Chapter 33

As the weeks passed, the next task was rapidly approaching and Harry was avoiding Adelaide because of the Unforgivable Curse incident. She didn't blame him, his parents were killed by that curse and he almost died from it so seeing her use it in class was probably frightening, but at the same time she really needed to make sure he knew what to do.

She was furious at Philip, she knew he did it to prove a point and keep unwanted people at bay, but while doing so he was interrupting her and Perseus' task. Her friends didn't think any differently of her thankfully, Sebestyen and Luca seemed to have a deeper trust in her after that, which was terribly strange. Luca even divulged that his father used to be a Death Eater before the Dark Lord fell, but they weren't sure what they were going to do if he returned. Sebestyen talked animately about how him and his entire family were very supportive of Dark Magic. They didn't believe ignoring an entire branch of magic just because the Ministry said so was rational.

She even thought she saw Fred glancing at her nervously in the hall, which she quickly turned around and bolted away. The Golden Trio must've informed the entire Gryffindor Common Room about the lecture.  

She was in a sour mood for most of the week, but that quickly changed as her and the other Slytherins gathered in the dungeons with Professor Snape. 

He paced across the room saying in a monotoned and slightly annoyed voice, "There will be a ball this Yule and I expect every one of you to uphold the dignity and prestige of the Slytherin House. Other Houses may be ok with fooling around like a bunch of idiots, but I'm not."

The girls began to giggle in excitement and whisper about who they wanted to ask them to the ball. Snape gave a brief and unexcited lecture on how to properly waltz. He sighed and said, "I know I'm going to regret this later, but better make fools of yourselves now than at the ball. Pair up and practice please." and with a wave of his wand, soft ballroom music began to play.

Adelaide nervously got up, not too sure who to pair up with. She saw her brother give her an SOS signal as ten or more Slytherin girls began to surround him. She shrugged her shoulders winking at him, and left him to the lionesses. This was payback for him leaving her with Andrei Kotov at the beginning of the year. 

As she turned around she saw a very nervous, but smiley Draco behind her with his hand out, "May I?" she giggled at him being so proper and took his hand. They already knew how to dance, but it had been a while so they decided to dance anyway. She received a few angry glances from other Slytherin girls who wanted to dance with Draco, but he just shot them back a disgusted sneer. Snape was pacing around the room, watching everyone like a hawk, calling people out, and correcting any and all imperfections.

"Detention, Ms. Richmond and Mr. Flint this is a waltz not a snogging session."

"Mr. Crabbe, honestly, truly you're an embarrassment."

Draco scoffed looking at Goyle trying miserably to dance with Daphne Greengrass who looked like she was about to cry when he stepped on her toe for probably the fifth time, "Crabbe and Goyle are seriously the least talented people I know." 

She laughed, shocked but not surprised by his blunt comment, "Draco! Stop being so mean." he broke his look of disgust at his friends and laughed a little. "It's not mean if it's true."

His heart was pounding out of his chest the entire time dancing with her. She was so graceful and beautiful. It almost made him angry how beautiful she was, but he couldn't take himself off cloud nine with his hand around her small waist and his hand in her soft, delicate one. The way she smiled so brightly and her hair would catch the light perfectly as he lifted her up for the spin. This time last year she sort of admitted to liking him through what her Amortentia Potion smelled like, but then it went super downhill fast and they never really talked about it again. He wondered if she still liked him anymore, because he was infuriatingly in love with her.

"Uhh..Draco are you alright?" she giggled, breaking his trance. He snapped back to reality and smiled, "Yeah, sorry." they danced for another two minutes before Snape dismissed the two saying, "Ms. Burke if you could please show Mr. Goyle how to properly dance, I'm sure the entire House would appreciate it."

Adelaide let out a little chuckle as she made her way to Greg, Daphne sent her a look of pure relief and appreciation. Adelaide spent about thirty minutes trying to show Goyle how to dance. She managed to get him to not step on her toes and figured it was about as good as it was going to get. Draco watched her the entire time while he was dancing with Daphne who talked his ear off, but he wasn't listening to a word she said. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry, this was so short I just wanted it to be a sweet glimpse into Draco's feelings. :')