
we will always be us
don't let go
all alright
firsts
rest & recovery
extra thankful
i do
suprise!
mario kart
trial run
freedom to feel pt 2
rainy day
something in the orange
|| birthday. trippin. ||
Wherever you are
If you love something...
Secrets out

sleeping beauty

285 10 7
By daveedxemmy

~ requested by @peachy_peachess and Garnet-The-Fusion

The beep beep of Rafa's truck was the alarm that signaled Daveed and Emmy that it was time to go. They had just finished their senior year of high school and were taking this trip to kick off their summer.

Emmy grabbed 2 of the bags and Daveed grabbed the other 2 and they headed out the door. Outside was Rafa's big black pickup truck containing him, his girlfriend, Jasmine, and Anthony. The group of friends were heading out to a campground in the forest to spend 4 days out in the wild.

"Y'all ready?" Rafa yelled at them even though they were hardly 50 feet away.

"Yeah," Daveed nodded.

Emmy had gone over to Daveed's house early to not only spend time with him and finish packing but so Rafa would have one less stop to make. Rafa had picked all of them up and would be driving them to the campground.

Although the truck was quite large, with everyone inside there was only one seat left.

"Emmy gets the seat, sorry Diggs," Rafa shrugged and laughed.

"I would've given it to her anyways," Daveed rolled his eyes, "I'm good in the trunk,"

"I'll sit back there with you," Emmy said with a nod.

"Emmy, no you don't have to do that," Daveed said as he grabbed her hand.

"No it's fine, it's a 15 minute drive and I want to sit with you," she said.

"If you insist," Daveed said, moving towards the back of the trunk.

Daveed climbed up the back end of the trunk and reached out his hand for Emmy to take. He helped her up and sat down so that she could have a seat on his lap.

Moments later the group was off, Rafa's truck was set in motion and they would soon be at the campsite. Inside the trunk Rafa, Jas, Ant, and Kim were giggling and conversing, but at the back, Daveed and Emmy were in their own world and frankly they wouldn't have it any other way. They were about to spend the next 4 days with their friends and this was their last summer before college so they were totally fine with the seclusion.

Emmy had cuddled more into Daveed's lap the more they drove. Daveed moved his arm to wrap around her and hold her close.

He leaned his head down to whisper in her ear, "You're so beautiful," placing a kiss on her shoulder he added, "my beautiful princess."

Emmy blushed and leaned into his touch, "So you're my prince?"

"Mhm," Daveed said as he wrapped his other arm around her to envelope her in a hug.

The wheels of the truck kept turning until they finally docked in the woods. There weren't too many people around so they'd have plenty of room to spread out. Daveed jumped off the back of the truck and reached out to help Emmy down. Rafa, Jas, Ant, and Kim followed by getting out of their respective seats.

They all grabbed their bags, Emmy grabbing Daveed's so he could help Rafa unload the tents.

At last the truck was empty and the group headed to find an empty spot. They found one not too far from where they were parked, it was pretty clear of trees and close to the water.

"I think we should start by finding some wood before it gets dark," Daveed spoke up while everyone was dropping their bags.

All of the friends agreed with this idea and they all dispersed to search for wood. Each one of them went in a different direction and they would meet back once they found adequate pieces.

Emmy stepped through many branches in search of wood. She hardly knew what wood made a fire but she figured she could find something. While she was walking, she could see a figure becoming clearer and clearer, indicating that they were moving towards her. She decided to brush it off as an animal or something, after all, she was walking through a forest. The figure kept approaching until she could see that it was another person, someone she didn't know.

Emmy made the quick decision to just mind her business and maybe they would leave her alone. They got closer and closer until she saw that it was just another lady. The lady looked nice and not too intimidating so Emmy's fears were eased a bit.

"Hey! Sorry if I scared you," the lady began with a smile, "I just heard you guys and wanted to know if you wanted some of our leftover s'mores ingredients. My family's heading out but we packed too much."

"Oh my gosh," Emmy said, letting go of the breath that was constricting her chest, "I thought you were an axe murder or something."

"No, just your neighborhood s'mores maker," the lady replied, very cheerfully.

"Oh, umm sure I'll take them, I'm sure my friends will like them," Emmy accepted the woman's offer.

"Great," the lady gave Emmy the items and just as fast as she appeared, she was gone, leaving Emmy alone as she started with the wood.

As weird as the interaction was, something about the woman made Emmy trust that she wasn't up to any harm. Emmy continued to pick a couple more pieces of wood and headed back to her friends.

"What took you so long?" Daveed asked, concern etching in his tone.

"Uh, it was weird, some lady came up to me and gave me chocolate, marshmallows, and graham crackers," Emmy replied, holding up the items to show.

At her show and tell, Rafa piped up with a "Sweet!" before Daveed could air any more of his concerns.

The group split up once again to set up the tents and fire. Jas, Emmy, and Kim got to work on all 3 tents and the guys got to work on the fire. Once all these tasks were done they reconvened over the fire sitting around in a circle.

"Yo, Emmy why don't we make some of those s'mores," Rafa said.

"Yeah sure," Emmy stood up and walked to her and Daveed's tent where she had dropped off the ingredients. She grabbed it all up and headed back to the fire to take her spot.

With Daveed's help she passed around marshmallows and sticks to everyone to roast. They all situated their marshmallows and sat back down to watch them cook. While they were making the s'mores, everyone was talking, laughing, and reminiscing on their high school years.

They were so noisy and in tuned into the conversation that Daveed hadn't even noticed Emmy was laying down. In the middle of an outburst of laughter, he glanced out of his eye to see her just laying there, not laughing, seemingly not doing anything. She had dropped the s'more she had taken one bite of and her whole body was still.

Daveed jumped up from where he was sitting and leaped to the other side of their circle, just narrowly missing the fire.

"EMMY," he belted, finally making it across where he could see her.

Everyone else took notice when Daveed ran to her. They all looked in shock at the girl just laying there, none of them even noticing before Daveed said something.

"Emmy! Emmy!," Daveed frantically called some more, hoping she would wake up to his voice, "Why didn't y'all do anything?" he asked Rafa and Jas who were sitting right next to her.

"I swear I didn't even see her D," Jas answered genuinely.

"Me too man, last time I looked over she was just eating her s'more," Rafa answered.

Daveed continued calling her name all to no avail. He shook her, patted her arm, and sat her up, yet nothing worked to wake her up. "Emmy, please," he called again.

Daveed put his fingers on her neck to check her pulse. He could barely feel anything. Tears sprung at his eyes and complete terror took over him.

"Guys, I don't think she's breathing," he cried.

"Let me check, watch out," Rafa moved in. Everyone was gathered around, watching as Daveed and now Rafa unsuccessfully attempted to wake her up.

"Those damn s'mores. I never should of let her- I knew- I should've... I should've stepped in... I- I never should of let her go alone.. I should've been there- I could've stopped it. Man, if I could get my hands on that woman who gave them to her," Daveed babbled, sadness, anger, and panic overtaking his emotions.

"Diggs, stop, calm down, she'll be alright, I'm gonna do cpr," Rafa, interjected, beginning chest compressions.

"No, no I should do it," Daveed said, pushing him over only slightly.

"You're a mess, let me do it, your minds going everywhere right now," Rafa spoke, continuing his compressions. Emmy still had not moved, no signs or increased breathing or anything.

"Rafa, let me do it," Daveed said, much more sternly this time. The longer she was out, the more worried he got, and as much as he trusted his best friend, he couldn't live with himself if he himself could have saved her, but because he let Rafa do it, she... she- he couldn't think that far but the idea was there.

Daveed took over cpr, giving her more chest compressions and then opening her mouth to give his breath to fill her airway. After the first round of cpr she still hadn't moved, but he kept going, even as his tears were falling on to her.

The second round of cpr produced the same results, no change, yet Daveed continued on. During his compressions this time, he pleaded to her please wake up, baby, please don't leave me.

Daveed opened his mouth one more time to fill her airway. He gave one breath, no change, then another, and she still sat still under him. He gave one additional breath, praying with everything in him. He put all he had into this breath and suddenly Emmy squawked underneath him.

She coughed and heaved trying to catch her breath. Daveed picked her up from where she had been laying in the grass and held her bridal style in his lap.

"Emmy," he cried once more.

Emmy was taking in her surroundings, completely unaware of what had just happened.

"Well hello there, sleeping beauty," Rafa said with a small chuckle.

"Huh, what," Emmy asked confusedly.

"Nothing you need to worry about now," Daveed answered, placing a kiss on her forehead, "I'll fill you in later but promise me you won't take food from a stranger ever again?"

"Uh yeah I guess," Emmy replied, still confused, but curling into him to get away from the cold air she was now feeling.

"Thank you, and thank you for coming back," Daveed said placing one more kiss on her forehead and pulling her close.

~ lol this is like barely au but I hope it was decent

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111K 1.1K 87
!WARNING THIS IS IN THE MIDDLE OF RECONSTRUCTION! Hello humans! Do you like Hamilton? Do you like Angst?Do you like fluff? I KNOW YOU DO SO THIS IS T...
79.4K 1K 13
Basically one shots about one of my favorite ships Could be fluff, could be smut- I'll give warnings Temporary (or permanently possibly) pause on up...
62.2K 1K 13
Decided to start this one because we love Will and Nico here. Fluff and angst ahead! I love and do take requests so please leave them! Enjoy these on...
106K 4.8K 65
[Discontinued] These are oneshotes I used to write years ago, but haven't in a while as my life has moved on. It is unlikely I will ever post more of...