Chapter 90

Adelaide woke up early the next day, the sky was just beginning to turn pink with the hint of the sun's rise. She looked over to Draco and saw that he was already awake. They didn't say anything, just laid beside each other, tangled up in each other's warmth.

They could die today. Either of them could. They didn't want to think about it. The reality of it was too harsh, so they just laid there in silence watching the sun rise, which was hard to see through the dark clouds coming in. After a few moments, Adelaide felt her Dark Mark begin to squirm, Draco looked over to her as his Dark Mark also moved. They both stared at each other with desperation and fear before sharing a passionate kiss. They were too nervous to actually say anything unless either of them broke down.

Adelaide threw on her full black dress robes and grabbed her Death Eater mask, glancing at Draco one last time before apparating to the Riddle House where she was being summoned. The sky was pouring down rain and there was a sharp chill in the air. The sky was so dark, almost as if it were anticipating the Dark Lord's reign.

She made her way into the house that was busting at the seams with Death Eaters. They glanced at her, nodding curtly as a sign of respect. She made her way up the stairs and into the Dark Lord's war room. She nodded at Dolohov, Lucius, Bellatrix, Crabbe Snr, and Goyle Snr. She assumed her place next to Perseus and bowed, "My Lord."

The Dark Lord was in a tremendous mood, "Ah, hello Adelaide. We were just waiting for you and a few others."

Perseus had a thirsty excitement in his eyes that made Adelaide uneasy. Today wasn't a day to be excited for, it was a day that would end in bloodshed and many casualties. She thought several times as to whether she would have to kill someone today. She would be surrounded by Death Eaters, they'd know if she was holding back or restraining herself from slaughtering anyone in her way, they'd report straight to the Dark Lord and she'd either be tortured or sent to Azkaban to toughen herself up again. A chill flew down her spine at the thought of being sent to Azkaban again, she nearly lost her mind.

After a few of the highest ranking Death Eaters walked in, the Dark Lord calmly stated, "Today is the day we take what is rightfully ours. We will rule the Wizarding World and revolutionize the way magic is practiced. We will build a community of the purest bloodlines, the strongest magic with no limitations, we will be powerful and never have to bend to the wishes of Muggles, we will no longer need to hide our magic. We will soon rule the world and it all starts here. I hope that you all will not fail me today. You all know your assignments."

The Death Eaters nodded respectfully, Adelaide feeling a chill strike down her spine. She was so swept away with being a Death Eater, she never really thought about what she'd do if the Dark Lord won the war and took over the Wizarding World. Of course, she didn't agree with his beliefs, but she would rather be on his side if he were to win. She shuddered at the thought of being on the side of the Ministry or the Order, what would become of them if The Dark Lord were to win. It would be worse than the fate she suffered if the Ministry were to win, that was for sure.

"Adelaide and Perseus, I would like you to enter the Ministry first. You two carry a natural, charisma and won't stick out. You'll be able to walk about the Ministry undetected and you will slowly open the passageways for the Death Eaters to enter and once they have, I want you to lock any and all entrances no one comes in. Dolohov, I want you to drop Scrimgeours body in the middle of the atrium for everyone to see and announce our victory over the Ministry. Yaxley and a few other head of Departments in the Ministry that we have will reveal themselves loyal to me.

After that, if any Aurors retaliate, you will strike them down. I don't care about information, I have all the information I need. I want them all dead, I want it to be a complete slaughter if they resist. Do you all understand?"