Chapter 26

Adelaide, Draco, and Perseus had all finished packing and were about to head out the door to return to Hogwarts for another year. Adelaide and Perseus were anxious of what the year was going to hold, the weight of their task burdening them terribly. The two kissed their parents goodbye and were given frantic words of wisdom, "Remember everything you learned, yeah?" His father sputtered out, gripping Perseus' sleeves desperately and shaking his head vigorously. "Yes father.." Perseus whispered, trying to retract his arms from his father's grip. 

"And you two know the plan? You can not fail." their mother growled, her expression growing dark. They both silently nodded, desperate to leave. Mrs. Burke grabbed Adelaide's arm tightly and pulled her closely whispering, "Don't forget the necklace, the necklace will help you." Adelaide gulped whispering a silent, "yes, mother" before joining the Malfoy's and her brother outside. 

Remember Addie, if you need anything. Just reach out to me. Her brother shot her a glance and Adelaide nodded towards him in silent acknowledgement.

"Hope you all didn't forget anything!" Lucius chimed as they all apparated to Kings Cross Station. The group made their way onto the platform, saying their goodbyes to Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy. Perseus nervously tensed seeing everyone carrying the Daily Prophet that had the Quidditch World Cup attack plastered on the front. Perseus split off to sit with his friends in a compartment while Draco and Adelaide made their way to their usual compartment. 

As they entered the door, Adelaide was smothered in a hug by Viola. "Oh Viola, hello!" Adelaide gave a tired greeting to the rest of her friends who beamed up at her. "You all didn't think to owl us at all over the summer? What happened?" Viola cried, resting her head on Marcus' shoulder. 

Draco and Adelaide gave each other a quick, nervous glance. Adelaide silently casted a spell, closing the compartment door and the blind. They told their friends about the training, leaving out the Death Eater initiation part. That was one thing Adelaide couldn't bare to think telling her friends. It was hard enough Draco knowing, him giving pitiful glances at her arm every so often. 

"After the Ministry destroyed the shop, my parents kind of just...snapped" Adelaide blankly stared at the ground, unable to look her friends in the eyes. If she were to look up, she would've saw their terrified expressions. None of them could believe that the gentle Adelaide they knew had to endure such trauma. They all noticed Draco's and Adelaide's distress from talking about the subject, the air was extremely tense. Blaise bursted into the compartment, disrupting the silence as he yelled something to someone outside the compartment before looking in to see everyone with pale, solemn faces, "Whoah, who died?" his brow furrowed. 

"No one Blaise" Draco growled, "It's just been a long day." They didn't usually keep things from Blaise, but they simply didn't have the energy to repeat their horrific summer experience again. The mood lightened slightly as Blaise began to joke around and start conversation. Adelaide leaned her head against the side of the compartment, petting her cat Lucia who purred gratefully at her attention. 

She suddenly saw Fred and George run down the walkway, laughing about something. Adelaide shoved Lucia into Viola's lap, "I'm going to change into my robes, I'll be back in a bit." and quickly bolted out the door. As she made her way down the walkway she noticed an empty compartment that she quickly stepped inside. As Fred and George made their way back to the front of the compartment, Adelaide grabbed George's arm and dragged him into the empty compartment, shutting the door behind her. 

A sudden rush of boldness running through her body as she pressed her mouth into his. He took a deep breath in, processing as fast as he could that Adelaide had pulled him into a compartment and was now kissing him. He pulled her into him, firmly wrapping his hands around her petite waist. She ran her fingers through his long hair, "I like the hair" she purred, pushing him onto the seat and sitting right next to him. His eyes were wide in surprise and he let out a boyish giggle that made her knees feel like jelly. He grabbed her waist gently and pulled her closer to him, kissing her a little more passionately. She gasped slightly as he moved his kisses lower to her jaw and then her neck. "Is this ok?" he looked up at her beautiful doe eyes. She smiled and giggled, "Absolutely"

His kisses were sweet and gentle, each placed perfectly with care, sending a warm wave to her heart. He slowly began to move his hands upwards when he knocked a small vial out of her cloak pocket, it shattering across the floor. "Whoops. Hope that wasn't important" he laughed. She giggled, turning his face back to her and lacing her fingers into his hands. "I've missed you so much Georgie, you have no idea." 

His innocent, beaming grin warmed her heart, but her guilt that had a knack for pulling her conscience at every waking hour hit her with such an intensity she quickly hugged him to hide the tears that were threatening to fall from her eyes. 

"I missed you too Addie." he held her for a bit longer than usual, his heart fluttering at the scent of her lavender shampoo and rose perfume. He also could tell something was off, Adelaide was never usually this bold and while he didn't mind, it just didn't seem like her.

"What did you have tucked away in your pocket, there?" he chirped, reaching over her and dipping his finger into the puddle to smell it. Her eyes widened in panic and redness rushed onto her face. Just the fumes alone made George's mind brighten. He quickly put his hand down and once the fumes had cleared his mind he remembered her taking a few drops of the potion at the Quidditch cup as well. 

"Addie..what do you need this Elixir for Euphoria for?" his tone turning sad. Her bottom lip began to tremble and her eyes began to tear up. "I..um, I have to go before they realize I've been gone for too long." She wiped her tears quickly and made her way towards the door. 

George grabbed her sleeve, "Wait, Addie." 

She ripped her hand backwards quickly, her eyes filling with a moment of fear. They looked at each other in stunned silence for a few moments before she mumbled a frantic apology and left the compartment, leaving George broken-hearted. Something was wrong, she looked so tired and sad. The way she pulled her hand back and the look on her face as if he were going to hurt her. 

His stomach began to fill with anger as he put the pieces together. Something happened while she was at the Malfoys and if they did this to her, he didn't know if he could hold himself back from strangling Draco with his bare hands. 

-----

UGHHHhhh poor George...but anyways, what do you all think so far? I would really love suggestions, feedback, or input <3

I also just wanted to mention that I've really enjoyed writing this story so far. I'm a STEM college student, so being able to branch out and do something a bit more artsy has helped me tremendously from burning out :)

xoxo

KS