Chapter 87

Adelaide stared into her closet as Draco sat nervously on the bed, he really hated this idea. Muggles were disgusting, inferior beings, completely helpless and useless to the world. His father told him once that if you spend too much time with muggles, you'll have squib children. The thought of that embarrassment sent a shiver down his spine, he nervously blurted, "Addie? What are you doing?"

Adelaide turned around, her expression also pretty nervous, "I don't know what muggles wear. Do they wear normal clothes? I think this is a bad idea."

Draco felt felt his heart leap at the opportunity to talk her out of this, "We don't have to go. Besides, I have no idea what they wear, the mudbloods seem to wear these blue pants that look horrific and sweaters." he shuttered at the thought.

She grabbed a plain black blouse with a short black skirt and slipped on her shoes. It was so plain and non-extravagent, there was no way she'd stick out too harshly. At least she hoped. She went to reach for her cloak, but Draco interrupted, "Wait, hold on. I know for a fact Muggles don't wear cloaks. I've never seen a mudblood in one and I remember hearing one talk about how weird they thought they were."

Adelaide raised her eyebrow in confusion, but remembered the muggle born students at Hogwarts didn't really wear cloaks into Hogsmeade or on the Hogwarts train. She slowly reached for a plain black peacoat Viola had gotten her from a muggle shop in Paris. She hid it from her parents and only wore it occasionally at Hogsmeade.

"How do I look?" she smiled.

"Beautiful as always my love." he pulled her hand and she fell on top of him, laughing beautifully.

"Or we could just stay right here." he cooed teasingly, rubbing his hands up her back slowly.

She laughed, "No! Come on Draco, where's your sense of adventure!"

Draco raised a cocky eyebrow, "You and I both know this has nothing to do with adventure and everything to do with spiting your parents."

She bit her lip and huffed, standing back up and pulling his arm. He sighed, reaching into his pocket and he took out muggle money, "Father buys muggle politicians sometimes to make them pass laws that make them weaker, do not tell anyone this, but here's some of their currency. Are you absolutely sure about this Addie?"

She fumbled with her hands, beginning to shake from the adrenaline coursing in her system, "Yeah, let's go before I change my mind."

They raced down the stairs and out the door. She took a deep breath as she grabbed Draco's hand and apparated them to the Leaky Cauldron. She knew they were the connection between the muggle world and the wizarding world. She paused as she saw wanted posters plastered against the brick wall that opened to the Leaky Cauldron. She saw Draco's and felt her heart break, he was labeled as an associate of the Dark Lord and accomplice in the murder of Albus Dumbledore. Some of hers were still up from before she was arrested, the news of her escape hadn't leaked.

They both kept their heads down as they quickly made their way through the pub, so they wouldn't be recognized. They stumbled out of the pub and found themselves in the middle of a London street.

Adelaide looked around, there was no magic in sight, the buildings were strangely dull and there were people everywhere dressed in not necessarily bad clothes, just different from what she was used to.

Draco grabbed her hand and whispered, "Act normal, I don't want to talk to these people if I can help it." he was incredibly tense and glared around. Adelaide felt that by the stares they were getting they were wearing weird clothes to the Muggles or at least they looked overdressed, she wasn't sure which. Draco still had a black eye from his fight with Perseus which could have also been a cause of the attention. Adelaide also believed that perhaps since she was so nervous she just felt like people were staring at her when in reality they weren't.