Chapter 13~Unvealed

Niall's P.o.v.

"I have a question for you guys. Why didn't you tell me that you guys were a famous band known worldwide?" She asked. I gulped hard as my eyes met Louis'. A deafening silence filled the car as I held the phone in my shaking hand. I knew we had fucked up, badly.

"Okay. Don't get mad, but, I thought you knew who we were." Louis answered.

"Really? I told you guys that we were going to the concert! Liam! You lied about you Aunt having cancer?!" She angrily asked.

"Yeah. I'm sorry." He apoligized. She sighed into the phone. I died a little at her disappointing sigh.

"I trusted you guys. I mean you didn't have to lie." She told us as we pulled into the parking lot in the back. We all piled out, making a circle around my phone with Lilo on the other side.

"Harry, you said she had stage four lung cancer. Why did you lie?" He asked diassapontiedly.

"I honestly don't know. Why did we lie?" He asked. We all shrugged. We really didn't have a reason to lie to her.

"Niall." She sighed. My heart broke a little, what if she said that that lie was to big and couldn't be with me anymore?! I would fall apart without her. She was truly the other half of me.

"Can I talk to you alone?" She asked calmly. The boys gave me a sadden look then walked away. Zayn patted me on the back and walked with the rest of the guys.

"They gone?" She asked.

"Yeah." I replied nervously.

"Why did you lie?" She asked. Her voice was firm and unshooken.

"The truth is that I didn't want you to fall in love with a famous guy. I wanted you to fall in love with me." She awed at my answer.

"Niall, even if you weren't famous, if I had met you, I would still would have fallen in love with you. There was no need to lie. You should have just told me instead of having my niece tell me." She explained.

"Please don't be upset!" I pleaded into the phone. Tears jurked at my eyes. I needed Lilo, she was my everything! I don't remember how I lived without her and I don't think I could go back to that.

"I'm not upset at you, just... I wanted you to be truthful. Not hide secrets from me." She explained. I wiped my tearless eyes as I held onto the phone.

"Will you be truthful with me?" I asked.

"Of course." She answered.

"Then tell me who Max is." I demanded as I looked at the back wall that I should have entered moments ago.

"Don't you have to get ready for a concert?" She tried changing the subject.

"You said you would be truthful. Don't I have a right to know who this Max is, I mean, I am your boyfriend." I reminded her.

"You're completely right." She sighed. "Max was my older brother. He was one year older though acted as if he was six years older. He was diagnosed with stage four lung cancer. None of the treatments worked so he ended up dying six months ago. I never liked bring him up. I would always start crying as soon as they mentioned his name. It's a very touchy subject." Lilo explained.

"Are you crying right now?" I asked her, seeing as her voice was mildly shakey.

"Trying not to." Her voice strained through the phone.

"It's okay. I have to go get ready for the concert. I'll see you there. Wait, how about you come with your niece backstage?" I asked.

"Niall-" I cut her off.