Chapter 55

A/N: not going to lie this was one of my favorite chapters to write :) hope you enjoy it!
Xoxo
KS
———————————————————————————
It was the first night Adelaide and Draco were going to start the legilimancy training. Draco was a nervous wreck. He absolutely hated showing any form of emotion and the thought of her being in his mind made him feel panicked. He knew she promised not to snoop around, but what if she found out about the night Philip had tried to curse the Weasley twin or even worse, the love potion ordeal.

"I'm sorry Addie, but I can't do the training..I'm sorry, I just can't" he began fumbling, his heart starting to race. He loosened his tie as he stood up from the couch and began pacing across the Common Room.

She had no idea why he was so nervous about her placing a dream in his head. She promised she wouldn't look at any of his thoughts, maybe he thought she'd accidentally see something he didn't want her to. Probably about the obliviate incident and the love potion incident from two years ago. She was of course furious with him when it first happened, but since she had gotten closer to Draco and a substantial amount of time had passed, she rationalized that Draco couldn't have possibly said no to her brothers if they demanded it. Not to mention Draco made the Unbreakable Vow not to tell her about it.

"Draco, sit." she calmly stated, patting the seat next to her. He nervously glanced at the seat and up at her before sitting down, still nervously twisting his rings. She placed her hand on his knee and looked at him affectionately, "Talk to me. What are you nervous about?"

His nervous expression was replaced by a forced scowl, "I'm not nervous. I just don't want to do this anymore." He looked away, staring around the empty Common Room. She took the opportunity to move closer to him, ensuring he could feel her pressing gaze. He eventually turned back to her, looking at her warm brown eyes that melted his heart slightly.

"Draco, I know you well enough. You can't lie to me." He exhaled loudly, "I just..I don't know..What if I think about something stupid and you see it and-," she put her finger against his mouth so he'd stop talking.

"I promised you I won't go snooping. I'm perfectly capable of locking all the doors and only placing the dream in your head. You'll see everything I'm seeing the whole time. If you want I can even show you how to section off a part of your mind so I can only enter there." she smiled up at him and was excited seeing his eyes finally relax and the tension in his shoulders release, "Ok fine."

"Alright now just lay down and fall asleep."

He looked at her questionably, "You want me to fall asleep right here? Right now?" she slowly nodded at him like it was a stupid question. "While you're watching me?"

Adelaide shoved him playfully, "Don't make it sound creepy. I'll place a sleeping spell if you want, it'll be faster." the nervousness began to rise in his throat again as he removed his jacket and laid down on the couch.

His heart was pounding out of his chest and when she delicately whispered the incantation for the sleeping charm. He instantly felt himself falling asleep. As he opened his eyes, he found himself on the Ministry's atrium floor. He quickly scrambled to his feet looking around. The large fountain was eery in the dark and it felt strange being the only person there. He then found himself moving automatically towards the lift, his dress shoes echoing across the marbled floor. He clearly saw himself press the "level 9" button and his vision went slightly dark until he found himself staring into an incredibly dark, tiled hallway.

He walked curiously to the end, beginning to feel slightly uneasy. He naturally walked up to a random door, opening it and finding himself in a dark room that had rows and rows and rows of shelves with crystal balls in it. He had no idea where he was, but his vision went dark again until an image of a crystal ball flashed with Harry's name on a tag. He specifically noticed the row number 97 that reflected off of the little light that was in the room.