Chapter 29 ~ Strange Dreams ☁️

Lilo's P.o.v.

The sky was dark with clouds, it looked as if it were going to rain. I looked straight ahead out of the windshield.

Sand. Cactus. Tumbleweeds. Small hills. That's all that I saw. It was literally the middle of nowhere.

Thinking I was with one of the boys, I turned, a bright smile on my face. My heart dropped at the sight before my eyes.

The familiar gray streaked black hair and lightning bright blue eyes made my heart beat faster. I couldn't breathe.

The man pulled the car over to the side of the road. I turned my head and tried to open the door. But sadly, it was locked. I looked straight ahead and gulped hard. I felt his hand touch my cheek, my skin crawled under his touch.

"You've grown with such beauty." He said in his raspy voice. He started to play with my hair. "You can make any man your slave. Especially that blonde boy."

"Leave Niall out of this." I retorted. I was in fear of my life.

"Why? I wasn't saying anything bad about him." He said. He took his hand away from my face and sighed.

"You know, everything I do isn't for my own happiness. You were left on the street, no one wanted you. I was the one who had to finish the job." He lied through rotting teeth.

"Fuck you." I said. He yanked me back by my hair, anger filled eyes looking down at my eyes.

"I wouldn't do that if I were at you. I have something you want and have missed dearly." He stated, he let go of my hair and looked straight ahead. I left as if I knew what he was talking about.

"Yeah I'm talking about Max." He told me.

"How? They announced him dead. He had cancer." I said. He chuckled evily and looked back at me.

"Don't you know that you can make anyone say somethig by paying a little more?" He asked dryly. I gulped as I ran a hand through my hair.

"He's in your reach, you just can't stretch that far." He stated.

"This is all just a dream. You aren't really here and Max is actually dead." I tried assuring myself.

"I'm afraid not honey. I drugged your drink." He informed me. He started the car and pulled back onto the road. "You dream whatever I want you to." He added.

Within the blink of and eye, the scenery changed from a desserted desert to a bridge surrounded by water. I was moved form the passenger's sat to the driver's seat. I had a sock stuffed far into my mouth, my hands tied behind the seat and my foot taped to the gas pedal. I tried to scream for help but the sock woudn't let me. I looked around for any sign of escape, instead my eyes landed on a fimilar figure.

His brown hair was ruffled as if someone had been dragging him by it, his bright bluish-greenish eyes looked at me. He had a slash on his cheekbone and a black eye. He looked as if he had been starved for a long time. A single tear slipped down my face as I felt my throat start to get hot.

"Lilo, you have to help me." The boy pleaded. I nodded in agreement to his plead.

I jumped when the front of the car hit the water. I started to cry as the car filled with icy cold water.

"Lilo!" Niall called. I jumped up and started to breathe hard. My heart was racing so fast I felt as if it would pop out of my chest.

"What happened? Are you okay? You were crying." Niall asked, he rubbed my arms and looed at me sympathically. I suddenly burst into a river of tears.