Chapter 89

Adelaide could hear the door opening and the Death Eaters would enter one-by-one, taking their seat and sitting quietly. After about a half an hour, the Dark Lord came in. The air turned thin and Adelaide felt her nerves flare up, she held her hands tightly together to stop them from shaking.

The Malfoys came in and sat down. Unfortunately Dolohov sat next to Adelaide and The Malfoys had to sit directly across from her. Draco stared down at his folded hands again that were place on the table. Lucius look incredibly sick and disheveled. Narcissa gave Adelaide a weak smile before turning her gaze towards her husband.

After the Death Eaters had all gathered the Dark Lord stated, "We will be taking over the Ministry in two days time."

The Death Eaters smiled menacingly. 

"Pius will be instated as the Minister of Magic" he nodded towards Pius, "Yaxley is the Head of the Magical Law Enforcement, he will no longer be using Polyjuice Potion to hide his appearance." he nodded towards Corban Yaxley, "Severus Snape will be Headmaster of Hogwarts School, Draco and Adelaide will return for their final year there and it will be mandatory for all students to return to Hogwarts, except for the mudbloods." he nodded towards Snape. Adelaide looked up towards Draco nervously and then to the Dark Lord to nod her head. She didn't expect to be returning to Hogwarts. She thought she would have to continue to be in hiding, since she technically was supposed to be in Azkaban. 

At the same time, the Dark Lord would soon be in charge of everything, she would be free from the Ministry. She wouldn't be a criminal anymore. She could finally return to school and go to her classes. She would've been elated if she weren't in the presence of the Dark Lord and a bunch of the most dangerous wizards in the world.

He talked about his mudblood program that would create a registry for muggle borns. He was essentially going to make them illegal and destroy their entire kind, purifying the Wizarding World to halfblood or more. Adelaide had to restrict herself from contorting her face in disgust at his prejudiced plan. 

"Before I put the cart in front of the horse, let us discuss the plan for the attack. We have located every single Order safe house and we will attack them simultaneously to find Harry Potter as soon as we take over the Ministry, I know he is at one of them. Pius has already set an order to place a curse that will alert the Ministry when a person uses my true name. The first Death Eater to answer the call will kill the person who used my name immediately. After we take the Ministry, Adelaide will be leading the attack on the Weasley home since she is acquainted with the location of the place. Bellatrix, Fenrir, and the Carrows will go to the Tonks home. Dolohov and Rowle, you will be on the lookout for Harry Potter, if he escapes one of the safe houses, he will use my name and you will find him immediately."

The Death Eaters nodded at the Dark Lord, acknowledging their assignments. Adelaide felt her heart break when she realized she would have to, yet again, attack the Weasley home. Watching the Burrow burn because of her was one of the most guilty moments of her life. Yes, she spared their life, but still destroying someone's home felt like a whole new level of low.

The Dark Lord told Adelaide who she would be leading the attack on the Burrow after the Ministry was taken. He said she would be meeting them tomorrow to discuss their plan. There were four other rookie Death Eaters he assigned to her, but her heart leaped out of her throat when she heard him say the name of one of them, Luca Fabris.

Draco flinched as the Dark Lord said his name and Adelaide's face paled. She hadn't heard that name since her fourth year in Hogwarts. He was Sebestyen's friend, the Italian from Durmstrang that beat Draco so severely he had to go to the hospital wing. The kid had a fiery temper and was ruthless even more so than Perseus if she were being honest. She had never met someone who would continue to hex a person after they were unconscious, it was considered barbaric.