Chapter 48

As she entered into the Malfoy Manor, Lucius sighed in relief, "There you are. Your brother is moving back into the Burke Manor, Draco is there helping him. The Ministry sent a letter insisting if no one was going to stay in it, they would seize it because of your parent's situation, but that's not a concern at the moment." he grabbed her arm and proceeded to drag her down the hall. "The Dark Lord is here to tell you what he needs from the Department of Mysteries."

Adelaide felt like the wind was knocked out of her, "He's here now?"

Lucius didn't respond, but opened a door to one of their many empty rooms and there the Dark Lord stood.

"Hello Adelaide." his airy voice echoed through the cold room.

She nervously bowed, "My Lord." she could feel her heart begin to beat faster. She was trying to wrap her head around the news of her parent's Manor, but it completely disappeared from her radar once she found herself in the presence of the Dark Lord so suddenly.

 "I'm very pleased to hear you have successfully infiltrated the Ministry." his voice was like a bucket of ice water being thrown on her.

"T-thank you, my Lord. The Minister is actively denying your return and I have access to the Department of Mysteries like you asked." she said, trying to hide the fear in her voice.

"Good, very good." he slowly made his way to the chair at the table and sat down. Adelaide inhaled sharply as Nagini slithered beside her, entering into the room.

"Come, take a seat. We have some things to discuss." she hesitantly entered the room and nervously sat down on the opposite end of the table.

"There's a prophecy that I need. Now, I know you personally can't retrieve it. We ran into that sticky issue last time, but I need you to get Harry Potter to retrieve it himself."

"Harry Potter?"

The Dark Lord began to pet Nagini as she slithered onto the table, making Adelaide extremely nervous. "It is a prophecy about Harry Potter and I. It's on the 97th row in the room of prophecies. I trust you can perform this task by the end of next year. The Order of the Phoenix has gathered some followers, so there is no way to get ahold of Harry this summer unless we isolate him from the others. You need not worry about that however, your sole focus is getting Harry Potter to retrieve it, I don't care how. Others are working on the Unspeakables to obtain it, but it is extremely difficult as they are dodgy characters."

She nodded quickly, keeping her gaze on the snake who was now wrapping around her chair and staring at her ominously.

He gave a sickening smile that turned Adelaide's stomach, "It seems as though you have planted a deep seed of paranoia in the Minister. Very very impressive. I have a few others working in the Ministry to ensure certain things fall into place."

Adelaide stayed still, gripping the arm rests on her chair tightly to keep them from shaking.

"Well, that is all. I will be visiting your older brother and parents in Greece at some point. I have some things planned for him. Don't fail me, I'd hate to have to bring Draco into this." he hissed. Nagini slowly broke her gaze from Adelaide and slithered towards the Dark Lord before disapparating.

She inhaled sharply and clutched her chest trying to control her breath. Her heart was racing and she felt close to passing out. She fumbled for the calming tonic in her robe pocket that she carried around with her everywhere and took a few sips. She sat there trembling thinking about what the Dark Lord said about Draco. She practically had nothing to go on, she didn't know what prophecy he wanted or how on earth was she going to get Harry to retrieve it for her? She sat there desperately trying to think of what to do. She had to form some sort of plan. It wasn't her own safety on the line, it was now Draco's as well.