Chapter 34 ~ A new World

(Above is a picture I drew of what Lilo is suppose to look like)

Max's P.o.v.

It was about nine in the morning. The two were still asleep, they stayed up watching Annabell last night. I know that because they asked if I had wanted to join, but I wanted them to get their alone time. Every since Lilo found me, her and the blonde have been tending to me non stop.

I laid on the couch, my legs dangling over the armrest. I watched the birds that landed in the yard then would later fly away. The sun was slowly raising every second and it was beautiful. I heard a door open then quietly shut, footsteps followed after.

I watched as the blonde materialized from beneath the threshold of the hallway. He wore only sweats and socks.

"Morning." His thick Irish accent groggy.

"Morning." I repeated. He flopped down on the couch beside me and stared at the ceiling.

"Sleep good?" He asked. I nodded followed by a yawn, I then pointed at him, gesturing him to tell me how he slept. He got the hint and began to answer.

"I slept great, well that is after I dragged Lilo to bed at four in the morning." He informed me. I furrowed my brows together at him.

"Why'd you have to drag her?" I asked.

"Because she was looking up apartments and houses all after the movie for I think you and Daniel." He answered. I shifted myself so that I was looking at the ceiling, I couldn't believe that my sister's boyfriend had to drag her to bed because she was looking up houses and apartments for me until four in the morning. I didn't see how much she cared for me until now.

I heard the door open again and the quietest footsteps you could ever hear. A sleepy Lilo formed from the darkness of the hallway and rubbed her eyes.

"Morning Leha. Sleep good?" I asked as she wrapped me in a hug then took small steps towards the blonde.

"Yeah." She answered softly. She laid into the blonde's arms and I watched as he embraced her in a hug and kissed her forehead.

"You should've slept more, you were up until four." Niall told her. She shrugged as she traced her fingers over his stomach.

"I know, but I suddenly got cold and I couldn't find my heater." She told him. I guessed she referred the blonde as her heater.

I had never seen Lilo act like this in front of any guy. There was something different, like if something about her changed. I just couldn't place my finger on it.

"And plus, I got freaked after I realized I was in the room alone...." She added quietly. She didn't like to be in a room by herself after watching scary movies. I heard the blonde chuckle and Lilo smack his arm lightly.

"I like your dolls." The blonde teased. I turned my head and looked towards the two. Lilo stood from the couch, the blonde reaching out for her as she walked away.

"Hey wait don't be mad! It was just a joke." He pleaded. She smiled and looked back at him. He ran up to her and folded her into a giant hug.

"Please Lilo! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings! I thought it was a harmless joke!" The blonde spilled.

"Niall, I'm not mad. I'm hungry. I was getting up to eat. Calm down weirdo." Lilo laughed.

It was cute watching the two be the way they were. Like I said before, I had never seen Lilo that happy with someone. Not with Dylan nor Jackson. And we all thought her and Jackson would end up getting back together.

I got up from the couch and headed towards the bathroom. The laughiyng of the couple could be heard from down the hall.

I walked into the bathroom and stare into the mirror. There were dark circles under my eyes, you could see the outline of my teeth, my arms were so thin.

I pulled the ends of my shirt up and looked at myself in the mirror. The outline of my ribs were scary-looking, but worst of all, there was a giant bruise that covered the left side of my stomach that was hidden away by my shirt.

Alex had given it to me. He warned me not to tell Lilo about anything that he did to me. The door opened, and before I had enough time to think about putting my shirt down, the blonde walked in.

"Lilo wanted me to tell you that- holy shit!" He cursed as his eyes went directly to my side. I dropped my shirt and pulled him in and quickly shut the door behind him.

"Do not tell Lilo. I beg of you, please don't say anything Niall." He was wide eyed.

"Look, I know I'm not a doctor, but I don't think that's good." He told me. I nodded.

"No, it's not. Please keep this between us two Niall." I begged. He nodded.

"Can I touch it?" He asked. I nodded and lifted my shirt.

He softly poked the bruise with his index finger.

"Fucking shit bitch that hurts!" I cussed as I backed away.

"Ew, it's all soft and stuff. I could feel the outline of your nerves." he informed me. I shook my head and shooed him out.

I sighed as I turned to look in the mirror.

"Great fucking shit Max, now the blonde knows." I said to myself.

I had just met the guy. He was nice and all. I guess you could say good looking, funny, and whatever else my sister saw in him. But I don't know if he can keep a secret.

There was a knock at the door.

"Max, hey. Are you okay?" Lilo asked with soft knocks.

"Yeah." I answer as I step out of the bathroom and walk with her down the hall.