Chapter 51

It was the last day of Adelaide's internship. She walked into the Minister's office and much to her distaste came across Dolores Umbridge, the woman at Harry's hearing. She was thankful she rarely had to interact with the woman during her internship, but when she did it was a horrid experience.

No one should like pink that much and no one should put that much sugar in their tea.

Under her fuzzy pink facade was quite a sadistic character that Adelaide hated with every bone in her body. She would go from a happy good morning to snapping angrily at a goblin from Gringotts who asked her a simple question. She carried this air of self-importance around her and the way she practically sewed her lips to the Minister's backside was nauseating. 

Unfortunately, the horrid woman took quite a liking to Adelaide. She often praised her for her pureblood status, her romantic life (another thing that made her uneasy was her infatuation with Draco and Lucius), her prominence and success in Hogwarts, and her work in the Ministry. 

"Ah! Good morning Ms. Burke! How are you on your last day in the Ministry?" Dolores cooed, smiling brightly at Adelaide.

She uncomfortably forced a smile onto her face, "Good Morning. I am doing well, I will certainly miss it here, but I'm excited to return to Hogwarts." 

She beamed brightly and her eyes lit up as the Minister walked into his office.

"Good morning Ms. Burke, Dolores! I'm glad you both are here, I actually wanted to talk to you two about something." 

Adelaide groaned, what could the Minister possibly want from both of them? She wanted nothing to do with Umbridge, the suffocating perfume and pink was already making Adelaide gag.

"Adelaide, I'm very pleased to inform you that Dolores here will be the new Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor at Hogwarts this year. I'd like you two to work together and be my eyes and ears in Hogwarts. Dolores will be revolutionizing the way we teach and you will be a model example of what the Ministry's view of teaching will do to a student."

Umbridge giggled in excitement as she turned to Adelaide, "I cannot wait for our year at Hogwarts together! I know we will accomplish great things." 

Adelaide at this point was so annoyed she had to take deep breaths to ensure she didn't accidentally break something in the Minister's office with her internal magic. Why, why, why of all people in the Ministry did he choose her. She was a menace, the worst of the worst. She was the only person Adelaide could reasonably see herself killing without feeling guilty.

She put on a fake smile, "Can't wait!" 

The pink monster stood up and happily made her way out of the Minister's office, flashing one more of her horrendously sweet smiles at Adelaide that turned her stomach.

---

At the end of the day, many Ministry workers had wished Adelaide a good school year and told her how good of a job she did this summer.

She graciously accepted their compliments and as she made her way towards the Floo, she felt a firm arm drag her off into an empty meeting room. 

She turned to see a wand pointed at her face and as she froze and looked past the wand, she saw her old Defense Against the Dark Arts Teacher, Professor Lupin.

She began to tremble in fear as she realized there were two other people in the room, all with their wands pointed at her. One of them was her Uncle, Sirius Black and the other was a woman she didn't immediately recognize.

"P-Professor Lupin? Uncle Sirius? What are you doing?" she quaked.

"Don't play scared with me Adelaide, you know why we're here. We know who you are and what you've done. You're coming with us."