Chapter 18 ~ Trust

Niall's P.o.v.

I pushed my hair back with a hand then took a sip of the cold beer. I was sitting in my car in the parking lot of the park. I sighed as I leaned back in the seat. I had lost most of my trust with Lilo because of Alex.

I finished the can and put it back in the black bag. I was sober enough to at least drive. I pulled out of the parking lot and drove towards Louis'. I needed to convince Lilo that it was okay to still be with me. I needed her, she was my everything.

I pulled into Louis' driveway and got out. I walked up and knocked on the door. After a couple of minutes, Louis answered the door.

"You okay now?" He asked as he leaned against the frame. I nodded in response.

"I need to talk to Lilo." I said anxiously.

"She's laying down in the guest room." He informed me. I nodded as I pushed past him and ran down the hallway.

I took a deep breathe before opening the door. The dark room hide her away from me. I didn't dare flick the light on. I stepped in the room fully and closed the door behind me.

"Lilo?" I whispered. Nothing moved around. "Lilo?" I called again. I then heard shuffling coming from the closet and then saw the closet door open.

"I'm in here." She called. I laughed as I went over and sat next to her. Her long brown hair was let down and she had on a pair of gray sweats with a white Tee on. I pulled the door shut and smiled when Lilo leaned her head against my shoulder.

"Sorry for yelling earlier." I told her. I searched for her hand as I waited for her to reply.

"It's okay." She finally replied as she gave me her hand. I took it in mine and kissed it.

"No, it's not. I should have never yelled at you like that." I told her."I had no right to yell at you like that."

"Niall, it's okay. What you did earlier is history. No matter what you do, you van never change it. It's okay, you were upset and didn't know how to act. Its okay." She told me. We sat there for a good five minutes before Lilo opened the door.

"Priscilla!" Lilo whispered. I furrowed my eyebrows together and looked at her.

"Who are you calling?" I asked.

"Priscilla, my pet. You'll love her. Priscilla!" She called again. I didn't know she had a pet.

I saw a furry lump appear from under the bed and make its way to me.

"Holy shit what the hell is that?!" I asked as it got closer. It ran over me and into Lilo's arms. I left like yelling, 'Ahhh! Get it off! Get it off! Gag it off!' when it's paws touched me. But that wouldn't sound to manly now would it?

"Priscilla, this is Niall. Niall, this is Priscilla, my pet ferret." She told me. Then I remembered, she did tell me she had a pet ferret, but he never told me anything but it.

"So this is the famous Priscilla! Well it's nice to meet you!" I said as I reached out to pet her with a finger. She scrabbled up my arm and laid herself on my shoulder.

"Is she gonna bite me? Please don't bite! I don't want to get bit." I said as I tense up. Lilo laughed as I tried to look at her.

"Calm down Niall, she likes you. She isn't gonna hurt you. Huh, baby, you're not gonna hurt my baby Niall are you?" She asked in a baby tone. She called me her baby, I repeat BABY! I hide so much excitement on my face with a feared look.

Priscilla made what sounded like a squeak. She put her paws on my cheek an stared into my eyes. She made another squeak and turned back to Lilo. She ran down my shoulder and into Lilo's hands.

"No you're not gonna hurt him. You're to sweet my baby! Awe my baby's to sweet to hurt anyone. No she loves people huh? You like Niall huh? He's nice isn't he? Yes he is! Just as nice as you my baby." It was funny and cute to watch Lilo talk to Priscilla an play with her. After awhile Priscilla ran out, leaving Lilo an I alone.

Lilo yawned when I took her had again, it wasn't a fake yawn though, it was real one.

"You tired?" I asked her. She nodded as she leaned against me. "Want me to carry you to bed?" She nodded then wrapped her arms around my neck.

"Hold on tight." I said. I slowly lifted her, and once completely off the ground, she wrapped her legs around my waist.

"Don't drop me please." She told me in a tired voice.

"I won't, if I did I would never forgive myself." I said. She laughed as I laid her down. I kissed her forehead and smiled when she smiled.

"Goodnight babe." I said as I walked towards the door. Just as my hand laid on the knob she stopped me.

"Wait, can you please lay down with me, at least until I fall asleep?" She asked sleepily.

"Sure." I walked back over to the bed and laid down. She reached out for my hand and I gave it to her.

"I'm actually scared, that's why I want you to stay and lay with me." She whispered. I pulled her closer to me an placed my hands on we hips.

"You will always be safe with me." I told her. She yawned again and leaned her head against my chest.

"Night Niall." She told me in a small voice.

"Night love." I told her. With those last words, I fell asleep next to Lilo.