Chapter 61

Adelaide was woken up in the middle of the night by an owl that furiously banged on her bedroom window with its beak.

She tumbled out of bed, rushing over to let the bird in. What could possibly be so urgent to send someone an owl at this time?

She quickly took the letter from its ankle and saw it was addressed to her by the Minister. Fumbling to open the seal, she read it quickly,

Come to the Ministry at once.

She ran over to her closet, throwing on a black dress and dark green cloak. She threw her hair into a french twist and made her way over to the fireplace, stepping into the Ministry.

It was about three in the morning, yet people were frantically running all over the place and yelling, it was pure chaos.

She turned her head as another flash of green from the fireplace erupted, Percy Weasley stepped out with just as much urgency and confusion as her.

"Percy what's going on?" she grew incredibly nervous as she realized that the people who were frantically running around the Ministry Atrium were all Aurors.

"I don't know, I just got a letter from the Minister and came as soon as I could."

They both furrowed their brows and made their way through the crowd. Percy grabbed Kingsley Shacklebolt by the shoulder, "Is the Minister in his office?"

Shacklebolt looked down at Percy with a glimmer of disdain, "No. He's in the Ministry auditorium 3. There's been a massive jail break in Azkaban. They were all high-security prisoners."

Adelaide and Percy began to quicken their pace as they raced down to the Ministry's auditorium.

As Percy and Adelaide entered the large room a large screen projected on the wall. Pictures of the most dangerous people Adelaide knew flashed across the screen with their crimes listed below and bits of information like "Last seen in Surrey"

The Minister was reading out loud the pictures as they flashed across the screen and teams of Aurors would run out of the room as their names were called.

Adelaide's heart stopped as she saw her mother and father's picture on the screen with the words, "Last seen in London".

Percy looked at Adelaide with an intense fear in his eyes, she realized she wasn't breathing and with the huge pressure building up in her chest going to her head, she grew incredibly light headed.

She shook herself to focus, she needed to focus. What was she going to do? What was she going to say? How was she going to help the Minister without disrupting the Dark Lord's plans? She felt a chill spread through her spine at the thought of what happened the last time she didn't stop the interference of the Dark Lord's plan.

She ran up to the front of the room, grabbing her necklace and yelling, "EVERYBODY STOP AND LOOK AT ME NOW."

The loud commotion came to a grinding halt as everyone, including the Minister, looked up to her, their blank eyes awaited her further instruction.

"Everybody needs to calm down now. If people see Aurors frantically bursting around they're going to panic. So please, let's just take a moment and stop what you're doing. Call back the Aurors that are on the ground now, let's gather more information, and then act accordingly. There's no way you'll be able to find them while running around aimlessly."

The Auror's shoulders relaxed at her command and the panic left their eyes. The Minister also took a calm breath, "Of course..of course, yes Adelaide's right. Call everyone back. Let's conduct more interviews, review the tips, print out the wanted posters, and consult with the wand tracers to see if they've made any progress." as the Aurors began sending messages to the Aurors out searching for the Death Eaters, The Minister turned to Adelaide, "Ms. Burke, prepare a statement for the press. I don't want anyone to panic, blame it on Sirius Black, but assure everyone that we are working on it and not to worry. I'll place a guard with you. I'm sorry you had to find out this way about your parents, but you'll be safe I assure you."