Chapter 36 ~ Almost Goodbye

Niall's P.o.v.

Lilo had been acting sketchy lately. She was quieter than often and didn't do much except clean. I kept telling her to top but she would only answer no. Max didn't even know what had been happening.

"Lilo?" I called out lightly. She was currently sitting on the couch staring at the walls. I watched as her fingers fiddled with the ends of her shirt. She casted a quick glance at me and mumbled a quiet hey before turning back to stare at the walls some more.

"Babe are you okay?" I asked. I took a seat next to her and pulled her into my arms. She stared straight at the walls. I waved my hand in front of her face to drag her attention away.

"Huh? Oh, yeah. I'm fine." She lied through her sparkling teeth. Her brown eyes were fixed on mine.

"Pretty little liar. Is A sending you texts?" I joked playing. She shook her head, not one laugh out of her.

"You told me to be myself but it doesn't seem like you're liking it." I commented. She looked at me and placed a hand on my knee. Her brown eyes stared deeply into mine as if trying to figure out what to say. Well I know, that she loves me and will get chicken and beer.

"I love it when you're yourself around me. I was just doing some deep thinking." Lilo explained.

"For the past week?" I asked. She sighed as she leaned her forehead against mine.

"Niall what of Alex ever comes back to actually finishes the job?" She asked in a small voice. It all came to me. Alex hadn't left her alone after she found Max. And neither was her Dad.

"I swear to god if he started to threaten you again..." I got up from the couch, running a hand through my hair as I started to pace the living room. "If I ever seem either of them again I'll fucking kill them!" I shouted. Lilo looked nervous. I walked to the kitchen to grab a beer.

Lilo's small fragile body came up from behind me and melted to mine.

"Niall. I'm sorry you had to deal with all this. All this drama of mine. Thank you for at least letting me find Max a place. Find yourself another girl who has less problems and more happiness to her. I'll go back up mu stuff and call a cab." Boom. Bomb dropped. She pealed away from me and headed towards the room.

I was left there in the kitchen. Yeah it was one of my favorite place, but not right now. I ran after Lilo and found she had gotten all the way to the room. She had her bag and was stuffing her clothes into it.

"Hopefully we can still be friends. I just don't think I'm the best girl for you." She said.

"What the hell are you talking about?" I asked as I walked up next to her. I took her bag from her and threw it softly across the room. Her eyes flashed from anger back to sadness as she tried to get past me. I got in her way and grabbed her arms.

"Niall please let me go. Please! I don't want to hurt you!" She yelled as tear stained her cheeks.

"Don't you see Lilo? If you leave you are hurting me! I need you here with me!"

"No! Let me go! I need to go before you get seriously hurt! He can kill you! I don't want that Niall." She fell to her knee, my hands still gripping her wrists. I crouched down beside her ND watched as she shook her head.

"If you love me you let me go. Niall please. Please Niall. Please." Her voice was the softest I have ever heard it. She was completely vulnerable.

"I'm not letting you go because I love you. Lilo, I need you here, with me, by my side. You are my everything. I don't know how Max treated you but I do know that you think what he put you through is the right way of a relationship. It's not. Just trust me Lilo. I know how to treat you so much better and you see that I have. I can't let you leave. I need you." Tears had gotten the best of me. I couldn't handle the thought of not being with Lilo. Who was I supposed to eat chicken with and tell my stupid jokes to? Who was going to take care of me when I was having a killer hang over? How was I going to cuddle with at night? Who wad going to watch movies with me after I came hone from recording? Who was going to be on my mind while we we sang at concerts? Well besides the fans that is. But most importantly, who was I gonna give all of my love to?

Lilo lifted her head and looked at me through teary eyes.

"Please don't make me say goodbye." I pleaded. She let her gaze fall back towards the ground.

"Okay." Her voice was weak. I sighed with relief as I carried her to the bed and laid her down. I wiped her tears away then wiped mine. I laid behind her and wrapped my arms around her sides. I didn't want to ruin the moment by saying something wrong. Instead I just pulled a blanket over us and laid my head on her side and smiled as she played with my hair.