Chapter 39

Adelaide was the first to wake up. She threw on a jumper and a plaid skirt before stepping out into the Common Room for a cup of tea. Her eyes widened at the sight. It was a huge mess. At least five people were passed out on the sofas, floor, and table. Empty glasses, bottles of firewhiskey, and clothes were strewn out across the floor. 

She rolled her eyes as she performed a silent cleaning charm to tidy the place up a bit. She put the kettle on and turned around as she heard a door open. Perseus came strolling in with a disgusted look on his face as he surveyed the room. Him and her were probably the only ones who didn't get drunk last night.

"Classless." he mumbled as he stepped over Goyle who had fallen asleep on the floor. "Make me a cup will you?" 

She nodded, silently chuckling at his pompous air. He was not a morning person and she braced herself as he grumpily complained about anything and everything. "No one cared to tell me that Pansy is a menace?" he growled. Adelaide glared at him as she handed his cup of tea, "Don't be mean Perseus". 

He threw his hands up in surrender, "I'm not being mean! I'm just saying. She was stuck to me like glue the whole night, barely gave me enough space to breathe. I thought I'd be able to dance with a few other people. She kept talking about Draco the whole night too which was annoying." 

"Oh and that Sebestyen of yours snores like a dragon, barely got any sleep." he complained. At this point Adelaide was dying laughing which awarded her a few glares from people who were just now waking up with a severe headache she could imagine. 

"Anything else you'd like to complain about dear brother? I'll start writing a list if you wish." he wrinkled his nose at her as he took a sip from his tea. 

"I suppose Sebestyen isn't too bad." he whispered, hoping Adelaide wouldn't fully register his admittance. She, however, did and teased him mercilessly for it.

"Not going to steal my Durmstrang from me are you now Perseus? Will you be spending your summers in Hungary from now on?" she jabbed him lightly in the ribs. He scowled as he made his way to the couch, pushing some guy off and taking a seat. The kid let out a pained groan as he looked up and glared at Perseus. 

She sat on the arm of the opposite chair, trying not to wake the girl sleeping on the couch. Just as she put the kettle on again for more tea, Sebestyen came into the Common Room looking exhausted. 

"Ah, good morning Burkes." he was looking exceptionally handsome with his messy hair and groggy morning voice, "I hope I did not make a complete fool out of myself last night. My head is definitely not happy with me." 

She smiled at him and handed him a cup of tea, which he looked at skeptically before taking a sip. "You were pretty out at the tail end, do you remember anything?" she teased him lightly.

He blushed slightly, "Well I vaguely remember playing a drinking game Wizards Chess with you..and seeing that you are feeling fine, I'm guessing I didn't do too well."

Perseus laughed loudly, "Your first mistake was playing against my sister in the first place. She's ruthless, it's like she's possessed by some evil genius when she plays that game. I've never seen her lose in my life. Other than maybe twice by Philip when he was first teaching her. He stopped playing with her after he realized she was getting better than him." 

She giggled at her brother's flattery. She was taught by Philip to play Wizards Chess, which is probably how she ended up playing as aggressive and manipulative as she did. On top of his strategy and her mind games, she was pretty unbeatable.

"I'll have to play a game sober to see her in her full glory then." he laughed, "Oh, I'm sorry. I've heard you mention Philip before, is he your brother?" he questioned, placing his tea on the table.