Chapter 4~ "I'd never let you go."

Lilo's P.o.v

SHIT!!!!

My ex-boyfriend Alex was here! I looked at him frozen with terror. Niall, on the other hand was confused.

''What are you doing here?'' I asked Alex with a shaky voice. Niall looked at me with a confused and worried look on his face.

''You! Your mine remember?!?!" Alex taunted me. I was starting to get mad.

''I'm not yours! We broke up remember?!?!" I yelled at Alex, my voice sounding stronger.

"Your mine until I tell you your not!" Alex while getting closer. That's what he did, when he got angry he would get closer to you and push you or grab your wrist and drag you away. I should know, that's what he did to me all the time.

"Who's this short blondy?'' Alex asked while pointing at Niall. Niall looked on the verge of getting blowing up.

"Leave him out of this! He has nothing to do with you!" I yelled at him. Alex grabbed left hand and started dragging me away. I pulled back. Alex turned around and slapped me.

''Hey, You never hit a girl!" Niall exclaimed trying to defend me. Alex glared at him then turned his attention back to me.

WHACK!!!

I whacked Alex in the head with the surfboard. He fell to the ground with a thud. I bent down to Alex.

"I told you to leave me the fuck alone." I told him. I stood back up. I looked at Niall, who looked surprised.

"Where'd you learn to hit like that?" Niall asked, still surprised.

''Softball, wed better run before he wakes up." I told Niall. He nodded and together we sprinted the rest of the way to the beach.

When we got to the beach we were panting.

''Your.... pretty.... tough!'' Niall told me in between pants.

"Well' I don't like anyone standing up for me if I can do it myself.'' I told Niall. I stood up straight and started running towards the water. Niall followed. I ran into the water and when I got deep enough I dove in. When I reached the surface, I turned towards the shore. to my surprise Niall was still at the edge of the water holding his board.

''If you jump in it won't be as cold!'' I yelled to Niall. He just looked at me then jumped in. A second later Niall popped up.

''Your right!'' Niall shouted back to me. He swam towards me. He stopped besides me. I pulled myself on the board. Then turned to Niall, who was struggling to hop on his board. I paddled to him and held his board steady. He finally pulled himself on the board.

''Thanks.'' Niall told me.

''Your welcome.'' I replied. I still had one thought left on my mind.

"Why did you try to stand up for me?'' I asked Niall. He looked at me stunned.

''Because he shouldn't have hit you, and because.......'' he mumbled the

last part.

''What?'' I asked him hoping he would repeat himself.

''Because....I love you.'' he repeated looking into my eyes. I blushed.

''I love you too.'' I told Niall. I planted a kiss on his cheek. I stared into Niall's eyes, him staring into mine. The more I looked into his eyes the more I melted into them. I pulled apart from our stare. I looked at the waves. I saw someone riding a wave then crash. I looked at Niall.

''Come on, we have to paddle out a bit further.'' I told him. Smiling he grabbed my hand.

''How about we paddle together.'' Niall suggested. I nodded. Niall took my hand and kissed my cheek. When he kissed me it felt like bombs went off!